26-05-2011
File Transfer...
15-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made April 15, 2013
LANDED..........
20-06-2013
sarakhans said:
Landing CIC Fredericton, New Brunswick :)
lucky you, now i wish i was living in NB, CIC scarborough is very slow :mad:

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
hockeyfan said:
That's fantastic news to hear and makes me very happy! Thanks for your input :), how long did you work under implied status when your post graduate work permit expired? I might be working for about a month and a half or more under implied status. I am going to call CIC again just to make sure, to see if I get a different response. Thus far all have confirmed that I am able to continue working, the call center agents that is.
Yep, me too I was working and as I told you before, I never had a problem at all! The only thing is that your Province Medical Insurance will not be valid for the time you dont have a valid WP, or at least that was my case in Quebec, I had to get a private insurance for those weeks I was not covered.

Check again with CIC, I did called tons and tons of times to ask and they all told me I was able to work under implied status, one of them told me that as soon as you go from Work Permit to Work Permit is fine, what you cant do is going from a tourist or study visa to a work permit and work, in that case you have to wait for your OWP, but since you are working now it should be fine.

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
Loops said:
Yep, me too I was working and as I told you before, I never had a problem at all! The only thing is that your Province Medical Insurance will not be valid for the time you dont have a valid WP, or at least that was my case in Quebec, I had to get a private insurance for those weeks I was not covered.

Check again with CIC, I did called tons and tons of times to ask and they all told me I was able to work under implied status, one of them told me that as soon as you go from Work Permit to Work Permit is fine, what you cant do is going from a tourist or study visa to a work permit and work, in that case you have to wait for your OWP, but since you are working now it should be fine.
Thanks so much for answering and very good to know the info above, really appreciate it. I am going to keep calling CIC and may hire an immigration lawyer for an hour as well to get more informed opinions. Will return to this thread later on or I will PM you if i have more questions. Many thanks!

Jojo1972

Mar 20, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-27-2013
Doc's Request.
AIP: 30-01-2014
Nomination.....
DM: 30-01-2014
AOR Received.
06-05-2013
IELTS Request
OWP: 06-02-2014
Med's Request
06-02-2014
Med's Done....
14-02-2014
Interview........
22-10-2014
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hello I have a question and need some advise on it.

I recently just sent in an inland application for my husband's pr on May 23, 2013. He is currently holding a work permit obtained through an LMO that expires in Dec 2014. I'd say that this work permit is invalid now since he left the job a month ago due to bad work conditions. We sent in an OWP along with the inland application. After reading through this forum, it looks like it takes roughly about 6 months for the AIP and OWP. My husband already has another employer that is willing to sponsor him.

Is it suggested to apply for a new LMO with this new employer with a PR application already sent in? We would not be able to simply apply for "Change of new employer" since he is not at his previous job. Therefore, it would be a whole new work permit.

Please any knowledge regarding this situation would be great. And please let me know if my questions are worded out correctly.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Loops said:
It varies by province. In BC they extended it for three months (for me) when I sent along a copy of the fee paid receipt for the work permit renewal. I never did get the work permit - by the time CIC got to the application three months later they said I wasn't eligible because I'd become a PR in the meantime. They even refunded the $150 application fee.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Jojo1972 said:
I recently just sent in an inland application for my husband's pr on May 23, 2013. He is currently holding a work permit obtained through an LMO that expires in Dec 2014. I'd say that this work permit is invalid now since he left the job a month ago due to bad work conditions. We sent in an OWP along with the inland application. After reading through this forum, it looks like it takes roughly about 6 months for the AIP and OWP. My husband already has another employer that is willing to sponsor him.

Is it suggested to apply for a new LMO with this new employer with a PR application already sent in? We would not be able to simply apply for "Change of new employer" since he is not at his previous job. Therefore, it would be a whole new work permit.

Please any knowledge regarding this situation would be great. And please let me know if my questions are worded out correctly.
Yes, his new employer should start the LMO process ASAP. That will be required for him to apply for a new (closed) work permit. The new work permit would replace his old work permit and when/if the open work permit is issued, it would replace the closed work permit.

Also, your husband should investigate filing an EI claim. While the general rule is that one cannot collect if one quits a job, there are exceptions to the rule and working conditions are one of those areas in which it applies. The EI folks have a tendency to refuse claims from people on closed work permits, but they lose at appeals because the appellate rulings in this area are in favour of the employee ("you paid for the benefits, you get to collect them...") After all, if he's not working now he has time to fight for EI benefits. :)

Good luck!

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadaeh1234 said:
hi,

wanted to ask, if any of you got appointment dates already? especially for those who got DM's last April?
No interview date yet. Interesting as the other sask people who received DM shortly before us received there Interview date I think like 2 weeks after. I wonder if they are waiting to fill all the appointment slots in the office

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NicJohn said:
Wolania.... Is it worth getting GCMS notes? Does it tell you where you are at? Does it slow down the application? My main worry is that I apply and things sow right down.. I had to resend a form after AIP and was was due to be in by 18 May. Sent it in march 20. Would I get completion before the notes come
In???
when you order electronic notes it will most likely take exactly 30 days to receive them. Wether or not it tells you alot will depend on your case. The second notes we received I could tell that we received a medical extension, and if your medical is extended it means everything else is finished an they are just waiting to finalize your case. So I guess in that way it did tell us something. You will be able to see everything that they can see on there computer screen and all the notes the officers make on your file. It wont slow down the process as it is processed in a different office and all they have to do is dump the electronic file and email it to you.

confrentis

Star Member
Nov 14, 2012
ON, GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/12/2012
AOR Received.
31/01/2013
Med's Done....
17/12/2012
Interview........
AIP+OWP+ DM: 7-Nov-2013
LANDED..........
Dec 13, 2013
I really do not understand the way CIC works.
Just checked Inland 2013 spreadsheet and saw one person sent application in Feb'13 and got their AIP+OWP in the beginning of May'13!!!
in 3 months! That's quite a record for CIC.
But really confusing with deadlines and expectations...

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
confrentis said:
I really do not understand the way CIC works.
Just checked Inland 2013 spreadsheet and saw one person sent application in Feb'13 and got their AIP+OWP in the beginning of May'13!!!
in 3 months! That's quite a record for CIC.
But really confusing with deadlines and expectations...
I understand your feelings. I'm also waiting for my AIP.
But her case is a bit special. I've read the topic 'Inland 2013'. She and her husband received a letter that requested to have an interview at a local office. I guess CIC doubted whether their relationship was genuine. After the interview, fortunately they got AIP. If you are interested in their story, please check this.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/inland-applications-2013-t129064.405.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/inland-applications-2013-t129064.420.html

If you've not been asked an interview from CIC, I think it is a good sign. At least, they don't doubt your relationship, I think. In that case, we have to wait for the AIP for 6 months, though. It cannot be helped. :(

I hope applicants in October, November and December in 2012 get their AIP soon. :D

sarakhans

Star Member
Jan 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
AOR Received.
08-08-2012
File Transfer...
(AIP) 11-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-03-2012
LANDED..........
(DM) 15-04-2013
wolanila said:
No interview date yet. Interesting as the other sask people who received DM shortly before us received there Interview date I think like 2 weeks after. I wonder if they are waiting to fill all the appointment slots in the office
i got dm april 15, got my landing letter 24 may, scheduled for 7th june

confrentis

Star Member
Nov 14, 2012
ON, GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/12/2012
AOR Received.
31/01/2013
Med's Done....
17/12/2012
Interview........
AIP+OWP+ DM: 7-Nov-2013
LANDED..........
Dec 13, 2013
To Tomorisu : Thank you for the link. That's is pretty interesting life story.
I never thought that CIC might probably look into case before 6 months pass. It seems that AOR now is compulsory received in 1 week time. And all actual AIPs are given in the very last "due date"
Hope they will catch up with their timing for everyone

Tomorisu said:
I understand your feelings. I'm also waiting for my AIP.
But her case is a bit special. I've read the topic 'Inland 2013'. She and her husband received a letter that requested to have an interview at a local office. I guess CIC doubted whether their relationship was genuine. After the interview, fortunately they got AIP. If you are interested in their story, please check this.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/inland-applications-2013-t129064.405.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/inland-applications-2013-t129064.420.html

If you've not been asked an interview from CIC, I think it is a good sign. At least, they don't doubt your relationship, I think. In that case, we have to wait for the AIP for 6 months, though. It cannot be helped. :(

I hope applicants in October, November and December in 2012 get their AIP soon. :D

Penna7

Star Member
Apr 11, 2013
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just got my OWP, valid for 2 years. Don`t really need it anymore since my landing interview is on Thursday :)

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Penna7 said:
I just got my OWP, valid for 2 years. Don`t really need it anymore since my landing interview is on Thursday :)
While it is a good idea to apply for OWP when you submit your inland application, it is a total waste of money if you land not long after receiving OWP in the mail. It is a safe bet to make when apply for OWP, it has a very small risk of a total waste of money.

Screech339

Kaela6

May 10, 2013
jiggyzealous said:
I can imagine how downhearted the November and December applicants are feeling because of the slow pace of October folks. Sunday will make 7 months for me
It is honestly so depressing! My application was received Nov 23 and my Spouse's work permit runs out at the end of August... I when we applied there was no way we would have to worry about him losing his job but now that has become something we stress about