INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

ckwilson93

Jul 19, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Brazilian Canadian said:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-blog/2014/08/punishing-spousal-sponsors.html#comments

I don't know how many of you read this text, but it's pure true. It does feel like a punishment.

I legally worked in Canada until my visa expired and I enter this long wait to what I thought would be 6 months, now it has been 11 months, and I am denied to work when there's thousands of foreign workers in Canada that does not have the ties that I have with this country, being my husband a Canadian citizen by birth, that paid a very expensive government service that is still not even started.

Despite that, bad enough for our financial life, I can not get provincial health care or a document with my husbands last name or a driver's license. So in other words, we can not buy a new car, or rent/buy the house we want, we can not move to another province, we can not have a baby, I can not drive, I can not present legal documents with my married name, I can not travel to any events outside the country (like weddings or births), all I can do is sit and wait. For 6 months I was prepared, I was definitely not prepared for 11 months so far, it's mentally challenging.

In a governmental view here, all I see is stupidity, having that many people sitting and waiting inside Canada, when we could be out there working, paying taxes, buying goods, and not getting into debts.
I hear you. I'm 21 already in so much debt because of this, about to be in even more for school starting in september so i can afford to support me and my husband while we wait even longer! I'll be done my course before we hear back from CIC.

All we can do is hang in there right... This whole thing just does not seem fair at all.
I'll say the same thing everyones been saying. Hundreds of able-bodied people dying to be "allowed" to work, just sitting and waiting UNABLE to work... putting people in more debt. it just makes no sense. And we feel so helpless.

A slogan pitch for CIC : "God forbid you fall in love with anyone from another country."

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
ckwilson93 said:
I hear you. I'm 21 already in so much debt because of this, about to be in even more for school starting in september so i can afford to support me and my husband while we wait even longer! I'll be done my course before we hear back from CIC.

All we can do is hang in there right... This whole thing just does not seem fair at all.
I'll say the same thing everyones been saying. Hundreds of able-bodied people dying to be "allowed" to work, just sitting and waiting UNABLE to work... putting people in more debt. it just makes no sense. And we feel so helpless.

A slogan pitch for CIC : "God forbid you fall in love with anyone from another country."
I am very sorry you guys are having to go through all this turmoil at such a young age still, you should be having fun being in love not having to deal with all of this.

I do feel like we're being punished just because we fell in love with someone from another country, and the stress emotionally and financially that we're being put through is getting very tough to bear. I keep saying "just wait it out, it'll happen" but even then I'm starting to feel the burden of all this start to weigh very heavily on both mine and my husbands backs. I just want it to be over with!

Brazilian Canadian

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beholder69 said:
Apparently we shouldn't be waiting for a good update this week either. Let's hope it will get better the following ones...
That's all I'm hoping for, that somehow I'll open this forum and 10 people will post they got their AIP.
I am so hoping that at some point they will process all of it very fast, one per week, or 3 per month is just madness..
I don't want to wait until 2015 to receive my AIP, we are all wasting times of our lives!

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
Brazilian Canadian said:
That's all I'm hoping for, that somehow I'll open this forum and 10 people will post they got their AIP.
I am so hoping that at some point they will process all of it very fast, one per week, or 3 per month is just madness..
I don't want to wait until 2015 to receive my AIP, we are all wasting times of our lives!
Imagine two adults with new baby born living on 1400$ month! imagine many replies I receive from companies willing to hire me but not willing to go through any immigration stuff. imagine being lonely where the spouse and the baby have to travel to the spouse home country for month.. This is not Canada I thought it is.. thanks for the extremely right wing government and their efforts to make everybody suffer.

cathrina26

Dec 11, 2012
sophieee said:
It's done!:)

And thanks, Mocha, I just continued that screech and guri, and who knows who else started years before:)
Hi Sophie,
Can you please add me to your spreadsheets as well. I'm August applicant. I sent my application August 20, 2013 AOR: August 21, 2013 after they moved my application to Mississauga. I don't hear anything, I tried to call the CIC but I always couldn't get through. Thank you.

cathrina26

Dec 11, 2012
cathrina26 said:
Hi Sophie,
Can you please add me to your spreadsheets as well. I'm August applicant. I sent my application August 20, 2013 Application received August 21, 2013 AOR: September 14, 2013 after they moved my application to Mississauga. I don't hear anything, I tried to call the CIC but I always couldn't get through. Thank you. Everything I sent, OWP, medical, police clearance together with my application.

robytheron5506

Star Member
Mar 15, 2014
I just spoke to a kind lady at CIC.

I explained in a good way that it's really hard to not being able to start a normal life, and not knowing what is going on.

She told me the call centres in Vegreville don't have any way to verify why they take long to process applications in Mississauga.

They only have information that Mississauga sends them, so if you received bad news from the call centres they can't really tell you much about processing of inland sponsorship
because they don't know.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
I used to work as a technician for Dell. I wasn't employed by Dell, but instead by a different company who was contracted to Dell to take their calls. Once that contract ended, we took calls for someone else.

I suspect that the CIC call center has much the same setup in that these folks don't actually work for CIC, but are answering their calls.

That would certainly explain why you can never get the same response out of them 2x in a row and why their responses don't always make the most sense or how they give out false or misleading information.

They always seem to be reading off a script and they don't all have the knowledge/ability to get access to the files so they kind of interpret the notes they can see however they were 'trained' to.

Princess029

Dec 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
September 15, 2013/ Start pocessing
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
If there is just a person who is brave enough to go out there and go to the media I think that will help big time. It's only a matter of one person to break the news and to break our burden to the media and from there the media is going to verify the story at CIC. They are going to do some interviews. And then it's kinda interesting to know what's gonna be their excuses are. I hmm. . It's just a thought.

Kae12345

Aug 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 11, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept 30, 2013
ckwilson93 said:

I know how you feel. I just turned 21 and my husband is 23. We'd both had savings before he moved here, but we've gone through most of it in the last year and a half, and are starting to get very concerned about how we'll pay our bills in the coming months. My job definitely isn't enough to support two people off of. I'm miserable in my job, but know I cannot quit because we cannot afford for me to be off work a week or two find a new job. So I'm just stressed 100% of the time, and it's seriously affecting my health.

I don't understand why CIC doesn't hire some additional VO's, or whomever they need in order to process applications at the speed they come in. Afterall, we are paying them to process our applications. Unless they think that making couples deal with financial struggles and living in limbo for a year will help weed out the fraud. But that just doesn't seem fair.

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
Princess029 said:
If there is just a person who is brave enough to go out there and go to the media I think that will help big time. It's only a matter of one person to break the news and to break our burden to the media and from there the media is going to verify the story at CIC. They are going to do some interviews. And then it's kinda interesting to know what's gonna be their excuses are. I hmm. . It's just a thought.
Unfortunately we've tried that already. Along with the petition that was put together, it did attract a small amount of media attention. The Toronto Star asked for people to share their stories. But what I've found from all of that is 1) most of the people that even comment on our predicament are those that hate immigrants and tell us to just go back home they didn't want us anyway, and 2) the media uses our situation for political reasons. I really wish we could get something done by voicing our opinions and issues, but the problem is - we're struggling against a government program. Notoriously known for taking their time and taking lots of vacation days and breaks. I even have a close friend I've made here who works for the government. She told me to keep my chin up, at least a lot of the people taking summer vacations will stop soon. So that's what I've decided to do...just stop hoping for any movement until after summer. I know, it sucks...but what else can we do? This is not something we can hurry along. We can't push it to go faster. It'll get done when it gets done.

Sept 11 2013

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
Hi Folks,
I just phone the CIC and Im August applicant its my 12 months today. and the agent said i have to wait 3 months. She give a date Nov 21 that time i have my AIP and OWP. Omg im so stress right now. 3 months really???

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
Sept 11 2013 said:
Hi Folks,
I just phone the CIC and Im August applicant its my 12 months today. and the agent said i have to wait 3 months. She give a date Nov 21 that time i have my AIP and OWP. Omg im so stress right now. 3 months really???
It doesn't surprise me, I'm at 12 and 1/2 months now and the way it's going I believe it.