+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
tarina said:
They miss out some tax benefits if they won't, that's what I'm trying to say...
If you are just claiming benefits from supporting a dependent the dependent does not need to file a return. If the partner has other deductions like tuition credits etc., then yes the partner needs to file a tax return.

mrsc08

Star Member
May 26, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2013
Doc's Request.
09-01-2014
AOR Received.
21-03-2013
Med's Request
09-01-2014
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
AIP: 23-03-2014
Hey guys! I'm needing some help here.. I'm a March 2013 applicant, no AIP yet. I received an email (I'm the one being sponsored) from CIC first week of January asking me for further docs: custody letter of my 3 dependents (accompanying me), a birth certificate of my son and medical a for me and my dependents. I mailed the documents about 3 weeks ago and called CIC yesterday, they confirmed that the docs were received as well as my medical. My dependents who are living outside Canada done their medical in January, buy since it's overseas, CIC call center agent can't see if that has been received. Anyone has dependents on here??? CIC has gone as far as July apps, but until now I haven't received AIP. It's stressing me out so bad. Help pls!

AckTivity

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
Doc's Request.
13-01-2014 (mailed 24-01-2014)
Nomination.....
AIP: 17-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2014
Med's Done....
21-01-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
LANDED..........
23-02-2015
mrsc08 said:
Hey guys! I'm needing some help here.. I'm a March 2013 applicant, no AIP yet. I received an email (I'm the one being sponsored) from CIC first week of January asking me for further docs: custody letter of my 3 dependents (accompanying me), a birth certificate of my son and medical a for me and my dependents. I mailed the documents about 3 weeks ago and called CIC yesterday, they confirmed that the docs were received as well as my medical. My dependents who are living outside Canada done their medical in January, buy since it's overseas, CIC call center agent can't see if that has been received. Anyone has dependents on here??? CIC has gone as far as July apps, but until now I haven't received AIP. It's stressing me out so bad. Help pls!
Have you requested your Caips notes yet? We were a little bit behind the crowd as well. I have a son (I'm the applicant). We received AOR April 4, 2013. We got a med requested in January, along with a request for a letter from my son's father saying it was okay for him to immigrate and a document that apparently has been updated since we originally sent it in.

A month later we received our AIP (February 17) and my OWP. As well as a request for yet more paperwork. I assume that you will probably hear as soon as they're finished with the switchover to CPC-M. It seems like nothing is happening, for the most part, in either office until that's done. Do you know if your file has been moved? If not, I would call if I were you. Especially since you haven't received AIP.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Ponga said:
That sounds like it might have been `income splitting'.
Yeah, that sounds about right, Ponga. I dunno for sure, what I do know is it worked for us. LOL I still don't have any gleaning into the Canadian Revenue Agency and I thought the IRS was confusing! LOL

ortom

Feb 19, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Vegreville /CPC - Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013
Hi Guys,

Just to let everyone know that our file was transferred to CPC - M as well, as of March 3rd. We received a letter in the mail at our old address. Hoping things will start moving once the transferred are all done. :)

frenchwapiti

Jan 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
ortom said:
Hi Guys,

Just to let everyone know that our file was transferred to CPC - M as well, as of March 3rd. We received a letter in the mail at our old address. Hoping things will start moving once the transferred are all done. :)
ohhh yes, I ope so too!!! :) :) :)
I start to feel as if things are stuck somewhere and nothing moves forward, this is not encouraging, even if I don't want to desperate, but I find the time is soooooo looooooong.

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
JHWife2011 said:
TAX QUESTION

Am I able to claim my husband as a dependent? I'm so confused by this and I want to do my taxes ASAP but I want to know if its a possibility as he wasn't working until just recently (OWP).
Yes , you need to mention that you were responsible for him since he started living with you. You will get quite good sum of money.

mrsc08

Star Member
May 26, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2013
Doc's Request.
09-01-2014
AOR Received.
21-03-2013
Med's Request
09-01-2014
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
AIP: 23-03-2014
AckTivity said:
Have you requested your Caips notes yet? We were a little bit behind the crowd as well. I have a son (I'm the applicant). We received AOR April 4, 2013. We got a med requested in January, along with a request for a letter from my son's father saying it was okay for him to immigrate and a document that apparently has been updated since we originally sent it in.

A month later we received our AIP (February 17) and my OWP. As well as a request for yet more paperwork. I assume that you will probably hear as soon as they're finished with the switchover to CPC-M. It seems like nothing is happening, for the most part, in either office until that's done. Do you know if your file has been moved? If not, I would call if I were you. Especially since you haven't received AIP.
Hi! Thanks for sharing your experience. No I haven't requested for the notes.. And yes I have called CIC regarding my AIP. Unfortunately all they can tell me is to call back in June if I still don't hear from them. CIC just received the docs I sent them February 21st using the tracking number. But in their system in didn't show received until yesterday. So I'm hoping on or before March 21st, I should hear from them. :( this is making me so worried, so again thanks for your reply. :)

rifat

Oct 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2012
AOR Received.
06-18-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Interview........
10-21-2013
LANDED..........
July 23rd 2014 :)
Hey guys got any good news today?

ikarasu

Sep 22, 2013
Argh! starting to get worried.

Got the DM E-mail Jan 07. It's been 2 months and a week, no letter from them... Seems vancouver people have been getting their landing date pretty quick. Need to make a trip to China with the wife, so her grandparents can see their new grandson... and I'd really like to go before the weather there is scorching :'(

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
Congrats minime for AIP :)

canadianyogini

Mar 15, 2014
Hi,

I'm not sure anybody asked same question as I am... I'm sorry if I missed the thread for it.
We are applying PR from Montreal Quebec and we submitted the application on September. They received the application on September 20th and I recently got a letter from the office saying they transferred our file to Mississauga.

I was looking through the Spreadsheet (I joined this forum today) and I found the section of CSQ. I'm guessing it's for Quebec. Is it correct? We filed our file by ourselves and it said after we received AIP, we can apply for Quebec. I started to have doubts about this now... Does anybody have an answer? :(

It feels like the process is so long... and reading this thread really helps me to be patient and encouragement from all of you!

Have a nice day!

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
canadianyogini said:
Hi,

I'm not sure anybody asked same question as I am... I'm sorry if I missed the thread for it.
We are applying PR from Montreal Quebec and we submitted the application on September. They received the application on September 20th and I recently got a letter from the office saying they transferred our file to Mississauga.

I was looking through the Spreadsheet (I joined this forum today) and I found the section of CSQ. I'm guessing it's for Quebec. Is it correct? We filed our file by ourselves and it said after we received AIP, we can apply for Quebec. I started to have doubts about this now... Does anybody have an answer? :(

It feels like the process is so long... and reading this thread really helps me to be patient and encouragement from all of you!

Have a nice day!
As far as I know, after you mail your application , you should receive a letter from CIC asking you to submit your CSQ . you then send this letter to Quebec government ,they will issue you CSQ which you need to mail it to CIC. this process should take 2 to 3 months from the moment you mail your App to CIC.
Someone to correct me please

canadianyogini

Mar 15, 2014
Smsm81 said:
As far as I know, after you mail your application , you should receive a letter from CIC asking you to submit your CSQ . you then send this letter to Quebec government ,they will issue you CSQ which you need to mail it to CIC. this process should take 2 to 3 months from the moment you mail your App to CIC.
Someone to correct me please
Wow. Thank you of your reply!

I didn't know that at all. I actually haven't received AOR but in my web status it said they received the my application in September 20th. I haven't received anything saying from CIC that I need to submit CSQ... In the meantime, I have TRV and I sent my application along with OWP. If anyone went though the same process, please help me!

Thank you!

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
canadianyogini said:
Wow. Thank you of your reply!

I didn't know that at all. I actually haven't received AOR but in my web status it said they received the my application in September 20th. I haven't received anything saying from CIC that I need to submit CSQ... In the meantime, I have TRV and I sent my application along with OWP. If anyone went though the same process, please help me!

Thank you!
Have a look here it will help you to understand how the process happen.
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/sponsors-sponsored/apply/sponsorship-application.html