28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
Brazilian Canadian said:
How are you guys able to talk with CIC phone line?!!?!?

I can never get trough, after I punch in all they ask, and wait for the electronic voice to say million things they just hung up on me.
I have changed my address online, and it is mistaken, I've updated, and it's still appearing the wrong street number on E-CAS.
And I've changed my address twice already since I sent the application, even I had changed the first time correctly trough the website, they sent me the transfer letter to the old address. So I need to confirm with a call line agent, and I've been trying for days...

After you get connected, press 1, wait a bit, press 3 and 0. I always get connected when i do that. I also, changed my address online Nd called them. Got the transfer leteer address to the new one. Good luck.

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
To whom might be interested and concerned. you could reach this person with all your comments and complains. I just read article for him about the new bill. So talk to him and share what you will get.
Costas Menegakis is the Member of Parliament for Richmond Hill and Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration. He can be reached by phone at 905-770-4440 or through his website at www.costasmenegakis.ca.

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
civic said:
It is too imaginary! If they do that it would be a breach of Privacy Acts
On application form we authorize them to contact other government agency we never authorize them to stalk us on Internet and cross reference with the data they receive.
Breach of Privacy Acts is justified by saving the country national security.

ckwilson93

Jul 19, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"The 12 MP's who are on the Standing Committee on Citizenship and Immigration spend most of their time discussing immigration and refugee issues. They make decisions on what immigration and refugee changes should be introduced to the House of Commons. Incredible as it may sound, they spend almost all of their time listening to Canada's immigration industry (immigration lawyers, immigration consultants and ethnic groups whose votes they want). As a result, a number of them are exceptionally unaware of anything critical of immigration. These MP's need to hear from real Canadians. Here are their names and e-mail addresses :

Roxanne James (roxanne.james @ parl.gc.ca)
Costas Menegakis (costas.menegakis @ parl.gc.ca)
Rathika Sitsabaiesan (rathika.sitsabaiesan @ parl.gc.ca)
Rick Dykstra (rick.dykstra @ parl.gc.ca)
Kevin Lamoureux (kevin.lamoureux @ parl.gc.ca)
Ted Opitz (ted.opitz @ parl.gc.ca)
David Tilson (david.tilson @ parl.gc.ca)
Sadia Groguhe (sadia.groguhe @ parl.gc.ca)
Chungsen Leung (chungsen.leung @ parl.gc.ca)
Jinny Sims (jinny.sims @ parl.gc.ca)
John Weston (john.weston @ parl.gc.ca)"

I found this on a website.. Don't know if it will help or not.But I'll e-mail them all regardless, and I hope others will do the same.

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
ckwilson93 said:
"The 12 MP's who are on the Standing Committee on Citizenship and Immigration spend most of their time discussing immigration and refugee issues. They make decisions on what immigration and refugee changes should be introduced to the House of Commons. Incredible as it may sound, they spend almost all of their time listening to Canada's immigration industry (immigration lawyers, immigration consultants and ethnic groups whose votes they want). As a result, a number of them are exceptionally unaware of anything critical of immigration. These MP's need to hear from real Canadians. Here are their names and e-mail addresses :

Roxanne James (roxanne.james @ parl.gc.ca)
Costas Menegakis (costas.menegakis @ parl.gc.ca)
Rathika Sitsabaiesan (rathika.sitsabaiesan @ parl.gc.ca)
Rick Dykstra (rick.dykstra @ parl.gc.ca)
Kevin Lamoureux (kevin.lamoureux @ parl.gc.ca)
Ted Opitz (ted.opitz @ parl.gc.ca)
David Tilson (david.tilson @ parl.gc.ca)
Sadia Groguhe (sadia.groguhe @ parl.gc.ca)
Chungsen Leung (chungsen.leung @ parl.gc.ca)
Jinny Sims (jinny.sims @ parl.gc.ca)
John Weston (john.weston @ parl.gc.ca)"

I found this on a website.. Don't know if it will help or not.But I'll e-mail them all regardless, and I hope others will do the same.
Good idea.. I will as well.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Smsm81 said:
Breach of Privacy Acts is justified by saving the country national security.
Anything you say and do on the internet is fair game. It's not private if you put it on a public server, so the privacy act doesn't really work in this instance.

If you wish something to be truly private, my suggestion, keep it OFF of the internet and away from public forums.

This is a public forum. Anything you say/do here is public knowledge and requires no consent to use the information you provide.

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
Alurra71 said:
Anything you say and do on the internet is fair game. It's not private if you put it on a public server, so the privacy act doesn't really work in this instance.

If you wish something to be truly private, my suggestion, keep it OFF of the internet and away from public forums.

This is a public forum. Anything you say/do here is public knowledge and requires no consent to use the information you provide.
True

jen1975

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-03-2014....CPC-M
Med's Request
sent with application
Med's Done....
14-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2013...(DM)
LANDED..........
26-08-2014 in Montreal
Alurra71 said:

This is so true ..................... :)

woodyc

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2013
AOR Received.
18-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2013
LANDED..........
24-02-2015
Hey Guys just a update got my OWP in the mail on Tues not sure how long it was in the mail box for ( I'm not really that excited about checking the mail anymore until I get DM so only check it once a week ) but I sent it on July 14 2014 & I got approved on the Aug 8 2014 thats what the start date on my OWP is & valid till April 19th 2016. When will it end

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
woodyc said:
Hey Guys just a update got my OWP in the mail on Tues not sure how long it was in the mail box for ( I'm not really that excited about checking the mail anymore until I get DM so only check it once a week ) but I sent it on July 14 2014 & I got approved on the Aug 8 2014 thats what the start date on my OWP is & valid till April 19th 2016. When will it end
Congrats.
You July application and you got ur AIP in February?

woodyc

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2013
AOR Received.
18-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2013
LANDED..........
24-02-2015
Smsm81 said:
Congrats.
You July application and you got ur AIP in February?
Yeah I don't know why I got AIP in Feb was just as the move was happening. But I haven't heard anything about DM going of the dates on the website I should hear in Oct but who knows right now.

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
I read an article written by Costas Menegakis the Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration where he state that the ministry processed about 8% of the backlog of the citizenship applications, they started this process from February.
Also from February till August CIC has only process just one month of application for sponsorship application.. so it seems that those who were processing the sponsorship application were asked to process the Citizenship application. that's why sponsorship applications are stuck in July.

thegorchess

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-10-2013
Smsm81 said:
I read an article written by Costas Menegakis the Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration where he state that the ministry processed about 8% of the backlog of the citizenship applications, they started this process from February.
Also from February till August CIC has only process just one month of application for sponsorship application.. so it seems that those who were processing the sponsorship application were asked to process the Citizenship application. that's why sponsorship applications are stuck in July.
Can you please provide a source for the article? I would love to read it.

hshi

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
hi woodyc, you must file your application outside Canada . Inland application can't be that fast.

woodyc said:

weneedchanges

Aug 15, 2014
If you guys want to send complaint emails to government, I recommend these recipients. Put minister @ cic.gc.ca and david.manicom @ cic.gc.ca in the "To" field and the rest as "BCC" (hidden). I think at this stage we all have to be together in doing this. Repeatedly. Until changes are made. We have nothing to lose, to believe in now.

Mr. David Manicom is the manager of Inland Sponsorship operation.

minister @ cic.gc.ca,
pm @ pm.gc.ca
Carl.Dholandas @ cic.gc.ca,
costas.menegakis @ parl.gc.ca,
Chris.Day @ cic.gc.ca,
caruso @ cimmigrationlaw.com,
david.manicom @ cic.gc.ca,
Enza Uda <Enza.Uda @ cbc.ca>,
Gerrit.Nieuwoudt @ cic.gc.ca,
hbauder @ ryerson.ca,
Jinny Sims <Jinny.Sims @ parl.gc.ca>,
Kathy Tomlinson <Kathy.Tomlinson @ cbc.ca>,