09-01-14
Interview........
WAIVED!+AIP 07-01-14
Passport Req..
DM: 28-02-14
LANDED..........
15-05-2014
randhawa_a said:
In quebec after aor applicant apply for csq and after getting csq applicant can apply for work permit?
Hi,
So for Quebec this are the steps.
1. Send your hole package to Mississauga and wait for AOR (Acknowledge of Receipt)
2. Mississauga will send you the AOR together with/or soon after, a letter stating that since you are in Quebec, you will be needing to go to MICC (Ministere de l'Immigration et des Communautes Culturelles) This is the letter that you need to send to Quebec with your package as soon as possible. *If you dont get the csq petition letter, call cic!
3. Send package to Quebec containning all requering documents.
4. Quebec will or will not approuve your CSQ in an average of two months. They will send CSQ by snail mail. They send two copies: One for you (Keep it in a safe place as this will be need to do Quebec gouvernement related stuff ie. health inssurance). The other one says Immigration on the bottom, you can send it back to CIC Mississauga next to a letter containing your UCI and File number. Some people say that Quebec communicates with CIC internally so no need to send this...but i sent it anyway, just to follow the rules.
5. If everything is OK with your file. CIC will send you an AIP letter (approuval in principle) with this letter plus your csq, you can go RAMQ (Quebec health inssurance) and request coverage. After receiving AIP you are also allow to present an application for Open Work Permit. Which will allow you to work while you wait for total PR.
6. In the AIP letter you might be also require to do medicals, fingerprints, background check, in case you havent yet.
*Some people are called for an interview before receiving AIP, in this case your file will move to a local office. This kind of interview normally means that they doubt of your relationship, so be prepare for all kinds of questions and have proofs to fight back.
7. Wait and you might get DM (decision made) process is finish and you just have to wait to "land". For that, your file will be transfer to a local office. Transfer after DM is totally normal.
8. Landing interview is a regular interview that is being held for you to receive your COPR. Is a non-stressful interview that last an average of 15min...and is the last step of PR. (besides waiting for your card on the mail)

There you go, hope this have help you understand the steps for quebec processing. Let me know if you need more help.

Good luck and God bless

atticusfinch

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
15.05.2014 (after 105 days!)
Med's Done....
Sent with app
MaxLet said:
Hi,
1. Send your hole package to Mississauga and wait for AOR (Acknowledge of Receipt)
2. Mississauga will send you a letter stating that since you are in Quebec, you will be needing to go to MICC (Ministere de l'Immigration et des Communautes Culturelles) This is the letter that you need to send to Quebec with your package as soon as possible.
4. Quebec will or will not approuve your CSQ in an average of two months. They will send CSQ by snail mail. They send two copies: One for you (Keep it in a safe place as this will be need to do Quebec gouvernement related stuff ie. health inssurance). The other one says Immigration on the bottom, you can send it back to CIC Mississauga next to a letter containing your UCI and File number. Some people say that Quebec communicates with CIC internally so no need to send this...but i sent it anyway, just to follow the rules.
5. If everything is OK with your file. CIC will send you an AIP letter (approuval in principle) with this letter plus your csq, you can go RAMQ (Quebec health inssurance) and request coverage. After receiving AIP you are also allow to present an application for Open Work Permit. Which will allow you to work while you wait for total PR.
6. In the AIP letter you might be also require to do medicals, fingerprints, background check, in case you havent yet.
*Some people are called for an interview before receiving AIP, in this case your file will move to a local office. This kind of interview normally means that they doubt of your relationship, so be prepare for all kinds of questions and have proofs to fight back.
7. Wait and you might get DM (decision made) process is finish and you just have to wait to "land". For that, your file will be transfer to a local office. Transfer after DM is totally normal.
8. Landing interview is a regular interview that is being held for you to receive your COPR. Is a non-stressful interview that last an average of 15min...and is the last step of PR. (besides waiting for your card on the mail)

There you go, hope this have help you understand the steps for quebec processing. Let me know if you need more help.

Good luck and God bless
Merci!! C'est très utile

randhawa_a

Star Member
Mar 15, 2014
MaxLet said:
Hi,
2. Mississauga will send you a letter stating that since you are in Quebec, you will be needing to go to MICC (Ministere de l'Immigration et des Communautes Culturelles) This is the letter that you need to send to Quebec with your package as soon as possible.

Good luck and God bless
thank you so much.

randhawa_a

Star Member
Mar 15, 2014
MaxLet said:
Hi,

Good luck and God bless
for csq missisuaga office will send me AOR with letter for csq or after AOR.

MaxLet

May 28, 2013
Prevost, Qc
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (Now Montreal)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
Doc's Request.
CIC ask for MICC: 14-03-13
Nomination.....
CSQ: 09-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
Med's Request
07-01-14
Med's Done....
09-01-14
Interview........
WAIVED!+AIP 07-01-14
Passport Req..
DM: 28-02-14
LANDED..........
15-05-2014
atticusfinch said:
Merci!! C'est très utile
Pas de problemes! :) Laisse moi savoir si tu as des questions! :) Bonne chance!

randhawa_a said:
for csq missisuaga office will send me AOR with letter for csq or after AOR.
I tought I was kind of clear with my steps! :S AOR is one letter, and the petition for CSQ in another letter, in my case, both letters arrived the same day. Some others have had them days appart and others had to call to request the CSQ petition letter.
Two different letters, but you have to check that once you received your AOR, the other one comes. If it doesnt, contact the center, and they will mail you one.

Good luck, God bless!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
randhawa_a said:
Can u please send me link for this cic article.
It's not a CIC article. It's IRPR: http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/

The clause that covers will depend upon exactly what you are applying for. If it is a work permit extension, for example, it is R186(u):

186. A foreign national may work in Canada without a work permit
(u) until a decision is made on an application made by them under subsection 201(1), if they have remained in Canada after the expiry of their work permit and they have continued to comply with the conditions set out on the expired work permit, other than the expiry date.
and the timing constraint is in 201(1):

201. (1) A foreign national may apply for the renewal of their work permit if
(a) the application is made before their work permit expires; and
(b) they have complied with all conditions imposed on their entry into Canada.
There is similar language for other types of temporary status as well. This is the regulatory basis of "implied status". CIC just wants you to submit well in advance. They aren't providing you with legal advice and what is written on the CIC website is not binding on CIC (and sometimes wrong as I know from personal experience).

Erzabeth

Feb 18, 2014
With my husband we already sent the application, march 18, and in Canada postal office, they said the mail it was received the march 20, but I already don't have something like a "acknowledgment of receipt", but I think that is because they should be to send that when they start to working with the process, maybe in 8 month.

But my question is if can I apply for a open work permit in the meantime?

Thank you so much for your help!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Erzabeth said:
With my husband we already sent the application, march 18, and in Canada postal office, they said the mail it was received the march 20, but I already don't have something like a "acknowledgment of receipt", but I think that is because they should be to send that when they start to working with the process, maybe in 8 month.

You can apply for an open work permit when your sponsorship application reaches the AIP stage in about 8-11 months.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Erzabeth said:

They send AOR (acknowledgment of receipt) usually after one month they received your application, but you can see from the spreadsheet, that no one got AOR since February 4th, some of us are waiting for it for more than two months.

You can apply for an open work permit before you get AIP, but you have to write on in it something like "Please process after AIP", and explain them that you have an in-Canada spousal sponsorship application. But you can wait until you get AIP, if you apply online, they process is within 13 days.

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
randhawa_a said:
Anyone know whats the reason why they not sensing AOR?
If you're referring to CPC-M, the most likely case is that they are still working on transferring files. It's possible they've changed the procedure, but you'd think then others would be getting AIP/DM out of CPC-M, but this also has not occurred. As far as I can tell, they've made no progress since transferring files.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
automaton82 said:
If you're referring to CPC-M, the most likely case is that they are still working on transferring files. It's possible they've changed the procedure, but you'd think then others would be getting AIP/DM out of CPC-M, but this also has not occurred. As far as I can tell, they've made no progress since transferring files.
It's taken long enough already and I think they are causing more issues because more and more applications are going to be building up and up and the piles are getting bigger...

They need to sort this out ASAP

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
Jamesdavid3 said:
It's taken long enough already and I think they are causing more issues because more and more applications are going to be building up and up and the piles are getting bigger...

They need to sort this out ASAP
I agree, but as with many government entities, until there is sufficient public outcry or a threat to take away funding, they won't do anything.

If you want to change it, write letters to your MP about how they aren't doing anything. Call the CIC office and ask what is going on. Make a fuss. Being patient isn't really the answer, because then they'll just take longer.

crmalone44

Feb 26, 2014
In the any news is good news file, it should be noted that the CIC website says they are
now working on applications received on July 8, 2013 as opposed to June 25 where it was stuck for a while.

Here is to hoping that once they get the transition over with that processing times will pick up.