Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
To those who have rec’d OWP…..does anything show in your eCAS when the OWP is issued??

Lisan

Jun 2, 2014
Raphael01 said:
Hi to everyone,
am new to this but have a question need help really bad. I came to Canada 5 years ago( 2009) to visit and to see my wife give birth to our son she was here before me after a year (2010) we had problems so we separate she in Cambridge Ontario I move to Montreal .In 2012 I meet my present girl friend he have a baby girl and we have live together from 2012 to present she is sponsoring me my ex (wife) and I don't get along and I don't have the money to get a divorce cause we have a kid together and I don't have the money to settle my divorce right now, my girl friend take care of me and don't really want her to pay for my divorce she has done a lot for me and I feel as a man I should be doing that for her, my sponsor application was sent in June 2014.

MY QUESTION IS. Will it be a problem for me with immigration seeing that am still married and my girlfriend is sponsoring me?
Hi Raphael,

I do not think these can be a problem if you support your application well enough. You did not provide much details about which documents you sent along with your application neither under what terms you applied, but I hope you did it under common -law relation and that you also included the following:

-Proof that you live with your girlfriend for more than 1 year
-A affidavit where you stated than you do no longer live with your wife since 2010
-Proof that your relationship is legit, having a daughter could not be enough for them these days.

If you did not send much then play safe and start collecting even more proof in case they ask (they some times do ask for more). This could be family pictures, also pictures of you two with friends and other family members (this will show to them you both present in public together as a family; you can also keep flight tickets, hotel reservations or anything in writing that shows both of you on it. Post pictures on Facebook so your friends and family comment (this can be printed and sent to them too), Christmas, birthday cards sent to each other and so on.

We have seen in the past that even married couple get ask for more proof of their relation, so start collecting more proof in the case this happen.
Good luck Raphael, you have a good chance to be PR :)

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
Raphael01 said:
Thanks for your Reply guys ..Am feeling it's a problem for me as well but I have come to far to fail now..
http://imgur.com/dXxR3LD

Maxician

Star Member
Nov 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-13
AOR Received.
23-03-13
ACS said:
To those who have rec'd OWP.....does anything show in your eCAS when the OWP is issued??
I have OWP and my eCas shows only this:

1. We received your application for permanent residence on March **, 2013.

2. We started processing your application on January **, 2014.

it's my 21th month and no news, no updates, no DM yet... :mad:

Lisan

Jun 2, 2014
ACS said:
To those who have rec'd OWP.....does anything show in your eCAS when the OWP is issued??
No, eCAS did not show this for us. We got owp one week after we received AIP.

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Lisan said:
No, eCAS did not show this for us. We got owp one week after we received AIP.
Thanks Maxican and Lisan.

In our case, we still don't REALLY know if we have AIP or not....

I got Sponsorship Approval on Nov.6th. My husband (applicant) STILL hasn't received the actual AIP email yet.

Although our eCAS now shows his side as IN PROGRESS and "We started processing **huband's** application on November 17, 2014."

But we are both DYING for him to get his OWP!!! Literally we are going to soon not be able to make rent we are so behind in other payments, if he doesn't soon get something... :( The last time I spoke to CIC she said there is a communication for him which hasn't yet been sent, but she didn't say what it was...and that they have until Dec.4th to send it.....so ANXIOUSLY waiting for Dec.4th....

Just NEEEEED that OWP....omg.... :eek: ??? ??? :(

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
I don't remember who it was asking about the issue with their spouse's ex wife refusing to provide medicals for the children, but here is the information on children where the other parent has full custody:

http://imgur.com/Sx29ZEP

gfdvca

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Alurra71 said:
I personally dislike these comparison charts. They don't show PROPER steps. For instance the US:

20 weeks only takes into consideration the time it takes for the sponsor to file the petition. Once the petition is 'APPROVED' (this is NOT the PR) it is then forwarded on to NVC where it is then assigned a priority date and when your priority date meets the qualifying date they will THEN send you instructions on how to file for your DS-261 and various other fees and paperwork.

BTW, that cost and the 20 weeks is ONLY what essentially boils down to homeland security running their own checks to determine that yes, it's OK for you to file paperwork. So they run the security check backward to Canada. 5 months for just the security check that will either allow you to file paperwork at a later date determined by the NVO. There WILL be more costs. MANY more costs ...

Form I-130 = $420 (You pay this just to see whether your spouse qualifies to be sponsored - security check)

Affidavit of Support = $120 (You MUST meet the income guidelines in order to sponsor your spouse. You MUST do this from INSIDE the US you can not petition from outside the US) *On a side note, that income guideline is 125% of the poverty level for your size household. For 2014, for just YOU and your SPOUSE you MUST make $19,662 per annum. Not a difficult amount to acheive; BUT if your spouse has children or if you have children from another marriage? Just go ahead and add on another $5075 per year per person.

Immigrant visa processing fee = $325

After these fees, and with your MANDATORY online filing of form DS-260 / DS-261 you WILL be invited to attend an interview to determine your 'couple' status. Be ready for this interview. It won't be simple and easy like here in Canada.

Now, you've passed all these hoops, and added all the paperworks and such. They are pretty much the same on either side of the border. Medical/Health, PCC, birth certificates and passports, the standard documentations we all know what they are ... So what's next?

You've been given the opportunity to now file to register as a permanent resident of the good old US of A! HOORAY, but wait, there's more ...

Now you need:

Form I-485 = $1070, assuming you are between the ages of 14 and 78. If you have children, and they are 14 or over? Well, add on $1070 for EACH child. On the up side, if they are under the age of 14 it will only cost you $635 per child.

Now you're a lawful permanent resident, but you're not done yet ... ALL new residents must apply to have their 'conditional' residency removed after 2 years otherwise, you loose your PR. For that you're going to need:

Form I-751 = $595. NOW you are a full on PR. You'll only need to pay more fees if you:

A: Loose your PR (Green) Card - $450
B: Spend too much time outsid of the US and need to return to your 'Unrelinquiesh domicile' - $585
C: Loose your PR (Green) Card outside the US and need a Travel Document to return - $445 (assuming you are aged 14-79 again) Remember, when you get back, you'll need that new Green Card *points to fees associated with A*

Of course, these are only a FEW of the things that might get you caught out and in need of a financial loan to gain re-entry. Keep in mind, US isn't like Canada. You can't just return to a land border and present your original landing document and be allowed entry. You're stuck, like chuck until you pay the fees and get the proper authorization.

On the upside. From start to finish it should only take a total accumulated time span of roughly 27 months to get to the point where you can loose your Green Card.

Should I go find the total documentation for the other countries listed or can we agree that trying to compare the countries in frames of 'time' spent to get to the end result aren't really worth it?

Canada is now and always has been the EASIEST country to immigrate to. They have the most lax laws and easiest family reunification process in any of the so called 'first world' countries.

It's not easy to sit and wait for them to process the paperwork, I know and understand that. I'm not saying it is. I just think you should spend time and energy looking at ANYTHING other than facts that skew the truth that the grass is NOT 'greener' on the other side.
Alurra71,

First, I wish to recognize you for your thorough knowledge of the Permanent Resident application procedure for the US. I respectfully defer to your expertise in this matter, and thank you for contributing this valuable information to the discussion.

However, I must say that several comments you made in your reply only served to fan the flames. At the end of your post you say that it's not easy to sit and wait for the paperwork to be processed. Maybe you have suffered through both the American and Canadian immigration processes, in which case yes, you have spent more time waiting for basic privileges in a foreign country (i.e. OWP, healthcare) than my family has. In case you haven't, I speak for every member of this group when I say it's very easy for you to sit on a high horse and regurgitate the “CICSpeak” that Canada is now and has always been the easiest country to immigrate to. I will comment on this later. You landed in a little over 12 months? Such a thing would have everyone in this thread crying bloody murder for circumventing the wait times; either that or you would be eligible for expedited processing due to having a removal order imposed on you by CBSA, perhaps the only fate worse than waiting in this miserable immigration purgatory as it lengthens from 6-8 months (for AIP, what we were told at the time of our application in September 2013) to what will almost certainly be 16 months or longer by the time we receive AIP (which does not carry the privileges of full PR).

Let's start with some preamble. The foreign VO that my spouse and I could have applied to outland had a total wait of 14 months (potentially faster, reminding our viewers that this published figure is the wait time for 80% of finalized applications in each office) from application received to full PR visa when we were deciding between inland or outland. On the advice of a fully accredited immigration lawyer, and based on a history of CIC honouring its posted wait times within a reasonable margin, we submitted an inland application and expected to wait several months before both of us would be working, and an additional 8 months until we would be fully mobile in and out of Canada with CoPR. It was precisely in the latter months of 2013 that things began to deteriorate for inland applicants. Mired in a labour dispute with Minister Clement and the treasury board, 2013-2014 was a difficult time for employees in the Foreign Service and it appears that CIC had to do some reshuffling to accommodate a reduction in resources. The decision makers at CIC seized the opportunity to move all of our files from Vegreville to Mississauga and you know what Alurra71? There are a lot of them, like ours that are probably still sitting in that very same mail bag. In the same time it will take to get AIP, my spouse could have had a job, healthcare and a PR card by now. It's a mistake that I'll chalk up to bad luck, but had I known this would drag on, there were other options for us to manage our transition to Canada.

Alurra71, let's say a friend makes a commitment to you and your spouse. For $1000, they will perform a professional service for you in the next 6-8 months that will allow you and your spouse, from a position in which you are otherwise unable to do so, to move forward with your lives both personally and professionally. Furthermore, this friend happens to be one of the only qualified people in the entire country capable of conferring these privileges upon you. Now 14 months has passed, this friend hasn't spoken to you, you can't call this friend to ask them what is happening, and you're essentially no closer to salvation than when you originally started. You can get out of this and ask another friend for help, but this path with now take an additional 14 months. Wouldn't you feel duped, Alurra71? As late 2013 / early 2014 Inland Applicants this is what sets us uniquely apart from many of the other valued contributors to this forum; during processing we have had our wait time for basic privileges double over what we originally planned for. This has consequences for those of us who made financial plans for 6-8 months on one income at the outset rather than 16-18 months, which is my speculative assessment of when we will receive AIP. These include but not are limited to, acute financial and emotional stresses at home. We're a battered and bruised bunch, Alurra71.

Addressing your comment about Canada having been, and currently being the easiest country to immigrate to in the first world: This analysis will benefit from taking a page out of our first-year calculus textbooks and looking at the derivative rather than the instantaneous position. Currently, as of this day, yes: Canada may be one of the easiest countries to immigrate to for the average, qualified applicant. However, if you are the leader in any cohort, it is not sufficient to simply rest on your laurels and preach that you are the best, there are high standards to maintain and anyone who is caught in this inland quagmire (and my trusted legal counsel) will tell you that things are in decline in this Ministry and we risk losing this accolade. Your post accurately outlines the caveats that come with trying to compare apples to oranges, I accept that, but I don't think it is a stretch to claim that Family class permanent residency is being neglected under this government and it may reach a point where other “first-world” countries overtake Canada in the list of world's most hospitable immigrant destinations.

Can we agree that that trying to compare the countries in frames of ‘time' spent to get to the end result isn't really worth it? To employ your use of caps, ABSOLUTELY WE CANNOT AGREE. In fact, I invite any other members of this forum who have experience immigrating to any of the mentioned countries on the “comparison chart”, as Alurra71 has christened it, to chime in and enlighten us with their data and anecdotes. Even though we must accept that it is an imperfect measure, what other yardstick do we have to judge the effectiveness of our immigration programs, other than by how other similar countries handle theirs? I'm open to your suggestions. Furthermore, I have listed my sources and it is my furthest intention to mislead the members of this thread who have had their fill of misleading information from CIC. What I will agree to after reading your post (although many of your points about children and potentially losing PR status do not apply to myself or fellow members of this thread) is that the US PR process is certainly no better, and perhaps less accommodating than the Canadian equivalent, nevertheless I should add that at least in the US they give you a morsel of customer service.

Thank you to those of you who have stuck around to read this post. I know you are suffering and I humbly ask for your forgiveness if you felt mislead. I want this “comparison chart” to accurately portray the facts about where Canada's immigration program stands in comparison with our peers, and I welcome your feedback. I believe that you have to be the change that you want to see in the world. If we can confront the decision makers with data and stories that incite change, we will realize our dream of a normal Canadian family life sooner than we ever thought possible. It's a great thing isn't it Screech? Alurra71?

http://www.inlandsponsor.weebly.com

-GFDVCA

Raphael01

Dec 1, 2014
Thanks for you reply Lisan

My girl friend sponsor me as common law I did send in an affidavit.
Here a list of what I send:

-two lease showing my name and her 1 where we where live 1st and the other when we got a bigger apartment.

-photos of us on outing with her family and kids .

-joined bank account

-tickets showing we went on camps and picnic

-letters from her family and friends and my friends

I don't have anything in writing to say am separated but I can prove that I have been living her from 2010 and she in Cambridge from 2010.I don't know how much help that will give me but it's all I have.
I did not get married in Canada so it cost me more to get a divorce cause we have a child together and she is making it difficult so it cost more so am seeking all the info I can on my sponsorship.

Hi Raphael,

I do not think these can be a problem if you support your application well enough. You did not provide much details about which documents you sent along with your application neither under what terms you applied, but I hope you did it under common -law relation and that you also included the following:

-A affidavit where you stated than you do no longer live with your wife since 2010
-Proof that your relationship is legit, having a daughter could not be enough for them these days.

If you did not send much then play safe and start collecting even more proof in case they ask (they some times do ask for more). This could be family pictures, also pictures of you two with friends and other family members (this will show to them you both present in public together as a family; you can also keep flight tickets, hotel reservations or anything in writing that shows both of you on it. Post pictures on Facebook so your friends and family comment (this can be printed and sent to them too), Christmas, birthday cards sent to each other and so on.

We have seen in the past that even married couple get ask for more proof of their relation, so start collecting more proof in the case this happen.
[/quote]

Lisan

Jun 2, 2014
AchankengCrawford said:
I don't remember who it was asking about the issue with their spouse's ex wife refusing to provide medicals for the children, but here is the information on children where the other parent has full custody:

http://imgur.com/Sx29ZEP
That was me AchankengCrawford. We are still in the process to convince my hubby's ex that this is just a requirement. It seems that she does not want to take the kids to the medicals so we are trying to get an email from her saying that. So far it is not working :(

Where did you get this?

Thanks for the good info as ALWAYS!!! ;D

Lisan

Jun 2, 2014
Raphael01 said:
Thanks for you reply Lisan

My girl friend sponsor me as common law I did send in an affidavit.
Here a list of what I send:

-two lease showing my name and her 1 where we where live 1st and the other when we got a bigger apartment.

-photos of us on outing with her family and kids .

-joined bank account

-tickets showing we went on camps and picnic

-letters from her family and friends and my friends

I don't have anything in writing to say am separated but I can prove that I have been living her from 2010 and she in Cambridge from 2010.I don't know how much help that will give me but it's all I have.
I did not get married in Canada so it cost me more to get a divorce cause we have a child together and she is making it difficult so it cost more so am seeking all the info I can on my sponsorship.

Hi Raphael,

Good for you! It seems you have sent good proof. Keep gathering more in the next months just in case, but I think you will be fine. I have seen this case before ending in PR just fine. :)

alexandre1610

Star Member
Nov 26, 2013
Maxician said:
I have OWP and my eCas shows only this:

1. We received your application for permanent residence on March **, 2013.

2. We started processing your application on January **, 2014.

it's my 21th month and no news, no updates, no DM yet... :mad:
We are at the same boat. You are 2 months earlier than me. Now the 1st stage needs 15 months, so I don't think we will get our DM before the end of the year...CIC should do a right thing...

Princess029

Dec 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
September 15, 2013/ Start pocessing
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
Hi guys my sponsor got the AIP today but me as an applicant needed extra documents to support my application. So I have few questions and I'm hoping that someone can give me an answer. They are asking me the custody of my child which I don't have but I do have documents from my lawyer that me and my child abandoned by his father long time ago. What should I do?

Second- they're asking me to do the police check which I already did along with my application and did not travel anywhere.

Third- is the Birth Registration certificate is the same as birth certificate? Please help me guys.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Princess029 said:
Hi guys my sponsor got the AIP today but me as an applicant needed extra documents to support my application. So I have few questions and I'm hoping that someone can give me an answer. They are asking me the custody of my child which I don't have but I do have documents from my lawyer that me and my child abandoned by his father long time ago. What should I do?

Second- they're asking me to do the police check which I already did along with my application and did not travel anywhere.

Third- is the Birth Registration certificate is the same as birth certificate? Please help me guys.
For the first request. A letter from a lawyer might work but I can't say for certain. I think CIC is looking for court documents stating that you have full custody of the child. If you don't have this, you may have trouble convincing CIC that you have legal full custody. CIC does not want to be responsible for aiding and abetting you in possible kidnapping. They want your full custody to be legal and above board before granting your child PR.

For the 2nd request on police report. Not sure why they ask for it a 2nd time. I can understand requesting fingerprints as it is possible that another person in Canada has the same name, birth date and country as yours. They want to separate your records from the other. If they want actual police check again, not sure why except maybe the police check got expired before CiC received but I doubt you would send an expired police report with application.

I can't answer whether birth registration is the same as birth certificate. I like to think yes but not 100% sure. Perhaps another senior member can clarify it more.

Screech339

Raphael01

Dec 1, 2014
Lisan said:
Good for you! It seems you have sent good proof. Keep gathering more in the next months just in case, but I think you will be fine. I have seen this case before ending in PR just fine. :)
Am jut hoping that it don't really cause a problem and am taking your advice on putting together more proof I really need this PR so I can really make something for my kids future so am putting my best foot forward. ..

Thanks a lot..Guys