n/a
Passport Req..
08-06-2010 AIP
VISA ISSUED...
decision made april 15,2013
LANDED..........
May 6,2013
tozo said:
nothing yet ,just call them and the agent say they are still doing the background check....how long does it take to finish that...the waiting is killing :eek:
i know honestly this waitng is a pain in the butt

kdmosco

Star Member
Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2012
tozo said:
nothing yet ,just call them and the agent say they are still doing the background check....how long does it take to finish that...the waiting is killing :eek:
damn! that's strange! i've been told so many times that if you applied for sponsor, before the prra application was submitted, they let you stay in the country until sponsor has been processed!!! i'm in the same boat as you, except i applied for sponsor on feb 2011 and my husband submitted prra in october 2011... so basically they're telling you she'll have to leave if you dont get an anwer by the 13th of march?!?!?! i get all different information!!! hope it all goes well!

shantese

Star Member
Sep 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Med's Request
july 29 2012/medical results august 21,2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
08-06-2010 AIP
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 6,2013
kdmosco said:
damn! that's strange! i've been told so many times that if you applied for sponsor, before the prra application was submitted, they let you stay in the country until sponsor has been processed!!! i'm in the same boat as you, except i applied for sponsor on feb 2011 and my husband submitted prra in october 2011... so basically they're telling you she'll have to leave if you dont get an anwer by the 13th of march?!?!?! i get all different information!!! hope it all goes well!
aww different situations

shantese

Star Member
Sep 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Med's Request
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
08-06-2010 AIP
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 6,2013
does anyone know what month mail they are opening now plz

sa_ja

Star Member
Mar 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2010
Med's Request
15-09-2012
Med's Done....
25-09-2012
Interview........
-
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
shantese said:
does anyone know what month mail they are opening now plz
last week they were opening september....!! so annoying!

Vegreville received our requested info Jan 20.....last week when I called they told me it would take an other 5 months before we hear something....We don't even have AIP yet...after almost 14 month..this is crazy ! I wrote to my MP...wonder if she will be able to help...no news yet !

shantese

Star Member
Sep 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Med's Request
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
08-06-2010 AIP
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 6,2013
sa_ja said:
last week they were opening september....!! so annoying!

Vegreville received our requested info Jan 20.....last week when I called they told me it would take an other 5 months before we hear something....We don't even have AIP yet...after almost 14 month..this is crazy ! I wrote to my MP...wonder if she will be able to help...no news yet !
i sent additinal info last august was just opened january 31 and just sent info last week cant take this 14months without aip is crazy whats the hold up

sa_ja

Star Member
Mar 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2010
Med's Request
15-09-2012
Med's Done....
25-09-2012
Interview........
-
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
shantese said:
i sent additinal info last august was just opened january 31 and just sent info last week cant take this 14months without aip is crazy whats the hold up
In our case they requested more cohabitation proof......we already had sent our lease....we were living in Jamaica ( both working for canadian company) at the time and the utilities bill were at the landlord name....we resent the lease + payment proof....payment were done in the account of our landlord, half the payment proof have my signature and the other half have my partner signature.....We could not open a joint account as neither of us was resident of the country...We had 2 letters from family and friend and one by a lawyer that know us....I don't know why they wanted more proof....it is crazy@@ I am very upset...so upset that I kind of don't care anymore...My boyfriend is on implied status and still can work...We want to buy a house have kids...but that will have to wait....

Canadian immigration is very uncool.....

CanAusGal

Star Member
Feb 6, 2012
Hey everyone,

For those that have received a 'decision made' or 'transfer' letter would you mind looking at my question below please :)

I received a letter from CIC today (dated Feb 7), however my ECAS still just says 'In Progress' (I have AIP) My letter states:

"This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The CIC in Victoria will contact you concerning your permanent resident status.

Please note: At the time of your appointment, you and your family members, if any, will be required to present the original identification document(s) to the CIC. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or identity documents.

..."

So my question, is this letter saying that they are going to request an interview as they have doubts on our relationship? Or is it decision made?

Thanks - just a little stressed by it :-[

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Congrats to Puzzled such a long journey about to end soon. Best wishes for Theresa_Lynn on friday last interview....

Does anyone has idea that after PR interview & landed papers in case we change our province, PR card will come to new province address if we inform immigration throgh on line or phone agent?

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
CIC sent me a letter on Feburary 2nd, however I have yet to get the letter. How long does it normally take to receive mail?

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanAusGal said:
Hey everyone,

For those that have received a 'decision made' or 'transfer' letter would you mind looking at my question below please :)

I received a letter from CIC today (dated Feb 7), however my ECAS still just says 'In Progress' (I have AIP) My letter states:

"This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The CIC in Victoria will contact you concerning your permanent resident status.

Please note: At the time of your appointment, you and your family members, if any, will be required to present the original identification document(s) to the CIC. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or identity documents.

..."

So my question, is this letter saying that they are going to request an interview as they have doubts on our relationship? Or is it decision made?

Thanks - just a little stressed by it :-[
Congratulations.....you r done now just wait for your local to write you for landing interview and about your confirmation and verfication of your document...then you are welcome to canada.......celebrate and not about having stress.....hahaha.....enjoy your day.

CanAusGal

Star Member
Feb 6, 2012
CrazyLucy said:
CIC sent me a letter on Feburary 2nd, however I have yet to get the letter. How long does it normally take to receive mail?
My recent one was sent Feb 7 and I received it Feb 13 (that was to Victoria). But my AIP letter was sent Sept 26.11 and I didn't get it till Nov 22

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
Mark_Anna said:
Congrats to Puzzled such a long journey about to end soon. Best wishes for Theresa_Lynn on friday last interview....

Does anyone has idea that after PR interview & landed papers in case we change our province, PR card will come to new province address if we inform immigration throgh on line or phone agent?
Thanks. Yes its a long journey for everyone but I'm happy I got a letter from CIC MONTREAL yesterday regarding my landing interview. They ask me 3 requirements to provide before scheduling for Landing Interview.

First, the $490 payment fees for permanent residence. They provided a payment form to be fill up.
Second, they need 2 pieces of Photos with specification form attached.
Third, a Verification letter which I have to check every details in my CONFIRMATION OF PERMANENT RESIDENCE if all the details where correct i have to signed and date.

They ask me to submit it all within one week so they can schedule the landing interview, which I mailed everything today as registered post . :)

This is my case here in Montreal...I'm not sure with other province how they schedule the landing interview.

They also send a photocopy of my CONFIRMATION OF PERMANENT RESIDENCE.

Now I will be waiting for their letter when would be the Landing Interview.

Goodluck to everyone. Just hang in there! :)

I will keep you posted when would be the interview. Happy Valentines day!!!

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
CanAusGal said:
My recent one was sent Feb 7 and I received it Feb 13 (that was to Victoria). But my AIP letter was sent Sept 26.11 and I didn't get it till Nov 22
Yeah I just got my letter to re-do my medicals. I was waiting on my post office to e-mail me, but I guess they didnt. I wonder how long my letter was sitting in my PO box.