10-01-2014
Med's Done....
21-01-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
LANDED..........
23-02-2015
sanda said:
I told my partner what happened to me that day and he said I just don't know how to deal with government people. :'(
Oh well, I got a lesson..
Eh, I'm going to keep going the way I do. I'm not going to let them rain on my parade! I'll just keep being happy and hope that it's infectious. And when it's not I'll just let it go. As long as they're not mean, I won't be mean.

sanda

Star Member
Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-May-2013
AOR Received.
09-May-2013
LANDED..........
15-March-2014
AckTivity said:
I'm not going to let them rain on my parade!
;) hahahah I love that, AckTivity!! ;)

americanadians

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/05/2013
AOR Received.
22/05/2013
Med's Request
28/01/2014
Med's Done....
14/03/2014
LANDED..........
06/11/2014
MaxLet said:
Hi guys! Well my case was different. I didnt include medicals upfront. So when I got AIP on Jan 7th i was asked to do medicals and to send fingerprints. I did both on Jan 9th, i was ready to wait 8 months for DM. On Jan 15th I called CIC to confirm the arrival of my medicals and fingerprint, just to be sure that everything was ok.
I was thinking about sending an application for an OWP (cuz i didnt sent one upfront) and when i was finally gonna apply.. I got DM on feb 28th... so i didnt sent the application out....

So for me...51 days approx between aip and dm, having to send medicals and fingerprints upon request and not upfront.
I will say that it depends on your case, how complicated is it, how many dependants, i dont know, might also depend of the way that your agent works. I honestly feel my agent has a fast way to work, always updating my ecas, well organized... i believe :D

If you apply for an owp or not, depends on you, cuz no one can assure how long would it take.

Good luck and God bless!
Hey thanks so much! Super helpful. Everything went great with the medical. We had a super nice doctor who made everything feel much less stressful. Now the waiting game! Crossing fingers it's as quick as our AIP was!! This is all so exciting!

minime#

Aug 3, 2012
Carlaganda23 said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

Try that minime.. you can apply online too and it only takes 2 weeks for the processing!
Thank u on my way to apply now so exciting lol

woodyc

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2013
AOR Received.
18-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2013
LANDED..........
24-02-2015
sanda said:
I landed in Vancouver yesterday.
It was typical Vancouver weather – raining, but so happy to be part of residents, not temporary but permanent, in this country.
My partner and I celebrated this memorial day with sushi dinner ;)

I leave some points about my landing.

- My appointment was 1PM. We arrived there 10 min before.
There was a reception and I handed on the landing letter and RPRF payment receipt.

- There were a lot of people in the waiting area. All seats were taken.
There were about 60~70 people and 20~30 people came in after us.
But some of them seemed for citizenship (test or ceremony or both, I was not sure).
So I guessed PR-to-be people were around 70.

- A male officer explained about CoPR, PR card, maintaining PR in front of us.

- There were counters, 4 officers were ready, where were the place for the interview. It was not in a room, but over the counter.

- Officers called applicant's name manually, no speaker, no informational board, no such a thing.

- The PR applicants seemed all category mixed up.
I somehow thought the interview was for only family class but the girl I talked with for a while applied as a refugee.

- It took me 2 hours to be called by an officer in the counter. I guessed this is the order of reception.
The female officer was not that friendly but had professional attitude.
The interview was about for 5~10 min. It was basically same as what Mrs_Canuck reported us.

That was like this! I received a few documents including CoPR and some of them were kind of big.
I didn't want to fold the sheet so I wished I brought a bigger bag. But I eventually fold them at home to store nicely. :D
Congrats your done now the wait for the p.r card. Thanks for the landing details

salsal31

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
minime# said:
Hey guys finally some good news I received my aip about an hour ago so excited!!! When I saw the email I started panicking when I opened it I was jumping up and down my 14 month old started clapping lol was hilarious. Even though this is wonderful n
ews I can't help but think of my dad was so close to seeing him again :-[ there's light at the end of the tunnel they are working!!!

Congrats to everyone else whose been approved!!
Congratulations :)

rifat

Oct 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2012
AOR Received.
06-18-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Interview........
10-21-2013
LANDED..........
July 23rd 2014 :)
Does anyone know what type of verification cic does in stage 2 besides medical n security background checks?

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
rifat said:
Does anyone know what type of verification cic does in stage 2 besides medical n security background checks?
Criminality and Medical Issues only and also Doubt of the Relationship( one applicants here has his Landing Date cancelled because they have to investigate more about the relationship) So, sometimes it's a case to case basis!

chinaman

Mar 8, 2014
I question for me is if I want to send my OWP permit application now (I am a July 2013 applicant and no news and nothing from CIC (neither CIC-V nor CIC-M) till today) by way of online application, where/which part on the application do I put down to "to be processed with the PR application".

Lets hope they will start to re-process soon.

Did anyone from the July 2013 still yet received a letter from CIC to confirm their files had been transferred.

thanks

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Did my medical exam a couple days ago. Expensive for just 5 minutes or so I'd say! But now that's done :)

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chinaman said:
I question for me is if I want to send my OWP permit application now (I am a July 2013 applicant and no news and nothing from CIC (neither CIC-V nor CIC-M) till today) by way of online application, where/which part on the application do I put down to "to be processed with the PR application".

Lets hope they will start to re-process soon.

Did anyone from the July 2013 still yet received a letter from CIC to confirm their files had been transferred.

thanks
Why not wait until you have AIP and then apply online? That way, there's no need to write anything across the top of the application.

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
Carlaganda23 said:
Criminality and Medical Issues only and also Doubt of the Relationship( one applicants here has his Landing Date cancelled because they have to investigate more about the relationship) So, sometimes it's a case to case basis!
This is true, but it's my understanding that the vast majority of the time, the validity of the relationship is determined in stage 1. I think that it is quite rare for someone to get AIP and then not get DM and even rarer for someone to get DM and then have their landing date cancelled.

frenchwapiti

Jan 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
sanda said:
I landed in Vancouver yesterday.
It was typical Vancouver weather – raining, but so happy to be part of residents, not temporary but permanent, in this country.
My partner and I celebrated this memorial day with sushi dinner ;)

I leave some points about my landing.

- My appointment was 1PM. We arrived there 10 min before.
There was a reception and I handed on the landing letter and RPRF payment receipt.

- There were a lot of people in the waiting area. All seats were taken.
There were about 60~70 people and 20~30 people came in after us.
But some of them seemed for citizenship (test or ceremony or both, I was not sure).
So I guessed PR-to-be people were around 70.

- A male officer explained about CoPR, PR card, maintaining PR in front of us.

- There were counters, 4 officers were ready, where were the place for the interview. It was not in a room, but over the counter.

- Officers called applicant's name manually, no speaker, no informational board, no such a thing.

- The PR applicants seemed all category mixed up.
I somehow thought the interview was for only family class but the girl I talked with for a while applied as a refugee.

- It took me 2 hours to be called by an officer in the counter. I guessed this is the order of reception.
The female officer was not that friendly but had professional attitude.
The interview was about for 5~10 min. It was basically same as what Mrs_Canuck reported us.

That was like this! I received a few documents including CoPR and some of them were kind of big.
I didn't want to fold the sheet so I wished I brought a bigger bag. But I eventually fold them at home to store nicely. :D
congratulations Sanda, welcome to Canada!!! I wish you a very happy life with you love in this beautiful country! :)

frenchwapiti

Jan 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
hockeyfan said:
Hi Fellow 2013'ers,

It's been a while since I posted last and I just wanted to say without this forum and support I would be pretty lost, so thanks!

I am thankfully almost done the whole process and just waiting on my landing letter in Vancouver!

We all are or have been through this long ordeal and it helps to know people on this forum understand and may be able to help us through our situations.

Keep the positivity, empathy, sympathy and compassion alive here and we can all get through this together :).

All the best,
hey hockeyfan, thank you for your nice thoughts for all of us still waiting for the good news. hope to see you landing soon :) :)

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
  • AchankengCrawford said:
    This is true, but it's my understanding that the vast majority of the time, the validity of the relationship is determined in stage 1. I think that it is quite rare for someone to get AIP and then not get DM and even rarer for someone to get DM and then have their landing date cancelled.
    That's correct.

AIP requires Sponsor to be approved + the applicant (Foreign National) has to meet the requirements of the Family Class (R124), which are:

Is the FN:
    • Spouse or common-law partner of a sponsor
    (This is likely where the relationship proof is reviewed)

• Cohabitating with sponsor in Canada
    (and here as well)
    • Temporary Resident Status (not required for spousal/common-law sponsorship)
    • Sponsor approved
    • Must not be excluded from the class due to R125 provisions- (excluded relationships)

Then...the applicant receives AIP.

Step 2: Admissibility Check:
    Are there concerns about the applicant including:
    • Security?
    • Human or international rights violation?
    • Financial reasons?*
    • Criminality/Serious criminality?
    • Health grounds?*
    • Misrepresentation?
    • Inadmissible family member?

*Taking into account relevant exceptions made for the in-Canada class (e.g. excessive demand provisions)

After step 2 is complete and there are NO concerns with questions listed above:
    INVITATION TO EXAMINATION INTERVIEW-
    Subject to interview outcome, PR is approved.
    Letter in appendix F (from ip08) is sent.

-------------

Many applicants have not had much of an examination interview, and only had to answer the 3 or 4 basic questions at their landing interview/appointment.

However...even at the landing interview an applicant can be questioned... or so it appears.