06-02-2013
AOR Received.
11-02-2013
Med's Request
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
Been here since 2011 - PR on 28/05/2015
emmisocks said:
This is good to know. We were planning on submitting the OWP with our immigration application anyway. So from what I understand here, if we submit all our forms (OWP and PR app) on June 6 and they're received June 7, I will have the implied status?

So if we submit all our forms and wait for them to start processing our stuff, we could send the medical in then? Or should we just wait for them to request the medical?
Hi emmisocks,
I'm sending in my OWP separately as I forgot. Here's a useful link: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forgot-to-include-owp-application-with-inland-spousal-app-t109506.0.html;msg1582942#msg1582942

As for implied status? I'm on a visitor record ( don't need a visa as I'm British). So just to be on the safe side I keep renweing the visitor record every 6 months. That way there is no ambiguity, I've kept my status here legal.

dawlex

Star Member
Aug 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Feb-2013
AOR Received.
06-Mar-2013
File Transfer...
07-Mar-2013 <br><i>- to Vancouver CIC (BRO)</i>
Med's Request
16-May-2013<br><i>- sent with original application</i>
Med's Done....
11-Jan-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2013 (at Local CIC) <br><i> - AIP verbally approved at interview !! </i><br>AIP & OWP Rec'd: 10-May-2013<br>RCMP Check Req'd: 02-Aug-2013 <br><i>- sent 14-Aug-2013</i><br>DM: Rec'd letter 24-Oct-2013 <br><i>- letter dated 21-Oct-2012</i><br>Landing Interview/PR Rec'd: 12-Nov-2013<br>Rec'd PR card in mail: 18-01-2012
UKZippy said:
HI everyone,
Here's a heads-up for those in my situation. For immigration purposes you cant apply for PR on common-law until you have been such for a year. For tax purposes you are classed as common-law the day you started living together.

Here's the minefield: my spouse changed her marital status to common-law on 2012 tax return. As she was a single mother, numerous govm'nt tax credits were recieved. Now they have stopped and all payments must be returned for 2011 and 2012.

So we inform them that I am not allowed to work - no work permit and my spouse is the sole earner, nothing financially has changed.

The tax office wants proof of this by my submitting a canadian tax reurn for 2011 and 2012. Thats fine I say, 2 years full of zero's. Ahhhh, you need a social insurance number to file taxes, you can only get one if you have a work permit. So you need to apply for an Individual Tax Number ( ITN). Oh Oh, you cant get one until you've been refused a S.I.N. number. So you have to go to that federal office and get a rejection letter and send it off with your I.T.N application. All this will take about four months. Guess it's bread and water for us and the kids for now lol

So when applying inland it seems nothing is easy and especially so as we now have to deal with 2 different Federal departments who don't know how each other work and all the conflicting advise and instructions are overwhelming!

Anyway, have a great week everyone!

( oh and I forgot to include my OWP application with our sponsorship forms, theres another explination letter to write and a dent on the bank account lol )

Don't u just loooove CRA. I am dealing with the exact same thing right now for the last 2 months. We already sent in his 2011 and 2012 tax returns, plus his world income statement... they called yesterday and now want a 2010 tax return... If your spouse EVER had a SIN in Canada for a work permit... you can use that old sin# (it should start with a 9 - as it would have been a temporary SIN while they were here working) It will work and you won't have to go thru getting the TTN.
Also, just fyi... once your spouse lands, they will just reissue them that same old SIN# but will change the first number to a 5 (or 6).
Good luck.. it's a huge headache dealing with CRA to fix this.

UKZippy

Star Member
Dec 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2013
AOR Received.
11-02-2013
Med's Request
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
Been here since 2011 - PR on 28/05/2015
dawlex said:
Don't u just loooove CRA. I am dealing with the exact same thing right now for the last 2 months. We already sent in his 2011 and 2012 tax returns, plus his world income statement... they called yesterday and now want a 2010 tax return... If your spouse EVER had a SIN in Canada for a work permit... you can use that old sin# (it should start with a 9 - as it would have been a temporary SIN while they were here working) It will work and you won't have to go thru getting the TTN.
Also, just fyi... once your spouse lands, they will just reissue them that same old SIN# but will change the first number to a 5 (or 6).
Good luck.. it's a huge headache dealing with CRA to fix this.
Hi dawlex,

Thanks for the info, at least I'm not alone in this. My spouse is Canadian and so has a S.I.N. She has always lived in Canada. So I'm hoping this situation will be resolved quickly!

MaxLet

May 28, 2013
Prevost, Qc
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (Now Montreal)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
Doc's Request.
CIC ask for MICC: 14-03-13
Nomination.....
CSQ: 09-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
Med's Request
07-01-14
Med's Done....
09-01-14
Interview........
WAIVED!+AIP 07-01-14
Passport Req..
DM: 28-02-14
LANDED..........
15-05-2014
Hi everyone! My first post here after long hours reading you. Hey Dawlex could you let us know what do they asked u and ur hubby at the interview? I find my case a bit similar to yours cause u said ur hubby has been out of status for 2years now... I've been out of it for 8months and im freaking out thinking if they will use that against me in a potential interview, plus, im so amazed how things have gone pretty fast for u being inland!!
We have almost none age difference. He's 25 im 23. He's canadien citizen (total quebequer!!!!) me, im peruvian. We have been happily married since july 22th, 2011 (almost 2 years) we've no kids (well, a poodle and two ferrets)... I lost my student status on july 31th 2012. Dont know if this is a redflag...when we call (after i lost my status) to know if i could apply inland or if it was better to be outland, the agent told my hubby to apply inland since im already here and that my lack of status will be overseen if we met all the other requirements which we believe we do. When we got the AoR we called again to verify my "non status" situation and they told my hubby that if they had already give us AoR plus sent us to Quebec, then we were in the right path and the officer probably consider our file to be ok to continue.
I send the criminal records from my country's police depparmnt with finger prints and all, sign by the consul here and minister over there so i guess ill b fine with those? I havent done the medicals yet cuz i dont want them to expire on the waiting. Should i do it now since (i feel) our file is advance?
Thanks for reading me guys! Hope to get an answer soon... Best wishes to all of you on ur app!

Here's our timeline so far:
Application send (vegreville): march 4, 2013
AoR and start processing+indications to go to quebec: march 20, 2013
File sent to quebec: april 12, 2013
Csq approved: may 9, 2013
Csq received on mail: may 14, 2013
Csq sent to cic vegreville: may 19, 2013
Now waiting...

folks-g

Star Member
Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/05/2013
Doc's Request.
OWP with app
Nomination.....
AIP/OWP JAN 29 2014
AOR Received.
05/06/2013
IELTS Request
docs requested jan 29
Med's Done....
15/05/2013
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ maxlet welcom to the fourm i think that wolanila is in charge of the spreadsheet and u will be added shortly about your medicals since you did not included them in your application you should wait for cic to request them. there have been members on this forum who included it in their app and it expired and they got an extension by cic I submitted my app last week and I also included my medicals.the fact that you have been married for close to two years is a very strong indication that your relationship is genuine so don not worry about it being out of status is not gonna be a problem with you inland application.

mrsc08

Star Member
May 26, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2013
Doc's Request.
09-01-2014
AOR Received.
21-03-2013
Med's Request
09-01-2014
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
AIP: 23-03-2014
Can someone please include me in the spreadsheet. I have submitted my app for an OWP same time I submitted our spousal application. I didn't do my medical yet as I don't want it to expire.

App submitted: March 7, 2013
App received: March 8, 2013
Processing started: March 20, 2013

HandM

Jul 8, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 2012
If we plan to order GCMS notes but we have a lawyer, does it make a difference or is there something different I need to do? I know my lawyer isn't that great and he will tell me to wait a few months but I want to order them myself, so can I do that even though I have a representative, and do I need to note that down anywhere in the form when I order GCMS notes?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
HandM said:
If we plan to order GCMS notes but we have a lawyer, does it make a difference or is there something different I need to do? I know my lawyer isn't that great and he will tell me to wait a few months but I want to order them myself, so can I do that even though I have a representative, and do I need to note that down anywhere in the form when I order GCMS notes?
You don't need to do anything. If you want to allow your lawyer to order the notes, you have to sign a document allowing disclosure to him. You don't need to tell them you have a representative - you're just asking for information they are legally obligated to provide to you.

emmisocks

Feb 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
UKZippy said:
Hi emmisocks,
I'm sending in my OWP separately as I forgot. Here's a useful link: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forgot-to-include-owp-application-with-inland-spousal-app-t109506.0.html;msg1582942#msg1582942

As for implied status? I'm on a visitor record ( don't need a visa as I'm British). So just to be on the safe side I keep renweing the visitor record every 6 months. That way there is no ambiguity, I've kept my status here legal.
Okay, so I think a little more clarification is in order here. My passport was stamped for June 9th. Would sending in my OWP with my inland application before that date grant me implied status, or would I be better off applying for an extension as a visitor just to be safe before we send in the OWP and PR stuff? Would I still be able to apply to extend my stay as a visitor so close to when I'm supposed to leave?

Nigea

Star Member
Jun 17, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/12/2012
AOR Received.
29/01/2013
File Transfer...
DM Oct. 31
Med's Done....
23/11/2012
LANDED..........
10/12/2013
As long as they receive it before June 9 you are safe. According to CIC the OWP with PR application is sufficient to give you implied status. That being said we applied for both. Probably a waste of money but I thought better safe than sorry.

emmisocks

Feb 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
Thanks for the input, Nigea! My husband and I just talked about it and we decided to go with the visitor extension for now. Otherwise we'd be really rushed to get our immigration forms put together and sent out by the 9th. The visitor extension can be sent out later today and we'd rather be safe than sorry.

ArtSnow

Star Member
May 2, 2013
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
12-03-2013
Doc's Request.
14-01-2014
AOR Received.
20-03-2013
Med's Request
02-02-2015
Med's Done....
07-01-2013
Interview........
05-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
MaxLet said:
Hi everyone! My first post here after long hours reading you. Hey Dawlex could you let us know what do they asked u and ur hubby at the interview? I find my case a bit similar to yours cause u said ur hubby has been out of status for 2years now... I've been out of it for 8months and im freaking out thinking if they will use that against me in a potential interview, plus, im so amazed how things have gone pretty fast for u being inland!!
We have almost none age difference. He's 25 im 23. He's canadien citizen (total quebequer!!!!) me, im peruvian. We have been happily married since july 22th, 2011 (almost 2 years) we've no kids (well, a poodle and two ferrets)... I lost my student status on july 31th 2012. Dont know if this is a redflag...when we call (after i lost my status) to know if i could apply inland or if it was better to be outland, the agent told my hubby to apply inland since im already here and that my lack of status will be overseen if we met all the other requirements which we believe we do. When we got the AoR we called again to verify my "non status" situation and they told my hubby that if they had already give us AoR plus sent us to Quebec, then we were in the right path and the officer probably consider our file to be ok to continue.
I send the criminal records from my country's police depparmnt with finger prints and all, sign by the consul here and minister over there so i guess ill b fine with those? I havent done the medicals yet cuz i dont want them to expire on the waiting. Should i do it now since (i feel) our file is advance?
Thanks for reading me guys! Hope to get an answer soon... Best wishes to all of you on ur app!

Here's our timeline so far:
Application send (vegreville): march 4, 2013
AoR and start processing+indications to go to quebec: march 20, 2013
File sent to quebec: april 12, 2013
Csq approved: may 9, 2013
Csq received on mail: may 14, 2013
Csq sent to cic vegreville: may 19, 2013
Now waiting...
Hi there, from my own experience and knowledge.
I've been in Canada since Dec 2009, lost any status in Jun 2010 due to CIC and their antics about some passport copies. It was too late to go back home so I stayed. We got married in Nov2010.
I got some advice from a immigration lawyer before sending our sponsor app, this inland applying law was only created because of illegal immigrants like us, that end up working illegal and never have a chance of becoming residents. The government was losing way too much money in taxes because of this, so they opened this "exception" to out of status people that are married or have 1 year of commom in law.
I go even further and tell you guys this, you don't need to send OWP for the implied status, when it comes to family class sponsorship, the moment you send the app and have a postal office receipt with your tracking number you have implied status already.
It may be revoked if the you don't get your AOR.
You have AOR, you have implied status, in my case, I always carry with me a print of my AOR letter that has the UCI and file number on it, it's the only thing preventing them from deporting me.
I had to show it once to the authorities and they knew what it was.
You are not illegal the moment you're trying to become legal and you're waiting, and of course if you meet the necessary requirements.
Now, one thing I tell you, the immigration people are really anal here and if one of them is having a bad day or didn't had sex the night before :D, they might come after you because of this, as we immigrants became very good finding loopholes to try things our way, so they became really good finding theirs to cause us trouble. Because of that, and even knowing all of this, I sent my OPW application, done the meds and sent as well and finally, I payed for everything as well, including the right of permanent resident, it took us almost 4 months to save all that money but at least I sleep much more relaxed...
Regardless of what I stated at the beginning, I would advise everybody to do the same...
Good Luck

folks-g

Star Member
Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/05/2013
Doc's Request.
OWP with app
Nomination.....
AIP/OWP JAN 29 2014
AOR Received.
05/06/2013
IELTS Request
docs requested jan 29
Med's Done....
15/05/2013
hi there artsnow interesting post I think that the visa officers have a job to do and they should not let issues of their personal lives affect any decision regarding our application

ArtSnow

Star Member
May 2, 2013
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
12-03-2013
Doc's Request.
14-01-2014
AOR Received.
20-03-2013
Med's Request
02-02-2015
Med's Done....
07-01-2013
Interview........
05-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
Hi, please, I didn't meant to be rude.
It was just humorous, I have the utmost respect for their job and I can only imagine how hard these people work.
I don't even know if I could execute their job, at least have the patience to execute it.
If it offends anyone I edit the post.
Peace
I wrote that because it seems like that sometimes, I know someone that applied inland and as soon as they knew he had a warrant for child support not payed in his country, even after proving the child was with him here in Canada and it was just a civil divorce matter, they gave him hell, they would call him on a Monday morning and if he wasn't at home, he had to make sure that he could prove he was NOT working, they would call his Canadian wife and conduct KGB alike questioning, it was... let's say, harsh.
On the other hand I know this other girl that was here illegal for almost 2 years, out of status, got a job offer, positive LMO and she got an inland applied work permit in less than 3 months...
So, it's like Russian Roulette, one never knows...

minime#

Aug 3, 2012
Hey everyone it's been awhile since i've visited this forum.......hope everyone's application going smoothly.....hope to hear more positive news on this end.....take care!!!!