+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

Favour of God

Aug 20, 2014
Hello All, just got my open my work permit, I applied September 17th and saw it in my mail box yesterday. it was issued on Dec 8,2015.

Thanks to everyone on this forum. For the people still waiting just hold on, it will surely come by the grace of God

9symmerty

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
08-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Med's Request
February 2017
Med's Done....
February 2017
Passport Req..
May 2 2017
VISA ISSUED...
May 2 2017
LANDED..........
02-05-2017
Congratulations! I'm happy to hear positive results I our applications! God speed!

NadiaVan

Jul 29, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 27, 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 20, 2015
Akohsi said:
What is that spreadsheet? Where can i find it?
The spreadsheet is where you can see timeline for PR inland applicants. It helps to see how others are doing and what are their progress. Especially if you are looking for applicants with similar timeline as yours. Here is the link to the spreadsheet.

http://goo.gl/MQNhgm

Jul 4, 2014
sawadee-eh said:
justheretovent - i see you are in the spreadsheet - have you received AOR? If so what date? Or do you just see your file in ecas?
I saw my AOR in ECAS first. Not sure when I received it, but I got it in the mail. The email address they had for me was incorrect so maybe that explains it. I posted when it was received on this forum but I saw that it wasn't added to the spreadsheet. I'm not in a position at the moment to search here for it. Checked the mail today and still don't have my OWP. It sure is nice to see people who had their apps received a month after me get theirs though. Sweet. Not your fault though, so congrats to you.

YangT

Jul 23, 2015
sawadee-eh said:
justheretovent - i see you are in the spreadsheet - have you received AOR? If so what date? Or do you just see your file in ecas?

YangT - I don't see you in the spreadsheet but your app was also received aug12, but have you received AOR? If so when did you receive it?
What information are in the spreadsheet? Yes, my application was received Aug. 12th. Sent the application Aug. 11th. It's on eCAS, but i didn't receive any AOR.

sawadee-eh

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
YangT said:
What information are in the spreadsheet? Yes, my application was received Aug. 12th. Sent the application Aug. 11th. It's on eCAS, but i didn't receive any AOR.
Copy-paste NadiaVan:

The spreadsheet is where you can see timeline for PR inland applicants. It helps to see how others are doing and what are their progress. Especially if you are looking for applicants with similar timeline as yours. Here is the link to the spreadsheet.

http://goo.gl/MQNhgm

sawadee-eh

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
Justheretovent said:
I saw my AOR in ECAS first. Not sure when I received it, but I got it in the mail. The email address they had for me was incorrect so maybe that explains it. I posted when it was received on this forum but I saw that it wasn't added to the spreadsheet. I'm not in a position at the moment to search here for it. Checked the mail today and still don't have my OWP. It sure is nice to see people who had their apps received a month after me get theirs though. Sweet. Not your fault though, so congrats to you.
Here's a quote from Justheretovent's prior post so hopefully it can be added to the spreadsheet:
"received the sponsorship AOR by mail today 11/27. CIC received app on 8/12"

riz.1

Nov 23, 2015
Ponga said:
Was it the OWP that lead you to submit an Inland application? In your case, you could have likely completed the entire process in less than a year (possibly much less) by submitting an Outland application.

To answer your question...Yes, if your Inland application is returned (or your OWP, because you did not pay the full amount of $255), it could impact your OWP, if you end up losing your status in Canada, before you can re-submit the application(s).

The pilot program may or may not expire next month, but all indicators seem to point to it having been a big success for CIC, so there's probably no valid reason for them to discontinue the program, but...who knows.

IMHO, the best course of action to take...would be to withdraw your Inland application and submit an Outland application, unless having an OWP in ~ 5 months is the most important thing for you.
Thanks alot for your valued reply Ponga. But I'm here now and need to work so its kinda important for me to get OWP, Luckily i sent the right amount of fee . wish i was reading this forum while i was still in UK. So ya I'm in for a long wait then I suppose. :)

malikhashmi said:
I am also an Ontario applicant - do I qualify for OHIP after getting OWP? Also, I got my G license 2 weeks ago - didnt need to wait for OWP or AOR for getting that. MTO confirmed that I should get my license as I couldnt drive on my international license. So for those in Canada on a visitor visa and in waiting for PR - go ahead and get your license!
An excellent piece of info. After reading this I got my license and life is easier that I'm now driving and exploring while waiting for an OWP :). Cheers mate

aero_eng

Nov 26, 2015
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
26-11-2015
AOR Received.
30-05-2016
Med's Request
09-06-2016
Med's Done....
15-06-2016
LANDED..........
07-02-2017
Hello everyone! It is awesome that they have extended the OWP till December 2016.

I had a quick question and was hoping someone in the similar situation or experience could help me out.

I graduate from my program of study in May 2016 and I would be eligible to apply for post graduate work permit PGWP (3 years because my program is 4 years long). However, I sent my application for Inland PR and OWP under the pilot program. If I don't get my work permit under the pilot by the time I graduate can I send an application for PGWP or would it conflict with the OWP application? Thank you :D

OWP and PR Application received by CIC: 26 November 2015.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aero_eng said:
Hello everyone! It is awesome that they have extended the OWP till December 2016.

I had a quick question and was hoping someone in the similar situation or experience could help me out.

I graduate from my program of study in May 2016 and I would be eligible to apply for post graduate work permit PGWP (3 years because my program is 4 years long). However, I sent my application for Inland PR and OWP under the pilot program. If I don't get my work permit under the pilot by the time I graduate can I send an application for PGWP or would it conflict with the OWP application? Thank you :D

OWP and PR Application received by CIC: 26 November 2015.
As long as you properly filled out the form(s) and paid the full amount for the OWP (which is $255 and includes the new $100 `Holder Fee'), you should see your OWP by March 2016...if they continue as they have been. I don't imagine you'd even need to worry about applying for the PGWP.

Good luck!

aero_eng

Nov 26, 2015
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
26-11-2015
AOR Received.
30-05-2016
Med's Request
09-06-2016
Med's Done....
15-06-2016
LANDED..........
07-02-2017
Ponga said:
As long as you properly filled out the form(s) and paid the full amount for the OWP (which is $255 and includes the new $100 `Holder Fee'), you should see your OWP by March 2016...if they continue as they have been. I don't imagine you'd even need to worry about applying for the PGWP.

Good luck!
Thank you Ponga! I included $255 for the permit and I am pretty sure my forms are correct. This forum is awesome!

ghelzkhie

Star Member
Dec 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10 2015
AOR Received.
dec. 10 2015
Med's Done....
upfront med.july 23 2015
Hi everyone. ..
I need more suggestions. .

my pr + owp app received by cic sept 10 2015. .my sponsor got aor with( Uci number and app number)
But we realized we didn't pay the correct fee for owp app. .
It's been a week my owp app haven't returned yet.

How many weeks/months will cic return my owp app?
Do I need to send a new opw app or wait till cic return my owp app?
I'm just worried because my temporary foreign work permit will expired this march 2016..

thank you so much. .

ghelzkhie

Star Member
Dec 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10 2015
AOR Received.
dec. 10 2015
Med's Done....
upfront med.july 23 2015
To rose15. .

thank you i got your messege..can't reply to you Coz your inbox is full..
Yes my husband ( sponsor ) has UCI. we paid 155$ already sent it thru case specific inquiry .

bm2015

Dec 1, 2015
Hello Everyone,
I'm sure each of you going through one or the other immigration procedure and Best of luck to all your efforts!!
I'm one among you but seeking some advice on my immigration process.
I have an open work permit valid for 9 more months. My husband is already a PR. I applied for PR under spousal sponsorship category 3 months back from Alberta. We recently moved to Quebec because of my job. Although Quebec is a beautiful province, we are not planning to settle in Quebec for few reasons. My work permit is going to expire in 9 months so I'm planning to apply for work permit extension.
1. But I'm not sure if I have to apply for a bridging open work permit(BOWP) or Spousal work permit and When do I apply for it?
2. If I apply for a Quebec health card, will it affect my immigration process in any way?
3. Should I inform CIC about my address change along with the reason of temporary stay in Quebec?
Any clue about any of these, is going to help me a lot.
Thank you !!