24/08/2015
AOR Received.
18/11/2015, 21/04/2016
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
01-31-2017
My OWP has finally been approved!!!!! good for 2 years

They received my app on August 24, 2015 and AOR on November 18th :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

kapilhere

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Hi Folks,

I am very new to this so pardon me if I don't detail it out.

My wife sponsored me in August 2014 and we didn't recieved any AOR. The application status shows in-process when we check using the client id.

I have specific questions

CIC do not issue AOR in all cases?
Can I leave the country with my inland application in-process?
My employer has already applied for a closed work permit. Can I apply for open work permit at the same time. Can I have 2 work permit applications in-process at the same time?
Can I apply for open work permit when my current work permit expires and stay in canada with no job?
Is the actual timelines really 24 months?

prjkr

Oct 1, 2014
Hello all,

I'm not actually an applicant yet but my fiance (who is a Canadian citizen) and I are currently about to begin the process as we are getting married this coming mid-May. My question is regarding the ability to work once it is in process.

I am currently working full-time in Canada on a post graduate work permit that expires July 29 this year (2016). We've been planning the wedding (which is happening in India) for a little over half a year now as my previous, independent PR application through Express Entry FSW was in its final stages and we didn't see any problems going ahead... but it was - to our surprise - sadly rejected last month.

I know that it takes 3-4 months for the OWP to be processed once the application for both Spousal Sponsorship and OWP has been sent to CIC. We were wondering, however, if it is possible to continue working beyond the expiry (July 29) of my current post graduate work permit on Implied Status, since the OWP application would be in process at that time.

Thanks!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prjkr said:
Hello all,

I'm not actually an applicant yet but my fiance (who is a Canadian citizen) and I are currently about to begin the process as we are getting married this coming mid-May. My question is regarding the ability to work once it is in process.

I am currently working full-time in Canada on a post graduate work permit that expires July 29 this year (2016). We've been planning the wedding (which is happening in India) for a little over half a year now as my previous, independent PR application through Express Entry FSW was in its final stages and we didn't see any problems going ahead... but it was - to our surprise - sadly rejected last month.

I know that it takes 3-4 months for the OWP to be processed once the application for both Spousal Sponsorship and OWP has been sent to CIC. We were wondering, however, if it is possible to continue working beyond the expiry (July 29) of my current post graduate work permit on Implied Status, since the OWP application would be in process at that time.

Thanks!
There has been much debate about this very question here and the majority seem to say that you cannot continue to work beyond the expiry of your PGWP, because it cannot be extended. Implied status is, in essence, an extension of your current status. At the very least, you will have implied status as a visitor, until the OWP arrives. Make sure to include the correct payment amount ($155 + $100) for the OWP!

prjkr

Oct 1, 2014
Ponga said:
There has been much debate about this very question here and the majority seem to say that you cannot continue to work beyond the expiry of your PGWP, because it cannot be extended. Implied status is, in essence, an extension of your current status. At the very least, you will have implied status as a visitor, until the OWP arrives. Make sure to include the correct payment amount ($155 + $100) for the OWP!
Thank you so much for your quick response and thoughtful tip! I will definitely remember to include the correct payment amount. I notice the words majority and debate in your post which makes me curious - have there been any instances that you are aware of where someone has been able to continue working?

Thanks again!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prjkr said:
Thank you so much for your quick response and thoughtful tip! I will definitely remember to include the correct payment amount. I notice the words majority and debate in your post which makes me curious - have there been any instances that you are aware of where someone has been able to continue working?

Thanks again!
My pleasure.

Yes, there have been some that have continued to work. Of those, `some' were found to have worked without authorization.

It really is a grey area, which is why it is `suggested' to err on the side of caution. There's no way of knowing which side of the line your CIC officer will be on.

pichratana

Feb 11, 2016
can someone tell me, i submit my application under common in law inside Canada sine June 30,2014. It been 17 months already, i have not receive any news from the immigrant yet what should i do?

Fly2016Canada

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2015
Doc's Request.
24-05-2016 Fingerprints requested
AOR Received.
23-03-2016
Med's Request
19-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront, again redone on 30-05-2016
Interview........
05-08-2016
Passport Req..
05-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2016
LANDED..........
05-08-2016
pichratana said:
can someone tell me, i submit my application under common in law inside Canada sine June 30,2014. It been 17 months already, i have not receive any news from the immigrant yet what should i do?
@pichratana, if you have already received AOR and there is no news after that, then you can give CIC a call, provide the file no# and check if there is any progress on your app. You can also check it yourself online on the CIC website using check your application status option. Usually sponsorship applications take 17 months, so may be you will hear about it soon.

If you do not have AOR in hand, then try the web form to enquire about the application status.

P.S Current overall timeline for Family sponsorship Inland is 26 months.

Hope this helps !!

pichratana

Feb 11, 2016
pichratana said:

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
beans on toast said:
I received my new Korean Police Check (it took me 3 months to get it from Korea - thanks to everyone who contributed advice and documentation!!), and would now like to send it in to compliment my submission from March 2015. I have received AOR with my application number, so i will send my document and a covering letter. But to where?

Thanks in advance!
To the same address you sent your Spousal Sponsorship application.
Don't forget to include a cover letter with the following information:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1exVjDW_qTVuCdi9Fnd5pKlOSA-XJ82Z4JDUZkUtQrE8/edit#heading=h.yg3fk39nlnph

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Nomad Nicol said:
Hey all, my OWP was in the mail on January 29th, yay. It's a 2 year as expected.

I did get another letter from CIC today though saying that there's a problem with my application. I've been assigned a application number and I have 30 days to send the corrected docs to them, unfortunately I don't know what's wrong with them so I'll have to call them tomorrow.

They said that my additional family information was incomplete, I can only think that it's because I didn't mark any 'N/A' after my brother. So Section C has one line with my brother's info and then the rest are left blank. I had nothing for Section B so had put N/A across the first lines there.

They also said that I was incomplete with every month of my personal history. I was very thorough with this as I've been around! I'm wondering it's because I went for example 2013 05 to 2013 09 and then 2013 10 for my next line rather than 2013 09 once again.

I really hope they can pinpoint the problems when I call tomorrow, but definitely relieved that they didn't send the whole thing back.
Filling out only one line at the siblings section shouldn't be a problem. Check if you have everyone's full legal name, date of birth, the city and country of birth, the marital status and the full address (with street numbers and name, city, country, postal code - everything) and email address.
Putting N/A in the first line's first box at the children's section should also be enough.

For your personal history, going from 2013-09 to 2013-10 shouldn't be a problem. Is it matching your educational history and addresses and everything? Did you include everything, such as longer trips to foreign countries (I would include everything that is longer than 3 weeks). Did you go back for at least 10 years, or at least 1 month before your 18th birthday?

Call centre agents have no access to the actual documents, so they won't be able to tell you the problem.

pichratana

Feb 11, 2016
@sophieee

I sent application sine 30 June 2014, under common in law inside Canada.
But i did not include my police check with the finger print. Can i send it now to CIC?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
pichratana said:
@sophieee

I sent application sine 30 June 2014, under common in law inside Canada.
But i did not include my police check with the finger print. Can i send it now to CIC?
Yes, you can, just include a lot of information in your cover letter. You have a file number, right?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
pichratana said:
@sophieee
How can i send it to? And where can i send it to?
To the same address you sent your application. Put it in an envelope (preferable at least Xpress post, so you have proof of delivery), include a cover letter (see the link in my previous post) and then send it.

This is the address:
In-Canada sponsorship
CPC ― Mississauga
P. O. Box 5040, Station B
Mississauga, Ontario
L5A 3A4