Penna7

Star Member
Apr 11, 2013
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
confrentis said:
Hi!
I called CIC today too. For the first time took me 30 sec to get to an agent.
He said to monitor the website with processing time. If they will be working on Dec'24 but i do not get AIP, then i will have reasons to call them.
Now - nothing can be done They have too many applications.
It is also interesting that they see my medicals received. But my ecas doesnt show that. As I'm only at stage 1 , the medicals are not essential right now.
Hi Confrentis, The Ecas will show your medicals received only after officer requests your medicals and reviews it. Before that it`s received but it`s somewhere in Ottawa waiting for its turn.

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
My medical will expire August 17 and until now no word from Vegreville

allgoodthings

Dec 2, 2012
Hi everyone,

I am seriously confused. I applied family sponsorship in jan 2012 and my file is transferred to Scarborough before any AIP. Then out of the blue ( about more than 12 months- with no mails or emails all these time), Etobicoke mailed me for an interview with Spouse last week. So we went. There were no questions about what our hobbies, type of music or food we like. It just collecting information and within 40mins, the officer is done. the letter of AIP and open work permit came 2 days after that.

Does your AIP letter say, " If preliminary information indicates that you probably meet all statutory requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, you will receive a letter asking you to attend an interview at CIC in your area. A final determination on your application for PR will be made at this interview. "

What does it mean? Have I become a refugee? or do i have to attend another interview?? Confused! I mean we already went for an interview to determine eligibility.

The letter said I might need to do medical and security check but i have already submitted them together with the application. do i really need to do them again?

and btw, what do i need to do with this open work permit? do i need to go to a service canada and get a temp sin?

I saw that it says this does not authorise re-entry. does it mean i can't go to US for a short vacation?

So what is next step? Landing? or another interview?

Also, do i have to wait another 12-24 months to get a landing? How strange that my eCAS HAS no single update at all. they just stated received.

Can someone please help my confused soul please?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
allgoodthings said:
Hi everyone,

I am seriously confused. I applied family sponsorship in jan 2012 and my file is transferred to Scarborough before any AIP. Then out of the blue ( about more than 12 months- with no mails or emails all these time), Etobicoke mailed me for an interview with Spouse last week. So we went. There were no questions about what our hobbies, type of music or food we like. It just collecting information and within 40mins, the officer is done. the letter of AIP and open work permit came 2 days after that.

Does your AIP letter say, " If preliminary information indicates that you probably meet all statutory requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, you will receive a letter asking you to attend an interview at CIC in your area. A final determination on your application for PR will be made at this interview. "

What does it mean? Have I become a refugee? or do i have to attend another interview?? Confused! I mean we already went for an interview to determine eligibility.

The letter said I might need to do medical and security check but i have already submitted them together with the application. do i really need to do them again?

and btw, what do i need to do with this open work permit? do i need to go to a service canada and get a temp sin?

I saw that it says this does not authorise re-entry. does it mean i can't go to US for a short vacation?

So what is next step? Landing? or another interview?

Also, do i have to wait another 12-24 months to get a landing? How strange that my eCAS HAS no single update at all. they just stated received.

Can someone please help my confused soul please?
The interview was probably a chance for them to verify your relationship and to clarify a few things before issuing AIP. AIP means Approved in Principle. You can now apply for an open work permit online allowing you to work and once you get OWP, you can get a temporary SIN. You can also apply for OHIP as well.

The next step is to wait for decision made.

You are not suppose to leave Canada while you wait for inland thus "the does not autherize re-entry" note. However if you are from a visa exempt country, you might be able to take a short vacation since airlines from visa exampt countries tend to not bother checking visas. However canada border agents may frown on you leaving on short trips (2 weeks) max and may be willing to overlook it and let you back in.

Given the situation that you were called in before AIP for interview, your best bet is to stay put and not gamble your chances. Since you already submitted medical and police, then you don't do anything. Only if they ask for medical again, til then you are good. You are not a refugee, you are still a visitor in eyes of immigration. Even if your visa expired or your visitor record expired. You are under implied status until process is done.

The next step as I said eariler is to wait for decision made. That is the second stage. Suppose to take 8 months but it looks like it may take up to 10 months. Til you hear from CIC again, you have to sit tight and wait.

Screech339

allgoodthings

Dec 2, 2012
Hi Screech339,

thank you for your reply! :) I have my open work permit now. - They sent me right after the interview through mail. So do i go to any service canada and apply SIN and ohip card? What do i need to bring? My Spouse is working on weekdays, can i go to the service canada alone?

I am from visa exempted country. I thought of driving to Buffalo or new york though.. It would be nice to get a vacation after that nearly 2 years of wait. So if i really wanted to go out for a few days, do i bring my open work permit along to the borders and show them?

By the way, if anyone likes to know more about the interview I had, go ahead and ask me. I am pretty surprised that the officer has not separated us or not even ask us any questions about our relationship. And i was the one who keep asking the officer to look our photos.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
allgoodthings said:
Hi Screech339,

thank you for your reply! :) I have my open work permit now. - They sent me right after the interview through mail. So do i go to any service canada and apply SIN and ohip card? What do i need to bring? My Spouse is working on weekdays, can i go to the service canada alone?

I am from visa exempted country. I thought of driving to Buffalo or new york though.. It would be nice to get a vacation after that nearly 2 years of wait. So if i really wanted to go out for a few days, do i bring my open work permit along to the borders and show them?

By the way, if anyone likes to know more about the interview I had, go ahead and ask me. I am pretty surprised that the officer has not separated us or not even ask us any questions about our relationship. And i was the one who keep asking the officer to look our photos.
Since you already have OWP, you need to go get a temp SIN and you can also apply for Temp OHIP. You can go to Canada service for SIN and Ontario Service for OHIP. You can go yourself. Your spouse present is not required. To apply for SIN, you need to show your OWP. Same goes for OHIP. Bring all IDs with you and if possible, proof of address, like rental agreement or Ontario Drivers licence if you swapped your US state licence for Ontario Licence.

I think you are okay to visit US driving through. I would strongly advise you to take your OWP with you to show Canada Border Agents to allow you back in.

Screech339

arjun29

Star Member
May 3, 2012
ALBERTA
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Guys i have a question if some can reply it will be helpfull

How long does it take to receive your open permit and your aip letter after its been approved???like the days it take to reach u??
if your online status say 1st this month when can u expect to get it???

Thanks

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
arjun29 said:
Guys i have a question if some can reply it will be helpfull

How long does it take to receive your open permit and your aip letter after its been approved???like the days it take to reach u??
if your online status say 1st this month when can u expect to get it???

Thanks
From what I gathered here, you will get an email letting you know you are approved for OWP and same goes for AIP. The OWP email will let you know it is approved and sent in the mail. So I suspect no more than a week, 2 weeks max after its approved.

Screech339

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
@allgoodthings congratz on ur AIP must be a relief!
May i ask you to share what do you mean when you said that they collected information in the interview? Like did they ask when you got married,where u met and all that?

figtoria

Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I wouldn't take the chance if it were me.

They are entirely within their rights to cancel your whole application.

allgoodthings said:
Hi Screech339,

arjun29

Star Member
May 3, 2012
ALBERTA
Visa Office......
Vegreville
screech339 said:
From what I gathered here, you will get an email letting you know you are approved for OWP and same goes for AIP. The OWP email will let you know it is approved and sent in the mail. So I suspect no more than a week, 2 weeks max after its approved.

Screech339
i dint get any email because my file was transferd before aip so just a decision!!!so u think around 2 weeks it takes to get the letter in your hand..
that will be good if that happens

Thanks

allgoodthings

Dec 2, 2012
guri3577 said:
@ allgoodthings congratz on ur AIP must be a relief!
May i ask you to share what do you mean when you said that they collected information in the interview? Like did they ask when you got married,where u met and all that?

Yes it is, i was pretty nervous about the interview and the TTC!!! went bonkers on that morning.. it took me 2 hours to reach Etobicoke. I was late for about 10mins and I apologised profusely to the officer and the officer is kind enough to let me continue.

The officer took copies of my passport, driving license, birth certificates, joint accounts, letter of employments, taxes....check my passport no the officer never ask me where i met my common-law or who intro me... i think the officer is more into my sponsor. the officer ask my sponsor what kind of work is my sponsor dealing with at work and how long was my sponsor employed.

And that's it.

I don't know why they never ask me any other questions though..

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
allgoodthings said:
Yes it is, i was pretty nervous about the interview and the TTC!!! went bonkers on that morning.. it took me 2 hours to reach Etobicoke. I was late for about 10mins and I apologised profusely to the officer and the officer is kind enough to let me continue.

The officer took copies of my passport, driving license, birth certificates, joint accounts, letter of employments, taxes....check my passport no the officer never ask me where i met my common-law or who intro me... i think the officer is more into my sponsor. the officer ask my sponsor what kind of work is my sponsor dealing with at work and how long was my sponsor employed.

And that's it.

I don't know why they never ask me any other questions though..
The early interview prior to getting your AIP may be part of a random procedure that get plucked out of thousands for in person interview. Also those applying for sponsorship as common-law have a tendency to put under more examination for verification of relationship over those who are married.

Screech339

Psalm91

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
screech339 said:
Since you already have OWP, you need to go get a temp SIN and you can also apply for Temp OHIP. You can go to Canada service for SIN and Ontario Service for OHIP. You can go yourself. Your spouse present is not required. To apply for SIN, you need to show your OWP. Same goes for OHIP. Bring all IDs with you and if possible, proof of address, like rental agreement or Ontario Drivers licence if you swapped your US state licence for Ontario Licence.

I think you are okay to visit US driving through. I would strongly advise you to take your OWP with you to show Canada Border Agents to allow you back in.

Screech339
@Screech339 HOLY SHIT, I never knew i could apply for OHIP after getting AIP, My Doctor charges me 50 Dollars everytime i visit just to see him, jeeeeezeeeeeeeeeee, Is there any difference between temporary OHIP and Permanent ? Please explain, Thanks