18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Love_Young said:
Its not really necessary to wait to do it Jurjen. Medicals are valid for 12 months from the time they are done and quite often IO's for the inland process extend the validity of the medicals if they find it is pressing time for them to expire. Not saying it isn't a good idea but you would have the unnecessary worry of making sure the medicals got attached and in time. Trust me, things get lost. Why give yourself unneeded stress when you could relax a bit better knowing you have a COMPLETE application to submit.
They can only extend it if you didn't leave the country in the mean time.

By now we're looking at waiting times for first stage approval going towards 11 months (we're starting to reach 310 days), so if there's the slightest problem with your application, your medicals will expire. I didn't want more X-rays then neccesary and I also have better ways of spending another 300 dollars.

Yes, things occasionally get lost. However, sending a copy of the receipts is only back-up. The DMP sends the results to Ottawa, CIC inquires at Ottawa when the time is right. If they receive your receipts, but not the medicals, it shows that they need to investigate in their own organisation what went wrong. If they didn't get the receipts, they'll have the medicals. The chances are minimal that both get lost.

@hatrang: so it's not a modification, but you add the proof of the medical to your file. Send it to the same address in Vegreville and write BIG on the back of the envelope: PLEASE ADD TO FILE ASAP. Normally processing mail takes 2 months, my information got added to my file in 1 week.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
As I said before Jurjen, definitely not a bad idea. ;D However they could wait to schedule the medical for the day before sending it off. It still would be good to go. Where do they say it will only be extended if you don't leave the country in the mean time? Please don't take it as a sign that I disagree with you, I am just interested to know where to find it so that I can forward on the same thing if ever brought up. As far as I know, it doesn't make a difference but most of the time, the applicant's stay within Canada anyway. But of course other times you miss home or have important duties back home to attend to so this would be nice to find out for sure.

I can definitely agree and see your point on not wanting to waste $300 (none of us want to) but the chances are slim. Either way they should do what they feel would work best for them. My suggestion still stands at scheduling a medical for the day before or day of sending the application though. :)

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
Jurjen said:
@ hatrang: so it's not a modification, but you add the proof of the medical to your file. Send it to the same address in Vegreville and write BIG on the back of the envelope: PLEASE ADD TO FILE ASAP. Normally processing mail takes 2 months, my information got added to my file in 1 week.
Thanks a lot one more time Jurjen. You solved all concerns around medical exam.

Love_Young said:
You're very welcome, I just hope I helped. Yes, I have my sleeping pattern messed up again. My hubby works overnights and I have stayed up during the nights with him like this for 2 years. Hard habit to kick. :p I wish you lots of luck and hope you'll keep in touch.
I can't relate myself now but I know what you mean Love_Young, I'd been in exactly the same problem when both of us were working. Anyway, we're a spouse, I'd better changing my sleep pattern a little bit than not sleeping together. Hope you can sleep awhile now and thanks for your kind wishes, very sweet. Ah, changing sleeping pattern isn't easy always, let me give you a hug to share the burden :-*

I have to say that from the time we started thinking about sponsor and PR, I've been panic all the time since too many things to be done and yes, waiting time seems to be endless when we can't study or work.

I'm relieved a little now. Time to finish paper work and proof, let go gal! :(

Ah, the last question for today, I'm asking my family back home to get police certs for me. Can my family scan and send me via Internet or they have to send original paper via snail mail? I'm asking that because snail mail in my country gets loss easily and time to wait also much longer than Internet. Thanks a bunch for all helps!

pepe261

Star Member
Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2010
Interview........
1-Dic-2011
Today is 10 months since my wife and I sent the application for PR. They are now taking 11 months to approve my wife as sponsor!!!

This is really bad, really bad... I can't believe it.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
*HUGS* to everyone! Take deep breaths, you can get through this.
We're all here for you. Stay strong. :-*

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
Sorry, after posting previous question, I feel like it was not the last of today yet, to early to say, eh?

And here is a new coming questions for OWP app.
In form IMM1249E, part C, number 7, they ask original entry to Canada and number 8, they ask recent entry to Canada.
I went to Canada first time under visitor visa in 2006. Honestly I don't have any paper of this visit with me now since the company did everything at that time. That old visa was in my old passport which was destroyed after renewal, no clue now. That time I stayed in Canada 3 months and went back to my country.
Until last year, I entered Canada again under closed work permit. This time I finished all paper work myself and I kept all proofs well.

So, should I put the first visit or the second visit into the question of number 7 above? If I put the first visit, I'm worried I don't have any paper or ID in hands though. Please kindly advise and sorry for asking too many. Just because I'm struggling alone.....

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
pepe261 said:
Today is 10 months since my wife and I sent the application for PR. They are now taking 11 months to approve my wife as sponsor!!!

After reading through 126 pages of this thread, I have to force myself to expect 20 months now :(. It's really long but we don't have a choice, painful though. I give myself 2 months to finish the applications and 18 months to wait for PR journey. I hope we all can go through. You're already passing more than a half of the journey, cheers!!!!

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
pepe261 said:

I totally understand how you & ur wife feel...

I was quite happy when my case was almost reaching the "10 months point"

but now....I don't know what to expect.. I don't even want to look at the date because I'm worried I'll be disappointed again when I finally reach the 11 months and they extend the processing time again .. :(

All I can do or what I do now is pretending everything is fine, try to do some other things...

Hugs...you're not alone..

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
Love_Young said:
*HUGS* to everyone! Take deep breaths, you can get through this.
We're all here for you. Stay strong. :-*
Thanks Love_Young,
big *HUGS* for all of us.

coldgirl

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-10-2010
I talked to an agent yesterday and he said I should should hear something after October 4th!!! I seriously hope he is wrong...

islandgirl25

Star Member
Jan 14, 2011
wow...how come the application times are longer now? is it that time of year? is it b/c of the citizenship (country) of some of the applicants? that's very discouraging, and i haven't even sent my application out yet :(

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Love_Young said:
Where do they say it will only be extended if you don't leave the country in the mean time? Please don't take it as a sign that I disagree with you, I am just interested to know where to find it so that I can forward on the same thing if ever brought up. As far as I know, it doesn't make a difference but most of the time, the applicant's stay within Canada anyway. But of course other times you miss home or have important duties back home to attend to so this would be nice to find out for sure.
Of course you don't mean bad, together we're getting to the real facts and the bigger picture. ;)

I tried to look it up on the CIC website, however I couldn't find it. I don't exactly remember where I gained this info, it could very well be that it was a CIC agent on the phone (which makes us wonder if it's the 'full truth'). Any way, that's how I remember it. Maybe policy changed in the past months, which is why I can't find it any more.

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
hatrang said:
Sorry, after posting previous question, I feel like it was not the last of today yet, to early to say, eh?

And here is a new coming questions for OWP app.
In form IMM1249E, part C, number 7, they ask original entry to Canada and number 8, they ask recent entry to Canada.
I went to Canada first time under visitor visa in 2006. Honestly I don't have any paper of this visit with me now since the company did everything at that time. That old visa was in my old passport which was destroyed after renewal, no clue now. That time I stayed in Canada 3 months and went back to my country.
Until last year, I entered Canada again under closed work permit. This time I finished all paper work myself and I kept all proofs well.

So, should I put the first visit or the second visit into the question of number 7 above? If I put the first visit, I'm worried I don't have any paper or ID in hands though. Please kindly advise and sorry for asking too many. Just because I'm struggling alone.....
In the mean time, I'm searching around other threads and found these two:
PMM's answer: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t18333.0.html
2. Have you formally renounced your PR status? That will be one of the criteria before a new application will be considered. Original date use your "landing" date, and if you are in Canada, then your latest entry.
That means I should fill the first visit into number 7

However, I also find this
BlueDragon17846's answer: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t34439.0.html

You raise a good point which I did no see before. The way I interpreted the question when I filled it out, was that the original entry is the date you received the current visitor visa, and the most recent entry was just that--the most recent entry. So for you I would think that the two dates would be the same, that is, last Sunday.

Then your original reason would be whatever reason you had when you entered last Sunday.
That means I should fill the second visit into number 7 and leave 8 empty (since it's the same as number 7)

I don't know, now, even though did some searches, still confused as the time posting my question :p
I hope someone got OWP approval, please advise me, as far as I know, many people in this thread got through the process.

Jul 26, 2011
Hello everyone! Congratulations to all who got good news already!

We are still waiting...PR application was revieved on Oct 25. When using my husband's client ID to check status there are always 3 lines there - oct 25 2010 recieved, dec 7 started processing, June ? additional info recieved. However when I use my client ID to check, I found something new....

the status says "IN PROCESS", and the details page says :

We received your application to sponsor XXX on October 25, 2010.

We started processing your application on August 31, 2011.

Does anyone knows what this mean? are we close to hear the good news?

thanks a lot!

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
torontosunshine said:
Hello everyone! Congratulations to all who got good news already!

We are still waiting...PR application was revieved on Oct 25. When using my husband's client ID to check status there are always 3 lines there - oct 25 2010 recieved, dec 7 started processing, June ? additional info recieved. However when I use my client ID to check, I found something new....

the status says "IN PROCESS", and the details page says :

We received your application to sponsor XXX on October 25, 2010.

We started processing your application on August 31, 2011.

Does anyone knows what this mean? are we close to hear the good news?

thanks a lot!
according to what I read from other discussion board..
if you are the sponsor, that means you'll receive some news soon bcos sponsor usually can check the status online when it's (AIP or not ) almost done, so crossed your fingers and waiting..

Good luck and hope to hear good news from you soon