20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
wolanila said:
the officer today also told us that there is one year max that can be claimed toward citizenship for years in canada with out pr. Does that conflict with what you were told?
@ wolanila,

There is a bit of conflict. One of the people that landed recently was told that she can qualify for citizenship after 2 years since she had already stayed in canada 2 years without PR. I read some months or years ago that there is a limit of using 1 year as TR toward qualification but I don't see the limit anywhere on cic website. I just tested this on the online residence calculator for canadian qualification. I was able to claim 2 years as TR and 2 years as PR to qualify for Canadian citizenship.

Screech339

Tecle

Star Member
Oct 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2011
Doc's Request.
01-11-2011
Nomination.....
OPW 01-11-2011
AOR Received.
AIP 01-11-2011
IELTS Request
Meds show in ECas march 25, 2013
TodAy i got letter from Scarborough office asking for the permanence right residence fee before book me the interview ... They said to pay it before 7 days I paid today and I sent the fax to the number they told me with the photocopy of my passport with the page of the last entry in canada and the first entry

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This was sent to someone who's currently on a IEC visa which ends in August, he applied in May for his PR with a Open Work Permit application at the same time and he received this from the CIC in June stating he can continue to work while he waits for the 1st stage of process when he can get his Open Work Permit.

Is this technically Implied Status, So he can just continue to work until the 1st stage when he has his OWP? its written proof...

I have scanned in the document below.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/706/3t6n.jpg/

aadhalla

Apr 19, 2013
Mrembo, mambo vipi?

Yes, i applied online (for work permit). I received DM letter in April. The Calgary office sent me a letter with a landing date of October 2. My postgrad work permit expires August 2013 so i had no choice but to apply for a new work permit using AIP letter (Just to continue working from August to October). The new work permit is valid for 1 year (June 2013 to June 2014).

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
Anyone received AIP Stage 1 yet in the past month or so? I haven't seen anyone saying they got theirs. It looks like tons of DM's are being made, but no AIP's yet.

Let me know, I might have missed something.

Cheers,

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
hockeyfan said:
Anyone received AIP Stage 1 yet in the past month or so? I haven't seen anyone saying they got theirs. It looks like tons of DM's are being made, but no AIP's yet.

Cheers,
You haven't missed any. Only one case whereby one gotten a AOR and AIP same time back in February even though the application was submitted in Nov 2012 well past the Oct 8th website date.

Screech339

Psalm91

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
hockeyfan said:

Cheers,
yes I got my AIP back in February and have sent all what they requested , just waiting for DM . I pray it comes soon . I check my ecas everyday lol and also call cic everyday . I just want this over the waiting is killing . God is in control.

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
screech339 said:
You haven't missed any. Only one case whereby one gotten a AOR and AIP same time back in February even though the application was submitted in Nov 2012 well past the Oct 8th website date.

Screech339
That makes me a bit sad to hear... :( "There's something strange in the neighborhood."

canadaeh1234

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 9, 2012
Med's Request
December 5, 2012
Med's Done....
December 10,2012
congratulations on all who got landing dates already! :D :D

any news for those who are landing in vancouver??? because i have not received anything from them since i got DM.

Lela28

Jul 4, 2013
Hi everyone! By searching for answers re. the processing times, I came across this wonderful forum and hope that I could get some answers here when none are provided by the CIC. We submitted our application in Nov. of last year and were contacted by CIC mid-Jan of 2013 to re-submit the application form as just one field remained incomplete, which we did right away. Ever since then we have had no information regarding the application, it just says "Application Received" every time we check. We have also submitted the Open Work Permit app along with the PR application and paid all the fees. Although all the official gov't websites state that it takes 6 months for the first stage approval to be granted, obviously the information is incorrect as we are 2 months past that 6 month mark...Any comments/suggestions to make us feel better? This Application Received thing is really frustrating.
Thank you all for sharing your info here and I admire you for helping each other out through these waiting periods!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
wolanila said:
the officer today also told us that there is one year max that can be claimed toward citizenship for years in canada with out pr. Does that conflict with what you were told?
That's consistent.

You get 50% credit for time in Canada BEFORE you become a PR. You get 100% credit after that.

To qualify for citizenship, you need 1095 days of residence (an ill-defined term for which there are three different legal standards). CIC currently prefers "physical presence".

So to accumulate 1095 days in the previous four years, the EARLIEST you can qualify is two years after becoming a permanent resident. This is just a mathematical limitation.

Let's suppose you had been in Canada for four years on the day you become a PR of Canada. At that point you can count 50% of your time: 730 days. You are short of the 1095 days.

Each day that you remain in Canada as a PR counts for one day, but on the other end of the four year schedule you have a day age out - but that day only counted 50%, so effectively you gain time towards citizenship at a net rate of 0.5 days.

After one year you have 1095 days @ 50% + 365 days @ 100%. Thus you have 912.5 days towards citizenship.

After two years you have 730 days @ 50% + 730 days @ 100%. Thus you have 1095 days towards citizenship and are now eligible to apply.

The earliest someone coming to Canada to be a PR can qualify is after three years: 365 days @ 0% (because they weren't in Canada) + 1095 days @ 100% (because they WERE in Canada).

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Jamesdavid3 said:
This was sent to someone who's currently on a IEC visa which ends in August, he applied in May for his PR with a Open Work Permit application at the same time and he received this from the CIC in June stating he can continue to work while he waits for the 1st stage of process when he can get his Open Work Permit.

Is this technically Implied Status, So he can just continue to work until the 1st stage when he has his OWP? its written proof...

I have scanned in the document below.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/706/3t6n.jpg/
It does sound like it, yes. I know people assert that IEC visas cannot be extended, but I have never been able to find anything in the regulations or operations manuals that says they are excluded from implied status.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Lela28 said:
Hi everyone! By searching for answers re. the processing times, I came across this wonderful forum and hope that I could get some answers here when none are provided by the CIC. We submitted our application in Nov. of last year and were contacted by CIC mid-Jan of 2013 to re-submit the application form as just one field remained incomplete, which we did right away. Ever since then we have had no information regarding the application, it just says "Application Received" every time we check. We have also submitted the Open Work Permit app along with the PR application and paid all the fees. Although all the official gov't websites state that it takes 6 months for the first stage approval to be granted, obviously the information is incorrect as we are 2 months past that 6 month mark...Any comments/suggestions to make us feel better? This Application Received thing is really frustrating.
Thank you all for sharing your info here and I admire you for helping each other out through these waiting periods!
@Lela28

I have an inkling that since you had to resubmit application in JAN 2013, you resetted your queue. Your process thus began JAN 2013, no longer the NOV 2012 date when you originally submitted it. I hope I'm in the wrong on this but that is not the good news you are hoping to hear. So since you re-submitted your application in JAN, you are at the 6 month mark now, not 8 month mark.

This is one of the reasons why I double checked, triple checked, quadruple checked every part of the application to make sure the applications was completed fully and nothing was amissed to prevent your situation from happening. Resubmitting the application over a missed form or empty field in form thus starting all over again timeline / queue wise as got to be the most frustrating part of the whole process.

Screech339

Lela28

Jul 4, 2013
Oh no..that is not the answer I was hoping to get :( I checked the forms God knows how many times but obviously what I believed to be correct was not and had to send the form again. So they do not update the info online at all? This is ectremely frustrating now that they will count it as of january...

sweetsher

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
screech339 said:
@ Lela28

I have an inkling that since you had to resubmit application in JAN 2013, you resetted your queue. Your process thus began JAN 2013, no longer the NOV 2012 date when you originally submitted it. I hope I'm in the wrong on this but that is not the good news you are hoping to hear. So since you re-submitted your application in JAN, you are at the 6 month mark now, not 8 month mark.

This is one of the reasons why I double checked, triple checked, quadruple checked every part of the application to make sure the applications was completed fully and nothing was amissed to prevent your situation from happening. Resubmitting the application over a missed form or empty field in form thus starting all over again timeline / queue wise as got to be the most frustrating part of the whole process.

Screech339
not necessarily screech. My application was received in October 2012 and they cic requested i redo my application form in December2012.i sent the form in January 2013 and received aip in April