AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
Tiffyali said:
hello everyone,

i wonder if anyone is going to apply the visitor visa enxtension on-line recently? Soon will be 6 months for me staying in Canada by 2nd April so I am about to apply the extension now. Things seem so different now compare two years ago - i still remember it was so easy and fast to apply it on line, without those step by step questionaires... :-X

The biggest difference is, i noticed that it seems that i will have to do the medical exam since i need to stay here for over 6 months waiting for my inland app and i am from the country which apply for the medical exam requirement :(

well, i will have no choice but have it done if need anyway. my question is, i didnt' do the upfron medical exam while sent out my inland app this month. If i have to go for a medical exam for my visa extension, can this medical exam to be used for my inland app too?

i truly hope i don't need to do it again :'(
yes you can submit your medical for the sponsorship and for your visitor's extension.

hwanlj

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
Toronto, ON
App. Filed.......
Jan.10.2014
LANDED..........
Oct.14.2015
it's gonna be still no AOR after 48 days on Monday since I sent my application..

They can't even tell me where my application is..
Someone at the call centre sent an email to vegreville office, but haven't heard from them yet..

I really wonder why they don't have more organized/responsive way of taking care of applicants' files..
What's really making me frustrated is that there is a chance that they have lost my app or they've sent it back to me but it's lost on the way to my address.. :-(

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
hwanlj said:
it's gonna be still no AOR after 48 days on Monday since I sent my application..

They can't even tell me where my application is..
Someone at the call centre sent an email to vegreville office, but haven't heard from them yet..

I really wonder why they don't have more organized/responsive way of taking care of applicants' files..
What's really making me frustrated is that there is a chance that they have lost my app or they've sent it back to me but it's lost on the way to my address.. :-(
Try to be more positive! No one has received AOR for a month now. I think everybody's application is all right, they just stopped to send AORs. Hopefully they will be finished with the whole transfer in a couple of weeks, and they will start to send AORs again. Once they start work properly in Miss. they will be much faster, you will see!

dassine2013

Feb 21, 2014
I am in the same situation. I mailed my spouse sponsorship application the 14-01-2014 and my OWP 31-01-2014 and didn't receive AOR for both applications, every time I call CIC the agents told me That I have to wait 7-8 months to hear from CIC , and i don't even know if my file will be processed in Vegreville or Missaussauga. Sorry for my bad english, I am a francophone.

hwanlj

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
Toronto, ON
App. Filed.......
Jan.10.2014
LANDED..........
Oct.14.2015
sophieee said:
Try to be more positive! No one has received AOR for a month now. I think everybody's application is all right, they just stopped to send AORs. Hopefully they will be finished with the whole transfer in a couple of weeks, and they will start to send AORs again. Once they start work properly in Miss. they will be much faster, you will see!
I want to be positive, but the agent told me there's a possibility that they have lost it...

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
hwanlj said:
I want to be positive, but the agent told me there's a possibility that they have lost it...
I understand what you are feeling, and it's really frustrating that they can't give you a proper answer for a simple question. But I think we already learned that the people of the call center are not on top of things (and maybe your agent was wrong about that you can get information via email), so I really doubt they lost your file. We have heard a lot of horrible things here, applications sent back after 3 months and so, but I never read anything about lost applications.

qbncouple

Mar 2, 2014
Hello Everyone,

I am new at this forum, so hopefully I will join you all in the waiting game, but we all get our process completed in decent time. I am a Cuban born Canadian Citizen and I am sponsoring my wife who is a Cuban born EU citizen. We got married in the fall in Markham ON. She now has applied for a visa extension since she came here in July to spend the summer with me before the wedding and has legal status until June. We submitted our sponsorship application to the Mississauga office on February 2nd and we are waiting for an AOR. I hear that with the change from CPV to CPM there might be delays.
I am not sure when should I take her to do the medical tests.

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
hwanlj said:
It's worth noting that the latest update on the processing time pages changed from "7/8 months" to "8 months", and stayed at June 25th.

And, as noted in another posted, there hasn't been AOR in about a month for anyone.

I think CIC has stopped processing inland altogether for the last 3-4 weeks, but I'm not sure why. Maybe getting CPC-M up to speed? In any case, they will probably work quickly again soon, as they did in Jan, and catch up afterwards.

Stay positive I'm sure it will all turn out fine!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
qbncouple said:
Hello Everyone,

I am new at this forum, so hopefully I will join you all in the waiting game, but we all get our process completed in decent time. I am a Cuban born Canadian Citizen and I am sponsoring my wife who is a Cuban born EU citizen. We got married in the fall in Markham ON. She now has applied for a visa extension since she came here in July to spend the summer with me before the wedding and has legal status until June. We submitted our sponsorship application to the Mississauga office on February 2nd and we are waiting for an AOR. I hear that with the change from CPV to CPM there might be delays.
I am not sure when should I take her to do the medical tests.
Welcome here, I've added you to the spreadsheet!
You can do the medical anytime, it is good for one year. Since you didn't send it with the app, I would wait at least till you get the AOR.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello :)

got few questions if you can help please

Sponsorship Evaluation - Net personal income for last 12 months
Would one need to calculate it from paychecks from the last 12 months for the "net" amount or will the gross amount work?

Generic Application - Immigration office requested
What's the office for Inland Applications

Mailing the application
I don't see any courier address to mail to in the application form. Only PO box address. Anyone knows where I can courier the application to (so I have a receipt for receiving the package)?

thanks in advance :)

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ARGHH!!

Ok So after around 60 days with no AOR my application was returned to my Lawyer as The Spouse/Common-Law Questionaire IMM5285 (08-2013) was outdated. I think I must have submitted the one before that as my application did take months to finally submit, So my Lawyer didn't check, So I have lost around 2 or 3 months of waiting....... :'( :'( :'(

I have to also submit a Restoration of my Status form

I paid $700 for my Application and Work Permit when I sent my application off which was the correct amount at the time.

They are stating at the bottom of the first page that I have to pay an additional $5.00 for my Work permit as the prices has increased which is understandable.

$200 for my Restoration status and then they said the total amount is $355.00.....Do the math, $5.00+$200 is $205 not $355.......wtf. So I have only paid them $205.

I attached the pages so you can all have a look if needed in case this happens to anyone else.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Jamesdavid3 said:
ARGHH!!

Ok So after around 60 days with no AOR my application was returned to my Lawyer as The Spouse/Common-Law Questionaire IMM5285 (08-2013) was outdated. I think I must have submitted the one before that as my application did take months to finally submit, So my Lawyer didn't check, So I have lost around 2 or 3 months of waiting....... :'( :'( :'(

I paid $700 for my Application and Work Permit when I sent my application off which was the correct amount at the time.

They are stating at the bottom of the first page that I have to pay an additional $5.00 for my Work permit as the prices has increased which is understandable.

$200 for my Restoration status and then they said the total amount is $355.00.....Do the math, $5.00+$200 is $205 not $355.......wtf. So I have only paid them $205.

I attached the pages so you can all have a look if needed in case this happens to anyone else.

Hmmm.. could it be that they are saying that you didn't have "implied status"?

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I should have already had Implied Status as I submitted this application before my old IEC visa expired.

But since Technically they didn't start processing my application because they found 1 form was out of date they didn't start process me, So I guess which is why I had to submit this Restoration status form

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Jamesdavid3 said:
ARGHH!!

I'm so sorry:(
I think you were right paying only $205, they didn't calculate with the $150 you have already paid for the work permit.

sage81

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC V to CPC M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
04-10-2013
Anyone got mail or email about the file transfer?