Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jamesdavid3 said:
Just a quick question,

I'm am guessing most of you are still in Canada at the moment waiting for your sponsorship for PR. What was the main reason why you used In-Land instead of Out-land processing, I am just curious that's all
I was initially debating on going outland vs inland because of faster processing times, but I figured if they need an interview I would have to go to home country, and I was already in Canada and luckily processing times inland became a LOT faster , I got my open work permit exactly 6 months, and Decision made shortly after., I'm thankful I made the right choice of doing inland. I am from a visa required country.

Victorswife

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 3 2012
File Transfer...
AIP & OWP Sept 20, 2013
Med's Request
Sept 20, 2013
Med's Done....
October 2 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan 8 2014
LANDED..........
March 4, 2014
I took the plunge and called CIC today for the first time ever.
It was a pleasent experience... only a 12 minute wait during my lunch hour.

We are sitting at 198 days after AOR email.
She was able to tell me as much as she could tell him as I was his Representative.
The outcome:
1.) There is nothing wrong with your file... No notes... we would have been notified already if there was a problem - No News is good news
2.) She would expect we will hear by the end of June - if not call again (they will not change the date from Oct 8 until most of applications from that date are completed)
3.) Work Permit is in the System and will be processed right away after AIP.
4.) They will not ask to redo crim check as long as it is not 3 months passed it's completion when submitted.

Hope this info helps the people around the Nov 6 date!!!

Mrembo

Apr 17, 2012
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
iav12 said:
Hi guys
My Work Permit finally arrived today and is valid for 2 years..I applied OWP paper application on feb 09 after AIP and it was issued on may 14 and received in the mail today...
I am so happy ..God bless you all...
Congrats!!-I know the feeling ;)-I got mine on the 10th of may i had applied on the 15th of Feb!Now am back to work and loving it! ;D......very thankful I am. :D

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey everyone I got my GCMS notes back about a week ago. Its interesting that our medical extension only showed up the same day we received the completion email. There was a few other things I can not remember at the moment that only appeared on the date we received the completion letter as well. Saskatoon office was added to the notes. We haven't received our landing interview letter yet. I look forward to seeing it in the mail. :)

NicJohn

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Vancouover
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2012
Doc's Request.
12-12-2012
AOR Received.
12-12-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
LANDED..........
05-11-2013
Wolania.... Is it worth getting GCMS notes? Does it tell you where you are at? Does it slow down the application? My main worry is that I apply and things sow right down.. I had to resend a form after AIP and was was due to be in by 18 May. Sent it in march 20. Would I get completion before the notes come
In???

confrentis

Star Member
Nov 14, 2012
ON, GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/12/2012
AOR Received.
31/01/2013
Med's Done....
17/12/2012
Interview........
AIP+OWP+ DM: 7-Nov-2013
LANDED..........
Dec 13, 2013
Thanx for sharing info. Although i really hoped to have AIP+OWP by the end of June.
Doesn't look like that anymore :(

Victorswife said:

She was able to tell me as much as she could tell him as I was his Representative.
The outcome:
1.) There is nothing wrong with your file... No notes... we would have been notified already if there was a problem - No News is good news
2.) She would expect we will hear by the end of June - if not call again (they will not change the date from Oct 8 until most of applications from that date are completed)
4.) They will not ask to redo crim check as long as it is not 3 months passed it's completion when submitted.

jack83

Nov 27, 2012
Victorswife said:

The outcome:

Which number did you call? Because when I call 18882422100 it's always "sorry too many calls" and then you can only listen the recorded help. How can I talk with someone??????????

thatgirl123

Star Member
Dec 3, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 30, 2012
Silver Girl said:
I sent my application on March 9, 2012. Processing began June 2012, and then we heard nothing. Due to the advice on this forum, we contacted our member of parliament. They contacted us back, within 24 hours and we had an appointment to meet this past Monday! With a few phone calls, he was able to receive information, that we could not get. The following morning after our meeting, my husband received his Sponsorship approval and I received my AIP via email!
If you are having long delays, contact parliament. He was extremely helpful and knowledgable.
Good for you! Sometimes you just gotta light a fire under someones butt!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Good luck to i4o and CP on their landing today. Good luck. Look forward to hearing fron you with your experience.

Screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
My wife has called CIC about her landing date from Etobicoke since receiving DM 8 weeks ago. They told her that she should have gotten a letter from the office by now. They will be contacting Etobicoke office to make a landing appointment. Hopefully we wil hear something by them next week. If not, we will be contacting them every week until we get a landing date.

Screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
The CIC Website has been updated. Unfortunately, it has not moved beyond Oct 8th. As of now it had been stuck on Oct 4 for 4 weeks and now stuck on Oct 8 for 4 weeks. That makes it 2 months period over 4 days. Wow that got to be a lot of applications in 4 day period. Wonder what is the big hold up.

Screech339

Victorswife

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 3 2012
File Transfer...
AIP & OWP Sept 20, 2013
Med's Request
Sept 20, 2013
Med's Done....
October 2 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan 8 2014
LANDED..........
March 4, 2014
jack83 said:
Which number did you call? Because when I call 18882422100 it's always "sorry too many calls" and then you can only listen the recorded help. How can I talk with someone??????????
Yes that was the same #... she suggested to call Thurs or Friday... first thing in the morning your local time 8:00.

I hope that helps!

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@Screech

I don't think they're working on family class applications now! Its not practical to be working on the same applications for so long. I'm not surprised that applications are taking so long because I heard that CIC only has 200 visa officers across Canada; meaning it is only a fraction at Vegreville. Kenney says he knows applications are taking long but his government doesn't have money to employ additional officers

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
jiggyzealous said:
@ Screech

I don't think they're working on family class applications now! Its not practical to be working on the same applications for so long. I'm not surprised that applications are taking so long because I heard that CIC only has 200 visa officers across Canada; meaning it is only a fraction at Vegreville. Kenney says he knows applications are taking long but his government doesn't have money to employ additional officers
I was being sarcastic when I wrote the "lot of applications to go through over 4 days."

Screech339

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
hockeyfan said:
Hey I posted this in another thread but hoping someone from 2012 might help me out and or has been in the same situation:

"I would love some guidance on this as I have read various things in regards to implied status and post graduate work permits. I am from a visa exempt country, my post graduate work permit is about to expire in July 2013, I have applied for an Open Work Permit along with my inland Permanent Residency application in March of 2013 through spousal sponsorship.

My question is do I get implied status and can work until I hear back about my spouse being AIP or because a post graduate work permit is not extendable therefore cannot be given implied status? I am currently working right now for an employer, but do not need an LMO as far as I know because I am on a post graduate work permit.

What are my next steps? Do I need to apply for another temporary work permit? Would that give me implied status?

Any help would be much appreciated!"
Hi there!
As far as I know, you do get implied status, I was in thee same exact situation, I was working and explained the situation to my employer, they were nice enought to seat with me and together did a condference call to CIC, they did explained to them that as long as I have send my OWP application I will get implied status and continue working normally. They actually told me that I will have to keep on working on the same company because if I change employers, by law they will need a copy of my valid work permit and a valid SIN to register me as a new employee.

I come also from a visa exempt country and my working visa was as well part of my studies and I never got a problem by working while on implied status. I sent the application for OWP along with all my docs for the sponsorship and it was approved right after my AIP ,I did sent everything waaaaay before my actual visa expired and got the OWP just a few weeks after it expired so I didnt really have any issue since I work under implied status only 2 or 3 weeks.

Hope it helps!! :)