Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
Wonderful, that's everything I needed to know for now! Thank you for your help!

mrsc08

Star Member
May 26, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2013
Doc's Request.
09-01-2014
AOR Received.
21-03-2013
Med's Request
09-01-2014
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
AIP: 23-03-2014
Hello everyone! Can I join this group and the spreadsheet pls. We submitted our app on March 7, 2013. My hubby received an email confirming the receipt of our app on March 8. I checked out status online and it says they started processing our app on March 20th. I also included my app for OWP. I'm here on a work permit and my permit doesn't expire until November 2013. I figured my OWP will be out before my work permit expires. :)

LaylaLala

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
13-Feb2013
Med's Request
17-Nov-2013
Med's Done....
4-Dec-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
29-Apr-2014
Thank you once again ArtSnow! Canusa31, I believe we are good to stay. As I've read many times, an "implied visitor status" is "granted", although not in paper. So yeah, just like yourself, "I ain't goibg anywhere" LOL I think we're good. ;)

LaylaLala

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
13-Feb2013
Med's Request
17-Nov-2013
Med's Done....
4-Dec-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
29-Apr-2014
PS

I can't believe they're still working on October 8th applications!!! What's going on!!? Does anybody know? This is ridiculous. :mad: :( :'(

CANUSA31

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
05-01-2013
^ I know this is getting silly! I'm hoping whoever is responsible to updated it had made some sort of mistake because if not that 6 months is going to turn into 7 or 8 pretty soon!

sidon17

Star Member
May 23, 2013
wolanila said:
Happy winter solstice everyone, it is December 22, 2012 and the world is still here :) We are coming into the new year and I thought this would be a good time to start a 2013 inland application thread as I have already seen many posts that are preparing there application for the new year. A warm welcome to all new applicants and please come and share your questions and experiences here.
=======
-First of all when it comes to Immigration this is the best knowledge source.........

Just a quick Question..
I m eligible to apply under CEC..i haven't started the process yet..i m planning to get married soon.
My concern is waiting time ..Should i apply for my PR under CEC as single or Married i would like to see my wife here in canada ASAP..
Should i hold my application get married then ask her to apply for visitor ,OPW but what are the chance ..
or i should apply PR for both of us together..in that case she will have to wait till the PR ..or she can get a visa while PR application in process..

Thanks in advance..Please help..

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
emmisocks said:
Are you granted implied visitor status as soon as your application is sent, as soon as it's received, or as soon as your application starts being processed?
Hey emmisocks,

As I understand it, and someone more knowledgeable please correct me if I'm wrong, you only get implied status if you apply to extend/change your visa. Applying for PR is not applying to extend, but applying for an OWP is. So, if you want the implied status, you need to apply for the OWP, not just PR. The website says you get the implied status as soon as you "submit" your application, so I would assume that means as soon as your OWP application is received.

Oh, and as for the medicals, either send them with your application or wait and send them later, but don't send them before your application is in process, as you won't have the application number and the chance of them getting lost is higher. Once you have the number it shouldn't be a problem.

Cheers!

UKZippy

Star Member
Dec 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2013
AOR Received.
11-02-2013
Med's Request
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
Been here since 2011 - PR on 28/05/2015
HI everyone,
Here's a heads-up for those in my situation. For immigration purposes you cant apply for PR on common-law until you have been such for a year. For tax purposes you are classed as common-law the day you started living together.

Here's the minefield: my spouse changed her marital status to common-law on 2012 tax return. As she was a single mother, numerous govm'nt tax credits were recieved. Now they have stopped and all payments must be returned for 2011 and 2012.

So we inform them that I am not allowed to work - no work permit and my spouse is the sole earner, nothing financially has changed.

The tax office wants proof of this by my submitting a canadian tax reurn for 2011 and 2012. Thats fine I say, 2 years full of zero's. Ahhhh, you need a social insurance number to file taxes, you can only get one if you have a work permit. So you need to apply for an Individual Tax Number ( ITN). Oh Oh, you cant get one until you've been refused a S.I.N. number. So you have to go to that federal office and get a rejection letter and send it off with your I.T.N application. All this will take about four months. Guess it's bread and water for us and the kids for now lol

So when applying inland it seems nothing is easy and especially so as we now have to deal with 2 different Federal departments who don't know how each other work and all the conflicting advise and instructions are overwhelming!

Anyway, have a great week everyone!

( oh and I forgot to include my OWP application with our sponsorship forms, theres another explination letter to write and a dent on the bank account lol )

folks-g

Star Member
Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/05/2013
Doc's Request.
OWP with app
Nomination.....
AIP/OWP JAN 29 2014
AOR Received.
05/06/2013
IELTS Request
docs requested jan 29
Med's Done....
15/05/2013
hey guys after doin some reading and talking I just wanna share some thoughts on this forum and feel free to correct me or offer ur take on the issue ....as many of u hv notice on the cic website they hv been stuck on October 8 applicant for over two months now however before the site used to be updated every week and it was moving very quickly.well I believe that at this point they are trying to finish a lot of if not all the pre October 25th applicants because they wuld not qualify for conditional pr.... what we need to understand is dt a huge part of the vo job n time is determining weather a relationship is genuine or not ...so in my opinion logic wuld suggest one of the advantages of the new rules is it kinda lift dt burden from the vo because if sum happens then the pr can easily be revoked I mean if a realationship is not genuine it will be over in less than two years ...so wat am saying is dt all the post October 25th applicants do not worry because I think dt when the date changes its gonna move very quickly.....this new law was a good idear n I think dt it will help genuine applicants get speedy approval. I also think dt there are less applicants due to this new rule.......so guys hang in there its just a matter of time!!!!! so tell me wat u guys think

laura8388

Star Member
Mar 25, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2013
AOR Received.
03-04-2013
Med's Done....
06-03-2013
Hi folks-g, if by 'dt' in your message you mean 'that', then yes I would like to agree :) Would be nice if that were true!
This forum is great to get opinions from others and see some real time lines!

I have a question for you all. I sent my PR application in March, which had many photos/letters/gift receipts/trips together, as well as photos from the wedding ceremony in , but since sending it, we went to New Zealand :Dfor our 'reception' so have many more pictures.... as well as other proofs I have found. Should I now also send them in? If so, how? Where do i send/what do I send with it? Or should I wait and see if they ask for more?
Opinions please :)

Nigea

Star Member
Jun 17, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/12/2012
AOR Received.
29/01/2013
File Transfer...
DM Oct. 31
Med's Done....
23/11/2012
LANDED..........
10/12/2013
UKZippy said:
HI everyone,
Here's a heads-up for those in my situation. For immigration purposes you cant apply for PR on common-law until you have been such for a year. For tax purposes you are classed as common-law the day you started living together.

Here's the minefield: my spouse changed her marital status to common-law on 2012 tax return. As she was a single mother, numerous govm'nt tax credits were recieved. Now they have stopped and all payments must be returned for 2011 and 2012.

So we inform them that I am not allowed to work - no work permit and my spouse is the sole earner, nothing financially has changed.

The tax office wants proof of this by my submitting a canadian tax reurn for 2011 and 2012. Thats fine I say, 2 years full of zero's. Ahhhh, you need a social insurance number to file taxes, you can only get one if you have a work permit. So you need to apply for an Individual Tax Number ( ITN). Oh Oh, you cant get one until you've been refused a S.I.N. number. So you have to go to that federal office and get a rejection letter and send it off with your I.T.N application. All this will take about four months. Guess it's bread and water for us and the kids for now lol

So when applying inland it seems nothing is easy and especially so as we now have to deal with 2 different Federal departments who don't know how each other work and all the conflicting advise and instructions are overwhelming!

Anyway, have a great week everyone!

( oh and I forgot to include my OWP application with our sponsorship forms, theres another explination letter to write and a dent on the bank account lol )
UKzippy..... here is the form to get a ITN http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pbg/tf/t1261/ send that in and you will get a temporary tax number. You do not need to get a rejection letter. Also for the CCTB send them a letter stating your world income for the past 3 years. They will place all payments on hold untill they receive the info and recalculate your payments. You will then get a full refund when they process your payments again

folks-g

Star Member
Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/05/2013
Doc's Request.
OWP with app
Nomination.....
AIP/OWP JAN 29 2014
AOR Received.
05/06/2013
IELTS Request
docs requested jan 29
Med's Done....
15/05/2013
@laura8388 yes dt means that ....lol i think that you should wait in oder to send the photos it just might slow it down i lil if they request additional information then forward it but until the i think that you should wait.do you already hv ur client id #?

laura8388

Star Member
Mar 25, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2013
AOR Received.
03-04-2013
Med's Done....
06-03-2013
Yep, got my client iD number in an email, so can log in, it just says "in progress" :)
Thanks!

UKZippy

Star Member
Dec 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2013
AOR Received.
11-02-2013
Med's Request
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
Been here since 2011 - PR on 28/05/2015
Nigea said:
UKzippy..... here is the form to get a ITN http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pbg/tf/t1261/ send that in and you will get a temporary tax number. You do not need to get a rejection letter. Also for the CCTB send them a letter stating your world income for the past 3 years. They will place all payments on hold untill they receive the info and recalculate your payments. You will then get a full refund when they process your payments again
Thanks Nigea,

Posted the form today along with supporting documents etc. Here's hoping for a quick resoloution.

emmisocks

Feb 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
AchankengCrawford said:
Hey emmisocks,

As I understand it, and someone more knowledgeable please correct me if I'm wrong, you only get implied status if you apply to extend/change your visa. Applying for PR is not applying to extend, but applying for an OWP is. So, if you want the implied status, you need to apply for the OWP, not just PR. The website says you get the implied status as soon as you "submit" your application, so I would assume that means as soon as your OWP application is received.
This is good to know. We were planning on submitting the OWP with our immigration application anyway. So from what I understand here, if we submit all our forms (OWP and PR app) on June 6 and they're received June 7, I will have the implied status?

AchankengCrawford said:
Oh, and as for the medicals, either send them with your application or wait and send them later, but don't send them before your application is in process, as you won't have the application number and the chance of them getting lost is higher. Once you have the number it shouldn't be a problem.

Cheers!
So if we submit all our forms and wait for them to start processing our stuff, we could send the medical in then? Or should we just wait for them to request the medical?