App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
25-04-2013
LANDED..........
WAITING FOR LANDING INTERVIEW
dawnng said:
Dear all Inland Applicants 2012,

It was a very happy opening to the week after our long weekend break! I finally received an email this morning from CIC this morning.

Quote "We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in Scarborough will contact you concerning your permanent resident status".

They also mentioned about the fees to be paid and that a decision will be made during my appointment with their officers.

So now continue to wait for them to schedule their appointment right?

What a relief though!

All our experienced applicants in this forum...can you advise what should be my next step? Pay the fees? Because they mentioned it can be paid online...and bring it along during my appointment? Should I pay it right away? Oh my god, I am still feeling excited, happy and nervous at the same time.

For those who have yet to receive any news, don't give up, really...your turn will come soon!

Cheers to all!
Dawn
Congrats Dawn!!! Very Happy for you!. My husband is from Singapore too.. we applied i n April.

Dawn was it hard for you to get a singapore police clearance, how did you apply for one.. how long did it take..

sorry for all the qeustions..

dawnng

Dec 10, 2011
nrajani_99 said:
Congrats Dawn!!! Very Happy for you!. My husband is from Singapore too.. we applied i n April.

Dawn was it hard for you to get a singapore police clearance, how did you apply for one.. how long did it take..

sorry for all the qeustions..
No, don't be sorry. This forum is meant to help everyone here!

For Singapore Police Clearance, you do not submit request for it from CID Singapore as yet until you receive your first letter from CIC here, because CID Singapore would not issue any Certificate without any official letter coming from CIC.

You submitted your application in April, so once you receive the letter from CIC asking for the COC from Singapore, you will then send in your application to CID. Visit this link for the documents required for your submission: http://www.spf.gov.sg/epc/cert_issued.htm. Remember to also pay for it. As my sister is in Singapore, I got her help to issue a cheque for the application, but I first send my application via courier service and my sister follow up with the cheque thereafter indicating clearly my application details.

Once the requirement comes, you really have to act fast because it took me 1.5 months to receive the actually COC even though the website says it would be processed within 10 working days. Once it is processed, they will mail it to you in your overseas address.

Hope this explains and help. Let me know if you have other questions.

Migrain

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
I have a question that may have been answered before so I apologize in advance.

If you leave Canada during the inland sponsorship process, will your application be rejected? Or may it be rejected on maintaining residency in Canada only if you are denied entry into Canada upon your return?

Since submission of our application, my wife (applicant) and I (sponsor) have left Canada on several occasions; usually to the US by vehicle on same day visit but also by air to Caribbean and Europe for more than 1 week at a time. She has never been denied re-entry.

My wife has been deemed a resident of Canada, files income tax claims, holds both a study permit and TRV as well as a US visa.

Will these trips, not having experienced any problems re-entering Canada, result in application being denied?

thanks.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Migrain said:
I have a question that may have been answered before so I apologize in advance.

If you leave Canada during the inland sponsorship process, will your application be rejected? Or may it be rejected on maintaining residency in Canada only if you are denied entry into Canada upon your return?

Since submission of our application, my wife (applicant) and I (sponsor) have left Canada on several occasions; usually to the US by vehicle on same day visit but also by air to Caribbean and Europe for more than 1 week at a time. She has never been denied re-entry.

My wife has been deemed a resident of Canada, files income tax claims, holds both a study permit and TRV as well as a US visa.

Will these trips, not having experienced any problems re-entering Canada, result in application being denied?

thanks.
Your sponsorship can get denied if you leave Canada but this usually applies if you intend to live outside Canada. I have one person on timesheet asking what will happen to process now that she is back living in her home country because spouse is now working in the home country. This would be a case of her process being denied.

Your sponsorship can get denied if you get denied to come back into Canada even if you went out for a week or 2. This rule is not always enforced. Like you said you were able to leave Canada and back many times without any issues of being denied. I am assuming here as I don't know your situation is. According to your timesheet, your wife have OWP. So that makes a big difference in being able to come back in Canada. Having a OWP trumps TRV in not being denied. Having a TRV alone may be enough to get back into Canada but doesn't carry the strength of an OWP.

I also think people from visa exempted countries have a higher strength of being able to re-enter canada over those from visa required countries with TRV.

Screech339

nrajani_99

Feb 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
25-04-2013
LANDED..........
dawnng said:

For Singapore Police Clearance, you do not submit request for it from CID Singapore as yet until you receive your first letter from CIC here, because CID Singapore would not issue any Certificate without any official letter coming from CIC.

You submitted your application in April, so once you receive the letter from CIC asking for the COC from Singapore, you will then send in your application to CID. Visit this link for the documents required for your submission: http://www.spf.gov.sg/epc/cert_issued.htm. Remember to also pay for it. As my sister is in Singapore, I got her help to issue a cheque for the application, but I first send my application via courier service and my sister follow up with the cheque thereafter indicating clearly my application details.

Once the requirement comes, you really have to act fast because it took me 1.5 months to receive the actually COC even though the website says it would be processed within 10 working days. Once it is processed, they will mail it to you in your overseas address.

Thank you Dwanng.

Any plans to go to Singapore?

nrajani_99

Feb 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
25-04-2013
LANDED..........
dawnng said:

Thank you Dwanng.

Migrain

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
screech339 said:
Your sponsorship can get denied if you leave Canada but this usually applies if you intend to live outside Canada. I have one person on timesheet asking what will happen to process now that she is back living in her home country because spouse is now working in the home country. This would be a case of her process being denied.

Your sponsorship can get denied if you get denied to come back into Canada even if you went out for a week or 2. This rule is not always enforced. Like you said you were able to leave canada and back many times with any issues of being denied. I am assuming here as I don't know your situation is. According to your timesheet, your wife have OWP. So that makes a big difference in being able to come back in Canada. Having a OWP trumps TRV in not being denied. Having a TRV alone may be enough to get back into Canada but doesn't carry the strength of an OWP.

I also think people from visa exempted countries have a higher strength of being able to re-enter canada over those from visa required countries with TRV.

Screech339

Thanks Screech.

So as I understand your explanation, an application is only denied re: travel outside country if re-entry is denied. Since this has not been our experience to date, then I assume the application has not been deemed "invalid". I understand that our past experience without re-entry issues does not/not guarantee future re-entry without denial by CBSA. Thanks again.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Migrain said:
Thanks Screech.

So as I understand your explanation, an application is only denied re: travel outside country if re-entry is denied. Since this has not been our experience to date, then I assume the application has not been deemed "invalid". I understand that our past experience without re-entry issues does not/not guarantee future re-entry without denial by CBSA. Thanks again.
No problem. As long as your wife was able to re-enter Canada without any incidents, your application is still valid and in process. Keep in mind when your wife does get DM and gotten landing, make sure the original date of entry is listed. Sometimes and this has happened, they list the last entry to Canada as original entry. This can effect her timing in getting qualification for canadian citizenship. So much sure her COPR list the original entry date not her last entry from vacation. Due to your frequent trips outside Canada, I wouldn't be surprised if they have the wrong date listed. I think this is due to pulling up your wife's passport info and using the latest entry as original date since they will assume that the wife never left Canada during the process.

Screech339

dawnng

Dec 10, 2011
nrajani_99 said:
Thank you Dwanng.

Yes of course but when everything is settled. I need to visit my family and friends there! But whilst all these applications are going on, we applied as Inland Applicants must remain here until everything is completed.

I miss all my family and friends!

nrajani_99

Feb 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
25-04-2013
LANDED..........
dawnng said:
Yes of course but when everything is settled. I need to visit my family and friends there! But whilst all these applications are going on, we applied as Inland Applicants must remain here until everything is completed.

I miss all my family and friends!
My husband is missing his family and friends allot..atleast your process took a year .. hope he gets it in a year too..

figtoria

Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
Thanks for the info. That would greatly help those getting their initlal PR card. You could also easily call CIC to confirm address for PR card as well. Just hope it won't reset your wait to 6 weeks after submitting confirmed change of address online.

Screech339
I seriously doubt that. Before my "change", there was nothing in the area marked "current address".

Afterwards, our correct address now appears as "current address".

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
figtoria said:
I seriously doubt that. Before my "change", there was nothing in the area marked "current address".

Afterwards, our correct address now appears as "current address".
I agree with you and I really doubt that it would reset your PR card timeline. But if it did, that would seriously suck. One way to find out is to wait it out and see if PR card arrive in the usual average timeline of 69 days.

Screech339

Jellyfishy

Star Member
Aug 14, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
17-01-2014
screech339 said:
Your sponsorship can get denied if you get denied to come back into Canada even if you went out for a week or 2. This rule is not always enforced. Like you said you were able to leave canada and back many times with any issues of being denied. I am assuming here as I don't know your situation is. According to your timesheet, your wife have OWP. So that makes a big difference in being able to come back in Canada. Having a OWP trumps TRV in not being denied. Having a TRV alone may be enough to get back into Canada but doesn't carry the strength of an OWP.

Screech339
Thanks for the response on this! I was planning to go visit my parents for their 50th birthday in April (I would have the OWP at that point) and I was REALLY hoping I could go.

downwinder

Feb 9, 2013
how does the landing office contact us? email? telephone? mail? I received DM and now waiting for the landing interview.

Thanks

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
downwinder said:
how does the landing office contact us? email? telephone? mail? I received DM and now waiting for the landing interview.

Thanks
Your local CIC will send you a landing letter with instructions like fees to be paid if any required and what to bring with you. The letter will be sent by via snail mail.