Med's Request
17-Nov-2013
Med's Done....
4-Dec-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
29-Apr-2014
I agree with Screech. To me it implies that someone is shouting as well. I guess it's just "Internet Etiquette"? LOL ;D

sweetsher said:
no offence @ screech. but i think we need to make somethings slide. Sometimes i can't b bothered to take off caps lock .i cud understand if mayb some words were in capital but clearly he was consistent through out.

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
Hey ladies and gentleman, what's the relevance of Ottawa in the progress of our applications at Vegreville? Why are inquiries made through Ottawa if its not the CPC?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
@jiggy,

Hi jiggy. We are doing well. Did you have a good Canada day weekend? Do anything special? There was a celebration at the park next door to us. Saw the huge fireworks. We had fun. I hope you enjoyed yours.

Screech339

Jolly1

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 25 2012
Doc's Request.
September 11 2013
AOR Received.
December 21 2012
Med's Request
11-09-2013
Med's Done....
June 17 2012
LANDED..........
:/
jiggyzealous said:
Hey ladies and gentleman, what's the relevance of Ottawa in the progress of our applications at Vegreville? Why are inquiries made through Ottawa if its not the CPC?

@jiggy I would think that Ottawa is where all
Members of parliament sits including the minister
For immigration. Vagerville is just the wheels in
Motion. All immigration matter is being decided
By the minister of parliament and his office.

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@Jolly

But our files are not with Ottawa. They're at Vegreville so that's where the enquiries would've been necessary I think. I think me and you'll be hearing something the same day

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@screech
Happy to know that you had a great weekend. I didn't have such a good holiday because as soon I got dressed to go and have some fun I got a call from Jamaica that my friend died in a tragic car accident. And what hurts me more is that I won't be able to attend the funeral and to hug his two little kids

Jolly1

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 25 2012
Doc's Request.
September 11 2013
AOR Received.
December 21 2012
Med's Request
11-09-2013
Med's Done....
June 17 2012
LANDED..........
jiggyzealous said:
@ Jolly

But our files are not with Ottawa. They're at Vegreville so that's where the enquiries would've been necessary I think. I think me and you'll be hearing something the same day

It seems to be that the member of parliament knows some thing we don't?
He's talking about giving a nudge to move things forward.
I'V been monitoring ur progress cause we hv very close timelines.
I really thought at least by summer I'd hv my work
Permit. I start every week with optimism and end it sad and depressed!!
I'V been calling immigration every week, I don't expect any news but It makes me
feel as though I'm doing some thing.
My husband ( who is Canadian) had never
been through this process before, doesn't understand
why it's stressing me out.
Sigh!! Thank God I can come here and vent or else I'd go
nuts!!!!

Jolly1

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 25 2012
Doc's Request.
September 11 2013
AOR Received.
December 21 2012
Med's Request
11-09-2013
Med's Done....
June 17 2012
LANDED..........
jiggyzealous said:
@ screech
Happy to know that you had a great weekend. I didn't have such a good holiday because as soon I got dressed to go and have some fun I got a call from Jamaica that my friend died in a tragic car accident. And what hurts me more is that I won't be able to attend the funeral and to hug his two little kids

@jiggy, I'm sorry about your friend.
Are u located I'm the Toronto area?

ThaiThai

Jul 3, 2013
Hi everyone!
Hope you're doing well.

Vegreville received my application on Dec 28, 2011 and started to process on Sep 18, 2012, which is the date of my AIP letter.
However, I did make a mistake and I send 2 out of the 3 police certificates later on the process. They request the certificates on my AIP letter.

My process is already past the average time and I believe the missing certificates could have slowed down my case.

Even thought there is a note on the CIC website asking you to call them if the process is taking longer than the showed time, when you call they say the note is just a routine and nothing can be done. Most of the time the guys at CIC call center seem to be robots, but I was lucky enough to talk to an agent who was very helpful and sympathetic to my case. He looked into my files and told me they had all my documentation, including the police certificates, and everything seemed to be fine. The fact that I wasn't contacted by CIC anymore is a good sign and they should be close to reach a final decision.

At this point I am almost positive there isn't much I could do about the process itself, but I decide to share my story because I can do use some moral support and be helpful to people out there in the same situation. :D

I was wondering what's the longest time they would keep an application before taking a decision and I am curious to hear from you about how you're preparing yourself to start your new life as soon as you receive your papers.
I am in Quebec so I am studying French and I feel I need to go back to study to have a real chance of having an opportunity to work on my formation field. Next step for me before I have the papers is to translate my studies documentation and do my equivalency of studies which I am not sure it can be done before.

I am happy to read that some of you already got your landing letters. Congratulations! And for who is still waiting, keep strong! :)

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@Jolly

Thanks very much hon. Same here; my wife was born here and she doesn't understand how anxious we get when waiting. I'm in Mississauga

thatgirl123

Star Member
Dec 3, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 30, 2012
canadianthrower said:
I have an inland application and I am being sponsored by my husband. My application for PR was received on November 26, 2012. The sponsorship processing began on January 16, 2013 but nothing but "IN PROCESS" has shown in the status report. Anyone else have an application around my same time that HAS been processed?
YUP! Im in the same week as you - and have the exact same status on ECAS. Soooooooooooooooo frustrating!!!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
jiggyzealous said:
@ screech
@jiggy,

Sorry to hear that you lost a good friend of yours. It is one of the major disadvantage of being sponsored inland. You can't travel outside without jeopardizing your process. My wife's biggest concern and worry is that she may have to fly home if in event of a family emergency that we would have no choice but to take a gamble to hope that it won't affect her process when she comes back.

We have to be graceful that she has her papers done and can now fly home in an emergency without her PR card and wait until I send her PR card by courier.

Screech339

nairaboy

Star Member
Oct 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2012
Doc's Request.
17-01-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
06-03-2013
Interview........
10-06-2015
thatgirl123 said:
YUP! Im in the same week as you - and have the exact same status on ECAS. Soooooooooooooooo frustrating!!!
Mine just say application received notthing else, no in process or anything just application received! Thats even more frustrating! Oh well God is in control sooner or later something must give!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
ThaiThai said:
I was wondering what's the longest time they would keep an application before taking a decision and I am curious to hear from you about how you're preparing yourself to start your new life as soon as you receive your papers.
The longest I've ever encountered was someone who had been waiting six years for a decision. He had no issues, he'd just been caught in the closure of offices several times (he started when you sent the application to your local office, then they consolidated offices, then they centralized things...) Every time he contacted CIC they said that he was within normal processing times. He didn't push because he had AIP.

I never heard if he finally finished the process. I sure hope so.

canadaeh1234

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 9, 2012
Med's Request
December 5, 2012
Med's Done....
December 10,2012
Hi, I applied for extension for my OWP because it is expiring on the 13th of July and I have not gotten any appointment date from Vancouver (almost 3 months) since I got my DM last April 9, 2013.