00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
dominokitty said:
Hey guys - my husband received AIP and a medical request on May 16, and we redid the medical on the 25th, but nothing has changed in ecas yet. It just says "application received Sept 11", is that normal??

The sponsor side of things was updated immediately (we got AIP and SA on the same day) so I'm not quite sure why it hasn't changed. Should I be worried?
Congrats Domino!!!

Sallychanchan

Mar 16, 2016
vancouvernick said:
Here's the official statement on CIC's website

"After a medical examination by a Panel Physician, the results are sent for review to the CIC medical office which serves your region. The CIC medical office will assess the results and send their assessment to the visa office which is processing your application.

Processing times can vary but generally:

For permanent resident applications, it normally takes three months after our medical office receives the medical examination results from the Panel Physician before we will contact you regarding the next stage of your application. This is true only if you have already complied with our other requests (e.g. to submit other documents)."

But according to the spreadsheet and the receptionist at the clinic I did my medical exam, it should be around 2 months before you hear from them again.
Hi

I am December applucant. I have application number and the sponsor’s UCI number (my husband) now. I don’t have my own UCI number yet.

My questions is after I do the medical check, how can I tell CIC that I have already finished it. Is it the clinic will send to CIC automatically (With our application number and my husband’s UCI)?

Is there any place I can scan my documents and send to CIC? Or I have to send the paper documents to CIC in Mississauga?

Thanks for your help. Much appreciate.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sallychanchan said:
Hi

I am December applucant. I have application number and the sponsor’s UCI number (my husband) now. I don’t have my own UCI number yet.

My questions is after I do the medical check, how can I tell CIC that I have already finished it. Is it the clinic will send to CIC automatically (With our application number and my husband’s UCI)?

Is there any place I can scan my documents and send to CIC? Or I have to send the paper documents to CIC in Mississauga?

Make sure the physician that you choose uses the eMedical system to transit the results electronically to CIC...which will actually be sent to a system that is shared between Canada and Australia (which is weird).

zhuerma

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2015 OWP Received.: 13-04-2016
AOR Received.
12-05-2016 SA+AIP emails: 14-06-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront(10-2015) Med Rec'd (ecas): 06-06-2016
Interview........
06-12-2016 DM................: 26-01-2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2017
Sallychanchan said:
Hi

You need to use your own UCI to the medical check.
Simply look up your UCI from your visitor visa, it's printed there and it's your unique, life time number generated by CIC.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
jims_89 said:
November 4th applicant.

Today i received the email that i meet the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor and my husband received a letter that he needs to provide additional supporting documents as they think we have not provided sufficient evidence that he is in cohabitating relationship with me. They also gave example documents that I need to submit (evidence of joint bank, trust, credit union or charge card accounts; jointly signed residential lease, mortgage or purchase agreement, insurance and/or beneficiary forms)

We do not have too many pictures of wedding as it was an intimate ceremony with family members only. Should i submit my marriage certificate along with all the other documents requested as we have joint account and joint lease and all? Should i write a letter of explanation too or the documents are enough. Please advise
These are standard requests from common-law partners. I would prepare a cover letter, highlighting, that you are living together AND in fact are married to each other, and also send a copy of the marriage certificate. Just in case they haven't noticed this really unimportant small fact...

You can get more ideas from here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1exVjDW_qTVuCdi9Fnd5pKlOSA-XJ82Z4JDUZkUtQrE8/edit#heading=h.taxg2g2d44yv

jims_89

Star Member
Sep 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
October 16, 2017 Recieved
AOR Received.
Waiting
sophieee said:
These are standard requests from common-law partners. I would prepare a cover letter, highlighting, that you are living together AND in fact are married to each other, and also send a copy of the marriage certificate. Just in case they haven't noticed this really unimportant small fact...

You can get more ideas from here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1exVjDW_qTVuCdi9Fnd5pKlOSA-XJ82Z4JDUZkUtQrE8/edit#heading=h.taxg2g2d44yv
Thanks Sophieee:)

Sallychanchan

Mar 16, 2016
zhuerma said:
You need to use your own UCI to the medical check.
Simply look up your UCI from your visitor visa, it's printed there and it's your unique, life time number generated by CIC.
Yes, you are right. Such a simple question, I should realize that. Thanks.

JO1986

Star Member
Jun 3, 2015
Lately has anybody sent his/her passport to the OTTAWA office after PPR?
What's the timeline of getting the passport back?

sawadee-eh

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
Sallychanchan said:
Hi

As mentioned, be sure to use a dr that does e-Medical. The Dr's office will electronically send it to CIC.

When leaving the Dr's office they will give you a printout with the e-Medical logo, your name and info and photo. It confirms that you did the upfront medical (if CIC has not requested a medical yet, then it is still "upfront" even though you have submitted PR app).

CIC needs a copy of that form. Since they are okay with a copy (according to the document checklist if I recall correctly), you can scan it to a PDF or JPG file and send it to them using the Case Specific Enquiry form. You'll need your UCI number (get from your visa or call CIC since you said you have a file number), application file number, and other info.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Hope that helps.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
JO1986 said:
Lately has anybody sent his/her passport to the OTTAWA office after PPR?
What's the timeline of getting the passport back?
In-Canada applicants don't have to send their passports.

sinimat

Mar 17, 2016
I have a quick question if someone could answer it that would be great!

So I am October 2015 applicant and CIC requested medical on May 20th and I have it booked for next Tuesday June 14th. I was reading about medical exams on CIC webiste and noticed that they say to bring "the Medical Report form (IMM 1017E), if you do not undergo an up-front medical exam. The visa office will send you this form." We are using representatives for our application and I have not received this form from them yet or any other instructions that was mentioned in CIC letter. I definitely need that form to take with to my appointment, right? I already emailed the representatives asking for it but they haven't answered yet... CIC needs to receive my medical by June 19th.

zhuerma

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2015 OWP Received.: 13-04-2016
AOR Received.
12-05-2016 SA+AIP emails: 14-06-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront(10-2015) Med Rec'd (ecas): 06-06-2016
Interview........
06-12-2016 DM................: 26-01-2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2017
sinimat said:
I have a quick question if someone could answer it that would be great!

So I am October 2015 applicant and CIC requested medical on May 20th and I have it booked for next Tuesday June 14th. I was reading about medical exams on CIC webiste and noticed that they say to bring "the Medical Report form (IMM 1017E), if you do not undergo an up-front medical exam. The visa office will send you this form." We are using representatives for our application and I have not received this form from them yet or any other instructions that was mentioned in CIC letter. I definitely need that form to take with to my appointment, right? I already emailed the representatives asking for it but they haven't answered yet... CIC needs to receive my medical by June 19th.
Form IMM1017 is more like a "cover sheet" when a med report is physically delivered back to CIC, in the "old days".

Since nowadays most CIC panel physicians are eMedical capable with all communications via online, CIC won't necessarily send IMM1017 to the applicants.

You only need to tell your panel physician your UCI # and Application #, or just simply show them a printout of your CIC med request email, the physician will take care of the rest for you.