01-12-2010
Med's Done....
01-11-2010
Interview........
21-02-2012
LANDED..........
21-02-2012
PUZZLED said:
Thanks. Yes its a long journey for everyone but I'm happy I got a letter from CIC MONTREAL yesterday regarding my landing interview. They ask me 3 requirements to provide before scheduling for Landing Interview.

First, the $490 payment fees for permanent residence. They provided a payment form to be fill up.
Second, they need 2 pieces of Photos with specification form attached.
Third, a Verification letter which I have to check every details in my CONFIRMATION OF PERMANENT RESIDENCE if all the details where correct i have to signed and date.

They ask me to submit it all within one week so they can schedule the landing interview, which I mailed everything today as registered post . :)

This is my case here in Montreal...I'm not sure with other province how they schedule the landing interview.

They also send a photocopy of my CONFIRMATION OF PERMANENT RESIDENCE.

Now I will be waiting for their letter when would be the Landing Interview.

Goodluck to everyone. Just hang in there! :)

I will keep you posted when would be the interview. Happy Valentines day!!!
I will have a landing interview on 21st of Feb. in the letter i got, CIC required that my vaild passport,2 photos, and $479 payment on spot when i have the interview. hope this helps.

Again, congratz!

Teriskier

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
Med's Done....
14-06-2010
PUZZLED said:
Thanks. Yes its a long journey for everyone but I'm happy I got a letter from CIC MONTREAL yesterday regarding my landing interview. They ask me 3 requirements to provide before scheduling for Landing Interview.

First, the $490 payment fees for permanent residence. They provided a payment form to be fill up.
Third, a Verification letter which I have to check every details in my CONFIRMATION OF PERMANENT RESIDENCE if all the details where correct i have to signed and date.

They ask me to submit it all within one week so they can schedule the landing interview, which I mailed everything today as registered post . :)

This is my case here in Montreal...I'm not sure with other province how they schedule the landing interview.

I received DM the same day as you puzzled and am also located at the MTL office...I hope I get a letter form them soon, I received the one from Vegreville yesterday :)

Teriskier

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
Med's Done....
14-06-2010
My Boyfriend is the best/worst! He wanted to surprise me with a Valentine's Day "gift" and he held the letter from Montreal which included the information for Confirmation of PR in addition to the photo requirements puzzled spoke of earlier :)

I am going to be taking my photo's tomorrow and then delivery the letter in person to immigration as it appears there was a mistake on my "date of entry" into Canada and I just want to clarify with them before submitting everything.

Good Luck to everyone out there! I can't wait to hear about my landing interview...do you think they would be able to tell me when I deliver the information tomorrow?

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
Teriskier said:
I received DM the same day as you puzzled and am also located at the MTL office...I hope I get a letter form them soon, I received the one from Vegreville yesterday :)
Congratulations! I got both letters from vegreville and cic montreal at the same day. Who knows will have the same landing interview! ;)

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
Teriskier said:
My Boyfriend is the best/worst! He wanted to surprise me with a Valentine's Day "gift" and he held the letter from Montreal which included the information for Confirmation of PR in addition to the photo requirements puzzled spoke of earlier :)

I am going to be taking my photo's tomorrow and then delivery the letter in person to immigration as it appears there was a mistake on my "date of entry" into Canada and I just want to clarify with them before submitting everything.

Good Luck to everyone out there! I can't wait to hear about my landing interview...do you think they would be able to tell me when I deliver the information tomorrow?
Didn't they give you a form for correction of details? With me they send it all together then i just have to check it carefully and if there is some mistake in typing they provided me with some form to fill up for correction.

Teriskier

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
Med's Done....
14-06-2010
PUZZLED said:
Didn't they give you a form for correction of details? With me they send it all together then i just have to check it carefully and if there is some mistake in typing they provided me with some form to fill up for correction.
Yeah they gave me all of it...they may have made one mistake I just need to confirm tomorrow with them.

shantese

Star Member
Sep 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Med's Request
july 29 2012/medical results august 21,2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
08-06-2010 AIP
VISA ISSUED...
decision made april 15,2013
LANDED..........
May 6,2013
this process is getting me fustrated just wait and wait wait wait like its a joke i mean like how long is a background check like honestly

Bubli

Star Member
Apr 27, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/06/2010
LANDED..........
23/02/2012
Hi to all,

didn't write too much, but i kept reading. After almost 2 years of waiting for PR i finally received my landing interview. It's on 23rd February.

I checked my e-cas every single day. Yesterday my status change from process to decision made and day later I had in my mail both letters.

Keep hoping, it's long and frustrating journey!!!

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
Bubli said:
Hi to all,

didn't write too much, but i kept reading. After almost 2 years of waiting for PR i finally received my landing interview. It's on 23rd February.

I checked my e-cas every single day. Yesterday my status change from process to decision made and day later I had in my mail both letters.

Keep hoping, it's long and frustrating journey!!!
Congrats! Me too Im just waiting for my LANDING INTERVIEW ;D goodluck

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
leo_liu said:
I will have a landing interview on 21st of Feb. in the letter i got, CIC required that my vaild passport,2 photos, and $479 payment on spot when i have the interview. hope this helps.

Again, congratz!
congratulations!

Dorina

Apr 5, 2011
Montreal,Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/31/2011
Interview........
March 21, 2012
LANDED..........
March 21, 2012 :)
PUZZLED said:

I just have a question about the Confirmation of Permanent Residence form.
Everything is correct and there are no mistakes. But there are a couple of questions after the " I certify that the above statements are true and correct:"
They are numbered 19 through 38 and some are filled out but in some sort of code.
As well as a question regarding Carrier/Flight No. and Money in Possession.
Silly question but are we supposed to sign above and leave that blank as well as the box which requires a Client Signature?

Anyone else have same questions/concerns?

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
Dorina said:
I just have a question about the Confirmation of Permanent Residence form.
Everything is correct and there are no mistakes. But there are a couple of questions after the " I certify that the above statements are true and correct:"
They are numbered 19 through 38 and some are filled out but in some sort of code.
As well as a question regarding Carrier/Flight No. and Money in Possession.
Silly question but are we supposed to sign above and leave that blank as well as the box which requires a Client Signature?

Anyone else have same questions/concerns?
No for me the 19 TO 38 I Didnt touch it just the number 36 which they ask DATE OF ENTRY TO CANADA if they write my date of entry as correct I didnt do anything.

what i submitted is the photocopy OF CONFIRMATION OF PERMANENT RESIDENCE which I signed inside the white box below.

and the verification step 3 which i TICK the box 1 saying I confirmed that all the details is correct then i signed and date.

Dorina

Apr 5, 2011
Montreal,Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/31/2011
Interview........
March 21, 2012
LANDED..........
March 21, 2012 :)
Puzzled , thank you very much for taking the time to explain and being patient and kind. I am very grateful that you put my mind at ease. And I am really amazed and thankful for this wonderful community here.
Good luck to everyone who is on their way :).

:)

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
Dorina said:
Puzzled , thank you very much for taking the time to explain and being patient and kind. I am very grateful that you put my mind at ease. And I am really amazed and thankful for this wonderful community here.
Good luck to everyone who is on their way :).

:)
You're welcome. I know the feeling and the frustration and the long waiting... ::) that's why I wanted to help others who are still waiting . Goodluck maybe we will have the same landing interview who knows... ;)

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Marriage on your mind for immigration? Think again

Married newcomers to Canada better be in love or be prepared tough it out in the relationship for two years if they don't want to be kicked out of the country.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada is changing Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations to make a sponsored spouse stay in the relationship for at least two years once they receive permanent residence status, or they have to leave Canada.

"For two years, you have to stay married," said Winnipeg Liberal MP Kevin Lamoureux, who heard the news on Valentine's Day as a member of the standing committee on Citizenship and Immigration. The government is bringing into force regulatory changes to deter marriage fraud, he said.

It will impose a two-year "conditional residency" on sponsored spouses, common-law partners and conjugal partners. If they don't stay in a bona fide relationship, they'll be removed by the Canada Border Services Agency, he said. Jilted spouses may be happy to see them get the heave-ho but victims of violent spouses could be in jeopardy, critics say.