+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
sherryl galacgac said:
Would appreciate if u could help me decide what Im going to do.

Im a temporary foreign worker here. My work permit will be expiring on January 7, 2015.My employer will not renew me again because it's hard to get a LMIA from the government.

Me and my boyfriend applied for the family sponsorship under common-law. We are been together for 2 years and we are pretty sure we meet all the qualifications for being a partner. We submitted the application last March 18, 2014 and got an AOR last August 8,2014.

Since the processing times keeps longer and longer what is the best way to have the legal status here? I don't even include an OWP application on my papers.Please help me.TIA
Use this form http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visitor.asp in order to change your status and become a visitor before your current status expires. Explain that you have an Inland spousal sponsorship application in process and they should give you enough time. As soon as you receive AIP, apply for an OWP

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
ROOPsy said:
Hello Everybody

I am sending my Inland application next week. But my Post grad open work permit is expiring in Feb 2015. Should I send my extension application with my spousal application or should I send it later. Will I have to leave my job in february? How many chances are there that I will get extension upto that time?
It's NOT 100% clear if sending an OWP will authorize you to work under implied status if you currently have a PGW, but your only chance for that if you send your OWP app along with your PR app. Just put it in a separate envelop and write at the top of it "please do not process until AIP", or something like that.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sophieee said:
It's 100% clear if sending an OWP will authorize you to work under implied status if you currently have a PGW, but your only chance for that if you send your OWP app along with your PR app. Just put it in a separate envelop and write at the top of it "please do not process until AIP", or something like that.
Actually, it's NOT 100% if an OWP allows a person to continue working with their PGWP. Many people have stated that PGWP cannot not be extended.

bbears

Sep 11, 2014
sophieee said:
It's 100% clear if sending an OWP will authorize you to work under implied status if you currently have a PGW, but your only chance for that if you send your OWP app along with your PR app. Just put it in a separate envelop and write at the top of it "please do not process until AIP", or something like that.

Hi all,
could somebody explain to me and other members of this forum about the changes or updates of forms.
How does it affect our application?

They have received my application last June 20 and received an email last August 8.
I have submitted the Form IMM 0008 (03-2014) and I just saw now that there's a Form IMM 0008 (06-2014) version.
I'm not sure when did they change it, if it was before I have submitted or after.

Will it affect my application?

I would be very grateful if somebody answers me... It would help the other members as well.

Thank you in advance!

missworld13

Star Member
Jun 18, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
02-09-2014 AIP
Med's Done....
03-01-2014
Passport Req..
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
I need some help, I need to send additional family form again... Just wanna know do I and my spouse need to send additional family form separately.

Also my spouse has adopted child so Should I include him in my additional family form and mention adopted son.

Kindly let me know thanks

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Ponga said:
Actually, it's NOT 100% if an OWP allows a person to continue working with their PGWP. Many people have stated that PGWP cannot not be extended.
Yeah, sorry, I missed just the most important word from the sentence...

amjad3126

Star Member
May 20, 2014
I sponsor my spouse along with OWP and she will enjoy the implied status once her study permit expired by the end of September. As her visa expired by the end of this month along with her Alberta health care.
What you people suggest. Is it wise to apply for visitor visa or she also has option to extend her study permit (but less chances to continue the study) to extend alberta health coverage. If any of this visa extension rejected than whats its impact on her sponsorship application with OWP. Any suggestion in this regard highly appreciated.
So my question is can i go for visitor visa or study permit or remain silent and enjoy implied status.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
amjad3126 said:
I sponsor my spouse along with OWP and she will enjoy the implied status once her study permit expired by the end of September. As her visa expired by the end of this month along with her Alberta health care.
What you people suggest. Is it wise to apply for visitor visa or she also has option to extend her study permit (but less chances to continue the study) to extend alberta health coverage. If any of this visa extension rejected than whats its impact on her sponsorship application with OWP. Any suggestion in this regard highly appreciated.
So my question is can i go for visitor visa or study permit or remain silent and enjoy implied status.
Not so sure about the Alberta health coverage. Someone with experience can help you with that. However your spouse has "implied status" as a study visa until the OWP is approved. Once it is approved, only then does her have to quit studying. The OWP does not grant her to do any studying only to work. So she doesn't have to sit still and enjoy her "implied status".

Screech339

ROOPsy

Sep 12, 2014
Hello
I am going to apply inland application next week but my open work permit is going to expire in February 2015. Should I include my application along with the inland spousal pr application or i should wait few more months to send my work permit extension. Will I get extension because I have just got a job of my own field and I dont want to lose it?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
ROOPsy said:
Hello
I am going to apply inland application next week but my open work permit is going to expire in February 2015. Should I include my application along with the inland spousal pr application or i should wait few more months to send my work permit extension. Will I get extension because I have just got a job of my own field and I dont want to lose it?
What kind of an open work permit do you have? IEC or PGWP?

I can't say much about the PGWP but I can tell you for sure, that you won't get "implied status" to continue working under IEC. IEC work permit does not get the benefit of "implied status" on account that it is not renewable or extendable. Once the IEC visa expires, you would have to quit on the last day of work.

As for PGWP, it is still up for debate. It can get "implied status" by bridging PGWP to OWP but that is through CEC PR process. A completely difference process from PR spousal Sponsorship. Because there isn't any clear rules regarding "Implied status" with PGWP, I cannot say 100% that it gets the benefits of "implied status". My opinion is that PGWP does not get the benefit of "implied status" on account that it is also not extendable / renewable much like the IEC work visa. Because there isn't any clear definitive rules of PGWP through PR spousal sponsorship, I reserve my opinion on that subject matter.

Screech339

Julia123

Star Member
Sep 3, 2012
Hello,
I am in Canada ( I am from Germany) and I wonder what is better:
inland or outland common law sponsorship?
If I would apply outland I could travel between the country's but inland not? is that still right?
The time until I would get a decision is about the same? like 17 month?
thanks!
:) ;)

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Julia123 said:
Hello,
I am in Canada ( I am from Germany) and I wonder what is better:
inland or outland common law sponsorship?
If I would apply outland I could travel between the country's but inland not? is that still right?
The time until I would get a decision is about the same? like 17 month?
thanks!
:) ;)
If I were you, I apply outland. Outland applicants tends to get higher priority over inland applicants. Plus it is likely that despite the long outland timeline, you would actually land sooner than 17 months.

If you go with the outland, you can travel between Canada and Germany without any effect on your PR application.

Julia123

Star Member
Sep 3, 2012
thanks!
but with outland I don't get a open work permit? and it could be 17 month with no job no money?

'not sure what to do?'

:( :)

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Julia123 said:
thanks!
but with outland I don't get a open work permit? and it could be 17 month with no job no money?

'not sure what to do?'

:( :)
That is correct. You would not have any option for OWP at all. You would also have to maintain your visitor status in Canada during the outland process as well. What I would suggest you do is contact someone who is maintaining the outland through Austria VO and determine the actual length of PR processing. You can then decide which way to go, inland or outland.

Screech339

shaqhal

Star Member
Dec 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
yes
AOR Received.
yes
Med's Done....
yes
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
missworld13 said:
I had some out of status issue

hell miss world.. I sent a message to your inbox.