20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
sweetsher said:
not necessarily screech. My application was received in October 2012 and they cic requested i redo my application form in December2012.i sent the form in January 2013 and received aip in April
That's good news for lela28. Only time will tell whether her application was resetted when she gets AIP.

Screech339

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
CIC sets a new record, today. :eek: They are still working on October 8th. For them, October 8th is 6 months ago. For me, October 8th is almost 9 months ago, though. Their calculating way is different from us. It must be a new theory?? :p ???

Well, they have been showing the same information for 11 weeks! They need more weeks to handle application on October? How long do they discourage us? :(

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
No!! This is unbelievably horrible for CIC to still be dealing with October 8th applications for almost 12 weeks. Well I've thrown my plans go to Jamaica for Christmas through the window :( :mad: :mad:. Something is telling me to withdraw and do it outland

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
It is very disheartening to see this and no one recent has gotten AIP either. Not a good sign, I think it's a combination of the PAFSO strike and summer and also because there were lots of applications sent in October. In summer, a lot of the IO's take their vacations and with recent married couples in June and July, they wait a few months to send in their applications. And with the strike they are reallocating CIC officers to other areas.

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
guys hang in there...if you look at 2012 inland thread same thing happened there...they were slow in months of June, July but caught up pretty fast later. Don't loose hope!
I believe most of the cases from last year will get a fast stage 2 approval!

goldmoon

Star Member
May 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
AOR Received.
27-12-2012
Med's Done....
18-10-2012 AIP Received : 19-09-2013 DM received : 29-09-2013
Interview........
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
I might look foolish again but I did call CIC today again only to be told that October 8 would be there for another few weeks. He said next month (August) the date would move :(. Don't know if he is only saying that to deter me or others from calling weekly....

I remembered calling in May, the Call center said to call back in June , I called in June, they said to call back in July, now I called in July, they said call back in August. What is going on here man?
Right now getting AIP would feel like getting a Landing appointment because I would be soooo happy. Yes I want DM and Landing but the wait would be more bearable once I got AIP **sigh**, How long should we wait for AIP, my goshhhhh....Can't they just give us an initial approval so we can get work/study permits and OHIP... God knows am frustrated, its so painful.

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
I think in August and September we'll start seeing lots of movement and tons of AIP's. Just my opinion, gotta wait a bit longer, everyone! I took a look at last year around the same time and it speeded up in August and onward for inland applicants.

Mrembo

Apr 17, 2012
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
aadhalla said:
Mrembo, mambo vipi?

Yes, i applied online (for work permit). I received DM letter in April. The Calgary office sent me a letter with a landing date of October 2. My postgrad work permit expires August 2013 so i had no choice but to apply for a new work permit using AIP letter (Just to continue working from August to October). The new work permit is valid for 1 year (June 2013 to June 2014).
Mambo poa,sasa?atleast wewe uko at the finishing line!!!-I have a work permit which expires in December but was hoping to be done by then,with how slow things are going though,I don't have much hope that's going to happen which means am going to have to renew my WP again!!!-Atleast am able to work unlike most of the folks here:(....so I'll try and be patient!!!!

Wewe ni Mkenya ama?

sunflora

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/12/12
AOR Received.
26/01/13
Med's Done....
06/12/12
LANDED..........
19/12/13
I could not agree with you more...you totally said what I have in mind...it's so painful to not get AIP after 7 months waiting....sign.... :'(

goldmoon said:
I might look foolish again but I did call CIC today again only to be told that October 8 would be there for another few weeks. He said next month (August) the date would move :(. Don't know if he is only saying that to deter me or others from calling weekly....

I remembered calling in May, the Call center said to call back in June , I called in June, they said to call back in July, now I called in July, they said call back in August. What is going on here man?
Right now getting AIP would feel like getting a Landing appointment because I would be soooo happy. Yes I want DM and Landing but the wait would be more bearable once I got AIP **sigh**, How long should we wait for AIP, my goshhhhh....Can't they just give us an initial approval so we can get work/study permits and OHIP... God knows am frustrated, its so painful.

jenny12345

Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For those waiting for AIP just be more patient, Last year it was 11 months then it just went down to 6 months out of nowhere. Hopefully it picks up again soon.

canuck2k

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
When we sent our application in early January 2012 the wait for Stage 1 was 11 months.
We got AIP just a week before the 11 months was up.

The 8 month mark after AIP is coming up in 3 weeks. I hope we will get DM soon. My wife would like to go back to school as soon as possible and take some courses... she feels it has been a waste of a year and a half.

colivia

Apr 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2013
AOR Received.
19-04-2013
Med's Done....
23-01-2013
Interview........
not requested
VISA ISSUED...
AIP & DM: 21-01-2014
jenny12345 said:
For those waiting for AIP just be more patient, Last year it was 11 months then it just went down to 6 months out of nowhere. Hopefully it picks up again soon.
Jenny12345, would you be consider as a Aug 2012 inland applicant or a Nov 2012 applicant?? sorry.. I'm just getting a bit annoyed that CIC haven't move the time line for the past 2 months...

Migrain

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
I just spoke with a CIC agent (very pleasant).

My application was received over 7 months ago so she was going to send a note to a resource officer as very little has been done on my file. Agent was informed that the 6 month processing time for initial assessment is only an estimate and since they are working on applications received on October 8, a note can not be sent until the processing date pasts the date application was received. :(

I informed the agent that the initial assessment "estimate" has been stuck at October 8 for 12 weeks now. Agent advised, upon prompting, that CIC busy with increased load before October 25 change in rules (doesn't make sense since, as others have noted, there was no advance notice of the change that would precipitate an influx of applications).

One note of interest though. I mentioned the labour action. Agent advised that this would only affect visa offices overseas and not processing done by Vegreville (so I'm not sure why the current 8 month processing for AIP).

confrentis

Star Member
Nov 14, 2012
ON, GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/12/2012
AOR Received.
31/01/2013
Med's Done....
17/12/2012
Interview........
AIP+OWP+ DM: 7-Nov-2013
LANDED..........
Dec 13, 2013
Hi!
I called CIC today too. For the first time took me 30 sec to get to an agent.
He said to monitor the website with processing time. If they will be working on Dec'24 but i do not get AIP, then i will have reasons to call them.
Now - nothing can be done They have too many applications.
It is also interesting that they see my medicals received. But my ecas doesnt show that. As I'm only at stage 1 , the medicals are not essential right now.