Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
05-01-2013
still no updates on the CIC website...this is starting to get really silly if you ask me.

LaylaLala

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
13-Feb2013
Med's Request
17-Nov-2013
Med's Done....
4-Dec-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
29-Apr-2014
ArtSnow said:
Hi there, from my own experience and knowledge.
I've been in Canada since Dec 2009, lost any status in Jun 2010 due to CIC and their antics about some passport copies. It was too late to go back home so I stayed. We got married in Nov2010.
I got some advice from a immigration lawyer before sending our sponsor app, this inland applying law was only created because of illegal immigrants like us, that end up working illegal and never have a chance of becoming residents. The government was losing way too much money in taxes because of this, so they opened this "exception" to out of status people that are married or have 1 year of commom in law.
I go even further and tell you guys this, you don't need to send OWP for the implied status, when it comes to family class sponsorship, the moment you send the app and have a postal office receipt with your tracking number you have implied status already.
It may be revoked if the you don't get your AOR.
You have AOR, you have implied status, in my case, I always carry with me a print of my AOR letter that has the UCI and file number on it, it's the only thing preventing them from deporting me.
I had to show it once to the authorities and they knew what it was.
You are not illegal the moment you're trying to become legal and you're waiting, and of course if you meet the necessary requirements.
Now, one thing I tell you, the immigration people are really anal here and if one of them is having a bad day or didn't had sex the night before :D, they might come after you because of this, as we immigrants became very good finding loopholes to try things our way, so they became really good finding theirs to cause us trouble. Because of that, and even knowing all of this, I sent my OPW application, done the meds and sent as well and finally, I payed for everything as well, including the right of permanent resident, it took us almost 4 months to save all that money but at least I sleep much more relaxed...
Regardless of what I stated at the beginning, I would advise everybody to do the same...
Good Luck
Hey ArtSnow. I agree with you on the implied status issues. I was told this several times (once by an immigration officer that my partner happened to meet on his job), and I believe there is a section on the CIC website that says so. As soon as they receive your application you are considered and "implied visitor".

Canusa31 I just went to the CIC page and when I saw that they were still working on October 8 applications, I thought of you. LOL I wanted to come here and rant about it a bit. I know there's not much we can do, but it's a relief to know that there are others in your same situation and that you can talk about it. The stress goes away. ;)

Anyways, hope you guys are having a great day!!

CANUSA31

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
05-01-2013
LaylaLala, I know it's so frustrating. Since January when I sent off my package I've only checked ECAS like twice and the timeline page a couple times, but now that my work visa expires in 18 days I'm getting more frustrated with how behind they are.

I was wondering if processing applications drastically slows down in the summer because of people taking time off for summer holidays. I hope it doesn't get too much slower than it already is.

Allydx

Dec 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-02-2013
Med's Done....
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
UKZippy said:
HI everyone,
Here's a heads-up for those in my situation. For immigration purposes you cant apply for PR on common-law until you have been such for a year. For tax purposes you are classed as common-law the day you started living together.

Here's the minefield: my spouse changed her marital status to common-law on 2012 tax return. As she was a single mother, numerous govm'nt tax credits were recieved. Now they have stopped and all payments must be returned for 2011 and 2012.

So we inform them that I am not allowed to work - no work permit and my spouse is the sole earner, nothing financially has changed.

The tax office wants proof of this by my submitting a canadian tax reurn for 2011 and 2012. Thats fine I say, 2 years full of zero's. Ahhhh, you need a social insurance number to file taxes, you can only get one if you have a work permit. So you need to apply for an Individual Tax Number ( ITN). Oh Oh, you cant get one until you've been refused a S.I.N. number. So you have to go to that federal office and get a rejection letter and send it off with your I.T.N application. All this will take about four months. Guess it's bread and water for us and the kids for now lol

So when applying inland it seems nothing is easy and especially so as we now have to deal with 2 different Federal departments who don't know how each other work and all the conflicting advise and instructions are overwhelming!

Anyway, have a great week everyone!

( oh and I forgot to include my OWP application with our sponsorship forms, theres another explination letter to write and a dent on the bank account lol )
Hello everyone.

It looks like I am not the only one who is going through this right now. I got married in 2011, but didn't change my marital status until recently. Now they have stopped my CCTB. I already applied for a TIN for my husband and still waiting for them to give him one. Now they say I have to submit a Statement of World Income for him to see if I am still eligible to receive the CCTB.... what a nightmare this situation is.... :-[

DorothyGale

Feb 12, 2013
Just joining in here. We sent a spousal sponsorship application (common law) on April 8th. We didn't send the medical or police clearance info, planning to do those once we receive the AOR.

UKZippy

Star Member
Dec 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2013
AOR Received.
11-02-2013
Med's Request
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
Been here since 2011 - PR on 28/05/2015
Allydx said:
Hello everyone.

It looks like I am not the only one who is going through this right now. I got married in 2011, but didn't change my marital status until recently. Now they have stopped my CCTB. I already applied for a TIN for my husband and still waiting for them to give him one. Now they say I have to submit a Statement of World Income for him to see if I am still eligible to receive the CCTB.... what a nightmare this situation is.... :-[
Hi Allydx,
Yes it is! I've sent in all they want but they wont re-instate the benefits for my wife until my taxes are in the system. Looks like it'll be August when they re-pay all that is owed...gah!

So you like us are dealing with CIC and CRA!!!!!

americanadians

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/05/2013
AOR Received.
22/05/2013
Med's Request
28/01/2014
Med's Done....
14/03/2014
LANDED..........
06/11/2014
Just got an email saying the received our application on May 22! I know it's not being processed yet or anything but I was seriously giddy when I got the email. Yay!

mrsc08

Star Member
May 26, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2013
Doc's Request.
09-01-2014
AOR Received.
21-03-2013
Med's Request
09-01-2014
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
AIP: 23-03-2014
Hello americanadians! I received mine on march but I was as excited as you when my husband forwarded the CIC email to me. After that I'm like so now what!? Lol!! From everything that I've been reading so far, looks like from the day CIC start processing our papers, we're looking at roughly 7 months before we receive AOR/OWP. Now that's a long wait... ::)

Allydx

Dec 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-02-2013
Med's Done....
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
UKZippy said:
Hi Allydx,
Yes it is! I've sent in all they want but they wont re-instate the benefits for my wife until my taxes are in the system. Looks like it'll be August when they re-pay all that is owed...gah!

So you like us are dealing with CIC and CRA!!!!!
Interesting how quick they are to stop the payments, but take so long to re-instate the benefits!

americanadians

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/05/2013
AOR Received.
22/05/2013
Med's Request
28/01/2014
Med's Done....
14/03/2014
LANDED..........
06/11/2014
mrsc08 said:
Hello americanadians! I received mine on march but I was as excited as you when my husband forwarded the CIC email to me. After that I'm like so now what!? Lol!! From everything that I've been reading so far, looks like from the day CIC start processing our papers, we're looking at roughly 7 months before we receive AOR/OWP. Now that's a long wait... ::)
Ouch!! That's a long time! Oh well, as long as he can be here with me I don't care how long it takes. I'm graduating from university this summer and starting my career, which means I will no longer be supporting us on a student budget. So if he can't work for awhile longer that's fine. I'm just glad they got it! I was so worried, I had this paranoid fear it would get lost in the mail. Lol! I've never had a piece of mail lost ever, I don't know why I was so nervous! Good luck with you application! I hope things speed up a bit! :)

americanadians

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/05/2013
AOR Received.
22/05/2013
Med's Request
28/01/2014
Med's Done....
14/03/2014
LANDED..........
06/11/2014
mrsc08 said:
Ouch!! That's a long time! Oh well, as long as he can be here with me I don't care how long it takes. I'm graduating from university this summer and starting my career, which means I will no longer be supporting us on a student budget. So if he can't work for awhile longer that's fine. I'm just glad they got it! I was so worried, I had this paranoid fear it would get lost in the mail. Lol! I've never had a piece of mail lost ever, I don't know why I was so nervous! Good luck with you application! I hope things speed up a bit! :)

UKZippy

Star Member
Dec 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2013
AOR Received.
11-02-2013
Med's Request
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
Been here since 2011 - PR on 28/05/2015
Allydx said:
Interesting how quick they are to stop the payments, but take so long to re-instate the benefits!
Ain't that the truth Allydx! At least the UK tax peeps are pretty fair n fast in giving you money back.

Ahh but sharing 'gruel' with my good lady in Canada is better than not being here ;)

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
Hi guys
I have updated the spreadsheet...sorry for the delay. I finally got an email that they received my application on May 23 :D Something to cheer about.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlF5vPwhP68bdENmTzlDSmpZTy1TRWdwamtLeURmZXc#gid=0

john6514520

Dec 5, 2012
Hi all,

I started a new job and wanted to update CIC about it. What is the best way to provide them with the latest information. Here's what I'm thinking:

1. Cover Letter - which would include the file number, name, date of birth, etc, and an explanation about the change in job. It's a better job with a better pay, so it shouldn't negatively impact the sponsorship application.

2. Employment Letter

Any suggestions?