Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2010
Interview........
1-Dic-2011
am I wrong or CIC update the chart and they haven't advance any day? What's wrong?

Can anybody tell me please??

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
pepe261 said:
am I wrong or CIC update the chart and they haven't advance any day? What's wrong?

Can anybody tell me please??
Calma Pepe!!! :) ... I wouldnt pay attention to the web chart.. ...

pepe261

Star Member
Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2010
Interview........
1-Dic-2011
canadiancitizen said:
Calma Pepe!!! :) ... I wouldnt pay attention to the web chart.. ...
well I know that sometimes is not really reliable the chart but as we can see lately nobody after october 22 or 25 have heard anything and a months ago the process time for the first stage would take 9 months and now is 10 to 11...
in a week is going to be 10 months of waiting to be able to work, to study to have a LIFE.... and also this is not fair for my wife. She is Canadian, she was born here and her country don't let her progress because she decided to get married with somebody who is not canadian?
You can't play with people's life...

mexicanito

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
edmonton
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pepe261 said:
well I know that sometimes is not really reliable the chart but as we can see lately nobody after october 22 or 25 have heard anything and a months ago the process time for the first stage would take 9 months and now is 10 to 11...
in a week is going to be 10 months of waiting to be able to work, to study to have a LIFE.... and also this is not fair for my wife. She is Canadian, she was born here and her country don't let her progress because she decided to get married with somebody who is not canadian?
You can't play with people's life...

I do agree, I am a Canadian citizen and my husband is American and the immigration system here in Canada is completely in-efficient and ridiculous. I have friends who immigrated to the States through marriage to US citizens and it was MUCH faster for them. It is no surprise that people would choose to go to other countries first before trying to come to Canada because it is completely unorganized. When this whole thing is done I will for sure be writing to be my MP to complain, because as you say they just make the people wait, and wait, and wait to the point that it makes it almost impossible to carry on a normal life-this is unacceptable!
My advice would be to just keep calling to see what information you could find out from the call centre, and just hope and pray that they start moving faster.
All I can say for my country is that the immigration situations for Canadians citizens with foreign spouses is a disgrace and completely unacceptable.

jhjeppe

Star Member
Jun 29, 2011
The Pas, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 August 2009
Doc's Request.
31 January 2010
AOR Received.
14 June 2010
Med's Request
5 October 2010
Med's Done....
12 October 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
5 October 2011
LANDED..........
20 May 2012
The first stage approval has gone from 8 months to 10-11 months. all I can say is WTF????

This is so far beyond rediculous, What do they expect us to do? just be patient?

komar

Star Member
Dec 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
Med's Request
12-03-2011
Med's Done....
01-04-2011
LANDED..........
21-06-2011
mexicanito said:
All I can say for my country is that the immigration situations for Canadians citizens with foreign spouses is a disgrace and completely unacceptable.
I second that!

mexicanito

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
edmonton
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So I just called the call centre today and how could it be possible that two weeks ago we were closer than we were today!

Makes no sense!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Okay, enough people! I know you are stressed (been there) but we have expressed before it is VACATION TIME increasing the wait times. Vegreville is already low on staff and take a look around, EVERYONE goes on vacation in August. There is no other explanation for it. It is what it is and you can't do anything about it even if you wanted. That is the tough part. If you read back even from the beginning of the thread, you would realize that we went through the same type of backlog around the same time and it took a while for us to catch up again. Complaining to an MP may do something but I seriously doubt that it self is going to fix the WHOLE immigration process. It may help your individual case but only if it is over the current processing time. And as I stated before mexicanito, the US immigration system has complications and disorganizations of their own as well. And comparing to another immigration system isn't going to help make this one any better. Each countries rules, needs, wants, etc. are different so why upset yourself more by comparing.

Their process doesn't take a shorter amount of time (dependable on each country they go through, same for Canada's system). As stated before that if a Canadian is immigrating to the US via the spousal category, it would still take around the same amount of time as this. Don't believe me, visit this site for people going through the same thing but through the US: www.visajourney.com There you will get more of an idea for how long it is taking and realize that their frustrations are the same exact ones as you all are going through now. You aren't alone, remember this. But honestly, we couldn't change the time it was taking even if we wanted to so unfortunately we have to deal.

And I understand your frustrations, believe me. Mine took 10 months and 2 days to hear back on when people around the same day were getting it way sooner, not to mention a person applied 2 weeks after me and heard before I did. So you can imagine the worry and anger I went through. But guys, I promise that you can get through this. This is only TEMPORARY. The world is lifted off your shoulders right after, its crazy and feels amazing. This is CIC though and remember nothing has to make sense with them. All we can do is stick together, vent, celebrate, chat, etc. with one another to help make this as easy as possible. I really hate that this post sounds as bad as it does but I needed to vent as well and try to keep you all strong and on the right track.

Good luck everyone! I promise this will be worth it and you can get through this. :D
P.S. Enjoy the day out with your families while we all still have the summer around. CIC isn't worth wasting time we could be having fun and making memories on. Smile, get out there, let yourself free. Its okay.

pepe261

Star Member
Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2010
Interview........
1-Dic-2011
Love_Young said:
Okay, enough people! I know you are stressed (been there) but we have expressed before it is VACATION TIME increasing the wait times. Vegreville is already low on staff and take a look around, EVERYONE goes on vacation in August. There is no other explanation for it. It is what it is and you can't do anything about it even if you wanted. That is the tough part. If you read back even from the beginning of the thread, you would realize that we went through the same type of backlog around the same time and it took a while for us to catch up again. Complaining to an MP may do something but I seriously doubt that it self is going to fix the WHOLE immigration process. It may help your individual case but only if it is over the current processing time. And as I stated before mexicanito, the US immigration system has complications and disorganizations of their own as well. And comparing to another immigration system isn't going to help make this one any better. Each countries rules, needs, wants, etc. are different so why upset yourself more by comparing.

Their process doesn't take a shorter amount of time (dependable on each country they go through, same for Canada's system). As stated before that if a Canadian is immigrating to the US via the spousal category, it would still take around the same amount of time as this. Don't believe me, visit this site for people going through the same thing but through the US: www.visajourney.com There you will get more of an idea for how long it is taking and realize that their frustrations are the same exact ones as you all are going through now. You aren't alone, remember this. But honestly, we couldn't change the time it was taking even if we wanted to so unfortunately we have to deal.

And I understand your frustrations, believe me. Mine took 10 months and 2 days to hear back on when people around the same day were getting it way sooner, not to mention a person applied 2 weeks after me and heard before I did. So you can imagine the worry and anger I went through. But guys, I promise that you can get through this. This is only TEMPORARY. The world is lifted off your shoulders right after, its crazy and feels amazing. This is CIC though and remember nothing has to make sense with them. All we can do is stick together, vent, celebrate, chat, etc. with one another to help make this as easy as possible. I really hate that this post sounds as bad as it does but I needed to vent as well and try to keep you all strong and on the right track.

Good luck everyone! I promise this will be worth it and you can get through this. :D
P.S. Enjoy the day out with your families while we all still have the summer around. CIC isn't worth wasting time we could be having fun and making memories on. Smile, get out there, let yourself free. Its okay.
I know you have done a lot in this thread but I have to say that sometimes LY you are too tough. Let people do some catharsis and express themselves. I don't care how long takes to get the green card in US. I care that I have been married with my wife for a year and I have sent my application almost 9 months ago and because I don't know what I can get at least my work permit. With my wife we are stuck because we can't plan to have a baby or try to think about buying a house or any other mayor decision that we would like to do because I can't work. Plus I can't study or visit my family. Let's pretend that CIC really need to take a year to check the sponsor background, why can't go outside Canada?
It is unfair not only for my but also for my wife (she was born here) who pays taxes and is good citizen.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
pepe261 said:
I know you have done a lot in this thread but I have to say that sometimes LY you are too tough. Let people do some catharsis and express themselves. I don't care how long takes to get the green card in US. I care that I have been married with my wife for a year and I have sent my application almost 9 months ago and because I don't know what I can get at least my work permit. With my wife we are stuck because we can't plan to have a baby or try to think about buying a house or any other mayor decision that we would like to do because I can't work. Plus I can't study or visit my family. Let's pretend that CIC really need to take a year to check the sponsor background, why can't go outside Canada?
It is unfair not only for my but also for my wife (she was born here) who pays taxes and is good citizen.
I am sorry you think I am being too tough. I am not saying not to vent, please do. I am just trying to state the way it actually is. I wish so badly I could make it better, I wish the process was faster, and more fair but I can't. Please don't act like I haven't gone through the same thing though with the same thoughts, dreams, ambitions, worries, etc. because I have. No it isn't fair and that is the thing. Thats why you have to stick together through this. And I don't care about a green card either but I was just expressing that everyone going through an immigration system has the same worries, stresses. I was only bringing it into the picture because of mexicanito. Any other immigration system is irrelevant to Canada's so people should stop comparing as it will only make you more stressed out. Its just that I have tried to help several people out here, studied, did research to help explain things when needed, made a chart more accurate look at what CIC is doing, and trying to help you all stay strong. I am trying to make this easier on everyone, that is why I created is because when I first came on, I had no one to talk to on this forum going through a similar thing around my time but now I have friends and I have also survived this tough process. I stick around to help you all out. I could have left but I didn't. Please don't act like I don't have compassion for you all through this. I do. I consider this its own unique family.

I am sorry that I came across in a bad manner but I really was just trying to help you all see the light at the end of this. I can't make the process all happy, shiny, and gold. All I can do is be honest and help you through the tough times as well as celebrate with the good times. I wish everyone here lots of happiness and hopefully AIP very soon. Please don't give up, you can get through this.

sandra_85

Jun 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What comes after the 2 stages approval? I got a letter that says I have to wait for another letter. I got approval august 12..... :s

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
sandra_85 said:
What comes after the 2 stages approval? I got a letter that says I have to wait for another letter. I got approval august 12..... :s
What does you e-Cas say?
After both stages are approved, you will be contacted by your local office (most likely letter) about when to come and land as a PR.

AnnaLin

Aug 18, 2011
sandra_85 said:
Could you please post your timeline? ;)

sandra_85

Jun 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love_Young said:
What does you e-Cas say?
After both stages are approved, you will be contacted by your local office (most likely letter) about when to come and land as a PR.
The e-cas says decision made. I received a letter saying they will contact me .... But y question is when. I'm
In Ottawa and I don't know what's the time line or this. I just found a job but I can't apply for The sin number before the landing interview . :( I'm so sad it looks like I'm gonna lose the job :s