20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
minime# said:
Can someone post me a link to apply for a open work permit pls thank u
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

Try that minime.. you can apply online too and it only takes 2 weeks for the processing!

canadianyogini

Mar 15, 2014
Smsm81 said:
Have a look here it will help you to understand how the process happen.
Thank you! I read it... I'm gonna call CIC office to make sure that I need to apply for CSQ after AIP. I wish they state everything clear on one page so we don't need to look through different websites... sigh...!

MaxLet

May 28, 2013
Prevost, Qc
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (Now Montreal)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
Doc's Request.
CIC ask for MICC: 14-03-13
Nomination.....
CSQ: 09-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
Med's Request
07-01-14
Med's Done....
09-01-14
Interview........
WAIVED!+AIP 07-01-14
Passport Req..
DM: 28-02-14
LANDED..........
15-05-2014
canadianyogini said:
Hi,

I'm not sure anybody asked same question as I am... I'm sorry if I missed the thread for it.
We are applying PR from Montreal Quebec and we submitted the application on September. They received the application on September 20th and I recently got a letter from the office saying they transferred our file to Mississauga.

I was looking through the Spreadsheet (I joined this forum today) and I found the section of CSQ. I'm guessing it's for Quebec. Is it correct? We filed our file by ourselves and it said after we received AIP, we can apply for Quebec. I started to have doubts about this now... Does anybody have an answer? :(

It feels like the process is so long... and reading this thread really helps me to be patient and encouragement from all of you!

Have a nice day!
Hi @canadianyogini , Im a Quebec applicant myself. I've just finished the hole process and now waiting for landing :D (thanks God!) So hey, if you have any doubts you can ask me :) so, hey. about your question.
When I applied, my husband got an email (all our cic correspondance has been through emails) "we have received your application for sponsorship.. blah blah blah" -AOR, and 20 days after that we got another letter that said "We have started to proccess your application for sponsorship and we realized you are a Quebec applicant, in order to continue the processing, you will have to contact le Ministere d'immigration et des Communautes culturelles du Quebec (MICC) for a CSQ"

So, I went to the MICC website and download the application that is pretty much about the sponsor and just a few questions about the applicant. And when i finished, I printed the email from CIC requesting csq, I join it to the application and I throw in a few things that werent requiere but that I found relevant (marriage certificate, a few pics (no more than 10)) and sent it to quebec.
They will send you an approuval back on the MAIL (snail mail-regular mail) cuz MICC does not send emails as cic does. It doesnt take long for an answer.. ill say max 2 months in the worst case scenario! Once you get it back, you will have TWO COPIES of the csq, one says IMMIGRATION CANADA and the other says REQUERANT (on the bottom right). and the UNDERTAKE (which is a copy of your application signed by a MICC officer, KEEP THAT cuz you'll need it to land)

Now, the two copies, obviously one is for you (you'll need it for ramq (quebec inssurance) and other tramits), the other one (immigration) some people say dont sent it back cuz quebec communicates with cic and they have probably already sent a copy of it. BUT in my case, better be safe, so I DID sent the CSQ copy (immigration in the bottom) back to cic, with a letter indicating my uci number.

After that you have to wait for AIP. I believe (seniors correct if im wrong) that YOU NEED the CSQ to get AIP. Cuz AIP is the evaluation of the sponsor, and Quebec DOES evaluate your sponsor, so... the faster you do MICC, the faster youll get AIP, so if you havent get order to do it by cic but you got AOR already, call them immediately and ask them why you havent received the letter (or email) requesting CSQ, they know you need that to go to MICC.

if you have further questions, let me know, i might be of help :)

God bless and Good luck!

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
Linden said:
If you are just claiming benefits from supporting a dependent the dependent does not need to file a return. If the partner has other deductions like tuition credits etc., then yes the partner needs to file a tax return.
There are several reasons why someone with no income would still want to file. However the two most major ones are:
1. GST rebate. Yes, even with $0 income, you can still be eligible for the GST rebate cheques in the mail. These total about $500 throughout the year or so.
2. If you want citizenship ever, there can be no gaps in your income taxes, even if you had $0. You must report it.

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
MaxLet said:
Hi @ canadianyogini , Im a Quebec applicant myself. I've just finished the hole process and now waiting for landing :D (thanks God!) So hey, if you have any doubts you can ask me :) so, hey. about your question.
When I applied, my husband got an email (all our cic correspondance has been through emails) "we have received your application for sponsorship.. blah blah blah" -AOR, and 20 days after that we got another letter that said "We have started to proccess your application for sponsorship and we realized you are a Quebec applicant, in order to continue the processing, you will have to contact le Ministere d'immigration et des Communautes culturelles du Quebec (MICC) for a CSQ"

So, I went to the MICC website and download the application that is pretty much about the sponsor and just a few questions about the applicant. And when i finished, I printed the email from CIC requesting csq, I join it to the application and I throw in a few things that werent requiere but that I found relevant (marriage certificate, a few pics (no more than 10)) and sent it to quebec.
They will send you an approuval back on the MAIL (snail mail-regular mail) cuz MICC does not send emails as cic does. It doesnt take long for an answer.. ill say max 2 months in the worst case scenario! Once you get it back, you will have TWO COPIES of the csq, one says IMMIGRATION CANADA and the other says REQUERANT (on the bottom right). and the UNDERTAKE (which is a copy of your application signed by a MICC officer, KEEP THAT cuz you'll need it to land)

Now, the two copies, obviously one is for you (you'll need it for ramq (quebec inssurance) and other tramits), the other one (immigration) some people say dont sent it back cuz quebec communicates with cic and they have probably already sent a copy of it. BUT in my case, better be safe, so I DID sent the CSQ copy (immigration in the bottom) back to cic, with a letter indicating my uci number.

After that you have to wait for AIP. I believe (seniors correct if im wrong) that YOU NEED the CSQ to get AIP. Cuz AIP is the evaluation of the sponsor, and Quebec DOES evaluate your sponsor, so... the faster you do MICC, the faster youll get AIP, so if you havent get order to do it by cic but you got AOR already, call them immediately and ask them why you havent received the letter (or email) requesting CSQ, they know you need that to go to MICC.

if you have further questions, let me know, i might be of help :)

God bless and Good luck!
Congrats :D
Thanks for details .

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
Guys is it better to provide one email address for both sponsor and the sponsored one or two different emails?

MaxLet

May 28, 2013
Prevost, Qc
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
Med's Request
07-01-14
Med's Done....
09-01-14
Interview........
WAIVED!+AIP 07-01-14
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
15-05-2014
Smsm81 said:
Guys is it better to provide one email address for both sponsor and the sponsored one or two different emails?
hi! :)
hey hubby and I have only one email (actually he has one but never checks it so even for his bank account or anything he always gives mine)
I actually think its better to give one. well in my case cuz I knew that if i gave my hubby's i wil never know i got anything hahahaha

:) i do think too, that sharing the email address is a small proof of trust in the couple so .. should help.. i guess :D is my opinion .

God bless and Good luck!

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
MaxLet said:
hi! :)
hey hubby and I have only one email (actually he has one but never checks it so even for his bank account or anything he always gives mine)
I actually think its better to give one. well in my case cuz I knew that if i gave my hubby's i wil never know i got anything hahahaha

:) i do think too, that sharing the email address is a small proof of trust in the couple so .. should help.. i guess :D is my opinion .

God bless and Good luck!
I thought so :)
I read that officers are required to send two emails,sometimes they only send one to the sponsor ,that is why I wanted to ask :D.
Did you apply for tax last year? with or without SIN?

MaxLet

May 28, 2013
Prevost, Qc
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
Med's Request
07-01-14
Med's Done....
09-01-14
Interview........
WAIVED!+AIP 07-01-14
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
15-05-2014
Smsm81 said:
I thought so :)
I read that officers are required to send two emails,sometimes they only send one to the sponsor ,that is why I wanted to ask :D.
Did you apply for tax last year? with or without SIN?
Hi!
Well, i honestly dont understand much about taxes. I do not have a SIN number (i enter canada as a student and stay without status till now)
BUT my hubby's mom is an accountant, and she does the family taxes, she included me as soon as we started living together (2010), to be recognaised as person in charge. I really dont now how she did it? but i had to gave her all my documents. So every year i appear in hubbys taxes, he gets a return or something like that, from both gouv (quebec and canada).
Ill love to be of more help but i really dont understand taxes.. :( sorry! thats all i know! we normally leave it in her hands...

Good luck, and God bless

sanda

Star Member
Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-May-2013
AOR Received.
09-May-2013
LANDED..........
15-March-2014
I landed in Vancouver yesterday.
It was typical Vancouver weather – raining, but so happy to be part of residents, not temporary but permanent, in this country.
My partner and I celebrated this memorial day with sushi dinner ;)

I leave some points about my landing.

- My appointment was 1PM. We arrived there 10 min before.
There was a reception and I handed on the landing letter and RPRF payment receipt.

- There were a lot of people in the waiting area. All seats were taken.
There were about 60~70 people and 20~30 people came in after us.
But some of them seemed for citizenship (test or ceremony or both, I was not sure).
So I guessed PR-to-be people were around 70.

- A male officer explained about CoPR, PR card, maintaining PR in front of us.

- There were counters, 4 officers were ready, where were the place for the interview. It was not in a room, but over the counter.

- Officers called applicant’s name manually, no speaker, no informational board, no such a thing.

- The PR applicants seemed all category mixed up.
I somehow thought the interview was for only family class but the girl I talked with for a while applied as a refugee.

- It took me 2 hours to be called by an officer in the counter. I guessed this is the order of reception.
The female officer was not that friendly but had professional attitude.
The interview was about for 5~10 min. It was basically same as what Mrs_Canuck reported us.

That was like this! I received a few documents including CoPR and some of them were kind of big.
I didn’t want to fold the sheet so I wished I brought a bigger bag. But I eventually fold them at home to store nicely. :D

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
Hi Fellow 2013'ers,

It's been a while since I posted last and I just wanted to say without this forum and support I would be pretty lost, so thanks!

I am thankfully almost done the whole process and just waiting on my landing letter in Vancouver!

We all are or have been through this long ordeal and it helps to know people on this forum understand and may be able to help us through our situations.

Keep the positivity, empathy, sympathy and compassion alive here and we can all get through this together :).

All the best,

AckTivity

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
Doc's Request.
13-01-2014 (mailed 24-01-2014)
Nomination.....
AIP: 17-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2014
Med's Done....
21-01-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
LANDED..........
23-02-2015
sanda said:
The female officer was not that friendly but had professional attitude.
The same with the officer we met with to get my temporary SIN. I was all happy and bubbly but she just was matter of fact. Never rude, but just didn't seem to get caught up in our happiness. The woman at the registries was much happier for us. ;)

sanda

Star Member
Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-May-2013
AOR Received.
09-May-2013
LANDED..........
15-March-2014
AckTivity said:
The same with the officer we met with to get my temporary SIN. I was all happy and bubbly but she just was matter of fact. Never rude, but just didn't seem to get caught up in our happiness. The woman at the registries was much happier for us. ;)
I actually had very unpleasant experience to get my temp SIN with OWP.
I was also happy, bubbly, and wonderful feeling grabbing a piece of paper.

But the officer was literary matter of fact, plus she was frustrated from the beginning and I gradually felt it was toward me.
I ended up asking why she was so mad and she said that a printer in the office wasn't working properly that makes her irritated. WTF ??? ??
Anyway she was not even professional.

I told my partner what happened to me that day and he said I just don't know how to deal with government people. :'(
Oh well, I got a lesson..