Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
sandra_85 said:
The e-cas says decision made. I received a letter saying they will contact me .... But y question is when. I'm
In Ottawa and I don't know what's the time line or this. I just found a job but I can't apply for The sin number before the landing interview . :( I'm so sad it looks like I'm gonna lose the job :s
I mean can you please copy and paste everything from your e-Cas to here so we can see it dates, etc.
Yes, by the sounds of it, you do have both stages approved and as the letter stated, CIC will contact you of the date to land on.
Did you not apply for an OWP? If you have one you can apply for a temporary SIN and work on that even after landing. If you don't have a temporary SIN before you land, you will have to wait until after receiving your PR card to get a SIN. It takes around 2 months to get your PR card in the mail after landing.

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
I agree with LoveYoung. It is frustrating but that's how it is. They slow down during these months and will start picking up again in September and then will slow down again in December-January due to the holidays. We have been there and done that, that's why we are still here hanging out to let you guys know what to expect.

Even if we sound like a broken record, we are still going to say the same thing. Don't worry too much, it will get better. As for not being able to plan your lives, to each their own I suppose. My husband and I purchased a place and we got pregnant while we are going thru this immigration stuff. Our mantra then is come what may, we won't let this immigration ruin our plans. It might put it behind by a couple of months but we will survive this journey together.

Again you can vent here, that's what this forum is for. And you think we might be giving you tough love but we are still here for you guys. HANG IN THERE!!!

AnnaLin

Aug 18, 2011
sandra_85 said:
The e-cas says decision made. I received a letter saying they will contact me .... But y question is when. I'm
In Ottawa and I don't know what's the time line or this. I just found a job but I can't apply for The sin number before the landing interview . :( I'm so sad it looks like I'm gonna lose the job :s
Please post the date CIC received your file and the date they send out the decision.
Thank you.

sandra_85

Jun 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love_Young said:
I mean can you please copy and paste everything from your e-Cas to here so we can see it dates, etc.
Yes, by the sounds of it, you do have both stages approved and as the letter stated, CIC will contact you of the date to land on.
Did you not apply for an OWP? If you have one you can apply for a temporary SIN and work on that even after landing. If you don't have a temporary SIN before you land, you will have to wait until after receiving your PR card to get a SIN. It takes around 2 months to get your PR card in the mail after landing.
We received your application for permanent residence on October 18, 2010.

We started processing your application on November 30, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We sent you a letter on August 12, 2011 to xxxx about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

I have a sin card but Is expired .... And I applied for one with the papers but they told me is taking 3 months

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jhjeppe said:
The first stage approval has gone from 8 months to 10-11 months. all I can say is WTF????

This is so far beyond rediculous, What do they expect us to do? just be patient?
hmmmm am really confused now......processing time for stage 1 has moved from 10-11 months and still struck at processing applications received on October 16,2010....there is nothing you can do about this but just keep your head high and be patient....good luck to all of us waiting ;D

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sandra_85 said:
We received your application for permanent residence on October 18, 2010.

We started processing your application on November 30, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We sent you a letter on August 12, 2011 to xxxx about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

I have a sin card but Is expired .... And I applied for one with the papers but they told me is taking 3 months
you have both stage approved.....congrats. if you have an OWP then you can go renew your sin card but if not you might have to wait after landing to get your sin card.

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
I have to agree with you guys. I am also pissed off that CIC is now taking 10-11 months to decide on 1st stage approval. Who knows how slow things will get. Will they ever get back to the 6 month mark? No wonder people work under the table. Every single person that I have met that has done this process has worked under the table during it. You would have to be stupid not to work and to sit around all day and wait for CIC.

Guys, come on here and vent all you want. That is what a forum is for. I hit the 5 month mark today thinking that I am half way there and then I see this 10-11 month wait now. For F sakes!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
angtao said:
I have to agree with you guys. I am also pissed off that CIC is now taking 10-11 months to decide on 1st stage approval. Who knows how slow things will get. Will they ever get back to the 6 month mark? No wonder people work under the table. Every single person that I have met that has done this process has worked under the table during it. You would have to be stupid not to work and to sit around all day and wait for CIC.

Guys, come on here and vent all you want. That is what a forum is for. I hit the 5 month mark today thinking that I am half way there and then I see this 10-11 month wait now. For F sakes!
Yeah this is how CIC is and it isn't fair not one bit. But I guess they expect that if we submit inland then we deserve it. *sigh* Not the way they should go about it though. And I guess I was dumb one for sitting around all day and waiting on CIC.... :-X :-[ I do know it makes it harder not to fall into the temptation but I still wasn't going to do that.

P.S. You are still halfway there. Would you rather they lie and say it is only taking 9-10 months when it takes over? Not you would rather just speaking in general terms here. Anyway as much as it hurts they did the right thing by finally updating the time. And just because it says 11 months, doesn't mean it will take that long. They are just giving themselves leeway. It hasn't been 6 months for AIP in over two years. So don't hold your breath on it. The processing times will start to go down before the holidays. They are just in a backlog and giving leeway for the time it may take.

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
I don't mean that people are dumb for not working. It is just unfair for the people that want to work and can't until 1st stage. I think I am one of the venters today. LOL

Until next week when we see another 4 day jump. Plus they work one day less because of labor day.

lotionice

Aug 2, 2011
a bit of update from. today i applied the temp sin card and applied for health insurance as well.
i got both stages approved but still waiting the letter about landing.
umm.. so curious!!! any idea how long it takes to arrive to me?

sending +ve energy to all those who're waiting!!!!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
angtao said:
I don't mean that people are dumb for not working. It is just unfair for the people that want to work and can't until 1st stage. I think I am one of the venters today. LOL

Until next week when we see another 4 day jump. Plus they work one day less because of labor day.
Yeah it is definitely unfair but I guess they see as you are "temporary" they don't have to provide for us until we get approved.
Sad isn't it? I now declare this "VENTING DAY". Everyone please take a moment to vent away today and we will vent with you. Haha.
Don't worry we all have our days. Try not to get too discouraged. We are here for you. ;D

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
@ LotionIce: congrats with your first & second stage approval! Now take your letter (and other documents required), go down to the RAMQ on Maisonneuve and get your health care application moving!

Who knows, maybe we'll land together?

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
So...a long time ago CIC asked for my work and address updates. Which I sent in. I just got a letter from them again asking for the same thing! A work and address update TWICE? Has anyone ever heard of this? Do you think it's a mistake? No idea whats going on.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
CrazyLucy said:
So...a long time ago CIC asked for my work and address updates. Which I sent in. I just got a letter from them again asking for the same thing! A work and address update TWICE? Has anyone ever heard of this? Do you think it's a mistake? No idea whats going on.
With CIC anything is possible, unfortunately. If you haven't called yet then try doing so. Did you label everything well? Not saying you didn't just asking. Maybe you can get your MP on it to get the pushing and looking for it.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
lotionice said:
a bit of update from. today i applied the temp sin card and applied for health insurance as well.
i got both stages approved but still waiting the letter about landing.
umm.. so curious!!! any idea how long it takes to arrive to me?

sending +ve energy to all those who're waiting!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is dependent on each local CIC office but you could be contacted in a couple of weeks or 2 months from now, who knows. Wish I could give you a more definite answer. Contact CIC or your local office and ask how long on average it usually takes to schedule a landing date. That should give you a better idea.