6-11-2015
AOR Received.
29-4-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
LANDED..........
6-7-2016
Jambs said:
I submitted mine last November 2 and I have a copy from UPS that it was received.

Delivery Date / Time: 02-November-2015 / 10:21 AM
Delivery Location: MAIL ROOM
Signed by: RASHPAL
I also received a delivery notification.... really hoping this is not the case! If so, I would want to send another application asap

GlenL

Oct 16, 2015
berylia said:
Did you guys heard that CIC lost application files received Oct. and Nov.?
Usually when you call the centre, they would suggest you wait until 4 months, not even one day ahead, then require for your OWP app. But recently they just say the word LOST to Oct. and Nov. applicants.
On the other hand, applicants of Dec. already have their AOR email.

They have not made any official announcement so far. I am just GUESSING if they could have lost files. (Am I safe to guess like that? :p)
Probably not a safe guess. It seems to be there is no consistency with what they do at CIC. I have noticed many applications received after mine being processed ahead of mine, but I can honestly picture 2 agents splitting a pile in half, and one agent not knowing how the other had it sorted, therefore the second agent is processing applications received well ahead of the first agent. I have noticed applications received in December getting AOR and OWP ahead of many October and November applications. Sometimes the simplest explanation is the correct one.

Glen

Amour.Ashi

Jan 11, 2016
PSTSC said:
Sponsorship application sent August 2015. AOR received November 2015.
Applied for OWP separately October 29, 2015. Received OWP today ! Valid until February 2018.
Please update the sheet. :D
Lost status and had to apply for restoration of status in July 2015 due to the fact we missed the $ 155 OWP fee ...

Congratulations on getting your work permit. I need to ask you something as I am in similar situation, I have recieved my AOR Feb7, 2016. My bonded work permit expired in Dec 2015. I applied for extension of stay as a visitor prior December 2015. I am on implied status now. Since I have received AOR and I am still under 90 days of my work permit expiry. Can I apply for the open work permit with the restoration fee (I' m not sure if you paid that) to get an open work permit?
Did you do a paper application or online application?

Thanks,
Please reply soon.

Markito

Oct 6, 2015
Quick question...We are preparing to apply for an extension on my wife's spousal open work permit. It was issued for a max of 7 months since her passport was expiring but has been renewed since. Which form do we complete? What is the correct fee to pay? Do we send it to Vegreville? Thanks in advance.

PSTSC

Jul 9, 2015
Amour.Ashi said:
Congratulations on getting your work permit. I need to ask you something as I am in similar situation, I have recieved my AOR Feb7, 2016. My bonded work permit expired in Dec 2015. I applied for extension of stay as a visitor prior December 2015. I am on implied status now. Since I have received AOR and I am still under 90 days of my work permit expiry. Can I apply for the open work permit with the restoration fee (I' m not sure if you paid that) to get an open work permit?
Did you do a paper application or online application?

Thanks,
Please reply soon.

i believe you can apply for OWP as you are under implied status for visitor. the requirements for the OWP is to have legal status as a visitor or worker and stay with your spouse/common law partner.

if you had lost your status completely, you would need to apply within 90 days of losing status and wait for restoration of status first before applying for an OWP
It was a paper application for the OWP. the restoration of status was submitted online.

good luck !

NadiaVan

Jul 29, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 27, 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 20, 2015
Hi I need to ask something,

When I sent the PR application, I sent my Temporary Resident Visa visa extension simultaneously, just to be safe. Then I got my Open Work Permit in December 2015, it has 2 years on it. All good. Then, I also received my TRV extension that will expired on 25 May 2016. My questions are:

1. If I leave Canada, I need a visa to re-enter Canada right? Even though I have an OWP? ( Which is risky, I know. I just want to have one in case
emergency happens back home and I need to see my family)

2. What should I do after my extension TRV expired which is on 25 May 2016. Should I extend this same visa or should I apply a new TRV under the
worker status now that I have OWP? (This should be the one where workers and students send to. Applying a new Temporary Resident Visa from
within Canada)

Thanks.

Amour.Ashi

Jan 11, 2016
PSTSC said:
i believe you can apply for OWP as you are under implied status for visitor. the requirements for the OWP is to have legal status as a visitor or worker and stay with your spouse/common law partner.

if you had lost your status completely, you would need to apply within 90 days of losing status and wait for restoration of status first before applying for an OWP
It was a paper application for the OWP. the restoration of status was submitted online.

good luck !
Thank you for your quick reply. I am gathering my documents for submitting it tomorrow. Just curious- it says open work permit holder fee is $100 and I read in your previous posts that you missed the open work permit fee $155. What is the difference? I just want to make sure that I am doing the right thing. how much is the fee for spousal class open work permit and which options to select? I am not paying for the restoration as I am in implied status as a visitor. Thank you!!!!

prokofievaa

Feb 9, 2016
Amour.Ashi said:
Thank you for your quick reply. I am gathering my documents for submitting it tomorrow. Just curious- it says open work permit holder fee is $100 and I read in your previous posts that you missed the open work permit fee $155. What is the difference? I just want to make sure that I am doing the right thing. how much is the fee for spousal class open work permit and which options to select? I am not paying for the restoration as I am in implied status as a visitor. Thank you!!!!
You need to pay both - so 255$.

PSTSC

Jul 9, 2015
Amour.Ashi said:
sorry for the mistake, I only paid the $ 155. had to pay the $ 100 as well. you have to pay both fees: total of $ 255
A lot of people missed the $ 100 open work permit holder fee which resulted in returned applications and a lot of people losing status ...

9symmerty

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
08-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Med's Request
February 2017
Med's Done....
February 2017
Passport Req..
May 2 2017
VISA ISSUED...
May 2 2017
LANDED..........
02-05-2017
PSTSC said:
sorry for the mistake, I only paid the $ 155. had to pay the $ 100 as well. you have to pay both fees: total of $ 255
A lot of people missed the $ 100 open work permit holder fee which resulted in returned applications and a lot of people losing status ...
In my case and so as the other 4 applicants here, after realizing that we did sent an inefficient payment for OWP app. 2 of us sent a brand new application to VEGREVILLE with a letter of explanation regarding the first OWP app that we went along with the PR app. We have included the copy of the previous reciept payment and the additional payment In the envelope and so is the proof that CPC - MISSISAUGA received our app. We then got our AOR and since we have the Application num er already, we sent an email to CASE SPECIFIC INQUIRY about the first OWP application that was sent with the pr app with the insuficient feES. WE ALSO MENTIONED THAT WE DID SENT A BRAND NEW APPLICATION FOR OWP WITH THE CORRECT FEES IN CPC- VERGEVILLE AND PROVODED THEM TOO WITH THE DATE IT WAS REVEIVED BY VEGREVILLE AS A PROOF. AND FINALLY WE HAVE ATTACHED THE MISSING PAYMENT RECEIPT TO "case specific inquiry.

After 10 days of that email we have received a confirmation that the missing payment had been included with our applications.

TAKE NOTE: WE ONLY SENT A BRAND NEW APP TO VEGREVILLE BECAUSE SOME OF US LOST OUR STATUS AT THE END OF DECEMBER AND TO SAVE OURSELVES FROM LOSING OUR IMPLIED STATUS. 2 PEOPLE GOT THEIR OWP AND THERES ONLY TWO OF US WAITING FOR OUR OWP AND HOPEFULLY SOON.

i hope this helps..

zhuerma

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2015 OWP Received.: 13-04-2016
AOR Received.
12-05-2016 SA+AIP emails: 14-06-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront(10-2015) Med Rec'd (ecas): 06-06-2016
Interview........
06-12-2016 DM................: 26-01-2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2017
PSTSC said:
Sponsorship application sent August 2015. AOR received November 2015.
Applied for OWP separately October 29, 2015. Received OWP today ! Valid until February 2018.
Please update the sheet. :D
Lost status and had to apply for restoration of status in July 2015 due to the fact we missed the $ 155 OWP fee ...
Congratulations PSTSC.
I have a couple of questions:
- When you applied for OWP separately in Oct, did you send to Vegreville or Mississauga?
- You haven't got your file number when send in your separate OWP app, how did you succeed to link this separate app to your Sponsorship app?
- Sorry it's a bit confusing tha you applied for restoration of status in July when realizing the missing $155, but you said you sent the sponsorship app in Aug, the timelines don't seem to be logical?

zhuerma

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2015 OWP Received.: 13-04-2016
AOR Received.
12-05-2016 SA+AIP emails: 14-06-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront(10-2015) Med Rec'd (ecas): 06-06-2016
Interview........
06-12-2016 DM................: 26-01-2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2017
9symmerty said:
In my case and so as the other 4 applicants here, after realizing that we did sent an inefficient payment for OWP app. 2 of us sent a brand new application to VEGREVILLE with a letter of explanation regarding the first OWP app that we went along with the PR app. We have included the copy of the previous reciept payment and the additional payment In the envelope and so is the proof that CPC - MISSISAUGA received our app. We then got our AOR and since we have the Application num er already, we sent an email to CASE SPECIFIC INQUIRY about the first OWP application that was sent with the pr app with the insuficient feES. WE ALSO MENTIONED THAT WE DID SENT A BRAND NEW APPLICATION FOR OWP WITH THE CORRECT FEES IN CPC- VERGEVILLE AND PROVODED THEM TOO WITH THE DATE IT WAS REVEIVED BY VEGREVILLE AS A PROOF. AND FINALLY WE HAVE ATTACHED THE MISSING PAYMENT RECEIPT TO "case specific inquiry.

After 10 days of that email we have received a confirmation that the missing payment had been included with our applications.

TAKE NOTE: WE ONLY SENT A BRAND NEW APP TO VEGREVILLE BECAUSE SOME OF US LOST OUR STATUS AT THE END OF DECEMBER AND TO SAVE OURSELVES FROM LOSING OUR IMPLIED STATUS. 2 PEOPLE GOT THEIR OWP AND THERES ONLY TWO OF US WAITING FOR OUR OWP AND HOPEFULLY SOON.

i hope this helps..
Thank you 9symmerty for the sharing, it helps because I am one of the people who sent the OWP app with insurfficient payment, just don't know whether I am one of the four cases that you mentioned above or I am the fifth case. ::)

My apps were sent in mid Nov, my visitor status expired in early Dec (I'm now in "implied status" I believe).

I think I'm not going to take any actions but wait till they get me response, because they may still process my OWP app with contacting me to supplement additional payment, or they may return my app in worst case, however based on my previous research (see my post in Page 170 or the quote below) I believe I still have 90 days to restore my status beginning from the day they decide to return my app.

Do you think this waiting workable, or it's still risky for my status in Canada? thanks.

cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/restoration.asp

Requirement details

90 Days
• Clients who have been refused an extension to their temporary resident status, and were in status (including implied status) until the refusal, have 90 days from the date of the refusal notice to apply for a restoration, if otherwise eligible.

9symmerty

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
08-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Med's Request
February 2017
Med's Done....
February 2017
Passport Req..
May 2 2017
VISA ISSUED...
May 2 2017
LANDED..........
02-05-2017
zhuerma said:
Thank you 9symmerty for the sharing, it helps because I am one of the people who sent the OWP app with insurfficient payment, just don't know whether I am one of the four cases that you mentioned above or I am the fifth case. ::)

My apps were sent in mid Nov, my visitor status expired in early Dec (I'm now in "implied status" I believe).

I think I'm not going to take any actions but wait till they get me response, because they may still process my OWP app with contacting me to supplement additional payment, or they may return my app in worst case, however based on my previous research (see my post in Page 170 or the quote below) I believe I still have 90 days to restore my status beginning from the day they decide to return my app.

Do you think this waiting workable, or it's still risky for my status in Canada? thanks.
Yes you can do that too. I know i didnt because i didnf wanna wait to apply for restoration and wait for another 4 months or so i wouldnt risk it. But if you think you wont have a problem applying for restoration just in case you get your app back then do whatever you think is necessary for you. We just all hope that none of us gets our app back so good luck to all of us here :)

mollybloom

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 Oct. 2015
berylia said:
Did you guys heard that CIC lost application files received Oct. and Nov.?
Usually when you call the centre, they would suggest you wait until 4 months, not even one day ahead, then require for your OWP app. But recently they just say the word LOST to Oct. and Nov. applicants.
On the other hand, applicants of Dec. already have their AOR email.

They have not made any official announcement so far. I am just GUESSING if they could have lost files. (Am I safe to guess like that? :p)
Does anyone know if there's any validity to this?