20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Psalm91 said:
@ Screech339 HOLY *censored word*, I never knew i could apply for OHIP after getting AIP, My Doctor charges me 50 Dollars everytime i visit just to see him, jeeeeezeeeeeeeeeee, Is there any difference between temporary OHIP and Permanent ? Please explain, Thanks
No different just that the temporary one is good for one year. Plus for ohip you can apply for ohip but you won't qualify until 3 month after AIP date. The permanent one is good for 5 years.

Psalm91

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
screech339 said:
No different just that the temporary one is good for one year. Plus for ohip you can apply for ohip but you won't qualify until 3 month after AIP date. The permanent one is good for 5 years.
Thanks screech339. Got my AIP back in February so am good to apply, right now am at service Ontario applying for it lol. Thanks once more for this info .

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Psalm91 said:
Thanks screech339. Got my AIP back in February so am good to apply, right now am at service Ontario applying for it lol. Thanks once more for this info .
There is a possiblity that they may not accept email form of AIP. If they reject it, you can write a letter of complaint to OHIP review board. Then wait for their response saying you qualfy. Bring that to Ont service again with your AIP and you will get OHIP right away since you have already passed the 3 months wait.

We had to do this approach when my wife got denied for OHIP first time as they didn't accept my wife email AIP.

Screech339

Psalm91

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
screech339 said:
There is a possiblity that they may not accept email form of AIP. If they reject it, you can write a letter of complaint to OHIP review board. Then wait for their response saying you qualfy. Bring that to Ont service again with your AIP and you will get OHIP right away since you have already passed the 3 months wait.

We had to do this approach when my wife got denied for OHIP first time as they didn't accept my wife email AIP.

Screech339
My AIP came as a mail letter not email, and I just got out of service Ontario they did accept it so am good. Thanks for the info.

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
@allgoodthings thanks for sharing your experience and best of luck for a fast stage 2 approval :D

Psalm91

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
@screech339 was wondering if you got your PR CARD already? How long did it take your local immigration to contact you for landing? I mean after Decision Was Made.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Psalm91 said:
@ screech339 was wondering if you got your PR CARD already? How long did it take your local immigration to contact you for landing? I mean after Decision Was Made.
For etobicoke office, it took us 9 weeks after DM for landing letter to arrive. For another at same location 11 weeks. We didn't get our PR card yet. It only been almost 3 weeks since my wife landed. Suppose to take 2 months to arrive. So sometime in August we are suppose to get card.

Screech339

Psalm91

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
screech339 said:
For etobicoke office, it took us 9 weeks after DM for landing letter to arrive. For another at same location 11 weeks. We didn't get our PR card yet. It only been almost 3 weeks since my wife landed. Suppose to take 2 months to arrive. So sometime in August we are suppose to get card.

Screech339
Nice, Do you know anything about Mississauga or which office will be landing people living in Mississauga. ?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Psalm91 said:
Nice, Do you know anything about Mississauga or which office will be landing people living in Mississauga. ?
I think those living in missisauaga ends up going to etobicoke. Take a look at timesheet below.

Screech339

thatgirl123

Star Member
Dec 3, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 30, 2012
jiggyzealous said:
My medical will expire August 17 and until now no word from Vegreville
See.....there are methods to my madness!! You thought I was silly not getting my husband to do medical until 6 mths in...... but - as I said I have heard so many horror stories of having to redo them and repay the fees....... I wasn't taking any chances! :) lol We just did my husbands medical 2 mths ago.

Nafafa

Jul 4, 2013
hey everybody, am new to this forum but have found some very useful information on here (a lot more helpful then the cic website) and so i thought i'd ask you guys for some guidance.

i have kind of a complicated case - well its not so much complicated as i made a small mistake at the beginning of the process, i.e i dint apply to extend my temporary resident visa and assumed that application for permanent residency would be sufficient, so technically am "out of status" ??? . (been kicking myself over the silliness of it ever since) :-[
However, CIC is still processing my application and i received my AIP on October 16th 2012.

When i got my letter notifying me of AIP, it also said i could apply for my OWP, which i was thrilled about, however when i tried online, it said i wasn't eligible for the OWP, a call to the CIC "confirmed" that i wasn't eligible because i was "out of status" :'( . i recently passed the 8 month mark, and called CIC to get any info on the hold up and was advised, like everyone else "that is just a guideline, its not set in stone" at which point i asked the agent of any options i may have to work while i wait (am going stir crazy) - now this is where things get really "interesting" the agent told me that irrespective of being 'out of status' i was still eligible for the OWP and that if it dint allow me to complete the process online, there maybe a problem with the online process and i should submit the applications in paper :eek:

i have since done that, and am now waiting for either the OWP or DM. So my question is can i apply for OHIP too? also is the information i have accurate? i feel soo overwhelmed by it all

i apologize for all the rambling in advance, any help will be greatly appreciated. anyone else going though a similar situation?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Nafafa said:
hey everybody, am new to this forum but have found some very useful information on here (a lot more helpful then the cic website) and so i thought i'd ask you guys for some guidance.

i have kind of a complicated case - well its not so much complicated as i made a small mistake at the beginning of the process, i.e i dint apply to extend my temporary resident visa and assumed that application for permanent residency would be sufficient, so technically am "out of status" ??? . (been kicking myself over the silliness of it ever since) :-[

However, CIC is still processing my application and i received my AIP on October 16th 2012.

When i got my letter notifying me of AIP, it also said i could apply for my OWP, which i was thrilled about, however when i tried online, it said i wasn't eligible for the OWP, a call to the CIC "confirmed" that i wasn't eligible because i was "out of status" :'( . i recently passed the 8 month mark, and called CIC to get any info on the hold up and was advised, like everyone else "that is just a guideline, its not set in stone" at which point i asked the agent of any options i may have to work while i wait (am going stir crazy) - now this is where things get really "interesting" the agent told me that irrespective of being 'out of status' i was still eligible for the OWP and that if it dint allow me to complete the process online, there maybe a problem with the online process and i should submit the applications in paper :eek:
You were out of status because you didn't have a temporary application in process (like the OWP application - that's why our usual advice around here is to submit that OWP application WITH the PR application).

But I don't know why they would say you weren't eligible for an OWP once you had AIP - that's the point of the inland process, it can take an "out of status" spouse and bring them back into status after AIP has been granted. My advice: send in a paper application. I think the call centre agent was incorrect on this point.

Nafafa said:
i have since done that, and am now waiting for either the OWP or DM. So my question is can i apply for OHIP too? also is the information i have accurate? i feel soo overwhelmed by it all
My understanding is that you were eligible for OHIP 90 days after you were granted AIP.

canadaeh1234

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 9, 2012
Med's Request
December 5, 2012
Med's Done....
December 10,2012
i have a question,

do i need to apply for extension of my tourist visa too when i already applied for extension of my open work permit? because i am very confused

all my documents ars expiring this july 13. and i have applied for extension for my open work permit already. since i have not yet heard from vancouver office and its almost 3 months that i git my DM. please guide me. thanks

Nafafa

Jul 4, 2013
Thank you so much for your quick response. I did attempt to apply for the OWP with the initial application, but navigating the CIC website and finding the right information got the better of me by the end of it i wasn't even sure if it was possible!! the process has been a little intimidating for my husband and i and ending up out of status scared us a little, just wanted to be patient and allow CIC to do their work. Cant help but be a little upset now thinking of all the time i've wasted, not asking the right questions, could have done soo much if i had my OWP.

anyway, thank you so much for the information, good luck to all of us waiting

canadianthrower

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2012
Interview........
12-02-2014
thatgirl123 said:
YUP! Im in the same week as you - and have the exact same status on ECAS. Soooooooooooooooo frustrating!!!
It is very frustrating. Let me know if anything changes on yours. I'll do the same.