+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
Fadzi said:
i found this just now from CIC site,

We have over fourty or so air tickets as proof of him coming here constantly, and we have proof of "interdependence" i.e. he has sent me money several time from UK (moneygram) to pay bills for the house etc....
I am afraid if we just get married now, it will def not look legitimiate because we have to explain why none of our family could attend. the rest of his family lives in UK and mine lives in Alberta...I live in ON. :'(
I dont think it should be an issue if you truly want to get married. You do have a daughter together so that's a good reason to be married in some people's eyes. If it's your wedding can you not convince your close family to attend. If his family cannot attend just tell CIC they live in UK and could not make the long trip.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Getting married seems to be their only choice.

I agree that having a child can only help them prove that their relationship is genuine, but...the issue is cohabitation here for Common-Law eligibility, not their genuine love and commitment to each other...and their daughter.

For reasons unknown, they have chosen not to be married up until this point, so perhaps this will be an avenue that they now choose to explore.

Amazingsho

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
TOR
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-2-2014
AOR Received.
4-2-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow !
Hi guys I need some advice on visa issue...

My app was received by CPC-V on Feb 4 and probably being transferred to CPC-M. I am from visa exempt country currently with IEC visa(Working holiday). OWP is going to be send once AOR is given as you know no one is getting it since January. However, My IEC visa is expiring in mid-April and I guess that I need to switch to visitor status thereafter.

My question is that if I need to do anything to stay in Canada legally. I dont think I need to apply for TRV but not sure if I need to inform CIC or go to boarder ??

thanks ;D

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
Amazingsho said:
Hi guys I need some advice on visa issue...

My app was received by CPC-V on Feb 4 and probably being transferred to CPC-M. I am from visa exempt country currently with IEC visa(Working holiday). OWP is going to be send once AOR is given as you know no one is getting it since January. However, My IEC visa is expiring in mid-April and I guess that I need to switch to visitor status thereafter.

My question is that if I need to do anything to stay in Canada legally. I dont think I need to apply for TRV but not sure if I need to inform CIC or go to boarder ??

thanks ;D
Apply for Visitors Visa 30 days prior to the expiry..You can apply online...

Amazingsho

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
TOR
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-2-2014
AOR Received.
4-2-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow !
Carlaganda23 said:
Apply for Visitors Visa 30 days prior to the expiry..You can apply online...
Do you know if people from visa exempt country still need to apply visitor visa ?

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
Amazingsho said:
Do you know if people from visa exempt country still need to apply visitor visa ?
Yes if you want to maintain your legal status. You need visitors visa, if you want to extend your stay here since you have IEC before. To change condition/ extend your stay here, you need TRV...you can go to the border but it will jeopardize your application since you applied Inland. I will advice to apply online.

Tilikun

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Veg--CPC-Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
05-09-2013
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
SA and AIP 27-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 08-01-2015 Landing letter email 12-01-2015
LANDED..........
(On 2nd attempt) 23-01-2015/PRCard received on 09-03-2015
Amazingsho said:
"OWP is going to be send once AOR is given as you know " , this is wrong . OWP gets send after AIP .
You don't need a visitor visa , but you need to extend your stay in canada as a visitor . That's the option you will see when you fill the application .

Amazingsho

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
TOR
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-2-2014
AOR Received.
4-2-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow !
Carlaganda23 said:
Yes if you want to maintain your legal status. You need visitors visa, if you want to extend your stay here since you have IEC before. To change condition/ extend your stay here, you need TRV...you can go to the border but it will jeopardize your application since you applied Inland. I will advice to apply online.
oh ok, I thought visa exempt can allow me to save the money at least... So i still need to apply for an extension eh ?

So you are suggesting that I should apply visitor visa online ?

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
Amazingsho said:
oh ok, I thought visa exempt can allow me to save the money at least... So i still need to apply for an extension eh ?

So you are suggesting that I should apply visitor visa online ?
Do it online...its easy and fast! let them know that you applied your Family Sponsorship and all those kind of things..

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just contacted CIC again to ask about my AOR as its now been around 55 days since I sent off my application and there's still no updates..She kept saying that its normally 7/8 months after you sent off your application....I said it should be around 30 days.

I'm confused though how they have my information on their system.... I have a Client ID number which I guess was on my application and I tell the agent this and it pulls all of my information up...

If they don't know anything about my application and it hasnt been processed yet how do they already have all of my details in their system of my address/date of birth etc???, as I had to ask security questions...

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jamesdavid3 said:
I just contacted CIC again to ask about my AOR as its now been around 55 days since I sent off my application and there's still no updates..She kept saying that its normally 7/8 months after you sent off your application....I said it should be around 30 days.

I'm confused though how they have my information on their system.... I have a Client ID number which I guess was on my application and I tell the agent this and it pulls all of my information up...

If they don't know anything about my application and it hasnt been processed yet how do they already have all of my details in their system of my address/date of birth etc???, as I had to ask security questions...
If your primary reason for wanting AOR is to confirm that your application hasn't been lost, it sounds like you can rest easy. Since they have your personal information, hence the security questions, they must have it...somewhere.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Ponga said:
If your primary reason for wanting AOR is to confirm that your application hasn't been lost, it sounds like you can rest easy. Since they have your personal information, hence the security questions, they must have it...somewhere.
They would already have that from his IEC...

Fadzi

Feb 25, 2014
I read the same document yesterday and out of frustration, I called CIC to get opinions. The first gentleman i talked to told me that we have to do an out of the country application, however, we dont quite qualify for conjugal partners bla bla, he sounded very pessimistic and i asked him if the Gov of Canada will seriously stop this man from being with his daughter because there is no category to define us?! :eek: Then the 2nd guy i talked to told me to do the inland application but write a very clear and honest and strong declaration letter explaining why we couldnt be together since the extremes (civil war etc) dont qualify for us. Mybe i should add, i filed for bankruptcy before and i was discharged in December 2012, CIC wont process applications until you are discharged from a bankruptcy so sponsoring him would not have worked at the time. I can include my bankruptcy discharge letter with the application. And the hubby was also in university in UK until he graduated in November 2012, i can include his degree in there too...
Do you think that will help my case? I was up half the night just depressed about this
:'( :'( :'(

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fadzi said:
I read the same document yesterday and out of frustration, I called CIC to get opinions. The first gentleman i talked to told me that we have to do an out of the country application, however, we dont quite qualify for conjugal partners bla bla, he sounded very pessimistic and i asked him if the Gov of Canada will seriously stop this man from being with his daughter because there is no category to define us?! :eek: Then the 2nd guy i talked to told me to do the inland application but write a very clear and honest and strong declaration letter explaining why we couldnt be together since the extremes (civil war etc) dont qualify for us. Mybe i should add, i filed for bankruptcy before and i was discharged in December 2012, CIC wont process applications until you are discharged from a bankruptcy so sponsoring him would not have worked at the time. I can include my bankruptcy discharge letter with the application. And the hubby was also in university in UK until he graduated in November 2012, i can include his degree in there too...
Do you think that will help my case? I was up half the night just depressed about this
:'( :'( :'(
Is getting married a viable option for you and your partner? I think this is the only way that you can move forward in sponsoring him.

Will it potentially raise a red flag, probably, but you would no longer need to prove the previous cohabitation (that you can't anyway).
The fact that you had previously filed for bankruptcy and could not have sponsored him `then' will be of no interest to CIC. He could have been living with you (or you with him in the UK) during this period of time...which would have given you the 12 months that you NEED but do not HAVE for a common-law application.

Applying Inland, with a long letter of explanation of why you were unable to live together for 12 months which is absolutely critical for a common-law application, sounds like a waste of time to me, but...that's just my opinion.