Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
Toronto, ON
App. Filed.......
Jan.10.2014
LANDED..........
Oct.14.2015
Jamesdavid3 said:
Its been 52 days so far since I have sent my application and not heard anything, no AOR...

I am going to call them at 8am.

How do they send the AOR to you? I have heard its by email or by Mail.. If its via E-mail who should receive it? my GF who is sponsoring me? or me the person who's being sponsored?
Hey James,
I heard the sponsor receives the AOR..

I called at 9 this morning..
The agent was pretty helpful this time. They can't find my file in Vegreville office, and he sent an email to vegreville office for me.. you should call and ask them to locate your file.. if they just say they can't see anything on the system, then ask them to contact CPC-V..
I'm not sure if this relevant to your case, but the agent told me that the whole transferring process (CPC-V to CPC-M) are going to be done by mid March and by then the processing is going to be smoother..

Hope you hear something very soon..

Feb 20, 2014
hwanlj said:
Hey James,

The agent was pretty helpful this time. They can't find my file in Vegreville office, and he sent an email to vegreville office for me.. you should call and ask them to locate your file.. if they just say they can't see anything on the system, then ask them to contact CPC-V..
I'm not sure if this relevant to your case, but the agent told me that the whole transferring process (CPC-V to CPC-M) are going to be done by mid March and by then the processing is going to be smoother..

Thanks for the update. Sounds like you and I are in a very similar position. Mid-march until they start processing it! I hope I/we haven't lost 2 months unnecessarily. I already had to stop working since June 2013... this sucks!

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aussie.in.Montreal said:
Thanks for the update. Sounds like you and I are in a very similar position. Mid-march until they start processing it! I hope I/we haven't lost 2 months unnecessarily. I already had to stop working since June 2013... this sucks!
Should have kept working on Implied status.... that's why I am doing.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jamesdavid3 said:
Its been 52 days so far since I have sent my application and not heard anything, no AOR...

I am going to call them at 8am.

How do they send the AOR to you? I have heard its by email or by Mail.. If its via E-mail who should receive it? my GF who is sponsoring me? or me the person who's being sponsored?
Be careful not to call your `sponsor' your girlfriend in front of CIC. She's your common-law partner...no longer your girlfriend. ;)

She will receive AOR via email...someday.

poppyweise

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Saskatchewan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Haha. Ya. Remember to say PARTNER. They can nail you for anything nowadays. Seeing everyone as a fraud. You are guilty before proving innocent.

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
hwanlj said:
Hey James,

I hope you find out what's going on with this soon! It sucks when it's in 'limbo'. But remember it will all turn out great in the end!

It seems the CPC-M was NOT prepared for the oncoming rush and they've totally dropped the ball. At least, from reading all the forum posts here, that is my impression.

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
nismopinoy said:
Where to send the additional documents needed? CPC-V or CPC-M? We submitted our applucation at CPC-V. Thank you.
Most likely for you CPC-V. You applied long before the website update, and a previous post was indicating they were transferring after Jan 17 (which would make sense).

KaZRa

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
We got our Inland package back with a letter. They wanted the IMM5285 done, which I thought we did, but guess not plus they wanted an additional $155.00 for the OWP and an additional $200.00 to reprocess. They also said not to return the package to Vegreville as they no longer process these and to send to Mississauga. Did the OWP increase in cost??

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
KaZRa said:
We got our Inland package back with a letter. They wanted the IMM5285 done, which I thought we did, but guess not plus they wanted an additional $155.00 for the OWP and an additional $200.00 to reprocess. They also said not to return the package to Vegreville as they no longer process these and to send to Mississauga. Did the OWP increase in cost??
It costs 100 dollars in the website but I think when I asked somebody before it costs around 150$...I havent had open work permit so check it out. How come they will ask you for 200$ reprocess? Thats crazy!

KaZRa

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
I see the OWP is now $155, it went up by 5.00 in Feb. The $200 is a restoration of temporary resident status fee. I already paid $150 for the OWP, but they are still asking for the total $155. I think they are making an error, but will send it anyway.

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
KaZRa said:
I see the OWP is now $155, it went up by 5.00 in Feb. The $200 is a restoration of temporary resident status fee. I already paid $150 for the OWP, but they are still asking for the total $155. I think they are making an error, but will send it anyway.
I think just ordered a receipt from CIC online and pay it in the bank. Put 5$ on top of the OWP that u pay before.

KaZRa

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
My plan was to pay it, include the receipt plus the original receipt with a note attached so they are aware and if they owe me they can reimburse me. I don't want to take the chance of another issue causing another delay.

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
KaZRa said:
My plan was to pay it, include the receipt plus the original receipt with a note attached so they are aware and if they owe me they can reimburse me. I don't want to take the chance of another issue causing another delay.
[/quote

That's good then. I sent my app 2 weeks ago in CPC-M too. Hopefully all our application will be fast...Goodluck to all of us!

tica1008

Star Member
Jun 10, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-18-2014
AOR Received.
08-07-2014
Med's Done....
June 2015 got them redone Police Certificate: Sent with application OWP: Sent with application
Interview........
30-09-2015
LANDED..........
30-09-2015
KaZRa said:
Hi,

The same thing happened to me. Minus the restoration of status as my husband hasnt lost his status yet. Best thing is to apply for a visitor extension that way you never lose status. An immigration lawyer advised us to send the request for the extension along with AOR so that they wont rejects based on the fact that you are awaiting your response for PR.

It sucks thats they sent the application back to you. We sent it in nov 14 2014 and they just sent it back on feb 12 we got it on the 14 of february that was 3 months of wasted time. Now our police record expired and 3 forms have been updated so we had to do them again. W e call CIC about paying the extra 5 bucks. We need a paper recepit from the government thta wuld take weeks to get so we are paying the full 155 again and then request a refund for the old 150 receipt as we wont be using it is just too long to wait fdor the paper recepit for the 5 bucks. CIC will give you a refund after 3 to 8 weeks. We are good waiting for the money.