Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received: 01-11-2010
File Transfer...
09-10-2012 (Ottawa)
Med's Done....
30-11-2011, x-ray delayed (pregnancy), redone on August 31, 2012
For those of you attempting immigration through this inland process ( not the sponsor ), did you find that at times you felt significant depression? Did you find yourself often manic at times ( extreme highs and lows)?

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
annabruce said:
For those of you attempting immigration through this inland process ( not the sponsor ), did you find that at times you felt significant depression? Did you find yourself often manic at times ( extreme highs and lows)?
Yes, I had extreme highs and lows. It was very hard to go through. I actually suffer from clinical depression and have had to go 2 years without treatment because of the process and not being able to afford to go to the doctor. It has been tough but I hope to get help again for it soon. This process definitely helped me realize how much stronger I can be though and in a way I am grateful for that but it definitely was tough at times.

I don't mean to be too personal but do you have a history of depression/bi-polar disorder? I know that this process is hard not to impact what is already difficult everyday for us. I promise it gets better though. *hugs* :-*

annabruce

Jan 15, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
09-10-2012 (Ottawa)
Med's Done....
Love_Young said:
Yes, I had extreme highs and lows. It was very hard to go through. I actually suffer from clinical depression and have had to go 2 years without treatment because of the process and not being able to afford to go to the doctor. It has been tough but I hope to get help again for it soon. This process definitely helped me realize how much stronger I can be though and in a way I am grateful for that but it definitely was tough at times.

I don't mean to be too personal but do you have a history of depression/bi-polar disorder? I know that this process is hard not to impact what is already difficult everyday for us. I promise it gets better though. *hugs* :-*
Thanks for your reply, and I hope that your clinical depression is now under control and you are feeling much better!

Actually, my wife is the one immigrating and currently struggling. She doesn't claim to have had any previous problems with depression. Added to this issue of the immigration is her post-miscarriage ( 2 months later ) issues and our inability to get her properly checked out due to the lack of money and medical insurance. I have been trying to tell her that her feelings are normal based on what I have read from the rest of you in this thread going through this inland process. What a frustrating process it is to wait impatiently as the finishing line is constantly changing positions, moving later and later. The hardest part about it seems to be the lack of understanding from other people around us. Everybody seems to believe that as soon as you're married you immediately are landed immigrants in Canada. The associated demands and expectations are incredibly frustrating. I am sure the rest of you feel the same way.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
annabruce said:
Thanks for your reply, and I hope that your clinical depression is now under control and you are feeling much better!

Actually, my wife is the one immigrating and currently struggling. She doesn't claim to have had any previous problems with depression. Added to this issue of the immigration is her post-miscarriage ( 2 months later ) issues and our inability to get her properly checked out due to the lack of money and medical insurance. I have been trying to tell her that her feelings are normal based on what I have read from the rest of you in this thread going through this inland process. What a frustrating process it is to wait impatiently as the finishing line is constantly changing positions, moving later and later. The hardest part about it seems to be the lack of understanding from other people around us. Everybody seems to believe that as soon as you're married you immediately are landed immigrants in Canada. The associated demands and expectations are incredibly frustrating. I am sure the rest of you feel the same way.

Please tell your wife that she is certainly not alone but that I am very sorry she is having to go through this and also for your miscarriage. That is always tough especially adding that to this situation. She has to allow herself time grieve at least for that. If after the AIP approval comes if she does not see improvements please encourage her to either get therapy, meet with new people, see a doctor, or whatever she is comfortable with or that may help her. And speaking from my experience, it has always meant a lot for my hubby to be there for me. I am sure she would feel a similar way. This definitely is a difficult process and as you said it is always tough with everyone believing that you are immediately an immigrant upon marriage. That part of it used to hurt me so often. I think even now I do still deal with a bit of depression from just this process alone but it takes time to grow from it. We learn to grow accustomed to things we thought we never could and then we have to get ourselves out of it after approval/landing. It takes time. Please stay strong. It is so nice also to see you so supportive and wanting to help her. Very thoughtful. Please let her know that we know how she feels, that we are all here for her if she would like to talk even through you or by herself, and that she is never ever alone. It will not be long now.

P.S. If she wants to talk with someone that has gone through it, I could send my email to you in a PM. Also, thank you for your kind words for me. I am trying to get it under control now once I can get a doctor to actually listen again but I am doing fairly well for now. :)

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
annabruce said:
I didn't have very extreme emotions. Sometimes I was feeling frustrated with the waiting time, just because of the sake for knowing an answer, but I would comfort myself that it was simply the fact that I had to wait 10 months and being impatient wouldn't speed up or slow down time. 10 months is 10 months.
Apart from that, I was working all the time to keep me busy. That helped a lot and I can imagine that it's a lot worse for people without a work permit to just sit around the house awaiting an answer. Like stated many times: find something to pass the time... Volunteering projects, hobbies, doing some home-studying, etc.

jeymi

Star Member
May 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2010
File Transfer...
15-11-2011
Interview........
03-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-12-2012
LANDED..........
14-12-2012
Hi Folks,

I just want to ask that if your file is transferred to local office, when it could be from the time they started processing? Do you think that after 9-months of in process, this is still possible? We have been waiting so much for this long process. I don't want to add this to our time line. Just to give an update, when I checked his application, there's a new line added up:

We received your application for permanent residence on December 6, 2010.

We started processing your application on January 21, 2011.

We received the requested information on August 3, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

The third line is about the additional information that we sent on May 24 that they received on May 26. They didn't request for any information. It's just that we feel that we need to send more documents: rent agreement (we moved from Manitoba to BC after 1 month from our application), BC hydro bill showing both our names, certificate of employment (I have no work when we sent our application), copy of credit cards (he is my supplementary). By the way I'm the sponsor.

Any reply is big help. Thanks in advance.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Hi jeymi and welcome!

Yes you would have to wait 10-11 months to know whether your file is transferred to your local office or you are given AIP.

shantese

Star Member
Sep 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Med's Request
july 29 2012/medical results august 21,2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
08-06-2010 AIP
VISA ISSUED...
decision made april 15,2013
LANDED..........
May 6,2013
has anyone ever had their inland application refused at second stage just checking am so tired of waiting

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
annabruce said:
Haha, of course. I was always in fear of 'what if they say no?' and I would become very sad and cling to my boyfriend even more in fear of losing him. It was a very topsy turvy time, and it still kind of is, I'm not out of the woods just yet. I was depressed, sad, nervous, jumpy, feeling desperate, and sometimes very strong. It was such a mess and at times I thought my boyfriend thought I was like this all the time and would fall out of love with me because I'm being so dramatic! But it was quite the opposite, it made us so much stronger. He saw me at my worst, now he can have me at my best!

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
annabruce said:
Yes, I do have the feeling sometimes. Especially at the very beginning 2-3 months when I had no idea if they received my app (we couldn't check ecas before the end of March for some reasons) and then I've started feeling depression again this month since my case is quite closed to the timing.

I totally agree other people that trying to find something to do will help a little and I truly believe that being upset or depression won't help speeding the case up. My example here...I can't go to work & study, and I don't have any friends in this city to talk (I moved here from Vancouver after we dating for 6 months )so I study some tax paper to learn how to do it or check the website to see what kinda job I may be interested in and what those companies' requirement, so I know what I should do to improve myself for it. Besides it, I go to work with my bf who's a self-employed of house renovation, so I have chances to go out, to give some help, to talk to other people. I also started doing gardening or do some little change at our home...etc

To be honest, I still sometimes got mad/depression, especially when my bf focused on anything else but my case, it makes me feel he doesn't care if I can stay or not. But I also understand it's not really his fault...thanks God he's quite understanding, so it's not a big problem between us.

Everything will be fine, that's what I believe in. Bless you...

annabruce

Jan 15, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
09-10-2012 (Ottawa)
Med's Done....
CrazyLucy said:
Haha, of course. I was always in fear of 'what if they say no?' and I would become very sad and cling to my boyfriend even more in fear of losing him. It was a very topsy turvy time, and it still kind of is, I'm not out of the woods just yet. I was depressed, sad, nervous, jumpy, feeling desperate, and sometimes very strong. It was such a mess and at times I thought my boyfriend thought I was like this all the time and would fall out of love with me because I'm being so dramatic! But it was quite the opposite, it made us so much stronger. He saw me at my worst, now he can have me at my best!
You know CrazyLucy, although he'll never admit it to you, he likely did question you and the relationship with you as a result of your drama. Frankly, I would be lying if I didn't admit I have at times questioned my wife, but common sense keeps telling me that I would be feeling very much as she is if I were in her position. Currently, I feel enough of my own uncertainty as I wait to learn the results of my own part of the application. There is one part of me that could effect my status as a potential sponsor if we happen to be unlucky enough to be judged by an unknowledgable IO. We've already had a foolish staff member return our application because they couldn't understand that I included the extension of status, work permit fee, sponsor app fee and permanent residence app fee all on one receipt when I paid online. Thank God I included another application, sent separately, to extend her status, otherwise the returned perm res application would have thrown her out of status. A lesson for some of you: Think carefully about relying on the implied status by including work permit app with your perm residence app. What happens if the application is returned or lost? You may be suddenly out of status.

Thanks for the support everyone who replied to my comments.

annabruce

Jan 15, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
09-10-2012 (Ottawa)
Med's Done....
Think carefully about relying on the implied status by including work permit app with your perm residence app. What happens if the application is returned or lost? You may be suddenly out of status.

Having said the above, the original receipt date of November 1st, 2010 persisted even though the application was returned. So maybe a returned app wouldn't throw you out of status. I'm uncertain.

annabruce

Jan 15, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
09-10-2012 (Ottawa)
Med's Done....
AmandaHsu said:
Yes, I do have the feeling sometimes. Especially at the very beginning 2-3 months when I had no idea if they received my app (we couldn't check ecas before the end of March for some reasons) and then I've started feeling depression again this month since my case is quite closed to the timing.

I totally agree other people that trying to find something to do will help a little and I truly believe that being upset or depression won't help speeding the case up. My example here...I can't go to work & study, and I don't have any friends in this city to talk (I moved here from Vancouver after we dating for 6 months )so I study some tax paper to learn how to do it or check the website to see what kinda job I may be interested in and what those companies' requirement, so I know what I should do to improve myself for it. Besides it, I go to work with my bf who's a self-employed of house renovation, so I have chances to go out, to give some help, to talk to other people. I also started doing gardening or do some little change at our home...etc

To be honest, I still sometimes got mad/depression, especially when my bf focused on anything else but my case, it makes me feel he doesn't care if I can stay or not. But I also understand it's not really his fault...thanks God he's quite understanding, so it's not a big problem between us.

Everything will be fine, that's what I believe in. Bless you...
Thanks for the reply.

Actually, as a violinist, she is plenty busy. She is fortunate because she is legally able to work doing individual gigs without a work permit.

Having said that, she is a little upset that I keep putting off designing her website. I am afraid to over-promote her at this stage until after she gets her work permit. She is boiling over with ideas of what she wants to do with her music and I keep pulling her back because I don't want her to get into trouble with immigration over this work. This work can quickly become illegal if she overdoes it and effectively becomes self-employed.

sandra_85

Jun 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys!!!

Like I said before I received the letter that says I was going to receive another letter with the date for the landing interview. Does anyone know how long it takes from Ottawa. I receive the letter aug 12 .... Its been almost a month and nothing yet....

gigi1612

Nov 9, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2009
Doc's Request.
08-04-2011 Police Clearence
File Transfer...
29-10-2009
Med's Request
16-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-03-2011
Interview........
12-04-2011 AIP
LANDED..........
18-09-2012
Love_Young said:

I have had extrem highs and lows as well, but most of the time I try to keep myself optimistic and with a positive attitude. And I keep myself busy, that's the key. I go to the ym, I spend time cooking, gardening, and entreteining family and friends. This ways time goes faster.

Stay positive and strong. We almost there!!! ;)