Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
01-05-2014
sophieee said:
I'm applying to extend my visitor visa, and I was very surprised when I saw the fees. There was this article on February 4th, which states that the visitor extension will be $25. (It was $75 a few weeks ago.)
http://www.canadavisa.com/news/entry/visitors-to-canada-will-be-automatically-considered-for-multiple-entry-visas-02042014.html
But when I would like to pay it states that the fee is $100!! And I have an option to pay $25, if I already paid $75 earlier.
Could you please check it out, I'm starting to feel crazy...
this is so frustrating the increased fee (everything is increasing!!) and i'm going to extend my visitor visa next week... =..=

tica1008

Star Member
Jun 10, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-18-2014
AOR Received.
08-07-2014
Med's Done....
June 2015 got them redone Police Certificate: Sent with application OWP: Sent with application
Interview........
30-09-2015
LANDED..........
30-09-2015
Hi Everyone congratulations to those who already have finished this rough proccess.

I sent my application on Nov 14 and it was received by CIC V on Nov 15.

For months I wanted for my AOR and nothing I finally decided to call cic and then everybody was giving me not very smart answers finally an agent set up an ivestigation they found the application and told me that there was something wrong and they were going to send it back "when they get around to it" this was in early january.

Finally yesterday I received my full aplication with a letter dated February 12 (funny they sent i via expedited mail, after 3 months!!!!)

The letter says that the form 5285 is old (whioch i swear was not updated yet at the beggining of nov when i printed them all and that we need to send a new one.

I also says that the OWP application fee increades $5 bucks so we need to pay the extra amount.

It asks us to send the application with the corrections to CPC MISSISAUGA as soon as possible and that my husband needs to get a visitor record because he is on IEC and he cannot have Implied status which we knew (BUT ANYONE ELSE ON A WORK PERMIT, VISITOR VISA OR STUDY PERMIT CAN BENEFIT FROM IMPLIED STATUS BECAUSE YOU CAN SEND THE OWP APPLICATION TO CPC M-THE ONLY CHANGE IS THE CPC NOTHING ELSE CHANGED.

I just wanted to light the darkness about the changes recenty made to the application proccess and I wanted to vent. I guess now im a 2014 applicant. Hopefully whoever opens my file next will feel bad for us and expedite the aip at least so that my husband is out of work for the least amount of time his owp expires on May 16th.

Anyways, Have a great day everyone.

I will let you know when we send our application again, for us to be added to your spreadsheet, we are just waiting for his new police records to arrive and to translate and certify them again since they have expired as 3 months have passed and we dont want to risk sending old documnets.

msgoodvibes

Jan 10, 2014
Damn took them 3 months to return the file? For us waiting, that period of time means a lot! I feel for you.
Hang in there. All the best! Thanks fo sharing and have a great day, too! :)

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
tica1008 said:
Hi Everyone congratulations to those who already have finished this rough proccess.

For months I wanted for my AOR and nothing I finally decided to call cic and then everybody was giving me not very smart answers finally an agent set up an ivestigation they found the application and told me that there was something wrong and they were going to send it back "when they get around to it" this was in early january.

Finally yesterday I received my full aplication with a letter dated February 12 (funny they sent i via expedited mail, after 3 months!!!!)

The letter says that the form 5285 is old (whioch i swear was not updated yet at the beggining of nov when i printed them all and that we need to send a new one.

I also says that the OWP application fee increades $5 bucks so we need to pay the extra amount.

It asks us to send the application with the corrections to CPC MISSISAUGA as soon as possible and that my husband needs to get a visitor record because he is on IEC and he cannot have Implied status which we knew (BUT ANYONE ELSE ON A WORK PERMIT, VISITOR VISA OR STUDY PERMIT CAN BENEFIT FROM IMPLIED STATUS BECAUSE YOU CAN SEND THE OWP APPLICATION TO CPC M-THE ONLY CHANGE IS THE CPC NOTHING ELSE CHANGED.

I just wanted to light the darkness about the changes recenty made to the application proccess and I wanted to vent. I guess now im a 2014 applicant. Hopefully whoever opens my file next will feel bad for us and expedite the aip at least so that my husband is out of work for the least amount of time his owp expires on May 16th.

I will let you know when we send our application again, for us to be added to your spreadsheet, we are just waiting for his new police records to arrive and to translate and certify them again since they have expired as 3 months have passed and we dont want to risk sending old documnets.
I feel very bad for you, CIC took away at least tree month from your life :(
I hope after that everything will go smoothly!

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tica1008 said:

Sorry to hear about that Mess but my IEC expired on January 5th and I have been still working since, I did send my OWP permit and PR application in the same file so I am on Implied Status and still working...

tica1008

Star Member
Jun 10, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-18-2014
AOR Received.
08-07-2014
Med's Done....
June 2015 got them redone Police Certificate: Sent with application OWP: Sent with application
Interview........
30-09-2015
LANDED..........
30-09-2015
msgoodvibes said:
Damn took them 3 months to return the file? For us waiting, that period of time means a lot! I feel for you.
Hang in there. All the best! Thanks fo sharing and have a great day, too! :)
Yes, They definitely take their time. I just hope it will go faster after we send it back.

tica1008

Star Member
Jun 10, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-18-2014
AOR Received.
08-07-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
30-09-2015
LANDED..........
30-09-2015
sophieee said:
I feel very bad for you, CIC took away at least tree month from your life :(
I hope after that everything will go smoothly!
I know it feels like forever. Sometimes it feels like CIC wants us to fail. But you gotta keep trying and not lose hope. At least thats what my husband says. :)

tica1008

Star Member
Jun 10, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-18-2014
AOR Received.
08-07-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
30-09-2015
LANDED..........
30-09-2015
Jamesdavid3 said:
Sorry to hear about that Mess but my IEC expired on January 5th and I have been still working since, I did send my OWP permit and PR application in the same file so I am on Implied Status and still working...
Thanks you, I would recommend you contact CIC, since we have look for several avenues for him not to stop working and impled status was not an option at all. On my letter it actually says
"An application to change conditions or extend your stay in Canada must be made prior to the expirirty of your current document or passport stamp."
We went to a lawyer to confirm all of the information the agents told us on the phone and she said that we must send an application for a visitor extension after we get AOR so that the government approves it but before his owp expires. She said IEC is not an extendable or considered implied status as well as the agens from the call centre. I've read of someone that got his application for PR rejected because they continued working. Besides my husbands employer advised they would rehire him as soon as his SIN number is valid again but as of may 16 it will be expired and he cannot continue working for anybody.
At least that the info we have collected. Maybe you could cheqck somewhwere else because by no means I can say I know the right answers.

Best of luck and thanks for the support. I felt very defeated for a while, now I just want to send it back and wait for my AOR.

:)

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
tica1008 said:

I understand your feeling :( . I hope your file will be processed fast.

tica1008

Star Member
Jun 10, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-18-2014
AOR Received.
08-07-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
30-09-2015
LANDED..........
30-09-2015
Thanks. I hope that for me and everyone else.

atticusfinch

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
15.05.2014 (after 105 days!)
Med's Done....
Sent with app
sophieee said:
But still, it's quite strange, that no AOR was received since Febr. 04, for 13 days... I hope they will put themselves together this week.
Has anyone received their AOR over the last 2 weeks???
It's possible that with the Vegreville/Mississauga move they've been delayed again... which sucks.

Amazingsho

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
TOR
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-2-2014
AOR Received.
4-2-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow !
atticusfinch said:
It's possible that with the Vegreville/Mississauga move they've been delayed again... which sucks.
my application(Resubmission due to mistake) was received on FEB 4 @ Vegrevill(following instruction enclosed with my returned application :mad:). However, I had hearing northing since received so I called CIC for confirmation. They did not give me any constructive answer as I expected but they do informed me that all files received up to Feb 13 is “going to or been” transferred to CPC-M.

Feb 20, 2014
atticusfinch said:
I sent in my application to Vegreville on 14th Jan 2014. Received 17th Jan 2014. I just called today CIC call centre (Montreal call centre) as i haven't received a AOR or CSQ and they said they don't send AORs or CSQs until the application is processed, i.e. in about 7 months time. (??). I asked him to transfer me to someone else and bet him they would give me a complete different answer... he declined my offer.

Seems AORs are delayed at the moment...

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
Aussie.in.Montreal said:
I sent in my application to Vegreville on 14th Jan 2014. Received 17th Jan 2014. I just called today CIC call centre (Montreal call centre) as i haven't received a AOR or CSQ and they said they don't send AORs or CSQs until the application is processed, i.e. in about 7 months time. (??). I asked him to transfer me to someone else and bet him they would give me a complete different answer... he declined my offer.

Seems AORs are delayed at the moment...
I think u have to call CIC about your file and ask the and file number of your application. Some people didn't receive AOR till AIP. But some people called CIC and they got their file numbers...

Feb 20, 2014
someone else at CIC call centre now says that all files received after 17th Jan 2014 or have not yet been processed, will be internally transferred to Mississauga office. He has not heard of Mississauga office sending any AOR's yet to anyone. He couldn't say if they were actively processing applications there yet or not. CIC is currently doing the initial processing of files received on 13th Feb (to send out AORs).

they couldn't find my file - so seems it might have been transferred to Mississauga until they get to it....