Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
missworld13 said:
I want to know if anybody changes their surname to ur husband's surname during ur inland spousal sponsorship. can u do that or should u wait until u get ur PR card and then apply for surname change also does it effect to ur application. what will be the procedure and what will be best time and way to do so
My wife used my surname when we applied for inland sponsorship. But as far as I knoe although you use yout husbands surname it doesn't matter as the CIC will always refer in your passport

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
missworld13 said:
I received a letter for forms need to be sent on 26 aug and I received my aip 2nd september. I got letters no emails
Hi missworld13. Did you received AIP or AOR???

lellen

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2014
AOR Received.
(SA) August 7 2014
File Transfer...
August 21 2014
Med's Done....
May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
I received the AOR to my inland application on my inbox. My husband, the sponsor, didn't receive anything. Now, he is a Canadian citizen by birth and didn't have a UCI or anything, so that's why it might be different.

Amazingsho

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
TOR
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-2-2014
AOR Received.
4-2-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow !
shashauc said:
Can I ask if the AOR is sent to Sponsor's email box or the person being sponsored? Thank you.
Mine was to applicant's mail box, fill both applicant and sponsor's in form.

but you still can check ecas even if you dont receive email, they did update the applicant's file but not sponsor.

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
This makes no sense that you got AIP so soon.

missworld13 said:
I received a letter for forms need to be sent on 26 aug and I received my aip 2nd september. I got letters no emails

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
I totally didn't see but got this email 4 days ago:

CIC - Ministerial Enquiries Division/CIC - Service de renseignements ministériels <Ministerial.Enquiries.Division@cic.gc.ca>
Sep 12 (4 days ago)

to me
Dear xxxx:

The Office of the Honourable Jason Kenney, Minister of Employment and Social Development and Minister for Multiculturalism, has kindly forwarded to Mr. Chris Alexander, Canada’s Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, a copy of your email of August 5, 2014, concerning your application for permanent residence under family sponsorship class. I regret the delay in responding.

Please be assured that Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) reviews all applications objectively and consistently to ensure fair and equitable treatment of all applicants. We assess each application on its own merit against the program requirements.

We realize that those who have submitted their applications look forward to a decision being rendered within a reasonable waiting period after applying. Every effort is made to complete the processing of partner and spousal applications as quickly as possible. We make every effort to deal with the applications we receive in the most efficient and effective way. However, the many steps involved in processing an application, coupled with the volume of applications, sometimes make it difficult to conclude cases in as timely a manner as we would like.

The creation of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class promotes family unity. It allows Canadian citizens and permanent residents to sponsor their spouses or common-law partners who live with them in Canada, for permanent residence. However, Family Class category redesign aimed at faster processing of applications from spouses, common-law partners and dependent children only applies to applicants who are outside Canada. It is always in the client’s best interests to apply abroad in the prescribed manner, if possible. There are distinct disadvantages to applying from within Canada, including longer processing times, lack of status, inability to work and ineligibility for provincial/territorial health insurance coverage. For this reason, applicants are encouraged to carefully read the guide which provides important information for an applicant to consider before completing this application.

Accordingly, every effort is made to complete the processing of partner and spousal applications as quickly as possible. The sponsor must be assessed against the requirements of sponsorship and the foreign national being sponsored must be assessed against the statutory requirements of being in good health and of good character. In addition, the assessing officer must be satisfied that the applicant is admissible to Canada, and, in the case of spouses and partners, that the relationship is genuine and not entered into for immigration purposes only.

As you may know, inland processing of applications submitted by spouses or common-law partners requires an average of 13 months, from when the complete application is received, for first-stage of approval or “approval in principle”, but can be longer depending on the individual circumstances of each case. When an application for permanent residence is assessed and receives approval in principle, an application for an open work permit can then be processed and applicants may be eligible to apply for provincial/territorial health care.

Our records confirm that your application was received on April 3, 2014 and is actively being processed. Please rest assured that you will be contacted by an immigration officer if additional information is required.

Information about processing times is published and regularly updated on CIC’s website at:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp.

Thank you for writing and expressing your concerns. I trust that this information is of assistance.

Sincerely,

S. Makdessian
Ministerial Enquiries Division

This electronic address is not available for reply.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
missworld13 said:
I want to know if anybody changes their surname to ur husband's surname during ur inland spousal sponsorship. can u do that or should u wait until u get ur PR card and then apply for surname change also does it effect to ur application. what will be the procedure and what will be best time and way to do so
Take a look at this:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1exVjDW_qTVuCdi9Fnd5pKlOSA-XJ82Z4JDUZkUtQrE8/edit#heading=h.xhhxxdxwls1u

missworld13

Star Member
Jun 18, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
02-09-2014 AIP
Med's Done....
03-01-2014
Passport Req..
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
sophieee said:
Take a look at this:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1exVjDW_qTVuCdi9Fnd5pKlOSA-XJ82Z4JDUZkUtQrE8/edit#heading=h.xhhxxdxwls1u
Thank you so much its really help full

michminn

Aug 26, 2014
Nanaimo, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Miss to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2014
AOR Received.
05/12/2014
File Transfer...
05/12/2014
Med's Done....
18/03/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waives/US citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 17/6/2015
LANDED..........
Soon... 25/6/2015 !!!!!!!!!!! Anticipated
azarme09 said:
I totally didn't see but got this email 4 days ago:

CIC - Ministerial Enquiries Division/CIC - Service de renseignements ministériels <Ministerial.Enquiries.Division @ cic.gc.ca>
Sep 12 (4 days ago)

to me
Dear xxxx:

The Office of the Honourable Jason Kenney, Minister of Employment and Social Development and Minister for Multiculturalism, has kindly forwarded to Mr. Chris Alexander, Canada's Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, a copy of your email of August 5, 2014, concerning your application for permanent residence under family sponsorship class. I regret the delay in responding.

Please be assured that Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) reviews all applications objectively and consistently to ensure fair and equitable treatment of all applicants. We assess each application on its own merit against the program requirements.

We realize that those who have submitted their applications look forward to a decision being rendered within a reasonable waiting period after applying. Every effort is made to complete the processing of partner and spousal applications as quickly as possible. We make every effort to deal with the applications we receive in the most efficient and effective way. However, the many steps involved in processing an application, coupled with the volume of applications, sometimes make it difficult to conclude cases in as timely a manner as we would like.

The creation of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class promotes family unity. It allows Canadian citizens and permanent residents to sponsor their spouses or common-law partners who live with them in Canada, for permanent residence. However, Family Class category redesign aimed at faster processing of applications from spouses, common-law partners and dependent children only applies to applicants who are outside Canada. It is always in the client's best interests to apply abroad in the prescribed manner, if possible. There are distinct disadvantages to applying from within Canada, including longer processing times, lack of status, inability to work and ineligibility for provincial/territorial health insurance coverage. For this reason, applicants are encouraged to carefully read the guide which provides important information for an applicant to consider before completing this application.

Accordingly, every effort is made to complete the processing of partner and spousal applications as quickly as possible. The sponsor must be assessed against the requirements of sponsorship and the foreign national being sponsored must be assessed against the statutory requirements of being in good health and of good character. In addition, the assessing officer must be satisfied that the applicant is admissible to Canada, and, in the case of spouses and partners, that the relationship is genuine and not entered into for immigration purposes only.

As you may know, inland processing of applications submitted by spouses or common-law partners requires an average of 13 months, from when the complete application is received, for first-stage of approval or “approval in principle”, but can be longer depending on the individual circumstances of each case. When an application for permanent residence is assessed and receives approval in principle, an application for an open work permit can then be processed and applicants may be eligible to apply for provincial/territorial health care.

Our records confirm that your application was received on April 3, 2014 and is actively being processed. Please rest assured that you will be contacted by an immigration officer if additional information is required.

Information about processing times is published and regularly updated on CIC's website at:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp.

Thank you for writing and expressing your concerns. I trust that this information is of assistance.

Sincerely,

S. Makdessian
Ministerial Enquiries Division

This electronic address is not available for reply.

There are distinct disadvantages to applying from within Canada, including longer processing times, lack of status, inability to work and ineligibility for provincial/territorial health insurance coverage. For this reason, applicants are encouraged to carefully read the guide which provides important information for an applicant to consider before completing this application

In BC, if you are married and have been in Canada for 6mos. or longer you are considered a "Resident", therefore you become eligible to receive BC medical. Per the Medicare Protection Act.

http://www.health.gov.bc.ca/insurance/msp_register.html

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
michminn said:
There are distinct disadvantages to applying from within Canada, including longer processing times, lack of status, inability to work and ineligibility for provincial/territorial health insurance coverage. For this reason, applicants are encouraged to carefully read the guide which provides important information for an applicant to consider before completing this application

In BC, if you are married and have been in Canada for 6mos. or longer you are considered a "Resident", therefore you become eligible to receive BC medical. Per the Medicare Protection Act.

http://www.health.gov.bc.ca/insurance/msp_register.html
In B.C., a person is considered a `Deemed Resident' even if they are not married, so long as they have an application for PR that has been received by CIC.

michminn

Aug 26, 2014
Nanaimo, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Miss to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2014
AOR Received.
05/12/2014
File Transfer...
05/12/2014
Med's Done....
18/03/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waives/US citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 17/6/2015
LANDED..........
Ponga said:
In B.C., a person is considered a `Deemed Resident' even if they are not married, so long as they have an application for PR that has been received by CIC.
;)

I think the "Married" portion applies to my spouses employer, they require a marriage/common law for benefits.

michminn

Aug 26, 2014
Nanaimo, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Miss to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2014
AOR Received.
05/12/2014
File Transfer...
05/12/2014
Med's Done....
18/03/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waives/US citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 17/6/2015
LANDED..........
sophieee said:
Take a look at this:
Thanks for posting this Sophie! ;D

Jabs 77

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-14