+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

Fadzi

Feb 25, 2014
You are right. One thing that is for sure right now is to get married and then go on from there; its crazy that we literally dont fall into any of the categories for couples (spouse, common-law or conjugal)!
Another question tho if I may; does getting married trump the 12 month cohabition question? As in, if we are married, do we have to prove the cohibition period anymore or it wont matter?

Fadzi

Feb 25, 2014
Oh yeah, you are right, coz you have to apply for it and all. Do you not get a registration of marriage or something similar though at the end of the ceremony?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Fadzi said:
You are right. One thing that is for sure right now is to get married and then go on from there; its crazy that we literally dont fall into any of the categories for couples (spouse, common-law or conjugal)!
Another question tho if I may; does getting married trump the 12 month cohabition question? As in, if we are married, do we have to prove the cohibition period anymore or it wont matter?
Yes, marriage trumps it.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Fadzi said:
Oh yeah, you are right, coz you have to apply for it and all. Do you not get a registration of marriage or something similar though at the end of the ceremony?
Sorry but I have no idea about that. We got married in the UK for exactly this reason. It was just "so much easier".

tica1008

Star Member
Jun 10, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-18-2014
AOR Received.
08-07-2014
Med's Done....
June 2015 got them redone Police Certificate: Sent with application OWP: Sent with application
Interview........
30-09-2015
LANDED..........
30-09-2015
Amazingsho said:
Hi guys I need some advice on visa issue...

My app was received by CPC-V on Feb 4 and probably being transferred to CPC-M. I am from visa exempt country currently with IEC visa(Working holiday). OWP is going to be send once AOR is given as you know no one is getting it since January. However, My IEC visa is expiring in mid-April and I guess that I need to switch to visitor status thereafter.

My question is that if I need to do anything to stay in Canada legally. I dont think I need to apply for TRV but not sure if I need to inform CIC or go to boarder ??

thanks ;D
You need to extend you stay as a visitor being VISA EXEMPT means you can come and go but when you come in the country they give you a permit (visitor, study, work) and thats what allows you to stay in Canada.

tica1008

Star Member
Jun 10, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-18-2014
AOR Received.
08-07-2014
Med's Done....
June 2015 got them redone Police Certificate: Sent with application OWP: Sent with application
Interview........
30-09-2015
LANDED..........
30-09-2015
Jamesdavid3 said:
I just contacted CIC again to ask about my AOR as its now been around 55 days since I sent off my application and there's still no updates..She kept saying that its normally 7/8 months after you sent off your application....I said it should be around 30 days.

I'm confused though how they have my information on their system.... I have a Client ID number which I guess was on my application and I tell the agent this and it pulls all of my information up...

If they don't know anything about my application and it hasnt been processed yet how do they already have all of my details in their system of my address/date of birth etc???, as I had to ask security questions...
Same thing happened here. Sent it on nov 14 and nothing not a beep for months in and out.....but after 2 months of you sending the app they HAVE to set up an ivestigation they will ask for your recpit (pr paymnet) and for your canada post reference number and then they will set it up. Within a couple of days they will know what happened maybe longer now since they are tranferring files to cpc m but at least with me there was a probelm and after 3 mnths they send it back

Erzabeth

Feb 18, 2014
Hi guys I just now knew about this forum, and I have a big question, I don't know, what happens with this two request

-Appendix A: Request for Police Certificates
-Appendix B: Fingerprints request letter

I mean, I don't know if I have to add or wait after when the CIC need that, please help me, because I just need to know that and all the another documents alredy are full.
Thank you for your time guys

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
Erzabeth said:
Hi guys I just now knew about this forum, and I have a big question, I don't know, what happens with this two request

-Appendix A: Request for Police Certificates
-Appendix B: Fingerprints request letter

I mean, I don't know if I have to add or wait after when the CIC need that, please help me, because I just need to know that and all the another documents alredy are full.
Thank you for your time guys
You can send your application without Police Certificate,although you can send it later if they will give you a file number...Or they will ask you later if stage 1 is already approved.

Erzabeth

Feb 18, 2014
Carlaganda23 said:
You can send your application without Police Certificate,although you can send it later if they will give you a file number...Or they will ask you later if stage 1 is already approved.
Thank you very much

dassine2013

Feb 21, 2014
Hello everybody,

I am sponsored by my husband. I sent my sponsorship application file to CPC-V on January 9th received January 14th, then sent an OWP received January 31th. I called CIC, an agent told me that I should have sent the two applications together at the same time, he added that I have to send a letter to CIC asking them to consider the applications when being processed, he gave me a temporary number file. I sent the letter and it was received yesterday. When calling CIC today they told me that I have to wait 7-8 months to receive the AOR. I thought i could receive it within 30 days after sending the application.

daniellanogli

Jan 13, 2014
Thunder Bay ON - Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2014
AOR Received.
06-08-2014
Med's Done....
21-05-2014
Hi everybody!

This post is just to share with everyone that finally, after several months preparing the application, I finally sent it to the CPC - Mississauga yesterday. I'm positively waiting any positioning of them in the coming months.

Good luck to me and to everyone!

:D

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
daniellanogli said:
Hi everybody!

This post is just to share with everyone that finally, after several months preparing the application, I finally sent it to the CPC - Mississauga yesterday. I'm positively waiting any positioning of them in the coming months.

Good luck and welcome in the waiting game!:)

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
daniellanogli said:
Hi everybody!

Welcome on here! Glad to see such a positive post! Hopefully you will have a smooth and somewhat fast timelime! :)

Tiffyali

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
01-05-2014
hello everyone,

i wonder if anyone is going to apply the visitor visa enxtension on-line recently? Soon will be 6 months for me staying in Canada by 2nd April so I am about to apply the extension now. Things seem so different now compare two years ago - i still remember it was so easy and fast to apply it on line, without those step by step questionaires... :-X

The biggest difference is, i noticed that it seems that i will have to do the medical exam since i need to stay here for over 6 months waiting for my inland app and i am from the country which apply for the medical exam requirement :(

well, i will have no choice but have it done if need anyway. my question is, i didnt' do the upfron medical exam while sent out my inland app this month. If i have to go for a medical exam for my visa extension, can this medical exam to be used for my inland app too?

i truly hope i don't need to do it again :'(

bcarney07

Feb 23, 2014
Hi, I'm new to the forum so I don't know all the terms but I'm sure I'm going to learn them as time goes on. We filed an inland application Spouse Sponsored by mail December 30th along with open ended work permit/extended stay. According to Immigration, "I called" about my work permit; we should have Stage 1 approval July or August and then my work permit will be issued. We have already filed for me to be added to my spouse's medical plan in BC since we had proof of payment for PR and client number etc. I did not have a visa stamp in my passport however so we'll see what happens but it should be approved since I should have implied status. I also applied for a temporary tax number so I can file for my GST and he can claim me on his taxes since I have lived here for the entire year of 2013. BC Services helped us with required forms and even mailed them for us. Hope this information is message worthy....