civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sept 11 2013 said:
Pls help we send everything that we proof our relationship. I have to send again. They are not being specific. The letter say proof of relationship. Help
So now they send out AIPs before the legitimacy of relationship is determined? So technically all files with qualified sponsors will get AIPs. And AIPs are not a target for immigration quota so why cant they process them faster? Btw, congrats to all Aug 21. I hope they will roll to Sept files next week.

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
Aug 21st checking in! My partner just got a call from our worker - she asked him why we are applying as common-law, but have included pictures of a wedding ceremony (not a white dress or anything - we are wearing tribal patterns, not officiant). He explained to her that in Cameroon you have three ceremonies; a traditional (tribal) ceremony, a court ceremony (legal where the marriage certificate is signed), and a church or religious ceremony. We've had the traditional one, but not legal ceremony. She asked us to put this in writing and fax it to her. My husband is printing the letter now (I'm a t work) and faxing it over. I hope that as soon as she gets it, we get our AIP!

(Although, it is a bit frustrating as I'm sure I included an explanation in a letter I wrote and on the common-law form it asks if you've had a ceremony celebrating the relationship and who attended, when and where it was, etc..)

I just hope this doesn't cause any further delays, but it is so exciting just knowing someone looked at our file!

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AchankengCrawford said:
Aug 21st checking in! My partner just got a call from our worker - she asked him why we are applying as common-law, but have included pictures of a wedding ceremony (not a white dress or anything - we are wearing tribal patterns, not officiant). He explained to her that in Cameroon you have three ceremonies; a traditional (tribal) ceremony, a court ceremony (legal where the marriage certificate is signed), and a church or religious ceremony. We've had the traditional one, but not legal ceremony. She asked us to put this in writing and fax it to her. My husband is printing the letter now (I'm a t work) and faxing it over. I hope that as soon as she gets it, we get our AIP!

(Although, it is a bit frustrating as I'm sure I included an explanation in a letter I wrote and on the common-law form it asks if you've had a ceremony celebrating the relationship and who attended, when and where it was, etc..)

I just hope this doesn't cause any further delays, but it is so exciting just knowing someone looked at our file!
Seems like they are working hard.

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
Sept 11 2013 said:
Pls help we send everything that we proof our relationship. I have to send again. They are not being specific. The letter say proof of relationship. Help
Hey, that's odd that they gave you AIP but are asking for more proof. What did you include in the original application? Can you get letters from people you know you? Facebook records? Photos? Ticket stubs or boarding passes? Bills in both your names? Phone records? Leases? Bank statements?

Sept 11 2013

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
AchankengCrawford said:
Hey, that's odd that they gave you AIP but are asking for more proof. What did you include in the original application? Can you get letters from people you know you? Facebook records? Photos? Ticket stubs or boarding passes? Bills in both your names? Phone records? Leases? Bank statements?

I send everything. I just phone them they need more proof. We both got the mail saying my husband is eligible to sponsor.

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
Sept 11 2013 said:
I send everything. I just phone them they need more proof. We both got the mail saying my husband is eligible to sponsor.
Just send them more pictures, tickets, explain everything once again, maybe put it in different words - and you should be good :)

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sept 11 2013 said:
AIP (for Inland applications) is supposed to be based on:

Sponsor approval
+
Assessment of applicant's relationship with their sponsor.

This is detailed on the flowchart in ip08 (page 43) and clearly shows that the first item (or question #4) AFTER sponsor approval, asks if the FN is a member of the [Family] class and asks if they are a spouse or common-law partner of a sponsor. Once that has been established, along with 4 other items that need to be assessed, then the AIP is issued.

If they are asking for more proof of your relationship, how could they have issued AIP...unless that is yet another change in how CIC processes applications now!

AIP is supposed to be a letter labeled Appendix B, and begins with:

This letter acknowledges receipt of your application for permanent resident status in Canada.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident
status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. However, a final
decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident
have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you
and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not
applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you
and all your family members have met these requirements.

Is that the letter that you received?

impatienthope

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug. 09 2013, CIC says: 21-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
05-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
AIP: 21-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 15-01-2015
LANDED..........
27-03-2015
Does anyone have experience filling out the online OWP?
When I went through the eligibility wizard it directed me to apply for Perm. Residency.
Um, already did that.

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
Sept 11 2013 said:
Thanks i will do that. IM still shaking right now lol
One more thing! You can attach letters of recommendation form yours/his family, friends etc, someone who is reliable and can confirm in the letter that your relationship is genuine. The letters should be signed and dated by the authors :)

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
Ponga said:

Sponsor approval
+

If they are asking for more proof of your relationship, how could they have issued AIP...unless that is yet another change in how CIC processes applications now!
Sept 11. Are you sure you got AIP? Maybe only sponsorship approval?

Did you get a letter saying something like

"It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met....." and so on???? This is AIP

Sept 11 2013

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
Ponga said:

Sponsor approval
+

This is detailed on the flowchart in ip08 (page 43) and clearly shows that the first item (or question #4) AFTER sponsor approval, asks if the FN is a member of the [Family] class and asks if they are a spouse or common-law partner of a sponsor. Once that has been established, along with 4 other items that need to be assessed, then the AIP is issued.

Im just happy right now that we Have AIP. the agent said just send it again pictures, everything that proof your relationship that will be fine.

Sept 11 2013

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
Ponga said:

Sponsor approval
+

AIP is supposed to be a letter labeled Appendix B, and begins with:

This letter acknowledges receipt of your application for permanent resident status in Canada.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident
status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. However, a final
decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident
have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you
and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not
applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you
and all your family members have met these requirements.

Is that the letter that you received?

This is exactly!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So strange, because the only thing after AIP is admissibility checks on the applicant. Why is CIC asking you for more proof, if your relationship has been reviewed and approved?!

Perhaps this is why there have been fewer [if any] DM's along with AIP's recently.

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
Sept 11 2013 said:
You need to give them in writing what has happened between both of you since you mailed your application to CIC.
You should provide more details about your life, some trips, new photos, plans for the future.