Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
sandra_85 said:
We received your application for permanent residence on October 18, 2010.

We started processing your application on November 30, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We sent you a letter on August 12, 2011 to xxxx about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

I have a sin card but Is expired .... And I applied for one with the papers but they told me is taking 3 months
Thanks for posting. I would search up ditta's post in this thread. She was able to communicate will Service Canada, etc and found that she could still work for the same employer even though her SIN was expired. Maybe you could benefit from that.
So it seems like you did apply for an OWP, correct? Yes it does take quite a while and you are probably more likely to get a landing interview before getting your OWP. So as I said, look up ditta's post and also talk to Service Canada, etc to see that can help you out. Unfortunately you won't be able to get a different employer on an expired one but if you are still working for the same employer you will probably be able to work even though it is expired.

But from what you are saying, seems like you might have to do what I did and wait until you receive the PR card before getting a SIN. Frustrating, I know and I don't understand why that is either but this might be all you can do. Good luck.

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
Love_Young said:
With CIC anything is possible, unfortunately. If you haven't called yet then try doing so. Did you label everything well? Not saying you didn't just asking. Maybe you can get your MP on it to get the pushing and looking for it.
I could have made it hard to understand. But they did send me the AIP with my UK police report request, so I assume they know I've been in the UK as well. Either way, I'll send them another, just to be safe.

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
sandra_85 said:
We received your application for permanent residence on October 18, 2010.

We started processing your application on November 30, 2010.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We sent you a letter on August 12, 2011 to xxxx about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

I have a sin card but Is expired .... And I applied for one with the papers but they told me is taking 3 months

Sorry I have to butt in. So did you attached the OWP application with your PR application in October or you just submitted it when you received the approval letter?

If you attached it with your PR in October then you are considered under implied status and can use an expired SIN working for the same employer you had worked before. If you just submitted your OWP application in August 2011 then you cannot work using your expired SIN since you are considered out of status when your work permit expired. You can reactivate your expired SIN only after showing service canada your new work permit or you can just wait for your landing interview and get a permanent SIN.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
lovely20 said:
Sorry I have to butt in. So did you attached the OWP application with your PR application in October or you just submitted it when you received the approval letter?

If you attached it with your PR in October then you are considered under implied status and can use an expired SIN working for the same employer you had worked before. If you just submitted your OWP application in August 2011 then you cannot work using your expired SIN since you are considered out of status when your work permit expired. You can reactivate your expired SIN only after showing service canada your new work permit or you can just wait for your landing interview and get a permanent SIN.
Glad you stepped in to mention all of that.
Only that is different, they couldn't get a SIN after landing interview. Only one or two local offices do that and they would need to wait for the PR card to arrive before being able to obtain a permanent SIN.

CrazyLucy said:
I could have made it hard to understand. But they did send me the AIP with my UK police report request, so I assume they know I've been in the UK as well. Either way, I'll send them another, just to be safe.
Yes, if they are requesting from there then they definitely know that you have been in the UK.
If it isn't an inconvenience then definitely get it again and courier it to them when you have it. Get tracking too.
Write a letter to put in with it and include as much useful information to link with your application to make it easier.

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
I'll just give them an explanation to the dates. Maybe they didn't get my first one. I don't know. Either way, I'll write down everything from the time I was in England to now. Just to be safe.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
CrazyLucy said:
I'll just give them an explanation to the dates. Maybe they didn't get my first one. I don't know. Either way, I'll write down everything from the time I was in England to now. Just to be safe.
Well with the letter I meant list like some of the following:
Sponsors DOB, full name, client id (if known), country of citizenship
Applicants DOB, full name, client id, and country of citizenship
Also the date the application was sent, received, started processing and when you got AIP

Listing all of that information helps them locate your file to add it.
Seems like they are attaching documents for quickly lately so I am hoping the same for you. Good luck and let us know how it all goes.

gigi1612

Nov 9, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2009
Doc's Request.
08-04-2011 Police Clearence
File Transfer...
29-10-2009
Med's Request
16-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-03-2011
Interview........
12-04-2011 AIP
LANDED..........
18-09-2012
CEC said:
Here's my e-cas:

We received your application for permanent residence on June 17, 2010.

We started processing your application on August 26, 2010.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted. (April something)

We received the requested information on June 15, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

As you can see, they have attached my Police Clearance onto the file on June 15. I am really considering ordering the FOSS notes to see what's up. Are you sure it does not delay the appl? thanks!
I'm not 100% sure, but I d think ordering your FOSS will delay your the process of your application. If you order copy a copy of your whole immigration file, then your application might be delayed.

Good luck. Hang in there, we're almost done!!! ;)

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
Love_Young said:
Well with the letter I meant list like some of the following:
Sponsors DOB, full name, client id (if known), country of citizenship
Applicants DOB, full name, client id, and country of citizenship
Also the date the application was sent, received, started processing and when you got AIP

Listing all of that information helps them locate your file to add it.
Seems like they are attaching documents for quickly lately so I am hoping the same for you. Good luck and let us know how it all goes.
Ohhh, maybe they couldnt find my file to add to it. Although, I did make a copy of the letter and put it in there with my work and address update. I'll totally do that too.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
gigi1612 said:
I'm not 100% sure, but I d think ordering your FOSS will delay your the process of your application. If you order copy a copy of your whole immigration file, then your application might be delayed.

Good luck. Hang in there, we're almost done!!! ;)
If they actually order just FOSS notes then it won't delay the processing. Just don't order the whole immigration file with FOSS because then it will delay it.

CrazyLucy said:
Ohhh, maybe they couldnt find my file to add to it. Although, I did make a copy of the letter and put it in there with my work and address update. I'll totally do that too.
Yes anytime you send anything to CIC include that information or else they have a risk of losing it. As an IO explained to me when I sent additional documents that they get several mail a day and it is a big place. Unfortunately they do misplace but don't always mean to. So just be sure to do that next time and also get tracking on it as well.

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
lovely20 said:
If you attached it with your PR in October then you are considered under implied status and can use an expired SIN working for the same employer you had worked before.
If you had an OWP before entering implied status, you can even still change employer and keep using the expired SIN. Under implied status you keep working under your last valid working permit conditions.

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
Love_Young said:
If they actually order just FOSS notes then it won't delay the processing. Just don't order the whole immigration file with FOSS because then it will delay it.

Yes anytime you send anything to CIC include that information or else they have a risk of losing it. As an IO explained to me when I sent additional documents that they get several mail a day and it is a big place. Unfortunately they do misplace but don't always mean to. So just be sure to do that next time and also get tracking on it as well.
Also, another thing I think I did wrong is I didn't print out the whole background declaration, I just printed out the work and address piece. I think they wanted me to re-do the whole thing. =/

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
CrazyLucy said:
Also, another thing I think I did wrong is I didn't print out the whole background declaration, I just printed out the work and address piece. I think they wanted me to re-do the whole thing. =/
That may be it too. Well at least now you are well prepared and definitely be closer to getting finished. I'm rooting for you. :)

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
Love_Young said:
That may be it too. Well at least now you are well prepared and definitely be closer to getting finished. I'm rooting for you. :)
Thank you very much! i'm in the final stretch! It feels so good to know that.

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ITS 309 DAYS OR 10 MONTHS 4 DAY.......................HMMMM THE PROCESSING TIME MOVE FROM 9-10MONTHS TO 10-11 MONTHS ,HOPE THEY MOVE FASTER.ITS REALLY WORRYING. :( :eek: :eek: :eek:

HI GUYS ,HAS ANY ONE GOT SOME GOOD NEWS OUT THERE?