Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Jabs 77 said:
Sophie do you have care card now, since you are in BC
Not yet.
My husband sent the application to add me to his plan on May 7th, they asked for more proof (that the permanent residence application is in process) on June 3. First we made a couple phone calls, tried to convince the enrollment manager without luck. Than we sent a very long, detailed letter and requested a review of the decision from the Operations Director on July 16th. They again asked for more proof, which we can't provide, because CIC won't provide us any further detail about the processing before AIP. We got the last denial on July 31.
We contacted our MLA on August 20th, they sent the appeal to the Ministry of Health today, Sept. 16th.
And we sent an online complaint to the BC Ombudsman on Sept. 9th, they called back my husband and we faxed over every proof and documentation we have on Sept. 12th.
That's the story so far.

Jabs 77

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-14
AOR Received.
14-02-14
My hubby will be calling them tomorrow , cause we've called hem several times with no luck , hope things will change this time.

Kieath

Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-14
AOR Received.
n/a (mail requested)
Med's Request
07-02-15
mary63 said:
i applied in feb and it only says "we have received your application". for some poeple it also says "we have received your medical", but not for me even though i did my medical back in feb.
Sorry I missed this earlier! Thanks so much for the response - I can finally feel a bit at ease!

Monkeyfish

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Sometime the applicant receives AOR, sometimes the sponsor receives AOR. I still don't understand how we're supposed to find our sponsor's UCI if the sponsor was born and raised in Canada and it was the applicant who received AOR.

I am the applicant and I received the AOR (spouse did not). I am still not able to log in to the E-cas system using my file number, receipt number or UCI from my visitor record. I am due to give birth in a month and I need to figure out where to submit our new baby's information once she's born.

My spouse and I met with our MP (NDP) over the weekend. She was not helpful. Becoming discouraged and even more confused. Ah well, what can we do besides keep looking forward? At least the weather is nice in Quebec.

Hang in there, everybody!

michminn

Aug 26, 2014
Nanaimo, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Miss to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2014
AOR Received.
05/12/2014
File Transfer...
05/12/2014
Med's Done....
18/03/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waives/US citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 17/6/2015
LANDED..........
Soon... 25/6/2015 !!!!!!!!!!! Anticipated
sophieee said:
Not yet.
My husband sent the application to add me to his plan on May 7th, they asked for more proof (that the permanent residence application is in process) on June 3. First we made a couple phone calls, tried to convince the enrollment manager without luck. Than we sent a very long, detailed letter and requested a review of the decision from the Operations Director on July 16th. They again asked for more proof, which we can't provide, because CIC won't provide us any further detail about the processing before AIP. We got the last denial on July 31.
We contacted our MLA on August 20th, they sent the appeal to the Ministry of Health today, Sept. 16th.
And we sent an online complaint to the BC Ombudsman on Sept. 9th, they called back my husband and we faxed over every proof and documentation we have on Sept. 12th.
That's the story so far.

As long as you have been in BC for 6mos. or longer and have confirmation that your application was received!! I am sick and tired of the CANADIAN policies.... I haven't even landed yet! grrrrrrrrr

Amazingsho

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
TOR
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-2-2014
AOR Received.
4-2-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow !
sophieee said:
Not yet.
That's the story so far.
There is a post said a couple have their MSP granted recently. The reference is in BC gov open source dicision on 22 July 2014. go check the letters !

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Amazingsho said:
There is a post said a couple have their MSP granted recently. The reference is in BC gov open source dicision on 22 July 2014. go check the letters !
Are you referring the couple who get a copy if the HIBC manual? I'm aware of it, tried to deal with HIBC by reading it to them, the thing is, they understand it differently. I hope the MLA and/or the ombudsman can help us.

xandt

Star Member
May 12, 2014
michminn said:
As long as you have been in BC for 6mos. or longer and have confirmation that your application was received!! I am sick and tired of the CANADIAN policies.... I haven't even landed yet! grrrrrrrrr
The message we received is that, after the 3rd month the PR application fee is paid, the spouse applicant could be covered under BC MSP. However, it requires proof from CIC showing the application is "being processed". AOR only shows the application is "received", which is not enough. Once getting the "in processing", I will get coverage. The good news is, the coverage will be back-dated. (My application was submitted and fee paid in May, so my coverage will be back-dated to August.) Medical expenses will have to be paid out of the pocket. Once BC MSP is approved, we should be able to claim for reimbursement.

I cannot say this is 100% accurate, not until my coverage is approved and reimbursement received. But this is the information we received so far.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xandt said:
The message we received is that, after the 3rd month the PR application fee is paid, the spouse applicant could be covered under BC MSP. However, it requires proof from CIC showing the application is "being processed". AOR only shows the application is "received", which is not enough. Once getting the "in processing", I will get coverage. The good news is, the coverage will be back-dated. (My application was submitted and fee paid in May, so my coverage will be back-dated to August.) Medical expenses will have to be paid out of the pocket. Once BC MSP is approved, we should be able to claim for reimbursement.

I cannot say this is 100% accurate, not until my coverage is approved and reimbursement received. But this is the information we received so far.
You might want to try to order GCMS. GCMS provides more insights about the status of the application, and BC will probably accept it. It will tell them the application has been received, complete, and registered in the system. One sort of concrete proof of eligibility before the AIP.

xandt

Star Member
May 12, 2014
civic said:
You might want to try to order GCMS. GCMS provides more insights about the status of the application, and BC will probably accept it. It will tell them the application has been received, complete, and registered in the system. One sort of concrete proof of eligibility before the AIP.
Thanks for the suggestion. To my understanding, what they want to see is the application is "being processed" instead of just "received". But I guess I could try. First I'd want to see it on eCAS, which there is still nothing yet.

Amazingsho

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
TOR
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-2-2014
AOR Received.
4-2-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow !
Just a quick question.

I did not send in OWP with my application back in Feb. It because I already had my extension as visitor granted for 12months so I thought I dont need to worry about implied status. However recent increase in process time has made me to consider a back up plan in case situation worsen in future.

My question is, can I still send my application with "do not process until AIP" separately with application? By doing so, can I gain Implied Status?

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
Amazingsho said:
Just a quick question.

I did not send in OWP with my application back in Feb. It because I already had my extension as visitor granted for 12months so I thought I dont need to worry about implied status. However recent increase in process time has made me to consider a back up plan in case situation worsen in future.

My question is, can I still send my application with "do not process until AIP" after CPC-V-->M change ? By doing so, can I gain Implied Status ?
No, you could send one right after you get AIP. However you could apply for another visitor extension before your current one expires, if time gets too tight.

Amazingsho

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
TOR
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-2-2014
AOR Received.
4-2-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow !
beholder69 said:
No, you could send one right after you get AIP. However you could apply for another visitor extension before your current one expires, if time gets too tight.
How thats not possible anymore ? Do you know any link for official announcement that eliminates this option ?

xandt

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Amazingsho said:
How thats not possible anymore ? Do you know any link for official announcement that eliminates this option ?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=679&t=17

See the second bullet, which emphasize AND. The "certain stage" would be AIP as people understand. However, I have yet found where that is stated on CIC website.