+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

MiriMinBC

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Alurra71 said:
I used to work as a technician for Dell. I wasn't employed by Dell, but instead by a different company who was contracted to Dell to take their calls. Once that contract ended, we took calls for someone else.

I suspect that the CIC call center has much the same setup in that these folks don't actually work for CIC, but are answering their calls.

That would certainly explain why you can never get the same response out of them 2x in a row and why their responses don't always make the most sense or how they give out false or misleading information.

They always seem to be reading off a script and they don't all have the knowledge/ability to get access to the files so they kind of interpret the notes they can see however they were 'trained' to.
I don't think they farm their work out as it it is sensitive information. What I think happens is, simply put, the call centre workers are basically babysitters. Because of the desire for "transparency" and "accountability" from government ministries, they have to have *someone* from whom that "accountability" comes. It doesn't have to be good, efficient, or accurate. It just has to be in place. I worked for the Cal State University system for a while. It's all about making people feel good about the system.

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
MiriMinBC said:
I don't think they farm their work out as it it is sensitive information. What I think happens is, simply put, the call centre workers are basically babysitters. Because of the desire for "transparency" and "accountability" from government ministries, they have to have *someone* from whom that "accountability" comes. It doesn't have to be good, efficient, or accurate. It just has to be in place. I worked for the Cal State University system for a while. It's all about making people feel good about the system.
This is exactly what it is!

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
MiriMinBC said:
That make sense.

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
Kae12345 said:
I know how you feel. I just turned 21 and my husband is 23. We'd both had savings before he moved here, but we've gone through most of it in the last year and a half, and are starting to get very concerned about how we'll pay our bills in the coming months. My job definitely isn't enough to support two people off of. I'm miserable in my job, but know I cannot quit because we cannot afford for me to be off work a week or two find a new job. So I'm just stressed 100% of the time, and it's seriously affecting my health.

I don't understand why CIC doesn't hire some additional VO's, or whomever they need in order to process applications at the speed they come in. Afterall, we are paying them to process our applications. Unless they think that making couples deal with financial struggles and living in limbo for a year will help weed out the fraud. But that just doesn't seem fair.
They already closed some offices.. what is happening is internal policy to tighten the process, make it harder and takes longer time. they want us to believe being PR and citizen is a gift or as they call it privilege not right where you can ask for it loudly. They can even take away ur PR or nationality when they decide so, denying you the right for appeal.
That being said, I know that I will have hard time to obtain my PR. They dont accept any criticize to their rules and any one who dares to do so, like myself, will have hard time later on.
They motoring these forums and possibly known the IP for each one of us in here and comparing that with the info we provided.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Smsm81 said:
They already closed some offices.. what is happening is internal policy to tighten the process, make it harder and takes longer time. they want us to believe being PR and citizen is a gift or as they call it privilege not right where you can ask for it loudly. They can even take away ur PR or nationality when they decide so, denying you the right for appeal.
That being said, I know that I will have hard time to obtain my PR. They dont accept any criticize to their rules and any one who dares to do so, like myself, will have hard time later on.
They motoring these forums and possibly known the IP for each one of us in here and comparing that with the info we provided.
It is too imaginary! If they do that it would be a breach of Privacy Acts
On application form we authorize them to contact other government agency we never authorize them to stalk us on Internet and cross reference with the data they receive.

robytheron5506

Star Member
Mar 15, 2014
Smsm81 said:
Lol that's possible hopefully they don't own this forum

Brazilian Canadian

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Princess029 said:
If there is just a person who is brave enough to go out there and go to the media I think that will help big time. It's only a matter of one person to break the news and to break our burden to the media and from there the media is going to verify the story at CIC. They are going to do some interviews. And then it's kinda interesting to know what's gonna be their excuses are. I hmm. . It's just a thought.
I'm in BC, and a while ago this couple appear on the news because the wife was planning to have a baby at home, not by choice, but because she did not have provincial health care due to the Inland Sponsorship Process, her husband is Canadian and all the detail on how CIC affect their lives was on the news, and that was just that, nothing happened after, process went even slower... It's the sad truth, we have to wait.

Brazilian Canadian

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sept 11 2013 said:
Hi Folks,
I just phone the CIC and Im August applicant its my 12 months today. and the agent said i have to wait 3 months. She give a date Nov 21 that time i have my AIP and OWP. Omg im so stress right now. 3 months really???
We're all hoping is going to be faster than that, our it would mean I have to wait 6 more months, and I've already wait 11 months. They are just telling everyone to call months later, someone in this forum was asked to call 3 months later, and got AIP in a few weeks. It's just a way to avoid people calling all the time I'd say.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
Smsm81 said:
Hardly the case, especially considering there are people in the forum who have admitted working illegally as well as trying to get status by non-legitimate ways and are still in Canada

God be with us

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
14-08-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with application
Interview........
Thankfully not reqrd
VISA ISSUED...
13-6-2014
LANDED..........
24-6-2014
I dnt know but if I remember correctly, last year during this time, CIC employees were on a strike??

And they took almost 6 months to get back in action. This year I think they all are on a long term vacant action ?

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
Sept 11 2013 said:
Hi Folks,
I just phone the CIC and Im August applicant its my 12 months today. and the agent said i have to wait 3 months. She give a date Nov 21 that time i have my AIP and OWP. Omg im so stress right now. 3 months really???
Application day twins. My husband woke up today and said that today was his one year immigration-versary. So sad, so frustrating. I don't know if I would put any weight on what the people at the call centre said. I'm starting to feel like three months is a conservative estimate. I just want to see some Aug people getting their AIPs before I get my hopes up for anything.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Brazilian Canadian said:
I'm in BC, and a while ago this couple appear on the news because the wife was planning to have a baby at home, not by choice, but because she did not have provincial health care due to the Inland Sponsorship Process, her husband is Canadian and all the detail on how CIC affect their lives was on the news, and that was just that, nothing happened after, process went even slower... It's the sad truth, we have to wait.
This forum did initiate the media campaign successfully, along with petition. We did it in July. Big coverage on Toronto Star about exactly what you said. Not one but many couples sharing how hard their lives have become with this delay. Guess what? CIC totally ignored that. CIC ignored MPs too. Canada is becoming less democratic day by day under this government. They monitor this forum? Ok go for it if they want to be like North Korea one day, I then have no regret leaving Canada :)

vortex

Aug 21, 2014
Hi, just joined. Application sent early Aug 2013 myself. Pregnant wife due in few months... no ohip, medical bills...

We are frustrated, depressed, broke, all of our savings done months ago, living on credit cards,... too. And I am working!!

I NEVER EVER asked for any assistance from Canada, always worked and work hard, pay my taxes, put my self through school without grants or govt loans, never on welfare, EI, subsidised housing, heck even no speeding or parking tickets...

Now we pay for a sponsorship service, not asking for special favours, just process our paperwork... so we can LIVE.

* It is not too much to ask for a decent progress, when we started, stage 1 was at 5 months. (we had $ savings for that+, now broke)

* It is not too much to ask for a decent person on the "1-888-USE-LESS" answering calls, to understand and give proper answers, instead of "call next month", "We don't know", etc. Please be POLITE, we pay your wages, as taxpayers and for this service too.

* It is not too much to ask for our govt workers to put in a true day's worth of work.
LOTS of people would love a GOVT job, Your job! So be proud of your work, put in a good day's work. (unfortunately in today's world, many want a job, but really few want to work)
This goes up all the chains of command, SUPERVISORS, COORDINATORS, MANAGERS, DIRECTORS, ANALYSTS,... MINISTER... if you see your front lines, your officers simply overwhelmed with stacks of applications, and the backlog is growing, do something about it.
You have the power, show the workload, demand more staff. Recall, we the applicants pay for this service, plus other taxes to govt.

I really don't for-see substantial progress starting Sept, assuming CIC's vacations are finally over, why: They been stuck on July applicants since late Feb/March of this year. SIX months to process one month's worth of applications.

I dare them to prove me wrong:
Now they all come back to work Sept, fresh from vacations, eager to get the paper work caught up...
I (and all of us are) HOPING for that.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vortex said:
Hi, just joined. Application sent early Aug 2013 myself. Pregnant wife due in few months... no ohip, medical bills...

We are frustrated, depressed, broke, all of our savings done months ago, living on credit cards,... too. And I am working!!

I NEVER EVER asked for any assistance from Canada, always worked and work hard, pay my taxes, put my self through school without grants or govt loans, never on welfare, EI, subsidised housing, heck even no speeding or parking tickets...

Now we pay for a sponsorship service, not asking for special favours, just process our paperwork... so we can LIVE.

* It is not too much to ask for a decent progress, when we started, stage 1 was at 5 months. (we had $ savings for that+, now broke)

* It is not too much to ask for a decent person on the "1-888-USE-LESS" answering calls, to understand and give proper answers, instead of "call next month", "We don't know", etc. Please be POLITE, we pay your wages, as taxpayers and for this service too.

* It is not too much to ask for our govt workers to put in a true day's worth of work.
LOTS of people would love a GOVT job, Your job! So be proud of your work, put in a good day's work. (unfortunately in today's world, many want a job, but really few want to work)
This goes up all the chains of command, SUPERVISORS, COORDINATORS, MANAGERS, DIRECTORS, ANALYSTS,... MINISTER... if you see your front lines, your officers simply overwhelmed with stacks of applications, and the backlog is growing, do something about it.
You have the power, show the workload, demand more staff. Recall, we the applicants pay for this service, plus other taxes to govt.

I really don't for-see substantial progress starting Sept, assuming CIC's vacations are finally over, why: They been stuck on July applicants since late Feb/March of this year. SIX months to process one month's worth of applications.

I dare them to prove me wrong:
Now they all come back to work Sept, fresh from vacations, eager to get the paper work caught up...
I (and all of us are) HOPING for that.
I absolutely feel for you. Please send this to your local MP and ask him-her to question CIC in their next Parliament session. This needs to be addressed politically. This government does not listen from the people like us.

Brazilian Canadian

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How are you guys able to talk with CIC phone line?!!?!?

I can never get trough, after I punch in all they ask, and wait for the electronic voice to say million things they just hung up on me.
I have changed my address online, and it is mistaken, I've updated, and it's still appearing the wrong street number on E-CAS.
And I've changed my address twice already since I sent the application, even I had changed the first time correctly trough the website, they sent me the transfer letter to the old address. So I need to confirm with a call line agent, and I've been trying for days...