Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
angtao said:
LY, it looks like you have all the info for Zehra on the chart on pg.445
I was just asking because it is nice to have that with a landing story so that others don't always have to look through pages to find out. ;)

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
zehra said:
Hi everyone,

So I had my interview yesterday which took less than 5 minutes after waiting such a long time. They asked questions just to confirm the information they had about us.
I learned that I would get my PR card in 3 months and I could apply citizenship in 2013.

Honestly I didn't feel anything, I didn't feel excited or I didn't feel relaxed after it. Maybe because I'm too worried now about getting a job.

Anyway, for us the process was long but smooth. what I could suggest for everyone who is going to apply is to provide all required documents when they are applying. This saves time a lot. I learned a lot from this forum, I'd like to thank each of you and I wish best of luck to all who are waiting!!

Zehra
Congratulations Zehra, awesome! I have to jump back here to congratulate you while struggling with documents, hehehehehe. Thanks for your valuable reminder.

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
angtao said:
Sorry LY.
Not a problem, in fact I am sorry. I should have explained better before.

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Hi,

I'm gathering the papers required for my landing interview. in the list it asks generically for 'all immigration papers"
Unfortunately (believe it or not) when i sent the inland application to vegreville i forgot to photocopy the original documents so i don't have any proof that i sent them. well i found one of the two police certificates and my birth certificate, i have my original passport , proof of payment of 490 $ and the 2 photos required for the permanent resident card but the CIC application itself is missing. but i think(tell me if i'm wrong) shouldn't be a problem because they have all of my application if they approved me, no? maybe immigration papers mean the original tourist visa(proof of status) which i have. then applying from quebec it asks me for quebec papers (which i have) and it is very specific about that. my question is

what documents were you asked at your landing interview? please answer also if you didin't apply from within quebec

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
mexicanito said:
Aaaaaah... Nine months and three weeks... Dear mother of God, since the day I started working I had never been off for sooooo long... I really hope CIC workers have a lot of energy and motivation to catch up... It does feel very unfair for everyone in this situation... Anyway, we cannot send them energy by complaning so, my fellow brothers and sisters in the waiting game, tell us, what do you do during these frustating times to enjoy your freetime?
Keep busy, do now all the things in the house that you wont be able to do after when you start working... paint, clean garage, fixe the appliances, learn french if you are in Quebec, take online courses to improve your skills... enjoy the weekends starting Friday... and learn to sky cause the snow is coming, you will see how time flys when you have goals :)

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
canadiancitizen said:
Keep busy, do now all the things in the house that you wont be able to do after when you start working... paint, clean garage, fixe the appliances, learn french if you are in Quebec, take online courses to improve your skills... enjoy the weekends starting Friday... and learn to sky cause the snow is coming, you will see how time flys when you have goals :)
I agree with this. Value the time you do have left because once you are approved its all go, go, go to get things started from where you couldn't before and to get settled in.

murphy

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
inlandappl...just bring the letter that you recieved, 1 picture only,490 then your passport or any documents when you came here....ex work permit etc...

agatha52

Aug 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2010
Doc's Request.
-
Med's Done....
08-04-2010
lovely20 said:
I think I can answer some of your questions Agatha:

1. Your OWP will be on a separate envelope and usually arrives a day before you get your AIP letter.
2. You can go to your nearest Service Canada office and bring your passport and OWP to get your temporary SIN.
3. About the health card, depends on where are you right now. In Alberta, you can go to the nearest registry to apply. Bring your passport and OWP too.
4. About your son, it depends on which visa office is handling it.

thank you Lovely!
I received my OWP 2 days ago (wednesday) by mail and now waiting for the AIP. ;D
We are in Ontario, there must be a registry office here.

________
10/26/10: App Received
12/07/10: Started Processing
09/02/11: AIP And OWP

agatha52

Aug 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2010
Doc's Request.
-
Med's Done....
08-04-2010
tozo said:
Its 10months 14 days and still no news from CIC..........Dont have any thing to say again but keep my head up and wait. :eek: :eek:
Hi Tozo

you are only 1 day later than mine. I am sure you'll get to hear the good news soon, maybe tonight as there is usually an update Friday night. ;)
I know how it feels towards the final month.

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
An update for any old hands left here. LY & eye I think you may be the only ones......????

I FINALLY got my PR and landed yesterday. Only took 19 months in total and getting the MP's office involved and yes I just about went insane! Who knows why it took this long but it did and don't anyone say about having everything all documents sent in at the same time works as this is what we did. The package was well put together and even had a contents and flags to show where the information was for each answer and nothing else was ever requested. Well I did get a phone call in March asking for an update on my working situation but that is all.

So people who are waiting and getting annoyed even if the date for first stage approval isn't even up yet, try and be patient and know that it most likely won't take as long as it did for me!!!

Anyhoo good luck everyone :)

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
murphy said:
inlandappl...just bring the letter that you recieved, 1 picture only,490 then your passport or any documents when you came here....ex work permit etc...
well i have 2 photos, they ask for 2 photos and i'll bring them, thanks for the answer. simplicity is the best thing.

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
kiwikris said:
An update for any old hands left here. LY & eye I think you may be the only ones......????

I FINALLY got my PR and landed yesterday. Only took 19 months in total and getting the MP's office involved and yes I just about went insane! Who knows why it took this long but it did and don't anyone say about having everything all documents sent in at the same time works as this is what we did. The package was well put together and even had a contents and flags to show where the information was for each answer and nothing else was ever requested. Well I did get a phone call in March asking for an update on my working situation but that is all.

So people who are waiting and getting annoyed even if the date for first stage approval isn't even up yet, try and be patient and know that it most likely won't take as long as it did for me!!!

Anyhoo good luck everyone :)

Congratulations Kiwikiris! Finally!!!

Now you just have to wait for a couple more months for your PR Card.

couver

Jun 24, 2011
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 29 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 12, 2010
Congrats to everyone who's getting some movement on their files. Another Friday has come without any news on my end, but I just want to remind everyone to enjoy their weekends, pursue your hobbies if you don't have a work permit, and be glad that we can Skype our families back home for free in the 21st century. It's too bad that the CIC is so slow, and I have my opinions on why they are understaffed (expensive G-20 & fighter jets?), but there is so little that we can do about it except be glad that Canada is a lovely country and know that our day will come soon enough. LY, thanks for keeping on top of everything, and thanks to everyone else for sharing your stories.

Congrats Kiwikris, at long last