OWP issued.: 03-12-2015
Med's Done....
15-12-2016 Sponsor Approval: 27-04-2017 AIP 02-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 08-12-2017
LANDED..........
21-03-2018
hi everyone !

I just literally ran into the mail man and almost hugged him, when he handed me my approved work permit :) I`m so happy that, even thou I had an additional document request by cic, I still got approved within the 4 months. Tomorrow I go and get my SIN number and after that I can finally start working and support my hubby. Thank you to all of you who are helping here in answering our questions, without this forum I would have never ever get this far, still a long way to go thou, but the work permit is a big and awesome step forward ;)

Good Luck to everyone !

carmine

Nov 16, 2015
hi i have a question
1. when owp is in processing statues. does that grant implied statues?

i have an owp in and its statues is being processed at this time... ive tired contacting cic and border security and many other agenices to find out this info but to no help.. only number i have to contact cic is 1-888-242-2100 is there any other numbers????

any help will do...

oh and yes i have applied for temp resdient as well

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
carmine said:
hi i have a question
1. when owp is in processing statues. does that grant implied statues?

i have an owp in and its statues is being processed at this time... ive tired contacting cic and border security and many other agenices to find out this info but to no help.. only number i have to contact cic is 1-888-242-2100 is there any other numbers????

any help will do...

oh and yes i have applied for temp resdient as well
You will have "implied status" if you submitted OWP application at same time as your PR inland application together, before your current visa expired.

carmine

Nov 16, 2015
screech339 said:
You will have "implied status" if you submitted OWP application at same time as your PR inland application together, before your current visa expired.

why do i need PR if im applying for TR?

carmine

Nov 16, 2015
Ponga said:
? ? ?

Do you not understand what Screech339 has told you?

ok ive applied for temp resdient.... i am only visiting at this time and i applied inland... so im trying to see if i still get implied statues

ive never applied for anything before ive only came to visit...

LadyMai

Dec 11, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
carmine said:
ok ive applied for temp resdient.... i am only visiting at this time and i applied inland... so im trying to see if i still get implied statues

ive never applied for anything before ive only came to visit...
Because this entire section of the forum is about PR? I'm sorry, are you in the wrong category?

Jul 4, 2014
How many people from August are still waiting for their OWP? My package was received on August 12th, both PR and OWP sent to Mississauga, and here I am still waiting. It was my understanding that the work permit would come WITHIN the four month period, not four months plus whatever other amount of time they feel like. I called on the 8th of this month to ask about the work permit (CIC has my AOR listed as July 31 for some reason, I won't argue) and they said they put in a request to have it done. Tomorrow is a week since. I called today and still haven't had an OWP issued. I'm starving to death and these people are playing games.

superman2012

Nov 20, 2014
Hi guys anyone of you here did the same what I did?

because when the CIC received my Application I just noticed that I mistakenly put some errors in my form then I immediately sent them the form again without file nos and uci yet. so What i did is I wrote a letter stating when did I sent the whole application and my name of course. do you think they will attach it to my package?

YangT

Jul 23, 2015
Hello Justheretovent. My application was recieved on the 12th too and still dont have OWP. I called last friday and i have same issue like u. The guy i was talking to said that my OWP was received earlier. But i sent my application d same time. Planning to call again this week eventhough the guy told me not to call again. I know how it feels. It totally su*ks, but we can only wait.

sawadee-eh

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
justheretovent - i see you are in the spreadsheet - have you received AOR? If so what date? Or do you just see your file in ecas?

YangT - I don't see you in the spreadsheet but your app was also received aug12, but have you received AOR? If so when did you receive it?

9symmerty

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
08-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Med's Request
February 2017
Med's Done....
February 2017
Passport Req..
May 2 2017
VISA ISSUED...
May 2 2017
LANDED..........
02-05-2017
sawadee-eh said:
justheretovent - i see you are in the spreadsheet - have you received AOR? If so what date? Or do you just see your file in ecas?

YangT - I don't see you in the spreadsheet but your app was also received aug12, but have you received AOR? If so when did you receive it?
Hi I have a question, what I the spreadsheet?

romaniangirl

Aug 12, 2015
Justheretovent said:
How many people from August are still waiting for their OWP? My package was received on August 12th, both PR and OWP sent to Mississauga, and here I am still waiting. It was my understanding that the work permit would come WITHIN the four month period, not four months plus whatever other amount of time they feel like. I called on the 8th of this month to ask about the work permit (CIC has my AOR listed as July 31 for some reason, I won't argue) and they said they put in a request to have it done. Tomorrow is a week since. I called today and still haven't had an OWP issued. I'm starving to death and these people are playing games.
I'm 12th of August applicant as well. I've just called CIC and same story here, they received my application but they didn't start processing it and the guy I've talked to didn't know how long it will take for it to be processed, he told me I should keep on waiting.

malikhashmi

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 July, 2015
AOR Received.
15 March, 2016
Med's Request
22 November, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November, 2016
hey guys - did you notice the processing time has gone up from 26 to 28 months! By the time its my turn (August 2015 applicant) - wonder what the timing would be!