17-Nov-2013
Med's Done....
4-Dec-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
29-Apr-2014
Hey guys!

I know this may be a little off topic but I really need your help on this one. I was wondering if any of you have or have contemplated acquiring "international health insurance" or "expat health insurance". If so, is it worth it? If not, what are your thoughts on it?

Thank you!!!

ArtSnow

Star Member
May 2, 2013
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
12-03-2013
Doc's Request.
14-01-2014
AOR Received.
20-03-2013
Med's Request
02-02-2015
Med's Done....
07-01-2013
Interview........
05-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
LaylaLala said:
Hey guys!

I know this may be a little off topic but I really need your help on this one. I was wondering if any of you have or have contemplated acquiring "international health insurance" or "expat health insurance". If so, is it worth it? If not, what are your thoughts on it?

Thank you!!!
I did bought it for 2 and a half years.
They are legit, what you want to consider is reading the fine print, it's not the kind of insurance that you book a doctor and send the bill to them. It works as far as keeping you covered in case of an accident or sudden illness.
Like every product, check if it's right for you.
Good luck :)

LaylaLala

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
13-Feb2013
Med's Request
17-Nov-2013
Med's Done....
4-Dec-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
29-Apr-2014
ArtSnow said:
I did bought it for 2 and a half years.
They are legit, what you want to consider is reading the fine print, it's not the kind of insurance that you book a doctor and send the bill to them. It works as far as keeping you covered in case of an accident or sudden illness.
Like every product, check if it's right for you.
Good luck :)
Thank you ArtSnow! Any particular company you would recommend? I think they vary between countries. I'm a US Citizen. Thanks!!

r51

May 23, 2013
Hi there inland applicants:

I am planning to get married this November and sponsor my future wife as as his son. How much time does it take to receive a work permit or study permit for both?

CANUSA31

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
05-01-2013
Yet another timeline update and still stock on October 8th, ugh.

LaylaLala

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
13-Feb2013
Med's Request
17-Nov-2013
Med's Done....
4-Dec-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
29-Apr-2014
r51 said:
Hi there inland applicants:

I am planning to get married this November and sponsor my future wife as as his son. How much time does it take to receive a work permit or study permit for both?
Hi there! I believe it's supposed to take around 6 months after they receive your application and start processing it, which is the time for Stage 1 of the application process to be completed.

CANUSA31 said:
Yet another timeline update and still stock on October 8th, ugh.
Canusa31 I know!! I can't believe they're stuck on that date. I really hope that they're just not updating as often. This is really frustrating. ???

CANUSA31

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
05-01-2013
^ Hi LaylaLala,

Yeah I know it's frustrating forsure.

On your info it says you sent your app on Jan 18, 2013 and got AOR on the 23rd. Is that correct or is that when they received your application and you got your AOR via email sometime in early February like I did?

ArtSnow

Star Member
May 2, 2013
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
12-03-2013
Doc's Request.
14-01-2014
AOR Received.
20-03-2013
Med's Request
02-02-2015
Med's Done....
07-01-2013
Interview........
05-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
LaylaLala said:
Thank you ArtSnow! Any particular company you would recommend? I think they vary between countries. I'm a US Citizen. Thanks!!
I used International Medical Group, Inc. (IMG.)
Tried to post the link, but it says I can't, it's Imglobal dot com
:)

emmisocks

Feb 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
I've got a few questions about an inland application.

1. The OWP application needs to be sent with the inland application, correct?

2. Are you granted implied visitor status as soon as your application is sent, as soon as it's received, or as soon as your application starts being processed?

3. Can the medical exam results be sent after the application itself? I know if you don't sent it with the app, immigration will eventually request the forms, but would I be able to mail our application now and then in two weeks send out my medical exam papers?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

CANUSA31

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
05-01-2013
^

1)Doesn't have to, but I would recommend doing it yes.

2)I'm not sure if you're granted implied status or not, but basically you're allowed to stay in Canada once you've sent your application to them and they've received it. I don't think you really have a status, but since it's inland your just allowed to stay here...somebody please correct me if im wrong and ill edit my post. There has been a lot of talk/grey area on this sbject.

3) Yes you can send it w/o your medical, all you submit anyways now is the receipts of payment, as they changed the system and the form IMM1017 (I think that's the one, is no longer required, the doctor will forward the results to Immigration Canada themselves).

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong on any of these so I can edit the wrong information so it doesn't mess anyone up in the future.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If I apply In-land and also submit my Open Work Permit at the same time as my Application for PR does below make sense and is it true?

My IEC Is expiring on January 6th 2014 and I was worried that I might not have my Work permit before my IEC expires as I HAVE to continue working.

"Even if you have not been issued the open work permit before the expiry of your IEC permit, you will still be able to work because you will have implied status, as provided by secs. 183(5) and (6) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, which says that anyone who has submitted an application for a new work permit before the expiry of the old permit is allowed to work during the period between the expiry of the old permit and the issuing of a new work permit"

Which sounds Great! But does that work with the IEC work Visa?

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
Jamesdavid3 said:
If I apply In-land and also submit my Open Work Permit at the same time as my Application for PR does below make sense and is it true?

My IEC Is expiring on January 6th 2014 and I was worried that I might not have my Work permit before my IEC expires as I HAVE to continue working.

"Even if you have not been issued the open work permit before the expiry of your IEC permit, you will still be able to work because you will have implied status, as provided by secs. 183(5) and (6) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, which says that anyone who has submitted an application for a new work permit before the expiry of the old permit is allowed to work during the period between the expiry of the old permit and the issuing of a new work permit"

Which sounds Great! But does that work with the IEC work Visa?
Jamesdavid3 - There is a lot of grey area on this subject, and I would call Canadian Immigration and ask this question, even though their answers can be wrong. I would call multiple times to see if you can get an answer and to see if they are consistent.

With that said, if you apply now for inland and submit an Open Work Permit ASAP, you may get approved in principle + open work permit before your current IEC permit expires. As it says on the CIC website Stage 1, Approved in Principle usually is granted after 6 months after submitting your application for inland permanent residency along with your Open Work Permit.

I am not entirely sure about the IEC process at all, maybe someone more experienced in this forum can respond or I would try asking in another thread. But apply inland ASAP and save yourself the trouble of your work permit expiring.

CANUSA31

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
05-01-2013
I believe to get implied status on your IEC visa, you have to apply to extend that visa. (I'm not sure if it's extendable or not, my post grad visa experies in 3 weeks and it's not extendable so im going to have to stop working until AIP/OWP comes)

Applying for an OWP doesn't give you implied status and allow you to keep working, it is a different visa than your IEC so you can't get implied status from the other.

If your OWP was expiring you could apply for a new one and if a decision wasn't made before it expires, you can still keep working because you will have implied status.

emmisocks

Feb 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
CANUSA31 said:
^

1)Doesn't have to, but I would recommend doing it yes.

2)I'm not sure if you're granted implied status or not, but basically you're allowed to stay in Canada once you've sent your application to them and they've received it. I don't think you really have a status, but since it's inland your just allowed to stay here...somebody please correct me if im wrong and ill edit my post. There has been a lot of talk/grey area on this sbject.

3) Yes you can send it w/o your medical, all you submit anyways now is the receipts of payment, as they changed the system and the form IMM1017 (I think that's the one, is no longer required, the doctor will forward the results to Immigration Canada themselves).

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong on any of these so I can edit the wrong information so it doesn't mess anyone up in the future.
So even if my passport was stamped and I was given an exact date of when to leave before, I would still be allowed to stay after my inland application is received? Basically, I want to do this right and I don't want to stay if I need to leave by a certain date.

Also, with the work permit, is a job offer letter required to be sent along if I'm also applying for residency?

CANUSA31

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
05-01-2013
My post grad work permit says I must be out of Canada on June 18th 2013, and I ain't going anywhere. They received my application January 22 2013, and started processing it February 14th 2013. I'm 99% sure your good to stay.

No job offer is required.