28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
GustavesF said:
Chris Alexander brags about granting PR to a Skilled Foreign Worker with only a 2 week processing time, then asked by an inland sponsor why the program is a sack of garbage (around 5min mark):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rfpe8ifSTYc

His response is "blah blah blah, I'm a penguin".
There is no evidence that I can see which indicates he is not a penguin.

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
Since today, I can finally log into ECAS! YAY!
It only says Application received, would it say something about issuing the OWP (if they have done that)?

hwanlj

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
Toronto, ON
App. Filed.......
Jan.10.2014
LANDED..........
Oct.14.2015
MaryLou6 said:
Since today, I can finally log into ECAS! YAY!
It only says Application received, would it say something about issuing the OWP (if they have done that)?
No, they don't say anything about OWP...

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
hwanlj said:
No, they don't say anything about OWP...
Thanks hwanlj, +1!

canada1888

May 21, 2015
Hello everyone. i'm new here and i have a few questions"
today (may 20) I receive a latter from immigration ..it says
Dear...........:
This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
Please be advised that your application has been transferred to a Canada Immigration Centre in Halifax for further assessment. The Canada Immigration Centre may contact you for an interview or to seek additional information or clarification. That office will make a final decision on your APR and communicate to you its decision.
Should you need to submit additional information or make any further enquiries regarding your application, you may contact the Canada Immigration Centre in writing as follows:
If you received this communication via email, please note that another copy will not be mailed to you.
IMPORTANT: Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada.
When should I contact CIC? You must also notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:  Change in status in Canada: you must submit a written statement to this office and include evidence to indicate the status in Canada of all persons listed in your Application for Permanent Residence;  Changes in your personal circumstances, including birth or adoption of a child, death of a family member, a marriage or a divorce; If you have a child, you must specify whether or not he/she is to be added to this application. If that child is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, please provide a copy of their document which details his/her status in Canada (i.e. Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, Canadian permanent resident card, etc.).  Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number);  Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual; and/or  Decision to withdraw your application.

I applied feb14, 2014
anyone can help and tell me what is that mean?

Well my marriage is perfect and we live together.BUT last year I have been charged with assault ( I never done any crime but the person who charged me wants me to be kicked out of Canada. so I have a trial date on June 20th ( my lawyer told me the charge will be drop, but everyone knows it has to go through the court.
so do you think the know about my charge?
and would that effects my sponsor application if its drop?

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
canada1888 said:
Dear...........:
This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
Please be advised that your application has been transferred to a Canada Immigration Centre in Halifax for further assessment. The Canada Immigration Centre may contact you for an interview or to seek additional information or clarification. That office will make a final decision on your APR and communicate to you its decision.
Should you need to submit additional information or make any further enquiries regarding your application, you may contact the Canada Immigration Centre in writing as follows:
If you received this communication via email, please note that another copy will not be mailed to you.
IMPORTANT: Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada.
When should I contact CIC? You must also notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:  Change in status in Canada: you must submit a written statement to this office and include evidence to indicate the status in Canada of all persons listed in your Application for Permanent Residence;  Changes in your personal circumstances, including birth or adoption of a child, death of a family member, a marriage or a divorce; If you have a child, you must specify whether or not he/she is to be added to this application. If that child is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, please provide a copy of their document which details his/her status in Canada (i.e. Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, Canadian permanent resident card, etc.).  Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number);  Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual; and/or  Decision to withdraw your application.

I applied feb14, 2014
It sounds like there was a red-flag on your application and they are sending it to another office for a possible interview.

Did you have any of the common red flags, such as a large gap in age, or marrying really fast without really meeting each other, or not really meeting each other's family etc.?

hwanlj

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
Toronto, ON
App. Filed.......
Jan.10.2014
LANDED..........
Oct.14.2015
canada1888 said:
Dear...........:

I applied feb14, 2014

I agree with Automaton82.. I saw someone else's file transferred to local office, and this was usually because they had some issues with the applications..

annakrystyna13

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
omgurnidiot said:
how was my answer NOT helpful? i explained what the letter said, even if it is pretty self explanatory. so yeah, it was SOOOOO unhelpful of me. i should be ashamed of myself for answering. i'll go cry in a corner, is that what you would like? because obvioulsy you are the forum police who dictates what can/can't be said. good thing canada's a free country with free speech!
Your answer was not helpful because obviously there is a hidden message in this letter that you CLEARLY missed... Next time think twice before you say something stupid...

dassine2013

Feb 21, 2014
I'm a January 14th, 2014 applicant. I got an e-mail from CIC today informing me that may PR application process is finalized and that Niagara Falls office will contact me soon.

hwanlj

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
Toronto, ON
App. Filed.......
Jan.10.2014
LANDED..........
Oct.14.2015
dassine2013 said:
I'm a January 14th, 2014 applicant. I got an e-mail from CIC today informing me that may PR application process is finalized and that Niagara Falls office will contact me soon.
Hey, congratulations!! That's great news!

I am on the same timeline with you, but have heard nothing yet.. Hopefully, soon!

Keep us posted :)

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
canada1888 said:
Dear...........:

I applied feb14, 2014
Order your GCMS notes ASAP!
(See the FAQ in my signature if you don't know how)

crystallps

May 21, 2015
Hi everyone!

First time posting here and just wanted some help with a few questions before crossing the border.

US citizen here planning to marry my Canadian fiance. I am leaving the US in a few weeks. Our wedding is in July in Canada. We plan on submitting an inland application, so I will remain in Canada for the duration.

What am I supposed to write on the declarations form when it asks how many days I am staying? I am under the impression that I should put 180 days (6 months) since that is legally the maximum time I can stay without an extension. I also would tell the border guard that I am planning to move to Canada permanently if all the paperwork gets approved. But if something gets denied, my maximum stay will be 6 months.

Is this correct? I was reading up on dual intent and that is what I took from it.

The plan is to get married in July, submit the inland application in August, and 2-3 months later apply for a visitor extension. (Not sure if I should submit that with my inland application?) Do I need to keep renewing my visitor status every 6 months until I receive PR? My other question is how long will it be until I get a provincial health card or health care #? I am moving to Alberta, if that makes a difference.

Thanks for the help and please let me know if I am incorrect about something!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
crystallps said:
Hi everyone!

First time posting here and just wanted some help with a few questions before crossing the border.

US citizen here planning to marry my Canadian fiance. I am leaving the US in a few weeks. Our wedding is in July in Canada. We plan on submitting an inland application, so I will remain in Canada for the duration.

What am I supposed to write on the declarations form when it asks how many days I am staying? I am under the impression that I should put 180 days (6 months) since that is legally the maximum time I can stay without an extension. I also would tell the border guard that I am planning to move to Canada permanently if all the paperwork gets approved. But if something gets denied, my maximum stay will be 6 months.

Is this correct? I was reading up on dual intent and that is what I took from it.

The plan is to get married in July, submit the inland application in August, and 2-3 months later apply for a visitor extension. (Not sure if I should submit that with my inland application?) Do I need to keep renewing my visitor status every 6 months until I receive PR? My other question is how long will it be until I get a provincial health card or health care #? I am moving to Alberta, if that makes a difference.

Thanks for the help and please let me know if I am incorrect about something!
Why are you planning to submit an INLAND application?

Are you aware that you can in fact submit an Outland application from within Canada? This will be substantially faster for you!

Seriously consider/research the Outland application option.

crystallps

May 21, 2015
Ponga said:
Why are you planning to submit an INLAND application?

Are you aware that you can in fact submit an Outland application from within Canada? This will be substantially faster for you!

Seriously consider/research the Outland application option.
Because of the OWP. We understand all the risks associated with inland vs outland. I am 100% comfortable staying in Canada for 2-3+ years until the full application is approved. We are tired of being apart, traveling back and forth, and the pilot OWP program was really the deciding factor.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
crystallps said:
Because of the OWP. We understand all the risks associated with inland vs outland. I am 100% comfortable staying in Canada for 2-3+ years until the full application is approved. We are tired of being apart, traveling back and forth, and the pilot OWP program was really the deciding factor.
Fair enough.

If CIC receives the OWP with the Inland application prior to your visitor status expiring, you will be covered under implied status for the duration of the process; no need to apply to extend your visitor status.

Good luck!