INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

montorq

Jan 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am Quebec applicant, and have applied for OWP under pilot program recently. Till now, i just have received the AOR on August 7th.
Has anyone who has applied from Quebec, got the OWP under pilot program? Can anyone let me know if we are still required to obtain the CSQ?

If so, could you please answer the below questions:
1. Before the OWP was received, did you also get a letter to obtain the CSQ from MICC?
2. Or After you got the OWP, did you get the instructions to obtain the CSQ?

Appreciate your help!

marlene250

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
Doc's Request.
11-12-2014
AOR Received.
19-09-2013
Med's Done....
16-08-2013
LANDED..........
17-03-2015
montorq said:
I am Quebec applicant, and have applied for OWP under pilot program recently. Till now, i just have received the AOR on August 7th.
Has anyone who has applied from Quebec, got the OWP under pilot program? Can anyone let me know if we are still required to obtain the CSQ?

If so, could you please answer the below questions:
1. Before the OWP was received, did you also get a letter to obtain the CSQ from MICC?
2. Or After you got the OWP, did you get the instructions to obtain the CSQ?

Appreciate your help!
Hy, I'm from Quebec and I've received a letter from CIC requesting for CQS soon after AOR but that was when our file was still in Vegreville.
I think I saw on this forum people who received the letter for obtaining CQS after SA I think, not sure though ...
The thing has changed since Missisauga so, maybe someone who get their CSQ more recently will answer

Anyway, the OWP under pilot program is conditioned by the AOR and implied status and it has no connection with CSQ.

For Quebec it is necessary to obtain CSQ. I gues that the question remains when or at at what point in the processing will be requested.

Sure is that in order to apply for RAMQ one thing that you will need is CSQ

T_dot_O

Jan 10, 2015
Ponga said:
Since a PGWP cannot be extended, the majority of responses here to this same question, have indicated that a person that continues to work would be doing so illegally. The OWP (when submitted with an Inland application) would still give the applicant implied status to remain in Canada, but not to continue to work.

2. Yes. If AIP is not reached the OWP issued under the new pilot program would be null and void. For this reason, the OWP under this program has something like `Pending FC approval', or similar on the document.

3. Sorry, I'm not in Ontario and cannot answer that question for you.

Good luck!
Hi Pongo,

Thank you for the response.

Planning on approaching an Immigration lawyer concerning this as I find it quite confusing and frustrating how this grey area still exists in such a common application method such as ours. What makes it worst is that due diligence was made on our part by contacting two different CIC officers to confirm that we could continue to work under implied status specifically making reference to our PGWP. Both responses were "Yes, this is allowed". If this is not the case, then this is obviously a big problem.

If it does turn out that she was not authorized to work under implied status, are you aware of what the proper method would be to rectify the situation? Would this be grounds for CBSA to issue an exclusion order and thus allowing one to appeal to the Immigration Division ID to represent their case?

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
T_dot_O said:
Hi Pongo,

Thank you for the response.

Planning on approaching an Immigration lawyer concerning this as I find it quite confusing and frustrating how this grey area still exists in such a common application method such as ours. What makes it worst is that due diligence was made on our part by contacting two different CIC officers to confirm that we could continue to work under implied status specifically making reference to our PGWP. Both responses were "Yes, this is allowed". If this is not the case, then this is obviously a big problem.

If it does turn out that she was not authorized to work under implied status, are you aware of what the proper method would be to rectify the situation? Would this be grounds for CBSA to issue an exclusion order and thus allowing one to appeal to the Immigration Division ID to represent their case?
Honestly... As i said before... Its true PGWP can not be extended...although.. as confirmed to me by cic officers, implied status does not qualify as 'extending'

So many people on here have been told numerous times by different cic officers that pgwp is covered under implied status.... Is there ONE freakin story of a pgwp holder getting in trouble for working illegally ?? Not one as far as i can see

The immigration lawyer i spoke with in June told me pgwp is covered under implied status...

Just my .02

I guess if Tdots applicant gets Aip and Dm it will put this tired debate to rest

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bankerguy said:
Honestly... As i said before... Its true PGWP can not be extended...although.. as confirmed to me by cic officers, implied status does not qualify as 'extending'

So many people on here have been told numerous times by different cic officers that pgwp is covered under implied status.... Is there ONE freakin story of a pgwp holder getting in trouble for working illegally ?? Not one as far as i can see

The immigration lawyer i spoke with in June told me pgwp is covered under implied status...

Just my .02

I guess if Tdots applicant gets Aip and Dm it will put this tired debate to rest
So why did your partner quit her job before getting the OWP? Because you were SCARED that if she kept working she would be in trouble, right?!

I am one of those that felt you/she did the right thing, because this whole PGWP issue is sooooo complicated. It's better to be safe than sorry, IMHO.

The fact that T_dot_O's partner has already received her OWP from the pilot program, would seem to make the issue moot.

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
Ponga said:
So why did your partner quit her job before getting the OWP? Because you were SCARED that if she kept working she would be in trouble, right?!

I am one of those that felt you/she did the right thing, because this whole PGWP issue is sooooo complicated. It's better to be safe than sorry, IMHO.

The fact that T_dot_O's partner has already received her OWP from the pilot program, would seem to make the issue moot.
Yup... but our decision was relative to our situation. We looked at our budget..My salary could cover our expenses.... cell rent spending money food insurance
etc...also, my partners manager promised us that she would give her a job as soon as the OWP went through...

if i couldn't support us, or if she wouldn't have a job to return to, then she WOULD have kept working...

I just think its crazy how everyone is so scared about PGWP not being covered under implied status when we have not seen ONE person on these forums say "i didnt get AIP/DM because i worked after my pgwp expired thinking i was covered under implied status from the OWP i attached to my app"

You're right about the point maybe being moot considering TdotO got the OWP... But yea..Anyways, I'm 99% confident that Tdot will be fine... he/she will be the shining example i use on here in the future when people ask about this topic

ATr

Oct 30, 2014
JohnnyP said:
My wife finally got the OWP!!!!! It's not AIP but we are still very happy!!! After 17 months, finally...

FYI, CIC said they approved and issued the OWP on Jan 5th and we received it today. We live in Victoria, BC.
Congrats JohnnyP.

Guys am wondering if we can study on behalf of AIP and OWP as a regular student? Do we hv to pay international student fee or local regular fee? Any idea ??

lighty_j

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Sep-2014
AOR Received.
20-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
25-08-2015
Interview........
SA: 27-10-2015
Passport Req..
AIP: 17-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 17-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-02-2016
ATr said:
Congrats JohnnyP.

Guys am wondering if we can study on behalf of AIP and OWP as a regular student? Do we hv to pay international student fee or local regular fee? Any idea ??
In many universities you can pay domestic tuition even before AIP, upon AOR if you are a dependent of Canadian citizen (spouse). You should check specific school for its requirements.

ATr

Oct 30, 2014
lighty_j said:
In many universities you can pay domestic tuition even before AIP, upon AOR if you are a dependent of Canadian citizen (spouse). You should check specific school for its requirements.
So good to hear. Can you tell me any university or college in Toronto? Have you experienced it yourself or seen anyone studying on local fee?

ottawahd

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lighty_j said:
In Ontario, spouse of citizen pays domestic tuition fee even without an application for immigration. That is true for any Ontario university. We have done it and I talked to the ministry myself on this.
If you need some help just let me know.

ottawahd

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ATr said:
So good to hear. Can you tell me any university or college in Toronto? Have you experienced it yourself or seen anyone studying on local fee?
Hi, This is what I earlier posted in 2014 forum. It includes both the health insurance and tuition fee. You may skip item 2 that talks about UHIP. Item 3 is what you want.

1) I shall be glad if I can help you with this. It is important that we share our experiences that benefit the rest.
2) If you enter a university (not sure about colleges) in Ontario other than the university of Windsor and not covered by OHIP, you are obliged to be covered by UHIP, basically a private negotiated group plan that has exactly the same coverage as OHIP with a reasonable rate of about $55 per month. visit uhip.ca for more details. please note it is mandatory (which I think is a very good idea).
3) You can find the information about the domestic tuition fee on the Ontario ministry of education website. The responsible person for the issue is Ms Itan Farrokhyar. I have talked to her on the phone and she told me if the university does not help you with the domestic fee, let me know and she would call the university to resolve the issue. However, the university of Carleton already had a form for this situation (married to PR or Canadian) and we did not need to go back to Ms Farrokhyar.
4) All the information you need is on (Google it, I cannot post a link)
"THE ONTARIO OPERATING FUNDS DISTRIBUTION MANUAL"
with the latest version as of October 2009.
4.1) Go to section 1.1.7 for the definition of dependent.
4.2) Go to section 4.1.3 for the definition of who can pay domestic fee (basically exempted from the international fee). for your convenience I am copying it here.
"
An international student is eligible to be counted for operating grant purposes if that student falls within any
of the following categories:
a) A person who is the dependent (see Section 1.1.7 for definition) of a Canadian citizen or
permanent resident of Canada.
"

4.3) In the last page of the document above, you can find the contact information for Ms Itan Farrokhyar. But believe me you will not need to talk to her. The graduate affairs and undergraduate affairs of your university should only act based on this manual.

5) If the above text is a bit confusing, you can decipher it by the text in section 5.1.4.

Please do not hesitate to ask if you need more info.

ATr

Oct 30, 2014
ottawahd said:
Hi, This is what I earlier posted in 2014 forum. It includes both the health insurance and tuition fee. You may skip item 2 that talks about UHIP. Item 3 is what you want.

1) I shall be glad if I can help you with this. It is important that we share our experiences that benefit the rest.
2) If you enter a university (not sure about colleges) in Ontario other than the university of Windsor and not covered by OHIP, you are obliged to be covered by UHIP, basically a private negotiated group plan that has exactly the same coverage as OHIP with a reasonable rate of about $55 per month. visit uhip.ca for more details. please note it is mandatory (which I think is a very good idea).
3) You can find the information about the domestic tuition fee on the Ontario ministry of education website. The responsible person for the issue is Ms Itan Farrokhyar. I have talked to her on the phone and she told me if the university does not help you with the domestic fee, let me know and she would call the university to resolve the issue. However, the university of Carleton already had a form for this situation (married to PR or Canadian) and we did not need to go back to Ms Farrokhyar.
4) All the information you need is on (Google it, I cannot post a link)
"THE ONTARIO OPERATING FUNDS DISTRIBUTION MANUAL"
with the latest version as of October 2009.
4.1) Go to section 1.1.7 for the definition of dependent.
4.2) Go to section 4.1.3 for the definition of who can pay domestic fee (basically exempted from the international fee). for your convenience I am copying it here.
"
An international student is eligible to be counted for operating grant purposes if that student falls within any
of the following categories:
a) A person who is the dependent (see Section 1.1.7 for definition) of a Canadian citizen or
permanent resident of Canada.
"

4.3) In the last page of the document above, you can find the contact information for Ms Itan Farrokhyar. But believe me you will not need to talk to her. The graduate affairs and undergraduate affairs of your university should only act based on this manual.

5) If the above text is a bit confusing, you can decipher it by the text in section 5.1.4.

Please do not hesitate to ask if you need more info.

Thankyou so much. God bless you. I have wasted my a year and half just to have AIP so I can study. Had I known it then,things would hv been different. But it's never too late.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bankerguy said:
Yup... but our decision was relative to our situation. We looked at our budget..My salary could cover our expenses.... cell rent spending money food insurance
etc...also, my partners manager promised us that she would give her a job as soon as the OWP went through...

if i couldn't support us, or if she wouldn't have a job to return to, then she WOULD have kept working...

I just think its crazy how everyone is so scared about PGWP not being covered under implied status when we have not seen ONE person on these forums say "i didnt get AIP/DM because i worked after my pgwp expired thinking i was covered under implied status from the OWP i attached to my app"

You're right about the point maybe being moot considering TdotO got the OWP... But yea..Anyways, I'm 99% confident that Tdot will be fine... he/she will be the shining example i use on here in the future when people ask about this topic
But...don't you see that there really is no connection between a person that has an expired PGWP, that continued to work because of implied status, and those that are getting OWP under the pilot program being seen as having NOT worked illegally? Chances are that CIC doesn't know that the person continued to work , or they don't even make the connection between the expired PGWP and the new OWP.

Personally, I would still refrain from telling anyone in this situation that it's ok to continue to work before receiving the new OWP, but...that's just me I guess.

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
Ponga said:
But...don't you see that there really is no connection between a person that has an expired PGWP, that continued to work because of implied status, and those that are getting OWP under the pilot program being seen as having NOT worked illegally? Chances are that CIC doesn't know that the person continued to work , or they don't even make the connection between the expired PGWP and the new OWP.

Personally, I would still refrain from telling anyone in this situation that it's ok to continue to work before receiving the new OWP, but...that's just me I guess.
Agreed. I remember a case i have read before. This woman was waiting for her AINP and it was taking a very long time than normal. I dont know if she had implied status whatsoever, definitely not on pgwp, but the point is she was almost approved on the ainp program then cic found out or told in the interview that she worked even without the ainp yet and not covered by any work permit, implied or not, she was denied.
It may not be the same case about being on pgwp or implied, the point is if somebody works illegally and cic finds out even just before landing, there is a risk in the denial of residency.