+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

figtoria

Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Go ahead and apply by paper for your OWP. My husband was in the same situation and the online application just wouldn't work for him because he was out of status when he got his AIP.

So we applied by snail mail and he got it after about 90 days.

Good luck!

Nafafa said:
Thank you so much for your quick response. I did attempt to apply for the OWP with the initial application, but navigating the CIC website and finding the right information got the better of me by the end of it i wasn't even sure if it was possible!! the process has been a little intimidating for my husband and i and ending up out of status scared us a little, just wanted to be patient and allow CIC to do their work. Cant help but be a little upset now thinking of all the time i've wasted, not asking the right questions, could have done soo much if i had my OWP.

anyway, thank you so much for the information, good luck to all of us waiting

Nafafa

Jul 4, 2013
aargh!! 90 days ???
I got my AIP back in October, i cant believe how much time i've wasted "being patient", CIC really need to sort out their website, as well as what their agents tell people. Anyway I've applied for it, just have a whole lot more of being patient in my future. :'(

mimi263

Star Member
Aug 13, 2012
nairaboy said:
Hey Mimi long time, like computergeek said try to ask for more time! God is still on the throne and everything will work out!
Hey, yes Amen!!! We believe that, thanks for the support

i.imran

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 jan 2012
AOR Received.
5 may 2012
Med's Request
20 sept 2012
I also have a question related to being out of status.

I applied for for sponsorship of my husband n 2 yr old daughter on 30th jan 2012
Got AIP on 20th sept 2012 along with OWP for husband and TRV extendd for daughter till july 23rd 2013

We have already crossed 8 monthh mark for stage 2 some 45 days bak, got remedical last month, thats done too.nothing else

Now the question is do we have to have TRV valid even after AIP.
Currently both of my husband and daughters TRV are about to expire , husband has valid OWP for 2 more yrs.

I am really confused if we shall apply for TRV extension esp for my daughter.
Any suggestions plzz...

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
i.imran said:
I also have a question related to being out of status.

I applied for for sponsorship of my husband n 2 yr old daughter on 30th jan 2012
Got AIP on 20th sept 2012 along with OWP for husband and TRV extendd for daughter till july 23rd 2013

We have already crossed 8 monthh mark for stage 2 some 45 days bak, got remedical last month, thats done too.nothing else

Now the question is do we have to have TRV valid even after AIP.
Currently both of my husband and daughters TRV are about to expire , husband has valid OWP for 2 more yrs.

I am really confused if we shall apply for TRV extension esp for my daughter.
Any suggestions plzz...
Are you sure they didn't issue a visitor record for your daughter? My understanding is that a TRV is a travel document, not a status document. But it is a good idea to apply to extend her visitor status. That should not be an issue since you have AIP.

In both cases, I would suggest picking the slowest processing time and submit the application so it is received by CIC just before their existing status documents expire. In that way if they land before CIC gets around to processing them you will get a refund of the fees - this happened to me. I applied for a work permit renewal and by the time they got around to processing the renewal I'd landed. They sent a letter stating they didn't process the renewal application because I wasn't eligible for a work permit as a permanent resident. A month later they refunded the fee.

i.imran

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 jan 2012
AOR Received.
5 may 2012
Med's Request
20 sept 2012
Thanku computergeek for your response.

What do u mean by visitor record ?
My daughter entered canada on a visit visa last jan, then we applied for extension for her visa in our sponsorship application which got extended but only till the expiry date of my husbands then passport.
Husband entered canada on student visa and now he has PGWP.

I am thinking to apply for daughters visa extension , not for hubby because he is on work permit now.
Thanku for giving the idea of going with slow processing method.

i.imran

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 jan 2012
AOR Received.
5 may 2012
Med's Request
20 sept 2012
You are right she is issued a visitor record but the problem remains same that it has validity date of 23rd july 2013.

In remarks they say about AIP approval and that " Temporary resident status maintained as per 183(6)"

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
u need TRV if you are going to travel and re-enter Canada...as computergeek mentioned it is only for travel purposes..it is up to to you if you want to extend it!
P.S. You may wanna extend it for ur daughter coz ur husband already has a work permit as his status!

krissikris

Star Member
Sep 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 15, 2012
Doc's Request.
may 1, 2013 (for the girls)
AOR Received.
Dec 18, 2012
IELTS Request
AIP: April 26, 2013
File Transfer...
May 1st 2013 to Kingston Jamaica
Med's Request
April 26th 2013
Med's Done....
May 7th 2013
Interview........
DM July 5th 2013
I am in complete disbelief right now, I don't usually bother checking ecas cuz its never updated, but I happen to check just now and it said DECISION MADE!!!!! We were thinking we were in for another year wait at least cuz our app was sent to jamiaca. I still have not gotten an email or letter, but I'm hoping this is a GOOD decision that they made. Would they give us DM without his kids stuff being complete? Or do you think we are actually done? So happy, but anxious to get an email or letter.

Sonja/srb

Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
krissikris said:
I am in complete disbelief right now, I don't usually bother checking ecas cuz its never updated, but I happen to check just now and it said DECISION MADE!!!!! We were thinking we were in for another year wait at least cuz our app was sent to jamiaca. I still have not gotten an email or letter, but I'm hoping this is a GOOD decision that they made. Would they give us DM without his kids stuff being complete? Or do you think we are actually done? So happy, but anxious to get an email or letter.
krisskris congratulations!!!!!! great news :) :) :)

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@krissikris
Where did u see it? Was it under sponsor's ecas or applicant? If its under sponsors, then it means sponsors approval but they must have just updated it since you got AIP. Besides, they'd not give applicant a decision until dependents are approved. That's what I think but CIC might not be consistent with its operations

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
krissikris said:
Congrats krisskris on getting DM. Let me know when you get the email. They may be slow in sending out emails. Got to admit getting a DM 2.5 months after AIP is rather quick but you are not the only one. There are some who gotten AIP and DM same time and two others have gotten DMs at 49 and 62 days after AIP. Either way I'm not complaining that you got DM. You deserved it after a long wait.

Screech339

krissikris

Star Member
Sep 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 15, 2012
Doc's Request.
may 1, 2013 (for the girls)
AOR Received.
Dec 18, 2012
IELTS Request
AIP: April 26, 2013
File Transfer...
May 1st 2013 to Kingston Jamaica
Med's Request
April 26th 2013
Med's Done....
May 7th 2013
Interview........
DM July 5th 2013
jiggyzealous said:
@ krissikris
Where did u see it? Was it under sponsor's ecas or applicant? If its under sponsors, then it means sponsors approval but they must have just updated it since you got AIP. Besides, they'd not give applicant a decision until dependents are approved. That's what I think but CIC might not be consistent with its operations
It was under applicant, my ecas shows DM from when we got AIP his now says DM. I just hope everything is done, our app only reached Kingston May 1st!!!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
krissikris said:
It was under applicant, my ecas shows DM from when we got AIP his now says DM. I just hope everything is done, our app only reached Kingston May 1st!!!
That sounds like good news. Let me know when you get an official response (email or snail mail) from CIC so I can update timesheet accordingly.

Screech339

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013