+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

norii

May 24, 2013
hockeyfan said:
Yeah, I am fairly confused to be honest. I called CIC again and the agent said I could keep working. They said because post graduate work permit is a type of open work permit, which it is because I can work for anyone in Canada. So technically, it is a open work permit that I have and so can be renewed and thus I can continue working.

I might need to consult someone, I live in BC, does anyone know someone qualified who I can get free advice from?

Thanks!
Hi, I'm new here and got to leave for work soon, but I just wanted to let you know that I did work under implied status twice with off campus work permit and post graduate work permit. These 2 work permits are open work permits and you can continue to work in Canada under implied status for different employers. I phoned CIC several times at that time and got same answers. The agents explained to me that if the work permit shows who you can work for, you can only work for the employer under implied status.

I confirmed it with my consultant not a lawyer, also HR person at my work who is specialized for complicated situation.
I got to go now. I'll come back later. Have a good day!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
hockeyfan said:
Thanks Screech, you have been really helpful in this matter and I really appreciate the time you took to answer some of my questions. I am still fairly confused, and am not sure what to do next. I guess apply for an LMO through my work if possible and get a new work permit and see where this all takes me.
No problem. Happy to help in any way I can. It is quite confusing as a unversity website I gave has instructions on how to extend post grad wp. However it doesn't explain the details. The manual I found says c an only be used once max 3 years. So it may be that you can extend it if you had less than 3 years permit and would like to extend it. Which is permissible since you didn't max the 3 year limit. However once you max 3 years, you are out of luck and can extend it through LMO and get a work permit.

Screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
norii said:
Hi, I'm new here and got to leave for work soon, but I just wanted to let you know that I did work under implied status twice with off campus work permit and post graduate work permit. These 2 work permits are open work permits and you can continue to work in Canada under implied status for different employers. I phoned CIC several times at that time and got same answers. The agents explained to me that if the work permit shows who you can work for, you can only work for the employer under implied status.

I confirmed it with my consultant not a lawyer, also HR person at my work who is specialized for complicated situation.
Thanks norii for the info as I am not knowledgable on the pgwp subject matter.

@ Hockeyfan: it appears that you can continue working under implied status at least according to norii's experence.

Screech339

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
norii said:

That's fantastic news to hear and makes me very happy! Thanks for your input :), how long did you work under implied status when your post graduate work permit expired? I might be working for about a month and a half or more under implied status. I am going to call CIC again just to make sure, to see if I get a different response. Thus far all have confirmed that I am able to continue working, the call center agents that is.

CP

Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wanted to let you guys know that I had my landing interview this morning, and I'm done!

At the interview, the lady just asked me if I've been convicted of anything, asked if some basic information was correct (height, name, etc whatever was on the info sheet), and asked for my I.D. and photo. :)
I got a nice stamp in my passport too!

Now I just need to wait a month or so for my PR card to come in, and then I can go visit family!

So glad my process was quick.

sarakhans

Star Member
Jan 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
AOR Received.
08-08-2012
File Transfer...
(AIP) 11-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-03-2012
LANDED..........
(DM) 15-04-2013
Hey guys, i recieved my landing letter in the mail today. We are scheduled for our interview on the 7th of June :) Best of luck to everyone else waiting! :)

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
I can imagine how downhearted the November and December applicants are feeling because of the slow pace of October folks. Sunday will make 7 months for me

gosia

Apr 26, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Doc's Request.
26-05-2011
File Transfer...
15-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made April 15, 2013
LANDED..........
20-06-2013
canadaeh1234 said:
hi,

wanted to ask, if any of you got appointment dates already? especially for those who got DM's last April?
Decision made on Apr 15, still waiting for a landing date at scarborough :( Which office are you landing?

gosia

Apr 26, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Doc's Request.
26-05-2011
File Transfer...
15-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made April 15, 2013
LANDED..........
20-06-2013
sarakhans said:
Hey guys, i recieved my landing letter in the mail today. We are scheduled for our interview on the 7th of June :) Best of luck to everyone else waiting! :)
congrats
which office are you landing

norii

May 24, 2013
hockeyfan said:
That's fantastic news to hear and makes me very happy! Thanks for your input :), how long did you work under implied status when your post graduate work permit expired? I might be working for about a month and a half or more under implied status. I am going to call CIC again just to make sure, to see if I get a different response. Thus far all have confirmed that I am able to continue working, the call center agents that is.
I worked for 6 months under implied status. I don't think it matters how long.

The only reason I chose inland application was that I could continue working.
I haven't checked any official information recently but sounds like still the same from what the agent explained to you.
I really understand that you want to make sure to satisfy yourself avoiding something wrong. I hope you can find it out soon!

Xenocat

May 25, 2013
Hi! First post for me! My application was received on February 12th 2013, and became 'In Process' on February 23rd. I was HOPING to get AIP by mid august, but since last October is taking freakin' FOREVER, I guess that rules that out! I had a pretty nice job offer if I coulda got my OWP in august! :'(

shutams

Star Member
Mar 13, 2012
sarakhans said:
when you call CIC for appointment

sarakhans

Star Member
Jan 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
AOR Received.
08-08-2012
File Transfer...
(AIP) 11-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-03-2012
LANDED..........
(DM) 15-04-2013
shutams said:
when you call CIC for appointment
I recieved DM on April 15. Landing in CIC Fredericton office.

sarakhans

Star Member
Jan 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
AOR Received.
08-08-2012
File Transfer...
(AIP) 11-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-03-2012
LANDED..........
(DM) 15-04-2013
gosia said:
congrats
which office are you landing
Landing CIC Fredericton, New Brunswick :)