Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
automaton82 said:
If you applied for the OWP with your application, you have the possibility to get it before AIP under the pilot program. There's a thread somewhere tracking that.
Otherwise it should come after AIP at some point.

For OHIP, previously you were able to get it with a type 27 OWP and nothing more, but now I believe they are asking that you also have a full time job and I also there's a 3 month delay, where it won't start for 3 months after they approve you for it.
According to the Ministry of Health Ontario the requirement of a "full time job" only exists if it's not a Type 27. Type 27 was created so that you could get health care, because it basically says that you are applying for PR, and that's why you have the Work Permit. The "full time job" requirement is only for people who are in Canada *under* a Work Permit, or "As a Foreign Worker".

So, if you are in-fact a foreign worker, you can apply for health care.

If you just have a Type 27 OWP, it gives you eligibility to apply for a burger at Wendy's (as long as you enclose the appropriate fees).

If you're actually going to be getting AIP sometime soon, don't bother applying for OWP under the Pilot Program as you'll actually be eligible for Health Care and a real Work Permit with AIP, but the pilot just gets you half of what you want.

Tiffyali

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
01-05-2014
Carlaganda23 said:
Hi tiffyali,

Let me know if you hear anything. Mine says application received on Feb. 14,2014. We should hear from them this week.
For sure carlaganda23! mine is exactly the same like yours! fingers crossed and let's keep in touch!!

Bonnella

Jan 27, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 May 2014
AOR Received.
8 August 2014
Med's Done....
With Application
automaton82 said:
If you applied for the OWP with your application, you have the possibility to get it before AIP under the pilot program. There's a thread somewhere tracking that.
Otherwise it should come after AIP at some point.

For OHIP, previously you were able to get it with a type 27 OWP and nothing more, but now I believe they are asking that you also have a full time job and I also there's a 3 month delay, where it won't start for 3 months after they approve you for it.
Thank you for the response! I do not qualify for the pilot program because I was 11 days out of status and didn't realize it so we didn't renew because we thought that implied status counts as well! Anyways... So if I understand correctly you do get your own as soon as AIP is confirmed? I'm not familiar with a type 27 owp? What is that?

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
GustavesF said:
According to the Ministry of Health Ontario the requirement of a "full time job" only exists if it's not a Type 27. Type 27 was created so that you could get health care, because it basically says that you are applying for PR, and that's why you have the Work Permit. The "full time job" requirement is only for people who are in Canada *under* a Work Permit, or "As a Foreign Worker".

So, if you are in-fact a foreign worker, you can apply for health care.

If you just have a Type 27 OWP, it gives you eligibility to apply for a burger at Wendy's (as long as you enclose the appropriate fees).

If you're actually going to be getting AIP sometime soon, don't bother applying for OWP under the Pilot Program as you'll actually be eligible for Health Care and a real Work Permit with AIP, but the pilot just gets you half of what you want.
According to posts from those who recently attempted to get OHIP with an OWP type 27 with an inland PR application, they were denied and the reason given was that CIC changed the rules in March of this year and sent a notice to Service Ontario that they are to now require a full time job for type 27 as well.

I believe those posts were in the OWP thread, but I can't remember 100%.

If anyone is able to now get OHIP with an OWP and no job, let us know, but this appears to no longer be allowed.

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
LANDED..........
Bonnella said:
Thank you for the response! I do not qualify for the pilot program because I was 11 days out of status and didn't realize it so we didn't renew because we thought that implied status counts as well! Anyways... So if I understand correctly you do get your own as soon as AIP is confirmed? I'm not familiar with a type 27 owp? What is that?
Yes once you get AIP they should begin to process your OWP. Type 27 is the code they put on OWP that is given for an inland sponsorship, it's a special type that lets people know it's for a PR application.

If you apply for OHIP after AIP, I do not believe you will have an issue. There are a few threads talking about it, such as this one:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ohip-after-first-stage-approval-aip-anyone-applied-t98440.0.html

It should be noted that some Service Ontario locations do not know how to handle OHIP applications when it's under these "unusual" (they are not unusual) circumstances, and you will have to go to a location that is capable of actually doing their job. One such location is the one in Aurora at bloomington and yonge.

Bonnella

Jan 27, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 May 2014
AOR Received.
8 August 2014
Med's Done....
With Application
automaton82 said:
Yes once you get AIP they should begin to process your OWP. Type 27 is the code they put on OWP that is given for an inland sponsorship, it's a special type that lets people know it's for a PR application.

If you apply for OHIP after AIP, I do not believe you will have an issue. There are a few threads talking about it, such as this one:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ohip-after-first-stage-approval-aip-anyone-applied-t98440.0.html

It should be noted that some Service Ontario locations do not know how to handle OHIP applications when it's under these "unusual" (they are not unusual) circumstances, and you will have to go to a location that is capable of actually doing their job. One such location is the one in Aurora at bloomington and yonge.
Super!!! Thank you!!

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
Tiffyali said:
For sure carlaganda23! mine is exactly the same like yours! fingers crossed and let's keep in touch!!
Let me know, hopefully tomorrow or before the weekend. :)

PTJ

Jun 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
automaton82 said:

...but if under the remarks/observations they wrote:
" APPLICATION FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE HAS RECEIVED FIRST STAGE APPROVAL" could that count as advantage to get OHIP?

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
PTJ said:
...but if under the remarks/observations they wrote:
" APPLICATION FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE HAS RECEIVED FIRST STAGE APPROVAL" could that count as advantage to get OHIP?
OWP after AIP are entitled to get an OHIP. Goodluck!

VN

May 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2015
hi guys,

Im thinking about applying inland soon for my wife and was wondering if some of the lucky ones to have got their applications approved can share their timelines? So I know what stage is taking how long?

Diarraye

Jul 22, 2014
Hi i have Inland application in process i already get my AI approve my application has been transferred to Calgary location for review but my wife and i have some dispute she get mad at me and withdraw the sponsorship 2 days after she regret and call the call center ask for reverse the withdrawal they is possible but me and don't believe for my approval for my permanent residency anymore can somebody share his story with me ty

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Chris Alexander brags about granting PR to a Skilled Foreign Worker with only a 2 week processing time, then asked by an inland sponsor why the program is a sack of garbage (around 5min mark):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rfpe8ifSTYc

His response is "blah blah blah, I'm a penguin".

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
LANDED..........
VN said:
hi guys,

Im thinking about applying inland soon for my wife and was wondering if some of the lucky ones to have got their applications approved can share their timelines? So I know what stage is taking how long?
You can check the spreadsheet in my signature. Right now January and a few February 2014 applicants are receiving AIP/DM, so ~14-15 months.

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
LANDED..........
Diarraye said:
Hi i have Inland application in process i already get my AI approve my application has been transferred to Calgary location for review but my wife and i have some dispute she get mad at me and withdraw the sponsorship 2 days after she regret and call the call center ask for reverse the withdrawal they is possible but me and don't believe for my approval for my permanent residency anymore can somebody share his story with me ty
If a simple fight results in your spouse withdrawing her sponsorship for you then perhaps it's not a good idea for her to sponsor you at all? If you don't have kids and have been married less than 2 years, then there is a condition on your PR once you get it where you must stay in a conjugal relationship for 2 years otherwise they will revoke it. Is she really willing to spend that amount of time?

It sounds like your application was already flagged (you mentioned it was transferred for a review), and I'm guessing this will only make it harder to get approval, since the CIC will assume you two may not be in it for the "long haul."