20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Cooly said:
One more question, I already have temporary SIN so can I keep using it until I get my PR card so I can apply normally for the permanent SIN
If you have temporary SIN then you can keep using it until you apply for a permanent number. When you apply you wwill get one right away.

Screech339

vicphone

Apr 4, 2013
sounion said:
Well let's hope it speeds up soon!!!!! I was expecting to get AIP and OWP by mid may, not i'm thinking end of June :( Damn expectations, always getting foiled haha. Time to give up expectations and just let it all happen as is will.

*sounion kicks the AIP machine*
started processing on Oct 4th, still no dm yet..... will check in with cic see what the hack the status is

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jamesdavid3 said:
If I currently apply In-land what Is the current processing times?

I have a choice for in-land or outland and my IEC Visa expires Jan 2014...

My biggest note is that I HAVE to keep working, I know the Outland is taking around 7 months for FULL PR?

However If I apply In-land my Lawyer said he can also submit a Work Permit which gets approved a the first stage so I can still work, would that help me out before Jan 2014?

Help! :eek:
anyone :'(

Sonja/srb

Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
Jamesdavid3 said:
If I currently apply In-land what Is the current processing times?

I have a choice for in-land or outland and my IEC Visa expires Jan 2014...

My biggest note is that I HAVE to keep working, I know the Outland is taking around 7 months for FULL PR?

However If I apply In-land my Lawyer said he can also submit a Work Permit which gets approved a the first stage so I can still work, would that help me out before Jan 2014?

Help! :eek:
Hi Jamsdavid3, current processing time for first stage is 6 months but as you can see here lot of members are waiting more than that.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So what happens in my case?

If I apply before the end of June and its around 6 Months for the 1st stage how will I be allowed to stay in the country after that?

My IEC Visa ends on January 2014, as far as I know once that day is here I have to go home what documentation will I have which will allow me to stay?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Jamesdavid3 said:
So what happens in my case?

If I apply before the end of June and its around 6 Months for the 1st stage how will I be allowed to stay in the country after that?

My IEC Visa ends on January 2014, as far as I know once that day is here I have to go home what documentation will I have which will allow me to stay?
If you apply inland, once they receieved your application, you become an implied status until otherwise determined at AIP stage. While you are under implied status, you are allowed to stay in Canada.

The length of the entire inland process averages 14 months. Does not imply that you will land before or around 14 months. This is the average time. There are people in the timesheet in my footnote that have landed 1 year, other waiting a lot longer than 14 months.

Inland applications are best for those who require a visa to enter Canada. Outland process are best for those from visa exempt countries however you would require to go back to your home country for any interviews/landing interviews. But you have freedom to go back to your country without compromising your application. With inland process, you are basically stuck in Canada for the entire process until you get your PR card. You can't even leave if in event of death of family member. There are people who couldn't leave for grandfather's or cousin's funeral. (Well no one is stopping you from leaving, but you can get refused back into Canada, nulling your inland process for nothing)

Also keep in mind depending on what your home country is, processing can be just as long or longer than inland process.

You can submit your OWP papers in with your inland papers and you will likely to get your OWP shortly after receiving AIP (6 months time). More likely to get your OWP sooner after AIP if you submit your police/medical with application as well. It just reduced lead time as they will have papers up front compare to requesting docs delaying the process longer.

Screech339

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
If you apply inland, once they receieved your application, you become an implied status until otherwise determined at AIP stage. While you are under implied status, you are allowed to stay in Canada.

The length of the entire inland process averages 14 months. Does not imply that you will land before or around 14 months. This is the average time. There are people in the timesheet in my footnote that have landed 1 year, other waiting a lot longer than 14 months.

Inland applications are best for those who require a visa to enter Canada. Outland process are best for those from visa exempt countries however you would require to go back to your home country for any interviews/landing interviews.

Also keep in mind depending on what your home country is, processing can be just as long or longer than inland process.

You can submit your OWP papers in with your inland papers and you will likely to get your OWP shortly after receiving AIP (6 months time). More likely to get your OWP sooner after AIP if you submit your police/medical with application as well. It just reduced lead time as they will have papers up front compare to requesting docs delaying the process longer.

Screech339
I come from the UK and I know the Outland process is quicker in general.

I just need some recommendations on what Route I should take as I don't really care about the waiting times as I just need to Stay in Canada and continue working.

As I have said my IEC Visa ends January 2014, so I can no longer work past that date.

If I submit my In-Land Canada Sponsorship before the end of the June is it likely I will have my Work Permit by then? I think its around 6 Months from that date?

What are the chances that for some reason my work Permit is rejected or for some unknown reason I don't get it, that means I will have to wait the full 14 Months not being able to work, that's just not a option I can take at all... I have to stay in Canada and work during this whole process.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Jamesdavid3 said:
I come from the UK and I know the Outland process is quicker in general.

I just need some recommendations on what Route I should take as I don't really care about the waiting times as I just need to Stay in Canada and continue working.

As I have said my IEC Visa ends January 2014, so I can no longer work past that date.

If I submit my In-Land Canada Sponsorship before the end of the June is it likely I will have my Work Permit by then? I think its around 6 Months from that date?

What are the chances that for some reason my work Permit is rejected or for some unknown reason I don't get it, that means I will have to wait the full 14 Months not being able to work, that's just not a option I can take at all... I have to stay in Canada and work during this whole process.
If you are so concern about being able to work but don't care about the timeline, then you can submit your owp with your application. So that if you submit it early june, you may be able to get your OWP in dec before your work visa expires. This would work if you submit it in with your app along with police and medical check.

However due to how close the 6 month average period for AIP, you are cutting it close. Can you afford to lose your job and wait a month or 2 if OWP came late? Will your employer will be willing to hold on your job for you if OWP came later after your work visa expires. The chances of getting rejected of getting an AIP is rather low if you follow all the rules of sponsorship. Once an AIP is granted, then you qualify for OWP. Since you plan to submit it with your app, you would likely get an OWP around same time or shortly thereafter.

Screech339

Vanilla23

Mar 28, 2013
Greetings everyone. I'm new to the forum. I'm a bit concerned about the timing of my 'decision made'. I wonder if something is wrong or they have forgotten about me, is there anyone who has the same timeline as me or similar? Jus curious to know if this is the norm, my patience level is going down down down. We received your application for permanent residence on April 13, 2012.

We started processing your application on October 11, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Vanilla23 said:
Greetings everyone. I'm new to the forum. I'm a bit concerned about the timing of my 'decision made'. I wonder if something is wrong or they have forgotten about me, is there anyone who has the same timeline as me or similar? Jus curious to know if this is the norm, my patience level is going down down down. We received your application for permanent residence on April 13, 2012.

We started processing your application on October 11, 2012.

Medical results have been received.
It appears that you are not alone in the waiting game. You received your AIP within the typical 6 months timeframe. However there are a few in my timesheet listed below that about 5 people who submitted their application in april are still waiting for their DM emails. 6 people have received their DMs, landing dates or completed.

It is unfortuate that there is no clear cut rules in when one gets DMs or any status change. Everyone is different. You are no alone in the cruel wait game. Just have to be patience. That is all I can say.

Screech339

Penna7

Star Member
Apr 11, 2013
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Received my GCMS notes yesterday in the mail. Applied on Apr. 15th, had my DM after but still interesting to see how they work.

nrajani_99

Feb 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
25-04-2013
LANDED..........
WAITING FOR LANDING INTERVIEW
Penna7 said:
Received my GCMS notes yesterday in the mail. Applied on Apr. 15th, had my DM after but still interesting to see how they work.
hello Penna,

Gives us some details on how they process the applicationg.. thank you in advance. :)

Penna7

Star Member
Apr 11, 2013
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nrajani_99 said:
hello Penna,

Gives us some details on how they process the applicationg.. thank you in advance. :)
It`s pretty long report and it just shows all the steps they go through: assesment, eligibility, criminality, security, medical, shows when they started and if passed or not or it`s in progress, has all the dates.
If you are still waiting for DM might be useful, to know where they are now. One cons- it took them 40 days to mail it to me. I had my DM already

Vanilla23

Mar 28, 2013
Yea. I called cic, they said that their still currently doing background check, I wonder why they are taking so long as I don't have a criminal record or anything of that sort, o well, what to do but wait Screech

Penna7

Star Member
Apr 11, 2013
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What I noticed from my notes is that eligibility assesment for my sponsor and some other steps has date January 20, 2013. It`s exactly when we received AIP. So I guess it takes them one day to make decision , the rest of the time it`s just sitting on the shelves