AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
i found this info from other discussion board, I hope it will make you a good weekend

"We received your application for permanent residence on October 28, 2010.

We started processing your application on December 9, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

We received the requested information on June 3, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We sent you a letter on September 6, 2011 to xxxx about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, ....."

although CIC works slowly but it moves....have a good weekend

couver

Jun 24, 2011
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 29 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 12, 2010
My Status just updated to this:

We received your application for permanent residence on October 29, 2010.

We received the requested information on February 9, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

My medical results still aren't showing up, which I got at the time I applied. I assumed they would appear when I got AIP. Is it possible that "medical results have been received" and "We sent you a letter......." will show up in the next few days, or does this mean that they need more documents from me?

Still very excited!

couver

Jun 24, 2011
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 29 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 12, 2010
Love_Young said:
You will get a separate letter in the mail about the application process being completed. And you will either get a letter or call from your local CIC office about landing. I got a call from an IO but that is just because we have a small office. You will more than likely be contacting by letter. So you have two more letters coming your way.

I agree and disagree. Yes there is a good likely hood that you will get approved for both the longer it takes but several have gotten approved for both very quickly as well. It is all dependant on the IO and individual cases themselves. Just like it took me 10 months and 2 days to get ONLY AIP but within two more days I had the second stage approved for so you just never know. Only time will tell.

With that saying though, I do sincerely hope that most do get approved for both at the same time. Keep your heads up and stay strong. ;D
It looks like this answers my questions and makes me more excited that PR could be on the way soon!! Have a great weekend everyone!

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
couver said:

We received the requested information on February 9, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

My medical results still aren't showing up, which I got at the time I applied. I assumed they would appear when I got AIP. Is it possible that "medical results have been received" and "We sent you a letter......." will show up in the next few days, or does this mean that they need more documents from me?

Still very excited!

Congratulations! This means you got AIP or First Stage Approval! Wait a couple more days if they add those lines or you can call them on Monday and inquire.

annabruce

Jan 15, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received: 01-11-2010
File Transfer...
09-10-2012 (Ottawa)
Med's Done....
30-11-2011, x-ray delayed (pregnancy), redone on August 31, 2012
couver said:

Still very excited!
Congratulations!

... October 29, 2010 was a Friday. That means Nov. 1st is next. That makes me and my wife very nervous. Will the return of our application through their error effect our processing date? We'll soon find out ...

We received your application for permanent residence on November 1, 2010.
We started processing your application on December 15, 2010.
We started processing your application on February 25, 2011.
We returned your application with a letter on December 15, 2010. You may re-apply or resubmit your application when the information requested is provided. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
couver said:

Still very excited!
Great news. That means you got AIP. :D Sometimes the "medical results" line doesn't show up until second stage is done so I wouldn't be too concerned about it. If they need more documents from you, you will most likely receive a letter with the AIP approval letters letting you know. But it seems like you got AIP two days ago because the status usually updates two days after a decision has been made. So November applicants, here we go. ;) And hang in there still October applicants, your turn is VERY soon.

coldgirl

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-10-2010
congrats couver!!!

pptk703

Star Member
Dec 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

We started processing your application on December 14, 2010.

Does that mean I can apply for OWP now? Or should I wait for a few more days to see if I get 2nd stage? Can I apply before receiving a letter from CIC? Should I apply online or by mail?

For some reason I cried after I saw this because It's been a lonnnnnnnnnng time ! :D

manny168

Aug 3, 2011
hi everyone i just have question?
and my queston is a minor who's under 18 yrs old need to fill up the form BACKGROUND/DECLARATION and the ADDITIONAL FAMILY INFORMATION..
I'm the principal applicant and they are my dependent children who's not accompanying me right now?
hope there's someone can give me some advise..
thanks..

SMA.DE

Jun 19, 2011
Hi L_Y, this is follow my previous question about minimum income requirement when I sponsor my husband
(In my previous question, I mentioned that I have one PR baby who is under my sponsorship and a citizen baby).

I read the official requirement that "The ability to meet the minimum income requirement is mandatory, unless the sponsor is sponsoring a spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or a dependent child where the child has no dependent children of their own."

They use the world "OR". In my case, since I have one undertaking already, will VO consider I am sponsoring BOTH my PR
baby AND my husband, therefore I am not qualify for "no need to meet the minimum income requirement". If I need to meet the minimum income requirement , will 25k income for the previous 12 month plus a 70k deposit be enough?

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
So much good news today. Congrats to pptk and couver. Let's finish up October and move on to November now. I predict a big jump next week.

gigi1612

Nov 9, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2009
Doc's Request.
08-04-2011 Police Clearence
File Transfer...
29-10-2009
Med's Request
16-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-03-2011
Interview........
12-04-2011 AIP
LANDED..........
18-09-2012
couver said:

Still very excited!

Conratulations!!! You got AIP. Hopefulley you when second stage approval soon ;)

gigi1612

Nov 9, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2009
Doc's Request.
08-04-2011 Police Clearence
File Transfer...
29-10-2009
Med's Request
16-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-03-2011
Interview........
12-04-2011 AIP
LANDED..........
18-09-2012
kiwikris said:
An update for any old hands left here. LY & eye I think you may be the only ones......????

I FINALLY got my PR and landed yesterday. Only took 19 months in total and getting the MP's office involved and yes I just about went insane! Who knows why it took this long but it did and don't anyone say about having everything all documents sent in at the same time works as this is what we did. The package was well put together and even had a contents and flags to show where the information was for each answer and nothing else was ever requested. Well I did get a phone call in March asking for an update on my working situation but that is all.

So people who are waiting and getting annoyed even if the date for first stage approval isn't even up yet, try and be patient and know that it most likely won't take as long as it did for me!!!

Anyhoo good luck everyone :)

Congratulations!!! I took 19 moths. Wow. I'm going insane!!! Mine is taking even longer. I will try to follow everybody's advice and keep myself busy and calm.

Congratulations to all who have received good news recently. :)

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
pptk703 said:

We started processing your application on December 14, 2010.

Does that mean I can apply for OWP now? Or should I wait for a few more days to see if I get 2nd stage? Can I apply before receiving a letter from CIC? Should I apply online or by mail?

For some reason I cried after I saw this because It's been a lonnnnnnnnnng time ! :D
Yay, yay, yay good news all around. Its about time. CONGRATULATIONS!!! :p
Yes, you can apply for an OWP now. Even if you got second stage soon, you may not get an appointment for a while (depends on local office) so you should still be good. I would do it anyway because if you don't get second stage as soon as you hope at least you can work, get healthcare, etc. And you can apply both ways. I think applying online is quicker but maybe that has changed. Either wait to get the AIP approval letter to copy and include with the application, maybe or just mention that you got AIP approval. I am sure they will be able to see it well enough but you know me, I am all about caution and being on the safe side.

Oh I cried too, mostly danced though, lol. We just don't realize how much we hold in until we get that final answer. Everything is suddenly different and for the better. Time to start enjoying your new beginning and settling in. Give yourself time for you to settle in and enjoy it. Again, congratulations! :D

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
SMA.DE said:
Hi L_Y, this is follow my previous question about minimum income requirement when I sponsor my husband
(In my previous question, I mentioned that I have one PR baby who is under my sponsorship and a citizen baby).

I read the official requirement that "The ability to meet the minimum income requirement is mandatory, unless the sponsor is sponsoring a spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or a dependent child where the child has no dependent children of their own."

They use the world "OR". In my case, since I have one undertaking already, will VO consider I am sponsoring BOTH my PR
baby AND my husband, therefore I am not qualify for "no need to meet the minimum income requirement". If I need to meet the minimum income requirement , will 25k income for the previous 12 month plus a 70k deposit be enough?
I am fairly confident that you sponsoring your child doesn't disqualify you but I would ask another member in case, rjessome. She would be better informed on that part. As it says, you only need to meet the minimum income if you are sponsoring a spouse/partner. And I think you are getting confused on the dependent child part. This is what it actually says: "This requirement applies only when dependent children who have dependent children of their own are included on the application."

Again, there is NO minimum income requirement. My husband and I are quite young (21), still living with his parents, and he worked a minimum wage job making only about $21,000 a year BEFORE taxes and he was approved as a sponsor. He even needed to be on EI sick benefits during the end of the process before we got an answer and he still got approved. So trust me, you don't need to worry so much on the financial aspect of it. You will be good to go. We would be so lucky to even have the amount you have but we don't. There are even those with school loans, no income, etc that are still getting approved. They do like to see support but would rather see that you are in a genuine relationship and that the applicant can also help themselves if they are approved but even the latter isn't top priority either here. And they want to make sure you aren't receiving social assistance (other than disability) or are bankrupt. You'll be fine. ;)