Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
Toronto, ON
App. Filed.......
Jan.10.2014
LANDED..........
Oct.14.2015
Aussie.in.Montreal said:
I sent in my application to Vegreville on 14th Jan 2014. Received 17th Jan 2014. I just called today CIC call centre (Montreal call centre) as i haven't received a AOR or CSQ and they said they don't send AORs or CSQs until the application is processed, i.e. in about 7 months time. (??). I asked him to transfer me to someone else and bet him they would give me a complete different answer... he declined my offer.

Seems AORs are delayed at the moment...

The call centre agent doesn't even know hat AOR is.. That's the issue.. Mine was received on 14 th, an when I called for the first time, the agent didn't have any idea about AOR.. When I called for second time, this agent KNEW WHAT AOR is, but couldn't locate my file.. So frustrating.. I'm calling again today..

mary63

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2014
LANDED..........
SA, AIP may 19 2015, DM may 25 2015, landing June 2nd 2015
hi everyone,

i was just looking at the 2013 inland spreadsheet and it seems that the number of days from "AIP" to "decision made" is relatively short, for many people it's 0 days. I am a bit confused. i thought that is the step2 that the website says has an 8-month processing time. so what is the step2? i thought in total it will take about 8+8 months, but it seems it takes about 10 months for many applicants. thanks!

Tica08

Feb 20, 2014
Aussie.in.Montreal said:
I sent in my application to Vegreville on 14th Jan 2014. Received 17th Jan 2014. I just called today CIC call centre (Montreal call centre) as i haven't received a AOR or CSQ and they said they don't send AORs or CSQs until the application is processed, i.e. in about 7 months time. (??). I asked him to transfer me to someone else and bet him they would give me a complete different answer... he declined my offer.

when i sent my husband application on nov 14th and i didnt get anything i kept calling CIC they said the same things some agents are not very familiar or maybe they are new. They do send AOR withing 2 motnhs. Until at least 2 months have passed they wont do an investigation. At least thats what they told me.

At the end we did the investigation and they told me my application had been returned. (You can see it on my other profile something happened to it and i cant use it anymore its TICA1008.
They found my application after a cuople of days and told me they qwould be sending it back. But check your email a lot because AOR will only be electronic they wont send it in the paper mail.

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
mary63 said:
hi everyone,

i was just looking at the 2013 inland spreadsheet and it seems that the number of days from "AIP" to "decision made" is relatively short, for many people it's 0 days. I am a bit confused. i thought that is the step2 that the website says has an 8-month processing time. so what is the step2? i thought in total it will take about 8+8 months, but it seems it takes about 10 months for many applicants. thanks!
Well sometimes, it doesnt takes ages for the decision made especially if your application is straightforward and also you submitted your Police Certificate and Medicals. I do believed that in the Step 2 Processing the 8 months duration for Step 8 is just the worst case scenario, when you have dependents that were out of the country and they need medicals...It takes a while for that to process from the home country. But if you are the sponsored person who hasn't got dependents and criminal and medical issues...it is pretty straightforward and they will give you the DM and eventually Landing Date...Goodluck to all of us, praying for the fast processing!

Amazingsho

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
TOR
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-2-2014
AOR Received.
4-2-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow !
hwanlj said:
The call centre agent doesn't even know hat AOR is.. That's the issue.. Mine was received on 14 th, an when I called for the first time, the agent didn't have any idea about AOR.. When I called for second time, this agent KNEW WHAT AOR is, but couldn't locate my file.. So frustrating.. I'm calling again today..

In my opinion all those slacky call operators need to be laid off and rehired from among people in this forum.

I am pretty sure we are the better candidate for the job !

mary63

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2014
LANDED..........
Carlaganda23 said:
Well sometimes, it doesnt takes ages for the decision made especially if your application is straightforward and also you submitted your Police Certificate and Medicals. I do believed that in the Step 2 Processing the 8 months duration for Step 8 is just the worst case scenario, when you have dependents that were out of the country and they need medicals...It takes a while for that to process from the home country. But if you are the sponsored person who hasn't got dependents and criminal and medical issues...it is pretty straightforward and they will give you the DM and eventually Landing Date...Goodluck to all of us, praying for the fast processing!
thanks for explaining this! this is good! i hope the process is fast and smooth for everyone :)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
mary63 said:
hi everyone,

Keep in mind that CIC publishes the time for 80% of applications to be completed. Thus, its possible for any given application to take less OR more than this amount of time.

mary63

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2014
LANDED..........
computergeek said:
Keep in mind that CIC publishes the time for 80% of applications to be completed. Thus, its possible for any given application to take less OR more than this amount of time.
right. i hope cic becomes faster in processing applications. waiting is so difficult... specially for me with a bad experience: i applied as a skilled worker, waited for a year and then was rejected!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
mary63 said:
right. i hope cic becomes faster in processing applications. waiting is so difficult... specially for me with a bad experience: i applied as a skilled worker, waited for a year and then was rejected!
My FSW rejection took 30 months. Spousal (outland) was done in 7 months - from application submission to landing. Each application is different.

atticusfinch

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
15.05.2014 (after 105 days!)
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Aussie.in.Montreal said:

If everything goes back on track (AORS sent around the 30-40 days ago) then those that applied to Mississuaga should start getting them soon.. hopefully. Will be interesting to see if they do yours first (which I would presume) as there's about a week or so between our apps but yours went via Vegreville.

I'm also interested in hearing what they say about our CSQ etc, when they ask us to process, etc as we have a slightly different route than many on this forum being Quebec apps.

I'd say the call centre people are just being inundated with calls/the move has messed them up a bit. I've been lucky to only speak with nice people so far...

atticusfinch

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
15.05.2014 (after 105 days!)
Med's Done....
Sent with app
mary63 said:
i hope the process is fast and smooth for everyone :)
Exactly! I hope so too.. :)

danib

Star Member
Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2013
AOR Received.
09-02-2013
File Transfer...
CSQ - 08-04-2013
Med's Request
13-11-2013
Med's Done....
18-11-2013
Passport Req..
DM - 25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
E-cas update - 28-03-2014
LANDED..........
18-06-2014 Montreal PR Card: 14-08-2014
mary63 said:
hi everyone,

For some reason some people are getting AIP + DM at the same time but others not. I am the one that didn't.
I've paid all the fees upfront, sent all docs and still wiating for DM after got AIP in Nov. 2013.
CIC misteries.....

danib

Star Member
Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2013
AOR Received.
09-02-2013
File Transfer...
CSQ - 08-04-2013
Med's Request
13-11-2013
Med's Done....
18-11-2013
Passport Req..
DM - 25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Carlaganda23 said:
I'm not sure if it is CIC criteria. In my case for example: no dependents, no criminal records, no health problems, any problem with police certificates.
To investigate my past do not take a lot, actually my life is pretty "boring". I've lived all of my life in the same country, worked for more than 10 years at the same place, studied for more than 4 years at the same university.
Maybe...I'd say maybe...the fact I am from south america (brazil) could be a factor to them analyse more my case... or not.
Just to try to compare this situation, I know brazilians that had their process done in less than 10 mounths (stage 1 + stage 2 ), others are waiting more than...

So...I guess CIC is a mysterious place...

Amazingsho

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
TOR
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-2-2014
AOR Received.
4-2-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow !
danib said:
I'm not sure if it is CIC criteria. In my case for example: no dependents, no criminal records, no health problems, any problem with police certificates.
To investigate my past do not take a lot, actually my life is pretty "boring". I've lived all of my life in the same country, worked for more than 10 years at the same place, studied for more than 4 years at the same university.
Maybe...I'd say maybe...the fact I am from south america (brazil) could be a factor to them analyse more my case... or not.
Just to try to compare this situation, I know brazilians that had their process done in less than 10 mounths (stage 1 + stage 2 ), others are waiting more than...

So...I guess CIC is a mysterious place...

or we can say they are just bunch unprofessional slackers ? conspiracy therory believers (they doubt you just for your life is too boring to be true =D) ?
anyway i dont like these peeps

danib

Star Member
Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2013
AOR Received.
09-02-2013
File Transfer...
CSQ - 08-04-2013
Med's Request
13-11-2013
Med's Done....
18-11-2013
Passport Req..
DM - 25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Amazingsho said:
or we can say they are just bunch unprofessional slackers ? conspiracy therory believers (they doubt you just for your life is too boring to be true =D) ?
anyway i dont like these peeps
LOL Indeed Amazingsho!
I guess they don't believe that somebody can have some not very exciting life lol.